🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ben Carson refers to slaves as "immigrants"

im·mi·grant
[ˈiməɡrənt]
NOUN
  1. a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

slave - a person who was stolen to be owned by another person

Nobody stopped, forbade or restricted black Africans to go and invade white Europe, except their own still visible mental limitations.

im·mi·grant
[ˈiməɡrənt]
NOUN
They were not coming to live permanently, they would have wanted to return home.
Desire has zero to do with the definition of immigration.
You lefties keep proving you lack basic education.
To repeat.

The were property. IMPORTED, as goods, Read the Constitution. They delineated immigrants from imported "such persons" (such persons = slaves) - or them discussing such persons..

The Notes of Debates in the Federal Convention of 1787
by James Madison.

: Genl. PINKNEY moved to strike out the words "the year eighteen hundred" as the year limiting the importation of slaves, and to insert the words "the year eighteen hundred and eight"

Mr. GHORUM 2ded. the motion

Mr. MADISON. Twenty years will produce all the mischief that can be apprehended from the liberty to import slaves. So long a term will be more dishonorable to the National character than to say nothing about it in the Constitution.

im·mi·grant
[ˈiməɡrənt]
NOUN
They were not coming to live permanently, they would have wanted to return home.
But yet, we are the educated ones and the educators. Guess your basic knowledge is lacking. But you will always have a job as long as you can say, 'Would you like fries with that?'.

In view of the unimaginable suffering during many generations that slaves endured in the U.S., such language as was used by Carson is inexcusable. This has nothing to do with "left" or "right", it has to do with wrong and right. The only possible reason for such speech is revisionism. To compare the conditions slaves endured to any other arrivals in America is odious. It is a mistreatment of the English language. The only other group to suffer in any way comparable was not a group of recent arrivals, it was the group present when Europeans imposed themselves in the Americas.
For those who insist on interpreting this post as 'liberal', 'leftist' or otherwise political, there is nothing to say and no response to be made. One sees these truths as self evident or not. Blindness may be cured by miracles, but not by argumentation.

Your hysteria is noted and rejected.

Ben Carson used the term completely correctly. YOur noise does not change that.

im·mi·grant
[ˈiməɡrənt]
NOUN
But yet, we are the educated ones and the educators. Guess your basic knowledge is lacking. But you will always have a job as long as you can say, 'Would you like fries with that?'.
Yeah, that's why you don't even know the definition of immigrant.

Last edited:
im·mi·grant
[ˈiməɡrənt]
NOUN
To repeat.

The were property. IMPORTED, as goods, Read the Constitution. They delineated immigrants from imported "such persons" (such persons = slaves) - or them discussing such persons..

by James Madison.

: Genl. PINKNEY moved to strike out the words "the year eighteen hundred" as the year limiting the importation of slaves, and to insert the words "the year eighteen hundred and eight"

Mr. MADISON. Twenty years will produce all the mischief that can be apprehended from the liberty to import slaves. So long a term will be more dishonorable to the National character than to say nothing about it in the Constitution.
Like I said, Soviets forced millions to relocate by force.
They were still immigrants to their new homes.

No.

The were property. IMPORTED, as goods, according to our Constitution.

& it should be noted, of those imported into the US, it was a teeny tiny fraction of the actual number of slaves that would become the 4 million in 1860. Most all were born and bred (literally) here.

Forced immigration is still immigration.

You would think that the term "immigrant" would infer a person acting on their own, without coercion.

But no. Now that words really no longer mean anything, "immigrant" can be pretty much anything.

Holy crap, this just continues to get worse.

From wikipedia.

Forced displacement - Wikipedia

"Forced displacement or forced migration is the coerced movement of a person or persons away from their home or home region and it often connotes violent coercion. "

"
  • Slavery: History's greatest forced migration was the Middle Passage of the Atlantic slave trade during the 15th through the 19th centuries. Of the 20 million Africans captured for the trade, half died in their forced march to the African coast, and another ten to twenty percent died on slave ships carrying them from Africa to the Americas.[11]"

Forced immigrants were always a part of the word Immigrant.

YOu are being played.
Okay, they're immigrants, I'm with ya.

From the op.

"There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less. "

This is not Ben Carson defending or denying slavery.

This is the Left trying to marginalize a conservative Black in Trump's administration.

im·mi·grant
[ˈiməɡrənt]
NOUN
To repeat.

by James Madison.

That has nothing to do with my comment.

How did our founders define them? I just showed you.

As IMPORTED goods. Not immigrants.

im·mi·grant
[ˈiməɡrənt]
NOUN
Yeah, that's why you don't even know the definition immigrant.
I know the definition, if you are a
im·mi·grant
[ˈiməɡrənt]
NOUN
Yeah, that's why you don't even know the definition immigrant.
Critical thinkers can approach subjects differently than 'these are the rules'. 'This is what they teach'.

No.

The were property. IMPORTED, as goods, according to our Constitution.

& it should be noted, of those imported into the US, it was a teeny tiny fraction of the actual number of slaves that would become the 4 million in 1860. Most all were born and bred (literally) here.

Forced immigration is still immigration.
To repeat.

The were property. IMPORTED, as goods, Read the Constitution. This is addressed. The Founders delineated immigrants from imported "such persons" (such persons = slaves) and placed a tax on them - the Founders, discussing such persons..

by James Madison.

im·mi·grant
[ˈiməɡrənt]
NOUN
To repeat.

by James Madison.

The two terms are NOT contradictory.

im·mi·grant
[ˈiməɡrənt]
NOUN
To repeat.

by James Madison.

Oh so you lefties want people to be called cargo instead of immigrants.
You people are nuts.

The Left has succeeded in burying what ever point he was trying to make.

I looked for the complete transcript, all I can find is vile lefties attacking him and at most a 2 minute excerpt.

You would think that the term "immigrant" would infer a person acting on their own, without coercion.

But no. Now that words really no longer mean anything, "immigrant" can be pretty much anything.

Holy crap, this just continues to get worse.

From wikipedia.

Forced displacement - Wikipedia

"Forced displacement or forced migration is the coerced movement of a person or persons away from their home or home region and it often connotes violent coercion. "

"
  • Slavery: History's greatest forced migration was the Middle Passage of the Atlantic slave trade during the 15th through the 19th centuries. Of the 20 million Africans captured for the trade, half died in their forced march to the African coast, and another ten to twenty percent died on slave ships carrying them from Africa to the Americas.[11]"

Forced immigrants were always a part of the word Immigrant.

YOu are being played.
Okay, they're immigrants, I'm with ya.

From the op.

"There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less. "

This is not Ben Carson defending or denying slavery.

This is the Left trying to marginalize a conservative Black in Trump's administration.
I think that, over the last few days, both Carson and Trump have said/tweeted something stupid, and rather than just admit it, partisan Republicans have jumped in to defend them; that words mean virtually nothing any more, that political partisanship has so polluted and distorted communication that communication may no longer even be possible.

Or, I've completely lost my fucking mind.

I'll go either way on this, I really don't care.

Carson is a fuckin idiot and completely removed from his linage and brains

Why don't you guys look at what he actually was saying instead of mincing someones words? Could he have used a better definition? I guess so, because there are people looking for any reason to skew someone else over race, no matter what their intentions were.
Excuses, excuses....this isn't the first time this moron has come out with stupid shit to say else he'd get a pass.....Carson is just stupid and out of touch with reality.....he needs to take his black ass back to medicine and pray he doesn't fuck it up after being in politics for so long.

If any of your loved ones would require a delicate brain operation, would you refuse to let Dr. Ben Carson do it, just because in your pathetic little, small minded world you view him as a moron and and Uncle Tom?

If you would, you are even more of an idiot than you display yourself to be, time after time, day after day with stubborn and blind obstinacy.

Forum List

Back