Ban Creationism and Intelligent Design in the science classroom as federal law.

Empirical lol.

1. Present your best evidence that shows the general theory of evolution is a fact? I don't want to see a simple change within a population that we both know is a Micro adaptation.

2. How bout fossils showing one major kind of organism changing into another?

This means an example of one taxon order becoming another.
asked and answered in the creationist thread.
not relevant to this discussion.you're attempting to use it to trot out more creationist bullshit.

What do you base your belief on if you do not have this evidence ? because without this evidence that is exactly what the theory is, a belief system.
you're right, you have no evidence that creationism is not what I said it was..
as to theory a theory IS based on evidence...
creationism is based on conjecture and folk tales..
there is no quantifiable evidence making it fact..

The ultrareligious wacky reactionary far right remain silly and unbelievable. The youth in those families understand just how crack brained those parent are, truly.
I'm not sure. They keep turning out kids and trying to cripple their critical faculties. Some of those kids survive intact, others do not.

https: // petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ban-creationism-and-intelligent-design-science-classroom-federal-law/pNY6mCBg

Since Darwin's groundbreaking theory of Evolution by Natural Selection, scientists all around the world have found monumental amounts of evidence in favor of the theory, now treated as scientific fact by 99.9% of all scientists.

However, even after 150 years after the establishment of evolution, some schools across the US are "teaching the controversy," including Creationism and Intelligent Design. Both of these so-called "theories" have no basis in scientific fact, and have absolutely zero evidence pointing towards these conjectures. These types of loopholes in our education are partially to blame for our dangerously low student performances in math and science.

Therefore, we petition the Obama Adminstration to ban the teachings of these conjectures that contradict Evolution.
Please sign and promote via FaceBook, Twitter etc.

you have no clue if there is an intelligence behind the universe so why do you pretend ?

https: // petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ban-creationism-and-intelligent-design-science-classroom-federal-law/pNY6mCBg

Since Darwin's groundbreaking theory of Evolution by Natural Selection, scientists all around the world have found monumental amounts of evidence in favor of the theory, now treated as scientific fact by 99.9% of all scientists.

However, even after 150 years after the establishment of evolution, some schools across the US are "teaching the controversy," including Creationism and Intelligent Design. Both of these so-called "theories" have no basis in scientific fact, and have absolutely zero evidence pointing towards these conjectures. These types of loopholes in our education are partially to blame for our dangerously low student performances in math and science.

Therefore, we petition the Obama Adminstration to ban the teachings of these conjectures that contradict Evolution.

you have no clue if there is an intelligence behind the universe so why do you pretend ?
Pretend what?

The Only True Knowledge, Consists In Knowing, That We Know Nothing, -- Socrate

The Only True Knowledge, Consists In Knowing, That We Know Nothing, -- Socrate
Science doesn't concern itself with unachievable philosophical abstracts. It just seeks to account for the phenomena we observe as accurately as is humanly possible.

asked and answered in the creationist thread.
not relevant to this discussion.you're attempting to use it to trot out more creationist bullshit.

What do you base your belief on if you do not have this evidence ? because without this evidence that is exactly what the theory is, a belief system.

Dodge!

I've read too many evolution vs creationism threads not to draw some conclusions.

First, I believe that what is holding so many Creationism advocates from accepting science is nothing more than arrogance. Arrogance that refuses to accept the indisputable fact that human beings are members of the animal kingdom. That we are mammals, primates. In spite of our commonality with our fellow mammals (live birth, nursing, warm blood, vertebrae, body hair) Creationists cannot believe that homo sapiens are indeed animals susceptible to the same evolutionary forces all other creatures are.

Someone or some tenet of faith has told them that human beings are special creatures endowed with mystical powers that leave us exempt from all other natural forces which effect other species. Someone or some tenet of faith assures the Creationist that the Genesis myth is actually truth and fact and incontrovertible. Despite other myths held by other religions, the Genesis myth is not only exclusively true, but worthy of the title of scientific law.

Arrogance that somehow allows the Creationist to dismiss science whenever science proves that myth false. Science is a sticky wicket for Conservatives, particularly the church crowd. Science shows that mankind was not placed on earth wholly formed like a potted geranium. Science shows that the species homo sapiens adapted, changed, evolved if you will from a lower life form to the successful beings we are today. Science shows Conservatives that human beings do have the ability to alter our environment in often destructive ways. Those alterations are often costly to correct and are poo-poo'd by Conservatives whose thinking goes as far as the bottom line of a quarterly earnings report and no farther.

Arrogance. It's our God who told us this! It's our profits that will suffer due to these 'perceived' environmental mistakes!

And we must suffer these fools gladly. We must continue to fight for truth and knowledge in the face of myth and ignorance. We must suffer the consequences of short sighted decisions designed primarily to make money and not act as a responsible stewards of our planet.

if eots is a product of that intelligence. then IT has some major issues.

Dodge!
yes your post is...

Dodge!
yes your post is...

You did Dodge my question.

Now give me some of this quantifiable evidence in detail but in your words not a copy and paste job and see if you really understand this evidence.

The second conclusion I've drawn after reading creationism vs. evolution threads is Creationists believe that God and evolution are somehow mutually exclusive. That merely proffering a theory of the evolution of the species means that God is rebuffed in the bargain.

Neither Darwin himself nor any responsible scientist involved in furthering the theory disputes the existence of God, only the myth of creation laid out in Genesis. But the Creationists pick up their pitchforks and cry "Blasphemer!" whenever evolution is discussed.

Now, does this mean that Creationists want to take everything from the Bible literally? If that's the case, I would demand more consistency. If the Genesis myth is sacrosanct, then why aren't we as vigilant concerning the laws laid out in Deuteronomy? Can my beloved Steelers play with the skin of a dead pig? Can the varsity at Notre Dame? What should be done about farmers who insist on planting one crop along side another? Can a cheeseburger be a hanging offense because we are not strictly following dietary laws?

Or does it means that Creationists are intellectually incapable of holding two divergent thoughts in their minds at once? And if this is the case, why are they allowed any influence over the education of children who are not theirs?

Forum List

Back