Believe and be saved

stop twisting the clear cut text by James, it won't work.

He states several times - faith without works IS dead. and it is. It needs works to lead you to salvation.

James is talking exactly about the issue if faith alone is sufficient for salvation. and explaining that it is NOT. clear and simple.

even with sarcasm that demons are also believers :lol: I bet they are - are they being saved by their faith ?

Jesus didn't die for demons. Jesus died for me.

and He said that you MUST have good works to be judged righteous on the Last Judgement.

Faith alone is not sufficient for salvation.

as a matter of fact He never even mentioned faith - just WORKS ONLY when He describes how is He going to be judging us.

I trust HIM, not you.

Then you came with the wrong wedding garment.

Jesus didn't die for demons. Jesus died for me.

and He said that you MUST have good works to be judged righteous on the Last Judgement.

as a matter of fact He never even mentioned faith - just WORKS ONLY when He describes how is He going to be judging us.

I trust HIM, not you.

my garments are all just fine.

you worry about yours, Chuck as you directly contradict Our Lord Jesus Christ and HIS exact words what His Judgement is going to based on.

It is a classic example of extreme pride on your part - you deem your understanding to be superior to what God Himself told us all what HE is going to base the judgement on.
You should be worried. Very worried. Like a pharisee.

I trust HIM, not you.

you worry about yours, Chuck as you directly contradict Our Lord Jesus Christ and HIS exact words what His Judgement is going to based on.

It is a classic example of extreme pride on your part - you deem your understanding to be superior to what God Himself told us all what HE is going to base the judgement on.

Vox,

You use only a subset of the Bible. You ignore verses like John 3:16, John 5:24 (Jesus Himself), Ephesians 2:8-9 and you do so because they would contradict you.

Chuck

All God asks is that you believe in Jesus Christ and be saved. All one need do is pray to God for guidance.

Nowhere in the prophecies does it say that God asks us to believe in Jesus Christ and be saved.

In fact, all God asked His people to do during this first age was to obey His commandments but so far, only us saints can obey His commandments. Once we obeyed all His commandments, God gave us the knowledge to know who we are within His mind and let us know about the past, present and future. Now we know that ALL God's people are saved from their wicked flesh that deceived them from their true created existence in the mind of our Creator.

Vox,

You use only a subset of the Bible. You ignore verses like John 3:16, John 5:24 (Jesus Himself), Ephesians 2:8-9 and you do so because they would contradict you.

Chuck

Because the subject of HIS direct and very clear words supersedes your INTERPRETATION
John 3:16 and John 5:24 DO NOT prove your INTERPRETATION to be true as you cut off the phrase out of context and even cut off it does not prove your point as it is not even addressing your mistake.
Ephesians is talking about redemption, which is universal not salvation. You understand this, don't you? Read the whole Ephesians 2 and not cut the phrase that suits your interpretation out of context. And by context it is clear that he is talking about Christ's Redemption of our sins, not our individual salvation.

Plus those are the words of the Apostle, who is human and if they contradict the words of Our Lord - I will go with Our Lord's words. And His were clear - by our works is He going to judge us.

In order to achieve personal salvation faith is not sufficient and works are needed. Period.
That is the Word of the Lord.

and all you do is contradicting Our Lord. Not me. You are contradicting HIM.

as I said - you pride is enormous as you consider that your INTERPRETATION of few verses supersedes the word of OUR LORD HIMSELF

Last edited:

Vox,

Chuck

Because the subject of HIS direct and very clear words supersedes your INTERPRETATION
John 3:16 and John 5:24 DO NOT prove your INTERPRETATION to be true.
Ephesians is talking about redemption, which is universal not salvation. You understand this, don't you? Read the whole Ephesians 2 and not cut the phrase that suits your interpretation out of context. And by context it is clear that he is talking about Christ's Redemption of our sins, not our individual salvation.

Plus those are the words of the Apostle, who is human and if they contradict the words of Our Lord - I will go with Our Lord's words. And his were clear - by our works is He going to judge us.

In order to achieve personal salvation faith is not sufficient and works are needed. Period.

as I said - you pride is enormous as you consider that your INTERPRETATION of few verses supersedes the word of OUR LORD HIMSELF

Vox,

There are plenty of people that disagree with you. For example:

John 5:24 ¶ Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

If I believe like John 5:24 says and don't have works, it says that I have everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation. That disagrees with all of your interpretations. It doesn't say, "might have" or "could have". It says "hath" everlasting life.

Your interpretation is contradicting the Lord Jesus Christ. You can pick and choose your proof texts but the fact is that I studied them over and over again. I choose not to reveal everything that I know about them. And by the way, you can't see the forest from the trees.

Chuck

Vox,

Chuck

John 3:16 and John 5:24 DO NOT prove your INTERPRETATION to be true.

Plus those are the words of the Apostle, who is human and if they contradict the words of Our Lord - I will go with Our Lord's words. And his were clear - by our works is He going to judge us.

Vox,

There are plenty of people that disagree with you. For example:

John 5:24 ¶ Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

If I believe like John 5:24 says and don't have works, it says that I have everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation. That disagrees with all of your interpretations. It doesn't say, "might have" or "could have". It says "hath" everlasting life.

Your interpretation is contradicting the Lord Jesus Christ. You can pick and choose your proof texts but the fact is that I studied them over and over again. I choose not to reveal everything that I know about them. And by the way, you can't see the forest from the trees.

Chuck

Chuck, stop cutting off phrases out of the context. NEITHER of those has anything to do with your assumption that we are saved by faith only.

you are twisting and cutting and interpreting
what John meant" instead of simply taking his words at what they meant in the context of the whole paragraph - which the paragraph about the authority of the Son and His role in the whole plan of REDEMPTION of our sins. By HIM we are offered the possibility of individual salvation, but nowhere is it even hinted that our individual salvation is achieved by faith only.

Plus you evade as much as possible, but can not deny that Our Lord clearly and explicitly indicated that HE is going to be judging us on WORKS ONLY :D

and it your interpretation which contradicts Jesus Christ - and His direct words about what HE is going to base HIS Judgement on.
there is not even any mentioning of the faith - just works.

there is no way you can supersede those words by ANYTHING .
so stop contradicting Our Lord and start working on your individual salvation.

Last edited:
It is me who is sorry - for YOU.

you have your free will and your pride to consider your interpretations to supersede the Words of God.

you have your free will and your pride to consider your interpretations to supersede the Words of God.

And you are being self righteous and ignorant because that is what you are taught, you don't wish to challenge it and you don't wish to read the Bible on your own or think for yourself.
I can change your mind if you are willing to look but I don't feel like doing it on the internet.

What if God would say, "Well, I've given you many opportunities to get saved, and every time I do, you reject my Son as your Lord and Saviour, so I'm going to take you at your word? I'll withdraw my offer of eternal life for you in Heaven, and I'll let you drop into Hell with all of its torments. No, I won't bother you anymore." What then, my friend? What then?

And you are being self righteous and ignorant because that is what you are taught, you don't wish to challenge it and you don't wish to read the Bible on your own or think for yourself.
I can change your mind if you are willing to look but I don't feel like doing it on the internet.

you are being defiant to the words of Our Lord where He repeatedly tells us how He is going to Judge us - on works only.

carry on with your pride. or rethink it. it was pride which tempted the Angels.

What if God would say, "Well, I've given you many opportunities to get saved, and every time I do, you reject my Son as your Lord and Saviour, so I'm going to take you at your word? I'll withdraw my offer of eternal life for you in Heaven, and I'll let you drop into Hell with all of its torments. No, I won't bother you anymore." What then, my friend? What then?

So your god gives up on people? Then tosses them in the fire? :eek:

in theory.....but that's all!

YES! You can cross a line and reject God's love one too many times,your heart becomes to bitter and you then cannot bring yourself to confess and repent of sin and you have doomed yourself!!!!all your choice!

YES! You can cross a line and reject God's love one too many times,your heart becomes to bitter and you then cannot bring yourself to confess and repent of sin and you have doomed yourself!!!!all your choice!

I told god that when I die, just consider me repented 1 second before death. He didn't object.:cool:

you are being defiant to the words of Our Lord where He repeatedly tells us how He is going to Judge us - on works only.

carry on with your pride. or rethink it. it was pride which tempted the Angels.

Everyone worked except Mary (Luke 10:39-42) and she wasn't judged.

Luke 10:39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.

Luke 10:40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.

Luke 10:41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

Luke 10:42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Forum List

Back