Be honest. "Gay rights" is code for more affirmative action.

Social conservatives continue to mistake their loss of power over the personal lives of people unlike them as persecution of social conservatives.

Affirmative action is persecution. Nothing could be more obvious. THINK`

NO, affirmative action is merely a correction to the fact that most of the wealth is held by white males who would just hire people like them left to their own devices.

The main beneficiary of AA have been white women.

Now, all that said... if you think there isn't prejudice out there still, you are mistaken.

Case in point. They sent out 1300 resumes with obviously white names and obviously names that would used by African Americans. Other than that, the experience on the resumes were pretty much identical.

The people with black sounding names were 50% less likely to get a call-back.

I have never seen affirmative action applied to gays

I have seen anti-discrimination laws but not affirmative action

Last edited:
Really? So...if my wife and I move to Virginia, we are as recognized as a legally married couple as any of our straight friends would be?

No, but last I checked couples don't have rights. As individuals, however, you both would have the same right as your straight friends regarding whom you can marry.

Right...and anti miscegenation laws weren't discriminatory because they applied equally to men and women. Tried and failed. We don't have the right to legally marry the non-familial consenting adult partner of our choice. You do. We don't have the same rights.
Of course you do, as long as that person is of the opposite sex.
Marriage is the legal and spiritual union of one man and one woman, PERIOD.

No, but last I checked couples don't have rights. As individuals, however, you both would have the same right as your straight friends regarding whom you can marry.

Right...and anti miscegenation laws weren't discriminatory because they applied equally to men and women. Tried and failed. We don't have the right to legally marry the non-familial consenting adult partner of our choice. You do. We don't have the same rights.

Not in 9 State and the District of Columbia. Civil Marriage is the legal joining of two non-related, consenting, adults.

>>>>

Defined by you and other bigots...not by me.

Social conservatives continue to mistake their loss of power over the personal lives of people unlike them as persecution of social conservatives.

NO, affirmative action is merely a correction to the fact that most of the wealth is held by white males who would just hire people like them left to their own devices.

Now, all that said... if you think there isn't prejudice out there still, you are mistaken.

Case in point. They sent out 1300 resumes with obviously white names and obviously names that would used by African Americans. Other than that, the experience on the resumes were pretty much identical.

Point 1, Most of the prejudice remaining is fueled by resentment. It's not bad enough that blacks are so over represented on the welfare rolls, since AA, qualified white males have lost out in employment and college admissions.

Point 2. Maybe they don't get call backs because no white man knows how to pronounce Laquishatanyatoma.

In my experience, most blacks with "black sounding names" were raised by parents that don't want to be identified as Americans, but as African Americans. Any person I hire needs to be able to interact with my clients. If they were raised with a resentment against "white society", I really don't need them representing my firm.

Defined by society hundreds of years ago... Do you have quotes by me that indicate that I'm a bigot, or are you talking out of your ass again?

Point 1, Most of the prejudice remaining is fueled by resentment. It's not bad enough that blacks are so over represented on the welfare rolls, since AA, qualified white males have lost out in employment and college admissions.

Point 2. Maybe they don't get call backs because no white man knows how to pronounce Laquishatanyatoma.

In my experience, most blacks with "black sounding names" were raised by parents that don't want to be identified as Americans, but as African Americans. Any person I hire needs to be able to interact with my clients. If they were raised with a resentment against "white society", I really don't need them representing my firm.

Over-represented?
Update: Welfare Recipients?.Which Race Gets More Benefits? | The ObamaCrat.Com?
And AA doesn't discriminate against "qualified" white males. It discriminates against white males who are not as qualified as minority males, and naturally, because of "white privilege", they feel "rained upon".

We saw it with blacks and hispanics and women and disabled. They say they want equal rights but it's just the opposite. They want special treatment in things like jobs and college scholarships. The perverts are playing the same game - take from the normals and give to me.

Well yeah, cuz we all know that the third question on the employment application is

Are You
Gay
Straight
Bi
Undecided
Check all that apply

We saw it with blacks and hispanics and women and disabled. They say they want equal rights but it's just the opposite. They want special treatment in things like jobs and college scholarships. The perverts are playing the same game - take from the normals and give to me.

I find it arrogant that you consider yourself normal. You've provided us with some of the most perverted posts on the board.

Defined by society hundreds of years ago... Do you have quotes by me that indicate that I'm a bigot, or are you talking out of your ass again?

Your disdain for marriage equality makes you a bigot.
Society? What was "kosher", in society, in the past, does not define society today. Things change. People change. Try to come into the 21st century.

Any view on political conservatives who see that marriage is not in the enumerated powers, and therefore deem it the prerogative of the 50 laboratories of democracy, the states?

Or, in your view, does 'social justice' preempt the Constitution?

Or...a middle view....attempt an amendment.

...Do you have quotes by me that indicate that I'm a bigot...?

Its pretty obvious but how about this:

You're not just a bigot. You're also a racist.

Any view on political conservatives who see that marriage is not in the enumerated powers, and therefore deem it the prerogative of the 50 laboratories of democracy, the states?

Since marriage is not in the enumerated powers, and therefore deem it the prerogative of the 50 laboratories of democracy - do you call for the repeal of DOMA so that the federal government will recognize (again as it did for over 200 years) all Civil Marriages entered into under State authority?

>>>>

Since marriage is not in the enumerated powers, and therefore deem it the prerogative of the 50 laboratories of democracy - do you call for the repeal of DOMA so that the federal government will recognize (again as it did for over 200 years) all Civil Marriages entered into under State authority?

>>>>

You seem unaware of the process by which a question is brought before the Court.
I await the origination of your lawsuit.

Since lawyers will pursue any action, for a fee, I'm certain you will be able to find one.

Do, keep me advised.

I cannot and will not argue with the 'spiritual' part. That's between you and God. But the legal part is what can and must be debated because we the people determine the legality of the marriage contract. The license issued by the state, the contract granted by the state, the union recognized by the state. Denying access to this license, these protections, this contract to two committed individuals simply because they do not meet the requirements set forth by someone's interpretation of Scripture is on its face wrong.

We do not conduct business based on Scripture in America. If you're looking for a society that DOES legislate according to a Holy mandate, try Iran. We the people make the laws.

And there is no sense, no logic, no valid argument against same sex marriage in America today. Sober, tax paying citizens of the age of majority have the same rights to contract law protections as any other sober, tax paying citizen of the age of majority.

Your disdain for marriage equality makes you a bigot.
Society? What was "kosher", in society, in the past, does not define society today. Things change. People change. Try to come into the 21st century.

I hold no disdain for equality, but I have respect for tradition and the meaning of words. I AM in the 21st century, poet. The dictionary definition of "marriage" is still the legal and spiritual union of one adult man and one adult woman.
You would like to scrap that definition. Perhaps you would like to change it to a union of 2 or more mammals with no restrictions on species, age, sex or the number of participants. Not me. Words have meanings sir. THAT doesn't make me a bigot

Actually, there is no such thing as ‘gay rights,’ homosexuals have the same rights as everyone else – no more, no less.

The problem is the ignorant and hateful social right and reactionary conservatives who seek to deny homosexuals their civil rights.

sure they do.....whats the big thing about marriage then?....

Equal protection. No state can enforce separate but equal. A marriage in one state must be recognized in all other states (full faith and credit). State's cannot hide behind the skirts of "state's rights" to enforce discriminatory laws. Gone are the days of little bigoted fiefdoms. No more George Wallaces or Lester Maddoxes.

Forum List

Back