Baseball Hall of Fame

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Hate to say it….But the Baseball Hall of Fame is diminished by not having Steroid Players in it.

I have been watching Baseball for 60 years and if I were to name the Top 10 players I have seen in my lifetime…..Players like Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemons, Pete Rose and Barry Bonds would be on it.

For the HOF to claim its members are the best to ever play the game is just not true.
Even worse it allowed Bud Selig and Tony LaRussa to be admitted without question. All the players knew that Steroids were out there and would improve your performance tremendously. They also knew that nobody was checking. To pretend that Selig and LaRussa did not know is ridiculous.
They gladly accepted the increased revenue that steroids generated and LaRussa accepted the wins McGuire was generating without saying that those wins were in question.
LaRussa had a cheater on his team and did nothing about it.

Last edited:
Hate to say it….But the Baseball Hall of Fame is diminished by not having Steroid Players in it.

I have been watching Baseball for 60 years and if I were to name the Top 10 players I have seen in my lifetime…..Players like Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemons, Pete Rose and Barry Bonds would be on it.

For the HOF to claim its members are the best to ever play the game is just not true.
Even worse it allowed Bud Selig and Tony LaRussa to be admitted without question. All the players knew that Steroids were out there and would improve your performance tremendously. They also knew that nobody was checking. To pretend that Selig and LaRussa did not know is ridiculous.
They gladly accepted the increased revenue that steroids created and LaRussa accepted the wins McGuire was generating without saying that those wins were in question

Rose shouldn't get in until after he passes away. The gambling rule was clear as day for decades.

Clemens also has the politics issue keeping him out, in addition to the Steroids.

I say let the ones in who would have obviously gotten in anyway, Bonds, Sosa. McGuire on the other hand was pure roids, he wouldn't have even been close without them.

And then you have guys like Jeff Kent, who never made it because the writers think he was a giant asshole.

Baseball turned a blind eye to the steroid problem because ratings were through the roof.

They might as well be handing out the needles.

Very hypocritical not putting them in the HOF

Rose shouldn't get in until after he passes away. The gambling rule was clear as day for decades.

Clemens also has the politics issue keeping him out, in addition to the Steroids.

I say let the ones in who would have obviously gotten in anyway, Bonds, Sosa. McGuire on the other hand was pure roids, he wouldn't have even been close without them.

And then you have guys like Jeff Kent, who never made it because the writers think he was a giant asshole.
Almost sounds like Rose committed murder. He did not. If you were convicted of a betting crime, how much time in jail and probation would you get? 10 years? 15 years? 20 years? I think plenty of time has gone by to put Rose into the HOF for his playing days. Good grief. That's like taking OJ's Heisman away from him when he was a good person before he wasn't. What's wrong with people.

Almost sounds like Rose committed murder. He did not. If you were convicted of a betting crime, how much time in jail and probation would you get? 10 years? 15 years? 20 years? I think plenty of time has gone by to put Rose into the HOF for his playing days. Good grief. That's like taking OJ's Heisman away from him when he was a good person before he wasn't. What's wrong with people.

He broke the biggest rule in baseball, he can get in once he's in the ground.

I look at Barry Bonds as the worst abuser of Steroids

But along with Ken Griffey Jr, he was the best player in the game. Then along came McGuire and Sosa along with a bunch of other steroid players who were hitting 50 plus HRs and reporters looked down at Bonds who was only hitting 40.
MLB was making heroes of these players and not doing a thing to check for Steroids.

Finally, Bonds said…..OK if you want to ignore players on steroids, I’ll show you what I can do on steroids.

He broke the biggest rule in baseball, he can get in once he's in the ground.

That is just fucking cruel.
Rose bet on baseball but was never accused of throwing a game. He bet on his team to win.
Yes, it is against the rules but Rose has more than paid for his transgressions. Let him on while he is still alive.

That is just fucking cruel.
Rose bet on baseball but was never accused of throwing a game. He bet on his team to win.
Yes, it is against the rules but Rose has more than paid for his transgressions. Let him on while he is still alive.

I disagree, I wouldn't stop watching baseball if it happens, but I disagree.

The rule on gambling was explicit. The rules on drugs were still being hashed out during the beginning of the Steroid era,
and we also have to talk about those little pills they all took, greenies, or the "high test" coffee they drank.

I disagree, I wouldn't stop watching baseball if it happens, but I disagree.

The rule on gambling was explicit. The rules on drugs were still being hashed out during the beginning of the Steroid era,
and we also have to talk about those little pills they all took, greenies, or the "high test" coffee they drank.

Another thing where MLB is hypocritical is today the game gets money from Fan Duel and other Sports Betting outlets while they continue to be outraged that Pete Rose bet on Baseball
He was punished enough
Let him in

Another thing where MLB is hypocritical is today the game gets money from Fan Duel and other Sports Betting outlets while they continue to be outraged that Pete Rose bet on Baseball
He was punished enough
Let him in

It's legal now and any player who touches one of those will get stomped on.

Ironically to me legal gambling makes it HARDER to fix games, as the companies have an interest in not having them fixed and are mandated to keep accurate records to assure that, something "Rick or Tony the Bookie" never had to do, or wanted to do.

They gladly accepted the increased revenue that steroids generated and LaRussa accepted the wins McGuire was generating without saying that those wins were in question.
Fuck the steroid players! It's diminished by not having Pete Rose in the Hall.

bonds was doing great before the roids,,,he fucked up by doing them so late in his career....guys in their late 30;s slow down...bonds got much better...it was pretty obvious he had "help".....

Do you really think Rose would throw a game just to win a bet?

Fixing games, betting on games and bribery offers were common practices during baseball’s Deadball Era in the early 20th century — and these were just the schemes initiated by players. Millions of fans bet on baseball, too, in a popular societal pastime that resembles today’s fantasy football leagues and NCAA basketball tournament bracket pools.

I could care less.

It is all a beauty contest of PC half wits anyway.

It's like Ty Cobb. Ty was banned from baseball for jumping the fence during a game and almost killing a guy in a wheelchair because he called Ty a half negro.

Even though his entire team hated Ty, as everyone else did because he was such a jerk to everyone, they stood behind him because they were all racists themselves. So they all said they would quit if Ty was not reinstated in baseball, which they later did.

Does attempted murder pass your little test of deserving to be in the Hall, or is gambling worse than trying to kill someone?

MLB needs to just admit that the game was tainted by steroids and that the game did nothing about it.
Players took Steroids because they knew nobody was checking.
Mangers looked the other way because they were winning with steroid players
The Commissioner looked the other way because he liked the increased ratings and attendance
Nobody warned the fans that these numbers were bogus….they just took their money

Just admit it was part of the game during that era

Forum List

Back