Beau Biden Has Died

Just to add a few things:

Biden took the Amtrak every single night from Washington to Delaware, to be with his boys.

Biden has had a standing rule throughout his 40+ years in Washington: No matter what he was doing, or who he was speaking with, if one of his boys called he was to be interrupted immediately.

That's devotion.
So fucking what? The life-long drunk was a 'family man'? So fucking what? He also could never resist putting his hands on other men's wives. He's very lucky some husband didn't kick his head in. VERY LUCKY!
Anyway. He'll be dead some day and his memory will fade away faster than a fart in the wind.

The faux outrage over a few snarky comments is duly noted. The truth is nobody really gives a fuck about Joe Biden and his family except the people that are very close to him. Amongst the USMB population that amounts to ZERO people. Most folks just feel compelled to be polite. Good for them, but I don't feel that way.

We've all experienced grief and loss. Biden's pain is no worse than the pain I've had in my life or the pain you've had in yours. .I find humor to be an excellent anodyne.

So here's a great big FUCK YOU to everyone who can't take a joke.

:thup:
#1 - it's not 'faux'.

#2 - why do you think this is the appropriate time, and thread, to joke about this?

#3 - many people care about Joe Biden and his family. I supported him in 1988 and 2008, and think he's one of the best people in Washington. There is no one more genuine than Joe Biden in politics.

I'm very surprised at your posts in this thread. While I've always known you are just a money-oriented self-interested person, I also thought you had a bit of decency, but apparently not.
1) Yet it is. You don't know him personally. you don't live in Delaware. you're only vaguely aware of him or his family.
2) Humor is always appropriate, especially after a death
3) Good for you. You are entitled to your opinion. I think he's a dullard.

Now, what part of my post if so offensive? Joking that Slow Joe might announce his candidacy at the funeral? that rises to the level of "no decency"? Have you heard some of the things this idiot has said?

:rofl:

:dig:

The faux outrage over a few snarky comments is duly noted. The truth is nobody really gives a fuck about Joe Biden and his family except the people that are very close to him. Amongst the USMB population that amounts to ZERO people. Most folks just feel compelled to be polite. Good for them, but I don't feel that way.

We've all experienced grief and loss. Biden's pain is no worse than the pain I've had in my life or the pain you've had in yours. .I find humor to be an excellent anodyne.

So here's a great big FUCK YOU to everyone who can't take a joke.

:thup:

You're a low-life piece of shit. Fuck off.

Tissue?

Douchebag?

My condolences to the Biden family in their time of loss.

I might not have known any of them personally but I can relate to what it means to lose a loved one.

Time makes it bearable but you never forget them.

As far as those who have no class goes my recommendation to anyone starting a tribute thread is to always do it in the Lounge area. That way the inappropriate comments can be removed by the mods.

RIP Beau

Biden took the Amtrak every single night from Washington to Delaware, to be with his boys.

Biden has had a standing rule throughout his 40+ years in Washington: No matter what he was doing, or who he was speaking with, if one of his boys called he was to be interrupted immediately.

That's devotion.

That's a father. Four hours everyday so he could be there when they went to sleep and when they woke up.

That's devotion.
So fucking what? The life-long drunk was a 'family man'? So fucking what? He also could never resist putting his hands on other men's wives. He's very lucky some husband didn't kick his head in. VERY LUCKY!
Anyway. He'll be dead some day and his memory will fade away faster than a fart in the wind.

Holy toledo! Where on earth did you dig up this garbage about Joe Biden?

No no no no no. I didn't think anyone could shock me anymore but you just did.

Biden is one of the few Democrats left that I admire from the old days. I bet good money I could walk up to him say "hey buddy, don't agree with your politics but glad you're out there fighting for your side" and he would tell me "let's have a beer and discuss why you didn't vote for me".

:lol:

He's that kind of guy. Man is a gem. I don't understand the hate on for him.

That's devotion.

NO. That is a lie. A bald-faced RWNJ lie.

Biden is one of the few Democrats left that I admire from the old days. I bet good money I could walk up to him say "hey buddy, don't agree with your politics but glad you're out there fighting for your side" and he would tell me "let's have a beer and discuss why you didn't vote for me".

Did you see this tribute from Joe Scarborough, TD? It's definitely worth seeing:

Joe: VP Biden lost the North Star in his life http://on.msnbc.com/1FOEwuF via @morning_joe

Did you see this tribute from Joe Scarborough, TD? It's definitely worth seeing:

Joe: VP Biden lost the North Star in his life http://on.msnbc.com/1FOEwuF via @morning_joe

I can't see it. But I understand the North Star very well. It is the one that younger souls will remember from the Patriot.

I know that star very well you see in my own life. It is the one star that never moves. It stays with my heart. Forever. my Father, my Mother, my Baba, My Gido, my Pa, my Grandmother, my Jim Dandy, ruby starr, my dusty roads, my american bad ass, my Ripley, my Nitro, my Pyewacket 20 years, my Hershey, my C82, my Savannah, my Elvis my most special Billy Ray Cyrus best canary EVAH!, all my puppies all my loves. stoned out on NyQuil so I hope I didn't leave anyone out. :lol:

I hope Joe understands that North Star will stay with him. Oh heavens my heart hurts for him. I can't imagine his pain.

Some other things about Beau Biden.

He could have easily won his father's Senate seat in 2010, but didn't want to appear to be riding his father's coattails. How many sons of the powerful do THAT?

Another reason he didn't run was because he was in the middle of prosecuting one of the worst pedophiles who had ever been caught, and didn't want to jeopardize the case.

He - as Attorney General - recovered over $200 Million from the big banks for foreclosure victims in Delaware.

From theatlantic.com:

Three years earlier, Beau also turned down an offer by Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner in 2005 to be appointed state attorney general, preferring instead to win the job by election in 2006. “[Beau] thought that he, probably more than others, needed to earn it,” his brother Hunter Biden toldNational Journal last year. When his father resigned from the Senate to take the vice presidency in 2008, Beau also turned down the opportunity to be appointed his replacement in a seat he had not won for himself.

From thedailybeast.com:

What makes the loss even more tragic was that this young man—the father of two children—was so accomplished at such a young age. He did not simply coast off his father’s accomplishments, but sought success in his own right, serving as a major in the Judge Advocate General Corps, working to bring rule of law to war-torn Kosovo and spending a year in Iraq, all while winning elected office as Delaware’s attorney general at age 37.

From time.com:

One example of his leadership stands out in my mind. We were prosecuting Earl Bradley, a pediatrician who had been charged with molesting and raping children in Lewes, Delaware, in early 2010. Beau wanted to make sure that we kept the needs of the victims in mind and that they had the least amount of stress. We read every single file and reached out to every single patient.

He set a community meeting for Jan. 12. It ended up being the same day as his grandmother’s funeral. She was the center of the Biden family and had helped raise Beau after his mother and younger sister died in 1972 when he was 3 years old. He was grief-stricken by the loss of his grandmother, but he came down to Lewes and stood in front of an auditorium of angry parents. He calmly listened to people, made a plan, and got them the help they needed.

I can't see it. But I understand the North Star very well. It is the one that younger souls will remember from the Patriot.

I know that star very well you see in my own life. It is the one star that never moves. It stays with my heart. Forever. my Father, my Mother, my Baba, My Gido, my Pa, my Grandmother, my Jim Dandy, ruby starr, my dusty roads, my american bad ass, my Ripley, my Nitro, my Pyewacket 20 years, my Hershey, my C82, my Savannah, my Elvis my most special Billy Ray Cyrus best canary EVAH!, all my puppies all my loves. stoned out on NyQuil so I hope I didn't leave anyone out. :lol:

I hope Joe understands that North Star will stay with him. Oh heavens my heart hurts for him. I can't imagine his pain.
Here it is, TD:

Beau Biden dies of brain cancer and his father doesn't. Makes sense, cancer has to have something to feed on.

That being said, my now deceased great aunt once told us she had a discussion with her cancer one night. She told it, "ok look, I'm worth more to you alive than dead, can't we work something out?"

I still chuckle about that.

Forum List

Back