Zone1 Beggars at the Intersection: How do you feel about them? What do you do?

Are you telling me there was no beggars during the time of Jesus Christ?
At the time of Jesus, beggars were actually begging for money for food. Not meth or Mad Dog.
Also, there wasn't the big welfare state then.
Beggars were more likely to be in real need.

Not everyone is as offended by discussions of religion as you apparently are.

In fact, standing on street corners preaching was the way a lot of religious movements started, and its been a tradition in America even back when we was ruled by colonialists from Britain in the 18th Century.
So was begging

Most people prefer the panhandler to the corner preacher threatening you with Hell

Leftwingers are more likely to give money to a panhandler enabling his addiction, then announcing how generous they are in comparison to selfish conservatives. Conservatives, on the other hand, don't say much, but look for real ways to help these people. Not by throwing money at them.

Last edited:
At the time of Jesus, beggars were actually begging for money for food. Not meth or Mad Dog.
Also, there wasn't the big welfare state then.
Beggars were more likely to be in real need.
So you are just another fake Christian who can't follow the teachings of Jesus to know how to handle a panhandler...It is very apparant.

Leftwingers are more likely to give money to a panhandler, then announce how generous they are in comparison to selfish conservatives. Conservatives, on the other hand, don't say much, but look for real ways to help these people. Not by throwing money at them
You speak generally about a specific condition.

Leftwingers are more likely to give money to a panhandler, then announce how generous they are in comparison to selfish conservatives. Conservatives, on the other hand, don't say much, but look for real ways to help these people. Not by throwing money at them

In many abortion threads, I note that one way to curtail abortions is to address many of the reasons women have abortions. That we need to make sure all have health care. Access to affordable day care. etc etc etc.

I generally get called names by the right for doing that.

Jesus, abortion, Rome?

Whatever.

A freeway ramp beggar in modern America isn't getting a damn cent from me and I won't lose a wink of sleep over it.

You lose all rights and work for no pay in prisons and jails.

Actually, prisoners get paid for their work in the joint. That's how many get money for commissary items like snacks and hygiene.

Work is actually a privilege in prison, if you fuck up you go to the hole where there is no work.

In many abortion threads, I note that one way to curtail abortions is to address many of the reasons women have abortions. That we need to make sure all have health care. Access to affordable day care. etc etc etc.

Uh huh.... and that is the exact attitude that lead to the crushing demise of the black population.
Social programs and shit have a lot in common. The more shit you provide - the more flies you attract.
Pretty soon you build an entire population of flies that can only exist because of the free shit you are giving them.

Give someone a dollar, and they will appreciate it.
Give it to them again, and they will expect it again.
Give it to them again, and they will demand it as if they earned it.

This is an inarguable pattern found throughout history. It is just basic human psychology.

The reason you get blowback is because all your 'solutions' involve massive government spending. You people aren't interested in real solutions, such as Christian moral education from an early age to encourage marriage and commitment before sex. You want no emphasis on personal responsibility or morality.

The 14th Amendment allows it.
Well you are entertaining, I will give you that.
It would be good if you would open up a thread here entitled "How to be a better troll".
We got a lot of amateur trolls here that are simply no good at it at all. Boring.
It would be refreshing if we had more of your level of trolling, at least be entertained while being trolled.

So you are just another fake Christian who can't follow the teachings of Jesus to know how to handle a panhandler...It is very apparant.
Again today's panhandlers aren't the same as beggars in Jesus' day. Didn't I just say that?

Forum List

Back