Be honest. "Gay rights" is code for more affirmative action.

Your disdain for marriage equality makes you a bigot.
Society? What was "kosher", in society, in the past, does not define society today. Things change. People change. Try to come into the 21st century.

I hold no disdain for equality, but I have respect for tradition and the meaning of words. I AM in the 21st century, poet. The dictionary definition of "marriage" is still the legal and spiritual union of one adult man and one adult woman.
You would like to scrap that definition. Perhaps you would like to change it to a union of 2 or more mammals with no restrictions on species, age, sex or the number of participants. Not me. Words have meanings sir. THAT doesn't make me a bigot

You couldn't possibly have respect for equality, which is the whole point. Obviously, the definition in the dictionary is "outdated", and it will be modified. Society, not I, is rapidly "scrapping" that definition. And typically, you want to stretch the definition to include animals, polygamy, and pedophilia. No one is suggesting that. But that doesn't stop you, does it? Yes....it most certainly makes you a bigot.

Who the fuck are YOU to doubt my respect for anything, except maybe you?

Hey if we're going to redefine marriage, why stop with gays. Why NOT multiple spouses, children, sheep? Where does it stop. We need constants in life.

I vote we make Pi 3.25 It will be a lot more convenient.

I thought the gay community wanted equal treatment as a couple in a civil arrangement or union?

I hold no disdain for equality, but I have respect for tradition and the meaning of words. I AM in the 21st century, poet. The dictionary definition of "marriage" is still the legal and spiritual union of one adult man and one adult woman.
You would like to scrap that definition. Perhaps you would like to change it to a union of 2 or more mammals with no restrictions on species, age, sex or the number of participants. Not me. Words have meanings sir. THAT doesn't make me a bigot

You couldn't possibly have respect for equality, which is the whole point. Obviously, the definition in the dictionary is "outdated", and it will be modified. Society, not I, is rapidly "scrapping" that definition. And typically, you want to stretch the definition to include animals, polygamy, and pedophilia. No one is suggesting that. But that doesn't stop you, does it? Yes....it most certainly makes you a bigot.

Hey if we're going to redefine marriage, why stop with gays. Why NOT multiple spouses, children, sheep? Where does it stop. We need constants in life.

Because most sane and "normal" human beings wouldn't "go there", thinking that polygamy, pedophilia or bestiality is synonymous with same sex marriages. It stops at consensual human beings, not related and of legal age. The world is changing, and you can't stop it...your only option is to accept and adapt. Sorry.

I thought the gay community wanted equal treatment as a couple in a civil arrangement or union?

In the end....Gays want to be able to say "This is my husband" or "This is my wife"

Just like straights can

I cannot and will not argue with the 'spiritual' part. That's between you and God. But the legal part is what can and must be debated because we the people determine the legality of the marriage contract. The license issued by the state, the contract granted by the state, the union recognized by the state. Denying access to this license, these protections, this contract to two committed individuals simply because they do not meet the requirements set forth by someone's interpretation of Scripture is on its face wrong.

We do not conduct business based on Scripture in America. If you're looking for a society that DOES legislate according to a Holy mandate, try Iran. We the people make the laws.

And there is no sense, no logic, no valid argument against same sex marriage in America today. Sober, tax paying citizens of the age of majority have the same rights to contract law protections as any other sober, tax paying citizen of the age of majority.

I have no problem with civil unions whatsoever. My problem is with the constant redefinition of words.
Take "racism" for example. A racist used to be a guy in a white robe and a pointy hat that considered one race superior to another. Today, the left is seeking to change that to anyone who disagrees with the President.

The truth of the matter is "why" you disagree with the President. Is it for policy and politics or, is it because he is "black"? As much as you'd like to deny it, I believe the latter is true.

Then you'd be dead ass wrong, pal. My 2nd wife was/is black. My only disagreement with her was about her daughters.

Because most sane and "normal" human beings wouldn't "go there", thinking that polygamy, pedophilia or bestiality is synonymous with same sex marriages. It stops at consensual human beings, not related and of legal age. The world is changing, and you can't stop it...your only option is to accept and adapt. Sorry.

Ill reiterate that this is inconsistent with the argument that gays use for passing gay marriage.

Such a line is inconsistent with arguments presented and should be rescinded.

The real line is at 2 consenting individuals. That’s it (and that does not include children as they cannot consent).

Classic slippery slope fallacy.

You cannot use a harmless activity as justification for legalizing a harmful one. Gay marriage is harmless. Pedophilia is not.

Why is it that bigots invariably try to equate homosexuality with bestiality and/or incest and/or pedophilia, EVERY TIME!?

[

So you are fine with Congress exceeding their enumerated powers to pass DOMA in the first place and instead of them repealing it themselves, nah - take it to the courts.

>>>>

Marriage is a state issue according to our constitution - as is abortion and welfare and most issues the feds have stuck their nose into.

Why is it that bigots invariably try to equate homosexuality with bestiality and/or incest and/or pedophilia, EVERY TIME!?

Scare tactics because they are losing the discussion as it pertains to same-sex couples.

>>>>

In the end....Gays want to be able to say "This is my husband" or "This is my wife"

Just like straights can

So, it is about pushing a social, not a legal agenda.

You have to win the legal battle first

Socially, gays have no ability to force you to accept who their chosen husband or wife is
Legally....they can

Last edited:
[

So you are fine with Congress exceeding their enumerated powers to pass DOMA in the first place and instead of them repealing it themselves, nah - take it to the courts.

>>>>

Marriage is a state issue according to our constitution - as is abortion and welfare and most issues the feds have stuck their nose into.

So you call for the repeal of DOMA (section 3) and for the Federal government to immediately recognize all legal Civil Marriages entered into under State law?

BTW - According to the Constitution it is unconstitutional for State to deprive the privileges and immunities associated with being a citizen of that state and are required to due process and equal treatment under the law.

>>>>

Classic slippery slope fallacy.

You cannot use a harmless activity as justification for legalizing a harmful one. Gay marriage is harmless. Pedophilia is not.

What is wrong with incest if it is two consenting adults?

Pedophilia is strictly a power trip.

I appreciate the legal, but the legal can be solved with a civil union.

Forcing people to accept a social agenda is entirely different.

Nobody can force you to accept a social agenda.....only a legal one

If you personally choose not to accept a gay couple as married...you don't have to
But legally, in official matters...you do

Last edited:

I appreciate the legal, but the legal can be solved with a civil union.

Forcing people to accept a social agenda is entirely different.

Not exactly. In reality, all straight marriages are nothing more than civil unions, as a matter of law.

Socially, or religiously, we have people holding themselves out as "married" when a church won't sanction it. (eg, RC divorce, Orthodox Jews and interfaith marriage). We have RC folks who divorce and then get back together, but don't remarry civilly, yet hold themselves out to be married.

No one can force a social agenda, but when societal norms make no sense, and actually encourage legal discrimination, they can be shown to be more outliers and eventually become "non" norms.

Those conservatives like Goldwater made that argument in opposing forcing private business from being coerced by civil rights laws.

Actually, there is no such thing as ‘gay rights,’ homosexuals have the same rights as everyone else – no more, no less.

The problem is the ignorant and hateful social right and reactionary conservatives who seek to deny homosexuals their civil rights.
Odd then that California, a decidedly liberal state voted down the homosexual initiative for what you term "civil rights".

After all, only conservatives can ignorant and hateful. Go figure.

"Spearheaded" by the homophobic black church, in California. The "black church", is as hypocritical as any evangelicals or the moral majority/Christian Right.

oh give me a fucking break.....since when do "liberals" listen to what a Religion tells them?........they also said the Mormon church convinced everyone.....if this is true the Religious Right must have more power than anyone out there....the Liberals just don't want to admit that a HELL OF A LOT of them.....just cant condone gay marriage yet....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back