Belarus sends in Troops....but why?

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
What is going on in Ukraine that would make two of its neighbors massively uncomfortable? I don't buy the rhetoric that Belarus is a de facto satellite of Moscow. But what I do buy is that both Belarus and Moscow agree that NATO is up to no good in Ukraine and neither one of them want lethal weaponry located in that geography pointed at them. This does not make me a Putin sympathizer..... But certainly those will be the first words out of propagandists mouths...... However at this point any intelligent person would have to ask the same question. It's too easy to dismiss it as Putin's insane dream to rebuild the USSR.......There has to be something more to this than just naked aggression.

jo

Last edited:
It has roughly the same amount of Independence that Ukraine does or had. There has to be more to this than simply just aggression from the north. Why hasn't Zelensky done The Honorable thing? Sue for peace... spare the country the Carnage and work through the European court systems? He really expects all of his people to go down fighting for some cause that may not even be worthwhile? No... There's more to this than meets the eye. There was never any need for invasion.... Putin was up there on the border for 2 months waiting for a decent response from them and all he got was the middle finger. This is a NATO proxy war and Belarus knows it in my opinion.

Belarus was jealous that you guys were only supporting Russia and wanted some of the support.
There's no way a national head of state is going to commit his country to something like this without a damn good reason regardless of who Putin is.
We are being kept in the dark about something. By the way I hate what is happening.... I also hate the fact that the Ukrainian leadership chose the cowardly way out. Yes that's right I'm saying his choice to commit his country to war was cowardly. Why would anyone do such a thing when there were alternatives available?

No

Last edited:
What is going on in Ukraine that would make two of its neighbors massively uncomfortable? I don't buy the rhetoric that Belarus is a de facto satellite of Moscow. But I do buy is that both Belarus and Moscow agree that NATO is up to no good in Ukraine and neither one of them want lethal weaponry located in that geography pointed at them. This does not make me a Putin sympathizer..... So certainly those will be the first words out of propagandists mouths...... But at this point any intelligent person would have to ask the question. It's too easy to dismiss it as Putin's insane dream to rebuild the USSR.......There has to be something more to this than just naked aggression.

jo
I'm very impressed with your understanding of the situation JO.

I'm trying to get some others involved in a discussion too but they're at the nervous stage of trying to turn the whole thing into a laughing matter.

What could the comedians say right now that would make some sense?

It has roughly the same amount of Independence that Ukraine does or had. There has to be more to this than simply just aggression from the north. Why hasn't Zelensky done The Honorable thing? Sue for peace... spare the country the Carnage and work through the European court systems?
It could be that Zelensky isn't allowed to make the decisions for his country?

It could be that Zelensky has always been a part of a bigger plan that is only intent on using the Ukraine as a pawn in the America/Russia war.

It has roughly the same amount of Independence that Ukraine does or had. There has to be more to this than simply just aggression from the north. Why hasn't Zelensky done The Honorable thing? Sue for peace... spare the country the Carnage and work through the European court systems? He really expects all of his people to go down fighting for some cause that may not even be worthwhile? No... There's more to this than meets the eye. There was never any need for invasion.... Putin was up there on the border for 2 months waiting for a decent response from them and all he got was the middle finger. This is a NATO proxy war and Belarus knows it in my opinion.
Putin's been doing shit like this for years, invading former soviet countries and controlling puppet governments. He overreached on this one and now Russia is fucked. The best hope for the Russian people is that one of them puts a bullet in Putin's head and ends this.

There's no way a national head of state is going to commit his country to something like this without a damn good reason regardless of who Putin is.
We are being kept in the dark about something. By the way I hate what is happening.... I also hate the fact that the Ukrainian leadership chose the cowardly way out. Yes that's right I'm saying his choice to commit his country to war was cowardly. Why would anyone do such a thing when there were alternatives available?

No
Does calling it a Russia/US war shed any light on the darkness?

I'm very impressed with your understanding of the situation JO.

I'm trying to get some others involved in a discussion too but they're at the nervous stage of trying to turn the whole thing into a laughing matter.

What could the comedians say right now that would make some sense?
I am heartbroken beyond words for the people of Ukraine. This is all so horrible. What in the hell is going on?.... What has the UN and NATO been up to behind our backs that caused such a violent reaction? Why would Zelensky choose war for his people when he could easily have worked through the Russian and European courts? Oh my God.... Those poor people!

Jo

Putin's been doing shit like this for years, invading former soviet countries and controlling puppet governments.
You have the right US/Nato talking points.

But you should have stopped with that because the rest detracts from your credibility.

Let's try to keep this thread for the grownups only.

I am heartbroken beyond words for the people of Ukraine. This is all so horrible. What in the hell is going on?.... What has the UN and NATO been up to behind our backs that caused such a violent reaction? Why would Zelensky choose war for his people when he could easily have worked through the Russian and European courts? Oh my God.... Those poor people!

Jo
You mentioned the UN. Are you seeing some way the General Assembly could be an influence? Or was that a typo?

Putin's been doing shit like this for years, invading former soviet countries and controlling puppet governments. He overreached on this one and now Russia is fucked. The best hope for the Russian people is that one of them puts a bullet in Putin's head and ends this.
No way..... There is no way that it's that simple. You're choosing to be blind to reality. Regardless of what Putin is you're choosing to be obtuse about the obvious provocations on the other side.
If you know the Bull is mad.... And you taunt him into trampling over somebody... You are also at fault.

Jo

Last edited:
What is going on in Ukraine that would make two of its neighbors massively uncomfortable? I don't buy the rhetoric that Belarus is a de facto satellite of Moscow. But what I do buy is that both Belarus and Moscow agree that NATO is up to no good in Ukraine and neither one of them want lethal weaponry located in that geography pointed at them. This does not make me a Putin sympathizer..... But certainly those will be the first words out of propagandists mouths...... However at this point any intelligent person would have to ask the same question. It's too easy to dismiss it as Putin's insane dream to rebuild the USSR.......There has to be something more to this than just naked aggression.

jo
Belarus is indeed a puppet of Russia. That's the way they want it

You have the right US/Nato talking points.

But you should have stopped with that because the rest detracts from your credibility.

Let's try to keep this thread for the grownups only.
A tip for you, toilet paper is now cheaper than the Ruble in your country. So you can protect your wealth by wiping your ass with rubles. Good luck to you, "grown up" :lmao:

You mentioned the UN. Are you seeing some way the General Assembly could be an influence? Or was that a typo?
Not a Typo....
We are all familiar with the stories of corruption and money mismanagement at the UN. New to this game or at least more recent NATO itself has become a corrupt organization with business needs much like a corporate structure. War is good for them war is also good for the UN.

Jo

If That's the case then a war crimes tribunal better pull in some US officials too!
I don't see any possibility of that JO.
War crimes tribunals can only punish the losing side.

With a US/Russia war there is no losing side, there's only two winning side.

Or vice versa depending on your POV?

A tip for you, toilet paper is now cheaper than the Ruble in your country. So you can protect your wealth by wiping your ass with rubles. Good luck to you, "grown up" :lmao:
You're guaging all of your money observations on the dollar system which China and Russia are in the process of abandoning.

Forum List

Back