Bank pay control, UNBELIEVABLE

Performance bonuses are in the contracts between the companies and their executives.

You really need to throw in the towel on your faux naivete act.....It's not working anymore.
If there is any naivete it is on the part of the companies and the employees that think the federal government is going to pay their bonuses.

If I took a job with one of these banks, knowing they took bailout money, I'd not be sure of what my bonus would be. But if you think they are that stupid then perhaps you should question their judgment. Not that I expect you will.
Irrelevant.

The lack of an Article 2 enumerated power means that the Executive is operating beyond the range of his lawful bounds.

Were this Shrubbie or McGoofball, I'd be saying the same thing.
The government is breaking no contracts. The banks agreed to certain terms when they took the money...one of which was not paying reckless bonuses. If anyone is breaking the contract it is the banks. But I understand the typical mindset of people who think their own bad actions are always the fault of the government.

As for Willow's continuous whine about Goldman Sachs...they paid back the money months ago.

BUT, we should demand the government reregulate the banking industry period instead of just focusing on this one aspect.

I heard yesterday that one of these guys is going to have to take a 50% pay cut. From $38 million all the way down to $19 million.

I wonder how he'll manage to get by?

The problem is, where does the government stop. When do they start dictating to everyone including you what your compensation is going to be.

I guess when the company I work for gets run into the ground and bailed out by taxpayers.

so maybe you can explain why Goldman Sachs and GE aren't on the list.

The problem is, where does the government stop. When do they start dictating to everyone including you what your compensation is going to be.

I guess when the company I work for gets run into the ground and bailed out by taxpayers.

Goldman Sachs paid back the money we gave them.

Does GE even fall under what the OP is about?

Goldman Sachs ALLEGEDLY paid back the money we gave them. You simply do not know if that is true.

I hear we allegedly landed on the moon, too.

GS and GE have paid back the money...and are not issuing loans backed by the government any longer. Other companies have not paid back the money and continue to issue loans backed by the government.

It really isn't rocket science.

Goldman Sachs ALLEGEDLY paid back the money we gave them. You simply do not know if that is true.

GS and GE have paid back the money...and are not issuing loans backed by the government any longer. Other companies have not paid back the money and continue to issue loans backed by the government.

So I take it that - somehow - you have PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE of this events - you have seen photocopies of the cancelled checks - or are you just gullible and naive.

So I take it that - somehow - you have PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE of this events - you have seen photocopies of the cancelled checks - or are you just gullible and naive.

Oh, I get it now.

You're a nutter.

Oh, I get it now.

You're a nutter.

Oh, I get it now.

You're a nutter.

I heard yesterday that one of these guys is going to have to take a 50% pay cut. From $38 million all the way down to $19 million.

Since government owns car companies, maybe they should cut the salaries and wages of union employees too?

Ame®icano;1643167 said:

Since government owns car companies, maybe they should cut the salaries and wages of union employees too?

good morning americano!

....you need to do some research instead of just believing what someone with a skewed view tells you...honestly...it's okay to pick a "side" to be on, it really is....BUT FAIR WARNING....things that ones own side tells them, are not always the case...at least I have found such, with my own side....always try to do a google of what the other side is saying, or in this case, what did the auto union workers give up? as a google....

here is just one link regarding such...

US auto union offering major contract concessions

Ame®icano;1643167 said:

good morning americano!

....you need to do some research instead of just believing what someone with a skewed view tells you...honestly...it's okay to pick a "side" to be on, it really is....BUT FAIR WARNING....things that ones own side tells them, are not always the case...at least I have found such, with my own side....always try to do a google of what the other side is saying, or in this case, what did the auto union workers give up? as a google....

here is just one link regarding such...

US auto union offering major contract concessions

That's saying there was a proposal to concede the jobs bank program. Did they actually give that up? Or is there a link that states what they actually gave up in concessions? Rather than what was proposed to be given up.

Ame®icano;1643167 said:

Sure...they are the government. They can willy nilly ignore contracts can't they? That Rule of Law thing is just a myth.

Ame®icano;1643167 said:

Sure...they are the government. They can willy nilly ignore contracts can't they? That Rule of Law thing is just a myth.
Oh, I don't know. They are ignoring the contracts of many CEO's when they cut pay by 95%.

Seems the unions should be fair game as well.

Or how about the contracts that gave many employees a retention bonus? Seems to Me that Congress was more then willing to break the law and create legislation specifically targeting a certain number of citizens if they did not give back what they were legally entitled to.

Ame®icano;1643167 said:

Oh, I don't know. They are ignoring the contracts of many CEO's when they cut pay by 95%.

Seems the unions should be fair game as well.

The CEOs are the ones making the decisions to accept government money. The unions not so much.

Forum List

Back