Ben Carson

Anyone that believes the "GOP was celebrating shutting down the government" is a dumbass.
Even if they did "shut it down", which they didn't, NO WAY any of them celebrates it as it KILLED THEM with the bogus press no matter how anyone spins it.
Only a fool believes the Republicans wanted to see what the Democrats in the Senate did.

Actually, the TeaTards were celebrating. Some of the quotes from Ted Cruz were pretty callous

Old School Republicans knew they were in deep shit but didn't have the balls to stand up to the Tards

Paul Broun is brilliant.
Master Bull Shitter and the DUMB MASSES right wing KOOKS here eat it up.
But he has MASSIVE opposition here.
What Broun says is all crap, would not vote him for anything.
BTW, the Democrats in the Senate shut down the government, not the Republicans.

So the Dem Senate rejects the GOP's demand that the individual mandate be delayed for one year (they should have demanded that the mandate be delayed until hell froze over), which the House GOP knew would be rejected. So if the GOP would have demanded that all Dems kill themselves and the Dems in the Senate rejected that proposal, the Dems would be blamed for the shutdown?
Why was the GOP celebrating shutting down the government, until the every opinion poll showed a huge drop in the GOP favorability? I mean the right had a huge circle jerk on these very pages celebrating the shutdown. After the poll results started showing up, they blamed the Dems!
I just love it when folks rewrite history! Party on down! :cheers2:

You just admitted the Democrats shut down the government.
But there really was NO shutdown of government.
"non essential services" and some Blue Flu and that was it.
The Senate is majority Democrat and they refused to pass the bill that was sent over from the House.
The House is duly elected and has every right to send over a majority bill.
And the Senate had every right not to pass a bill that WOULD HAVE FUNDED the government.
But the Democratic held Senate did not and thus funding stopped flowing.
But your partisan spin was funny!

No, I pointed out how ludicrous your statement was. The GOP knew the Dems would say NO. That would be like you asking Kate Upton to marry you. The answer would be no, so why in the hell would you ask Upton to marry you? It certainly would defy logic.
My statement about the mandate clearly demonstrates I am and have always been against the mandate. So I agreed with the right to end Obamacare. On the other hand, my post clearly demonstrates that in my opinion the that the right is rewriting history, their immediate reaction to the shutdown was to take credit for it, but as mentioned, when the poll results came out, that clearly reversed themselves . It was as clear as black and white.

The Senate is majority Democrat and they refused to pass the bill that was sent over from the House.
And the Senate had every right not to pass a bill that WOULD HAVE FUNDED the government.
Correction.

The majority democrat Senate has refused to pass nearly all bills that have been sent to over from the House, since 2010.

Then they have the nerve to claim that the GOP are a bunch of do-nothings.

So the Dem Senate rejects the GOP's demand that the individual mandate be delayed for one year (they should have demanded that the mandate be delayed until hell froze over), which the House GOP knew would be rejected. So if the GOP would have demanded that all Dems kill themselves and the Dems in the Senate rejected that proposal, the Dems would be blamed for the shutdown?
Why was the GOP celebrating shutting down the government, until the every opinion poll showed a huge drop in the GOP favorability? I mean the right had a huge circle jerk on these very pages celebrating the shutdown. After the poll results started showing up, they blamed the Dems!
I just love it when folks rewrite history! Party on down! :cheers2:

No, I pointed out how ludicrous your statement was. The GOP knew the Dems would say NO. That would be like you asking Kate Upton to marry you. The answer would be no, so why in the hell would you ask Upton to marry you? It certainly would defy logic.
My statement about the mandate clearly demonstrates I am and have always been against the mandate. So I agreed with the right to end Obamacare. On the other hand, my post clearly demonstrates that in my opinion the that the right is rewriting history, their immediate reaction to the shutdown was to take credit for it, but as mentioned, when the poll results came out, that clearly reversed themselves . It was as clear as black and white.

LMAO! crying that Repubs "knew" this or that is laughable from left-wing idiots. is that an acceptable excuse then for what you idiots are calling "obstruction" by Republicans? that obama and Dems are proposing legislation they "know" is unacceptable to Repubs?

idiots and hypocrites

What makes him a "brilliant man"?

well the fact that he is a neurosurgeon
; and the fact he isn't cowed by rabid lib race politics; and unafraid to leave the liberal PLANTATION

That doesn't make him brilliant. It means that he excels in a field.

Rep. Paul Broun from Georgia is also a physician. He made the dumbass statement that evolution and the big bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of Hell."

Rafael 'Ted' Cruz is another one that's assumed to be smart just because he was an excellent law student. But he has been out-witted and out-smarted at every turn since joining the Senate. He shut down the government while having NO PLAN to stop Obamacare.

good one dork; then the fact that obama is supposedly a Constitutional scholar doesnt mean jack either; and all obama has done is fail and blame his failures on people like Cruz that you just claimed has been outwitted so badly. what does that say about obama?

Correction.

The majority democrat Senate has refused to pass nearly all bills that have been sent to over from the House, since 2010.

The GOP house sent over a lot of bills they knew the Dems wouldn't pass. When the bills came back to them from the Senate, they didn't exactly make any changes to that legislation that showed they were less partisan than the Dems.
I blame both parties for the dysfunctional state of Washington DC, but then, I'm not married to any ideology.

Correction.

Why should the Senate pass Republican sponsored bills from the House?

For the past five years, Republicans in the Senate have required the Democrats to have 60 votes to bring a bill to the floor. Why would Republicans think their bills can come up for a vote with only 45 votes?

Correction.

For the past five years, Republicans in the Senate have required the Democrats to have 60 votes to bring a bill to the floor. Why would Republicans think their bills can come up for a vote with only 45 votes?

every day you come here and lie to YOURSELF.
try researching the Dem MAJORITY LEADER'S VIEW on 60 votes. he is on record saying "THAT'S THE WAY WE DO BUSINESS HERE"

Correction.

How do they get brought to the floor for a vote, when they aren't even put on the calendar?

We know who the obstructionists are, and it is not the Senate republicans.

Correction.

every day you come here and lie to YOURSELF.
try researching the Dem MAJORITY LEADER'S VIEW on 60 votes. he is on record saying "THAT'S THE WAY WE DO BUSINESS HERE"

Doesn't answer the question

Why should Republican bills come to the Senate floor if they only have 45 votes?

Correction.

The GOP house sent over a lot of bills they knew the Dems wouldn't pass. When the bills came back to them from the Senate, they didn't exactly make any changes to that legislation that showed they were less partisan than the Dems.
I blame both parties for the dysfunctional state of Washington DC, but then, I'm not married to any ideology.
Reid has refused to even put those bills on the Senate calendar for the amendment process and debate.

That is not a fact based on ideology.

Correction.

How do they get brought to the floor for a vote, when they aren't even put on the calendar?

Democratic bills in the Senate don't get debated either unless they have 60 votes.

Why should Republicans demand special treatment? Especially since they are the ones demanding 60 votes?

How about we do this Republicans...

You allow Democrats to bring their bills to to floor for an up or down vote and they will do the same for your bills

Sounds fair doesn't it?

Sen. Reid: 'It's Always Been The Case You Need 60 Votes'

www.republican.senate.gov/public/index.../blog?...*

United States Senate

Jul 29, 2011 - Reid Says: 'The Need To Muster 60 Votes… ... HARRY REID (D-NV): "As majority leader, I intend to run the Senate with respect for the rules ...

comical watchin left-wings say "republicans demanded 60 votes...."

repubs dont control the Senate do; and 60 votes is that Reid has demanded forever

libs are losers who lie to themselves

Sen. Reid: 'It's Always Been The Case You Need 60 Votes'

www.republican.senate.gov/public/index.../blog?...*

United States Senate

Jul 29, 2011 - Reid Says: 'The Need To Muster 60 Votes… ... HARRY REID (D-NV): "As majority leader, I intend to run the Senate with respect for the rules ...

comical watchin left-wings say "republicans demanded 60 votes...."

repubs dont control the Senate do; and 60 votes is that Reid has demanded forever

libs are losers who lie to themselves

So why should republican bills proceed in the Senate with only 45 votes?

Sounds like they are DOA to me

Democratic bills in the Senate don't get debated either unless they have 60 votes.

Why should Republicans demand special treatment? Especially since they are the ones demanding 60 votes?
They don't get debated, let alone put up for a vote, unless they are put on the Senate calendar.

Who is in charge of that duty, champ?

They don't get debated, let alone put up for a vote, unless they are put on the Senate calendar.

Who cares?

Democratic bills don't get debated either

Simple question:
Would you support Republicans allowing the Democratic bills to come up for a vote if Democrats allow the Republican bills to come up for a vote?

Correction.

Reid has refused to even put those bills on the Senate calendar for the amendment process and debate.

I won't even post what I think of people who think it's just the other side that's fucked. I don't play that game.

I won't even post what I think of people who think it's just the other side that's fucked. I don't play that game.
Not even a good stab as stuffing me into your myopic box, sport. I express plenty of disgust for republicans.

But the current Senate Majority Leader, the one who puts House bills on the calendar for consideration, is a democrat.

You can look it up.

Who cares?
Obviously, Kool Aid guzzlers like you don't. Doesn't change anything.

Democratic bills don't get debated either
You mean like the debt ceiling bills, CRs and the recent budget pork festival didn't get debated?

Yeah, democrat bills have been totally shelved. :rolleyes:

Simple question:
Would you support Republicans allowing the Democratic bills to come up for a vote if Democrats allow the Republican bills to come up for a vote?

Simple question: Do you understand the English language?

Bills don't come up for a vote until the Majority Leader puts them on the calender for consideration, which Harry Reid has refused to do.

Forum List

Back