Banned from flying because you're a danger? The GOP will make sure you get an assault weapon.

To me, it's common sense. If you have been banned from flying because you are a danger, then why is the GOP fighting for your "right" to own an assault weapon? Anyone?

I feel if you are too dangerous to be let on a plane, then you are too dangerous to own assault weapons.

Agreed 100%. Here we have someone that was on a terrorist FBI watch list, co-workers had reported him as a possible threat twice, the FBI interviewed him twice, and he was able to go into a gun store and buy assault weapons and ammo. Why? That's bullshit. At the very LEAST the FBI could have had him flagged for purchasing these weapons, and could have figured out he was planning something.

Even if he wasn't planning anything, shouldn't the fact that he bought a handgun and an assault rifle, as well as large capacity magazines brought up some kind of red flag?

Especially if he was previously investigated by the FBI.

I mean...........based on previous behavior, shouldn't this have at least raised a flag and warranted investigation?

You know..................if the FBI has investigated you for a terrorist, had surveillance on you as well as interviewed you TWICE, I think you deserve to be not only on a no fly list, but should also be banned from buying weapons as well.

I mean.................if you are capable of generating that much suspicion, then you don't deserve to have a gun.
Lawsuits

To me, it's common sense. If you have been banned from flying because you are a danger, then why is the GOP fighting for your "right" to own an assault weapon? Anyone?

I feel if you are too dangerous to be let on a plane, then you are too dangerous to own assault weapons.

I think they may finally come correct on this one. Even the NRA can't possibly support this any longer...

I feel if you are too dangerous to let on a plane, then you are too dangerous to own assault weapons.

Bad idea- Because of the secret nature of the list, and how one gets on it, and more importantly, how do you get off when errors are made. You do know some pretty high up governmental officials wound up on the list by mistake right? And it took a very long time to get it all cleared up

-Geaux

It's a good idea.........
1. The secret nature of the list is part of the process. Why would they be available to the public if they are monitoring some one?
2. The conspiracy theory that federal agents just willy dilly put any one on the watch list is just an excuse to arm these criminals.
3. If an american middle easterner just traveled from Syria to US.......... Don't you think he/she should be in the watch list?
3. FBI wanted list or felons can still buy guns legally.
4. So you think the FBI just willy dilly put someone in the top 50 most wanted criminals on the list?

50 Most Wanted Criminals in the United States - Criminal Justice Degree Hub

If you are too dangerous to be let on a plane then you should be locked up.

Putting some on a arbitrary list and denying them Constitutional rights is a violation of due process. IMO a person is either safe to be in public or they are not.

The situation now is half-assed. You are okay to be in public but no flying and no gun legally. WTF?

Last edited:
You know..................if the FBI has investigated you for a terrorist, had surveillance on you as well as interviewed you TWICE, I think you deserve to be not only on a no fly list, but should also be banned from buying weapons as well.

I mean.................if you are capable of generating that much suspicion, then you don't deserve to have a gun.

or to vote!
Because they are the same exact thing.

Yes they are, they are both in the Bill of Rights!

See how the far left wants to get rid of the second amendment?

Are you lost like Saasynoclass? Where in the world that WE decent Americans trying to get rid of 2nd amendment? But what is bothering............. Is people like you LIKE to arm suspected terrorists and criminals.
Like the Orlando shooter if he was in the watch list he should not be able to buy gun legally.

or to vote!

Are you lost like Saasynoclass? Where in the world that WE decent Americans trying to get rid of 2nd amendment? But what is bothering............. Is people like you LIKE to arm suspected terrorists and criminals.
Like the Orlando shooter if he was in the watch list he should not be able to buy gun legally.

Keep them out of America then my rights are not assuauted

-Geaux

You do know some pretty high up governmental officials wound up on the list by mistake right? And it took a very long time to get it all cleared up

And you think I give a flying fuck that high government officials couldn't buy guns..because they were on a list. And you think this a bad thing. Why?

Remember neither has been charged with a crime at that point.

You support a man who wants to bar a group of people from immigrating here. And none of them have been charged with a crime.

We have an American on a terrorist watch list........but let him buy guns...that he then uses to murder.

Vs. Some Syrian woman with kids who needs to be denied entry.....cause she comes from.a country with terrorism.

How is the woman a greater threat?

or to vote!

See how the far left wants to take away peoples rights?

The list is flawed, improve the list first and make sure there is "Due Process", you know that thing Obama did away with?

Silly far left drones!

Tell me how does the government decide who is too dangerous to fly?
What due process is used?

You have no Constitutional right to fly. You cannot have your Constitutional rights removed without due process of law. You may want to read the fifth amendment when you get a chance.

Really, you should learn the Constitution of your own country. Pathetic. If what they did is bad enough to take them to court, then you can remove their right to buy a gun

Let's just make this easy for you people.
We all know the no fly list is a randomly chosen list of people who the government thinks maybe possibly someday somehow might hijack a plane or blow it up. How they pick those names who the fuck knows maybe they didn't like a Facebook post

But let's use this dubious list to not only deny citizens who have done nothing illegal by the way from exercising any of their rights

On the no fly list? No 5th amendment for you. No 4th amendment protection. Free speech forget it you are on the no fly list

Banned from flying because you're a danger? The GOP will make sure you get an assault weapon.

given enough time

the leftists will make sure everyone loses all their rights

without due process

or to vote!

Keep them out of America then my rights are not assuauted

-Geaux

He was American born citizen. How can you keep him out of America?
Confused mind like to know.

Rdean... Google it. Most people end up on these lists without any due process... that's the reason.

And do tell, how exactly will the Republican Party ensure people get assault rifles?

Geeze Louise you're dumb.

or to vote!

See how the far left wants to take away peoples rights?

The list is flawed, improve the list first and make sure there is "Due Process", you know that thing Obama did away with?

Silly far left drones!

Whuuuut?

The subject of a criminal investigation by the FBI?

It's OK you can still run as a Democrat

Forum List

Back