🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Been watching the History Channel special on the Bible

Roudy

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2012
One of the best series produced by the History Channel, is their Bible series where they bring to life different sections of the Bible. It's interesting how there is absolutely no mention of "Palestine" or "Palestinians" at all. We are on King David's capture of Jerusalem, and no mythical Palestine yet.

I'll report back as the story evolves, if I hear the word Palestine being mentioned.

Last edited:
Was that before David gathered his troops and then killed 20,000 of Absalom’s Israelite soldiers

One of the best series produced by the History Chanel, is their Bible series where they bring to life different sections of the Bible. It's interesting how there is absolutely no mention of "Palestine" or "Palestinians" at all. We are on King David's capture of Jerusalem, and no mythical Palestine yet.

I'll report back as the story evolves, if I hear the word Palestine being mentioned.

Let us know what happens around 135 CE, okay?

Let us know also what the bible says about a guy named Hadrian, and the town that changed its name from Jerusalem to Aelia Capitolina, and the land formerly called Judea which as renamed Syria Palestina.

I'll be interested what History Channels story of the Bible tells you about that.

Oh wait...the Bible doesn't cover recent history (meaning post Iron age) does it?

What a shame.:(

Still haven't heard the word Palestine being mentioned. There will be another installment today and I will be sure to let you now if I hear anything. Soon they move into the New Testament.

If anybody is watching this fascinating series and hears anything about a Palestine in the Bible, please let us know.

One of the best series produced by the History Chanel, is their Bible series where they bring to life different sections of the Bible. It's interesting how there is absolutely no mention of "Palestine" or "Palestinians" at all. We are on King David's capture of Jerusalem, and no mythical Palestine yet.

Let us know what happens around 135 CE, okay?

Let us know also what the bible says about a guy named Hadrian, and the town that changed its name from Jerusalem to Aelia Capitolina, and the land formerly called Judea which as renamed Syria Palestina.

I'll be interested what History Channels story of the Bible tells you about that.

Oh wait...the Bible doesn't cover recent history (meaning post Iron age) does it?

What a shame.:(
Don't sweat it. Apparently Palestine isn't even mentioned in the Koran either. What's that, around 700 AD, right?

I wonder why.

Last edited:
Was that before David gathered his troops and then killed 20,000 of Absalom’s Israelite soldiers

Israelite=Israeli, same thing.

Why did David kill 20,000 Israelite's, was he not one of that tribe?
Hey Jos I can't wait for them to make one about the Koran, where your illiterate terrorist prophet runs around looting Caravans, raping women, invading lands, terrorizing and massacring in the name of his moon god "Allah", marrying 8 year olds, and of course shoving "Islam" down people's throats at the tip of a sword.

Should be an epic.

You know Roudy, one of my all time favorite movie quotes, is The Usual Suspects' Verbal Kint at his investigation- "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist".

Well, way I see it, the greatest trick the Arabs ever pulled was convincing the world Palestine did exist, as a modern way to fight the Jews.

You know Roudy, one of my all time favorite movie quotes, is The Usual Suspects' Verbal Kint at his investigation- "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist".

Well, way I see it, the greatest trick the Arabs ever pulled was convincing the world Palestine did exist, as a modern way to fight the Jews.
By the Arabs' own admission, Palestine is a hoax. Probably the greatest that has ever been pulled on mankind. I have posted several quotes including from so called Palestinian Arab leaders saying exactly that.

Perhaps you should have listened more closely?

"Joel 3:1-4 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land. And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink. Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompense? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompense upon your own head."

Last edited:
One of the best series produced by the History Channel, is their Bible series where they bring to life different sections of the Bible. It's interesting how there is absolutely no mention of "Palestine" or "Palestinians" at all. We are on King David's capture of Jerusalem, and no mythical Palestine yet.

That doesn't belong on the history channel other the the story of mythology , should have put it on the syfy channel

I was hoping for a history of the Bible, but no, it's a depiction of the Biblical stories.
Interesting though to see how the mind of superstitious primitives worked and what they though.:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

"Joel 3:1-4 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land. And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink. Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompense? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompense upon your own head."

It's Joel Chapter 4. My Bible says Philistia, not Palestine.

Last edited:
The people shall hear, and be afraid;
sorrow shall take hold of the inhabitants of Palestina. (Exod 15:14)
Yes, the Philistine inhabitants of Palestina, were defeated by the Israelites. Philistines are not Arabs.

It's Joel Chapter 4. My Bible says Philistia, not Palestine.
Ha ha ha. He's up to his old tricks making the European Philistines look like Arabs.

That doesn't belong on the history channel other the the story of mythology , should have put it on the syfy channel

I was hoping for a history of the Bible, but no, it's a depiction of the Biblical stories.
Interesting though to see how the mind of superstitious primitives worked and what they though.:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:
Yeah well. That's another discussion.

David the King of Philistia? I don't think that's what I heard. LOL

Forum List

Back