🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson refers to slaves as "immigrants"

They were kidnapped persons held as slaves and treated as immigrants when the period of slavery was over.

Indentured servants came as indentured persons and treated as immigrants once the indenture was over.

Slaves brought over from Africa rarely ever saw an end to their slavery, and it only happened if they were really good and had a master who wasn't a total ass. 99 percent of the slaves who were brought here saw an "end " to their slavery when they died.

And yeah, there were people who were indentured servants, but they were agreeing to work if the people who wanted them to work paid their passage across the ocean.

I dont see anyone criticizing him for his skin color. I just said he was a uncle tom.

Which is an insult specific to skin color. C'mon.

Racists come in all colors and so do "uncle tom's".

It would be a horrifying thing for anyone to say, black, white or purple.

Bottom line is that he's completely out of touch with the real world.

I've never heard it used for anyone other than an insult for black people who don't act "black enough." That's my objection. That's all.
Act Black enough? No its for Black people that dance for white people in order to appease them. Doesnt matter how Black you act around other Black people.

Calling them "immigrants" is an abomination. To make it even worse, that asshole then said they earned less.

OMFG.

Every day, it piles higher and higher.
I guess he's thinking a rotten potato and left over animal meat is a form of payment, his ancestors received.....I just hope to God, this man never operates on anybody I know and that I never have to deal with HUD
You forgot to add a couple of ass beatings and watching their little girls get raped as a xmas bonus.

According to Carson, those weren't "beatings," they were "incentives to work."

They were kidnapped persons held as slaves and treated as immigrants when the period of slavery was over.

Indentured servants came as indentured persons and treated as immigrants once the indenture was over.

Slaves brought over from Africa rarely ever saw an end to their slavery, and it only happened if they were really good and had a master who wasn't a total ass. 99 percent of the slaves who were brought here saw an "end " to their slavery when they died.

And yeah, there were people who were indentured servants, but they were agreeing to work if the people who wanted them to work paid their passage across the ocean.
There were some whites who were indeed enslaved. Mostly white women.

It's a given that they were SLAVES. He said they were in a bottom of a slave ship. Perhaps Carson over estimated the intelligence of some people to understand him. Damn, I really liked Samuel L Jackson but now he's acting like a shill. Carson was trying to say something positive about Hope when coming out of a bad situation.
One would think that Liberals with all their hyperbole could understand this, but then they never were about to say anything about Ben Carson were they? That would require not stereotyping people. aka conservatives who happen to be black people.
???

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you to explain what you mean.

Every one knows Slaves were brought here against their will. Ben Carson was simply saying that even they had hope for their descendants. People are really taking him out of context here, in what he was trying to simply say something positive. This is purely partisan politics. The fact that he used the words immigrants, In my opinion, is not being used to fool any one. Carson has already been labled as an "uncle tom" so his speeches will never be well recieved, as proved in this thread

How much "hope" did the slaves who came here before 1862 have? I'll give you a hint, none, because they never expected to be able to go back home, and even after Lincoln freed the slaves, black people didn't have much hope then either, because they were still being treated like second class citizens. Nope, no matter what kind of merry go round you are going to put this on and spin it, there was nothing positive about the slave experience.

I'll spin it like this. Carson talks like he was trained to be a neuro-surgeon. Not a Politi-Speak person like most other politicians, who are fabulous actors and know how to jut out their chin and turn their head the right way just before the camera flash goes off. Like Trump, Carson is not a politician, he worked in an entirely different field. If someone would kindly like to correct mr Carson that he probably could have used a better word or phrase I would understand that, but the outrage is over blown. He was simply trying to give a positive speech to some HUD workers, not trying to change the world.
All people have hope for their kids. It's ingrained inside of human beings, hope is what keeps people alive when they have nothing else. It is a universal thing, but ok if you want to say slaves never had hope that fine, I just don't believe it.

It's a given that they were SLAVES. He said they were in a bottom of a slave ship. Perhaps Carson over estimated the intelligence of some people to understand him. Damn, I really liked Samuel L Jackson but now he's acting like a shill. Carson was trying to say something positive about Hope when coming out of a bad situation.
One would think that Liberals with all their hyperbole could understand this, but then they never were about to say anything about Ben Carson were they? That would require not stereotyping people. aka conservatives who happen to be black people.
???

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you to explain what you mean.

Every one knows Slaves were brought here against their will. Ben Carson was simply saying that even they had hope for their descendants. People are really taking him out of context here, in what he was trying to simply say something positive. This is purely partisan politics. The fact that he used the words immigrants, In my opinion, is not being used to fool any one. Carson has already been labled as an "uncle tom" so his speeches will never be well recieved, as proved in this thread

How much "hope" did the slaves who came here before 1862 have? I'll give you a hint, none, because they never expected to be able to go back home, and even after Lincoln freed the slaves, black people didn't have much hope then either, because they were still being treated like second class citizens. Nope, no matter what kind of merry go round you are going to put this on and spin it, there was nothing positive about the slave experience.

I'll spin it like this. Carson talks like he was trained to be a neuro-surgeon. Not a Politi-Speak person like most other politicians, who are fabulous actors and know how to jut out their chin and turn their head the right way just before the camera flash goes off. Like Trump, Carson is not a politician, he worked in an entirely different field. If someone would kindly like to correct mr Carson that he probably could have used a better word or phrase I would understand that, but the outrage is over blown. He was simply trying to give a positive speech to some HUD workers, not trying to change the world.
All people have hope for their kids. It's ingrained inside of human beings, hope is what keeps people alive when they have nothing else. It is a universal thing, but ok if you want to say slaves never had hope that fine, I just don't believe it.
The only hope they may have had for their kids is that they would be treated right and not sold off to another state. Or maybe they had hope their little girls were not raped or their little boys sodomized by a gang of drunk rednecks. It could be that they had hope they would get away and go north to Canada. None of these hopes were what was in their minds when they were abducted from Africa I can guarantee you that.

???

Equating slaves to immigrants is stupid no matter what your job is. Politician, doctor, dockworker, military person, doesn't matter who they are, if they say slaves were immigrants then they are idiots who don't understand the definition of either slavery or immigrant, because the two are not the same.

Calling slaves "immigrants" is a euphemism. There's a difference between those who chose to come here and those who were kidnapped and brought here. A vast difference.

ONe that Carson was not denying.
No one claimed he denied anything you dummy. Its just obvious he is an idiot for saying enlsaved people brought against their will to this country were immigrants.

A lot of European immigrants came here as "steerage", otherwise classified as "Third class passengers" by the steamship lines. The blacks came here as Fourth Class, otherwise know as "cargo". If, for some reason, they did not survive the trip, they were transferred to "Fifth Class", otherwise known as "flotsam and jetsam". Ben Carson is sort of confusing the terms, immigrant", and "cargo".

Calling slaves "immigrants" is a euphemism. There's a difference between those who chose to come here and those who were kidnapped and brought here. A vast difference.

No one claimed he denied anything you dummy. Its just obvious he is an idiot for saying enlsaved people brought against their will to this country were immigrants.

If he is not denying the difference, then you are just being upset for no reason.

Which is no surprise.

If he is not denying the difference, then you are just being upset for no reason.

Which is no surprise.
Just because I think Carson is an idiot and uncle tom doesnt mean I am upset. If he knows there is a difference then he is a retard like you for claiming they were immigrants.

I dont see anyone criticizing him for his skin color. I just said he was a uncle tom.

Which is an insult specific to skin color. C'mon.

Racists come in all colors and so do "uncle tom's".

It would be a horrifying thing for anyone to say, black, white or purple.

Bottom line is that he's completely out of touch with the real world.

I don't get the outrage over this. I can clearly see what he was trying to say.

Well white liberals know everything when it comes to race...they love their Mexican slaves...uh make that illegals

Of course there is a difference, which has nothing to do with the point in contention; imported slaves ARE immigrants. There is nothing about the word immigrant that requires the relocation to be voluntary.

slave - a person who was stolen to be owned by another person
Regardless what tricks or crimes the blacks in Africa used to enslave their fellow blacks, once they were sold to slave traders there was very little if any theft, regardless of the morality of slavery itself.

No one stole slaves from the African slave traders.

slave - a person who was stolen to be owned by another person
Regardless what tricks or crimes the blacks in Africa used to enslave their fellow blacks, once they were sold to slave traders there was very little if any theft, regardless of the morality of slavery itself.

No one stole slaves from the African slave traders.
You just couldn't wait to bring that old worn cliché up again could you. Yes, some Blacks sold captured warriors from other tribes and some sold enemies within their own tribes into slavery. Some Black slavers had the tables turned on them and were captured when they brought slaves to the White traders and were thereby sold into slavery themselves. White men found the secret of pitting Blacks against each other and learned to exploit their differences for profit. That is still happening today...Carson s an excellent example of just how rooted that paradigm is in some Blacks who believe their so-called conservatism sets them apart from real Black conservatives like Louis Farrakhan, MLK and the majority of Black people who work go to church and send their sons and daughters off to wars started by old White men to preserve the status quo.

Forum List

Back