🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Barbra Streisand to Perform in Israel

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Legendary vocalist Barbra Streisand will take the stage in the Holy Land for one performance only this summer, to honor President Shimon Peres for his 90th birthday.

409824.jpg

Although the date is not yet firm, according to a report in the Hebrew-language Yediot Acharonot daily newspaper, the Jewish American diva is scheduled to perform on June 15 or 16. Music industry sources confirmed the report.

Barbra Streisand to Perform in Israel - Music - News - Israel National News

m0126.gif

Legendary vocalist Barbra Streisand will take the stage in the Holy Land for one performance only this summer, to honor President Shimon Peres for his 90th birthday.

409824.jpg

Although the date is not yet firm, according to a report in the Hebrew-language Yediot Acharonot daily newspaper, the Jewish American diva is scheduled to perform on June 15 or 16. Music industry sources confirmed the report.

Barbra Streisand to Perform in Israel - Music - News - Israel National News

m0126.gif

Are you attending?

It will probably cost Gazzilion Shekels, lol. I wish I could, though. I looooove her voice:D
You have some pretty good singers there, Lipush. Here's one who sang at Peres' 80th birthday.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYoVDCBSxFk]Bil Clinton in Israel Singing With Liel - YouTube[/ame]

Hoss, please don't be rude to BIK....he's one of the more reasonable 'pro Palestinian' posters here. Of all of them, he's the one who's most 'pro-Palestinian', as opposed to being anti-Israel.

'Sides - the kid is hurting now, I'm sure. He TRIED to get sherri to stop carrying on about dead Israelis *because he thought it was wrong* - and she blew him off just like she did everyone else......

Just 'cause we think he's a little meshugge about some things, doesn't mean we've got to be nasty like that to him ALL the time. Look, RoccoR is ALWAYS nice and polite - and everyone respects him, kwim?

So, maybe if each of us tried posting more like that.....????? It couldn't hurt, could it?

In the words of my late beloved FIL "There's always time to get angry later...."

Hoss, please don't be rude to BIK....he's one of the more reasonable 'pro Palestinian' posters here. Of all of them, he's the one who's most 'pro-Palestinian', as opposed to being anti-Israel.

'Sides - the kid is hurting now, I'm sure. He TRIED to get sherri to stop carrying on about dead Israelis *because he thought it was wrong* - and she blew him off just like she did everyone else......

Just 'cause we think he's a little meshugge about some things, doesn't mean we've got to be nasty like that to him ALL the time. Look, RoccoR is ALWAYS nice and polite - and everyone respects him, kwim?

So, maybe if each of us tried posting more like that.....????? It couldn't hurt, could it?
Actually, Marg, I have always recognized those good traits BIK has. I ridicule him when he deserves ridicule. And incidently, I thanked him for his response to Sherri and gave him a POS REP. I have somewhat of a good rapport with some of the Pro Pal posters and have given and received Pos Reps from them, while I have informed them they will be scorched when they merit scorching.

Just as an FYI - the Israel/Palestine forum is under Global - and though it usually ends up discussing conflict, it's not limited to that, so this is definantly an area where we can choose too ignore threads that don't interest us and focus on the ones that do.

Generally, I would say that issues relating to the conflict, to non-conflict activities in that region and, political actions of other countries relating to the region would be appropropriate.

What's not appropriate is:

• Extended religious discussions (often rants) - take it to Religion or Flame Zone (you know when a thread is Flame Zone material).
  • General religious discussion (that belongs in religion)
  • Broader discussions involving the whole Middle East - for example Islamic extremism, Arab spring, etc. - take it to Middle East.
  • Diatribes on baby-killing Zionists; rants about pedophilic Muslim rapists; extended attacks on a poster's character rather than the topic. That's what the Flame Zone is for. Use it.

I realize that there are posters here who are really provocative in what they say and how they act - and I understand how frustrating it is, especially when you've been making and listening to the same arguments and hearing the same "spew" for years now. Make use of the Flame Zone to call them out and hold their feet to the fire - there's nothing like a good roast there and it doesn't end up derailing the topic.

There's also no reason you can't post fun stuff - like entertainers playing in Israel in another forum rather than this one - Entertainment, etc - if you choose to. :)

I don't know what this is about. What happened?

Forum List

Back