Ben Carson on White House: ‘I am starting to think about it’

Vouchers & charter schools empower the parents & the children. That's why liberals oppose it. They want to empower the unions regardless of the cost to the child or his/her future. Keep them kids trapped in the system, feed them & have their vote for life rather than giving them the chance to break free of the cycle

Nonsense.

Voucher programs and charter schools are a partisan contrivance of the right intended to undermine the quality of education in public schools.

Liberals correctly oppose charter schools because they're a waste of taxpayers' money, where that money could be better spent on improving public schools for all students.

Indeed, charter schools have failed to realize their promise of improving education standards:

The Center for Research on Education Outcomes (CREDO) at Stanford University found in a 2009 report that 17% of charter schools outperformed their public school equivalents, while 37% of charter schools performed worse than regular local schools, and the rest were about the same. A 2010 study by Mathematica Policy Research found that, on average, charter middle schools that held lotteries were neither more nor less successful than regular middle schools in improving student achievement, behavior, or school progress. Among the charter schools considered in the study, more had statistically significant negative effects on student achievement than statistically significant positive effects. These findings are echoed in a number of other studies.

Education Justice News - Charter School Achievement: Hype vs. Evidence

The most important thing we can do to improve students' performance is to get politics out of education.

If you need it explained to you you're either too stupid to understand or just a hack trying to divert the discussion so you don't have to admit the failures of YOUR OWN PARTY.

At the very best, vouchers are a bandaid offering opportunities for some inner city kids to move to better schools

What about the rest? If I give tens of thousands of vouchers to inner city kids, where are you going to find the vacancies in Private Schools?

Vouchers are a conservative scam to allow white kids to get out of predominantly minority schools and allow the religious right a chance to have their private school education paid by the taxpayer

LOLOLOLOL @ your edited addition to your post.

I think your tinfoil hat may be on a bit too tight lmao

You have failed to explain how vouchers solve anything

There is not excess capacity in private schools to handle the numbers of students eligible for vouchers

If a thousand black and Hispanic kids show up at the local prep school waiving vouchers......how many will you take? Two?

Vouchers & charter schools empower the parents & the children. That's why liberals oppose it. They want to empower the unions regardless of the cost to the child or his/her future. Keep them kids trapped in the system, feed them & have their vote for life rather than giving them the chance to break free of the cycle

Explain how vouchers are a solution

How does offering vouchers to tens of thousands of inner city children solve anything? Who is going to take them?

It's a start, liberals say republicans have no ideas, well here is one we have been trying to get done for years, but democrats don't want to do it. Why? Because it will work and you will lose votes.

:wtf:

That's interesting. You know, it's just an idea, but if you are talking about schools and learning and if you really want to convince someone of your viewpoint, it might be helpful to spell the word "schools" correctly. Now, I am not the spelling and grammar police, and sometimes, no one gives a flying fuck, but really, if you are talking about the virtues of education and vouchers that should somehow improve that education, then correctly spelling key words related to that specific subject is probably a good idea. What do you think?

I think spell check failed to stop a wanna be English Professor from using the word "and" too often. Keep up the bad work..... :thup:

The use of "and" in the construction of those sentences is not only perfectly acceptable, it is also general practice.

Care to try again, or is whining all you have today?

It's repetitive, uncreative and elementary, especially for such an obvious English scholar as yourself. The only whining occurring here is your putrid defense. :crybaby:

This thread is evidence that Rightwinger has nothing but excuses. No desire to actually help just find excuses to stop anything that could work simply because it isn't founded by the left.

At the very best, vouchers are a bandaid offering opportunities for some inner city kids to move to better schools

What about the rest? If I give tens of thousands of vouchers to inner city kids, where are you going to find the vacancies in Private Schools?

Vouchers are a conservative scam to allow white kids to get out of predominantly minority schools and allow the religious right a chance to have their private school education paid by the taxpayer

There is not excess capacity in private schools to handle the numbers of students eligible for vouchers

If a thousand black and Hispanic kids show up at the local prep school waiving vouchers......how many will you take? Two?

You have to pass it to find out what's in it........ :thup:

You have to pass it to find out what's in it........ :thup:

Lol

This thread is evidence that Rightwinger has nothing but excuses. No desire to actually help just find excuses to stop anything that could work simply because it isn't founded by the left.

Rightwinger, along with many other liberals care much more about teachers unions and big government bureaucracy than they do about real education.......

Rightwinger, along with many other liberals care much more about teachers unions and big government bureaucracy than they do about real education.......

Amen to that

Explain how vouchers are a solution

How does offering vouchers to tens of thousands of inner city children solve anything? Who is going to take them?

If you need it explained to you you're either too stupid to understand or just a hack trying to divert the discussion so you don't have to admit the failures of YOUR OWN PARTY.

Bingo, there we have it. Religion, why is it your business where PARENTS send their kids to get educated? My tax dollars pay for abortions, and I'm told it's no of my business. So using liberal logic if a parent wants to send their kid to a Christian school using vouchers, then it's none of your business either. My tax dollars also send kids to liberal colleges that teach hate for America and religion. So maybe we do away with that too.

why do dems constantly bring up the skin color of someone? why do they constantly harp over whether someone is black or not?

why are dems so racist?

I guess republicans being 90% white never get around to bringing up skin color

Why would they

Bingo, there we have it. Religion, why is it your business where PARENTS send their kids to get educated? My tax dollars pay for abortions, and I'm told it's no of my business. So using liberal logic if a parent wants to send their kid to a Christian school using vouchers, then it's none of your business either. My tax dollars also send kids to liberal colleges that teach hate for America and religion. So maybe we do away with that too.

And there you have it

Conservatives do not want vouchers so they can help poor black kids struggling in substandard schools. They want vouchers so they can pay to send their kids to Christian Scgools

Was he elected? No?

When Republicans have only elected six blacks to higher office in th last 100 years it is obvious that Republicans will not support a black candidate

Care to discuss how the Republican Party is 90% white?

90 PERCENT

Care to discuss how democrats exploit the black vote? Its simply repulsive and appalling.

OK....Let's do it

Democrats get the black vote because the actually promote programs that have helped the black community. Social programs, affirmative action, jobs programs.
minority business incentives......all opposed by Republicans
What have the Republucans promoted that will help minority communities

Those programs were instituted in the 1960s as part of Lyndon Johnson's 200 Year Plan and since expanded. Check the results. Single mother family households have increased as has unemployment rates among black males. Without blaming Republicans, why don't you site the programs and results that have helped the black community.

Nonsense.

Voucher programs and charter schools are a partisan contrivance of the right intended to undermine the quality of education in public schools.

Liberals correctly oppose charter schools because they're a waste of taxpayers' money, where that money could be better spent on improving public schools for all students.

Indeed, charter schools have failed to realize their promise of improving education standards:

The Center for Research on Education Outcomes (CREDO) at Stanford University found in a 2009 report that 17% of charter schools outperformed their public school equivalents, while 37% of charter schools performed worse than regular local schools, and the rest were about the same. A 2010 study by Mathematica Policy Research found that, on average, charter middle schools that held lotteries were neither more nor less successful than regular middle schools in improving student achievement, behavior, or school progress. Among the charter schools considered in the study, more had statistically significant negative effects on student achievement than statistically significant positive effects. These findings are echoed in a number of other studies.

Education Justice News - Charter School Achievement: Hype vs. Evidence

The most important thing we can do to improve students' performance is to get politics out of education.

:thup:

Forum List

Back