Ben Sasse has an important message for Trump supporters

So "white privilege" is something that has been gone for well over 100 years.
I don't like the term white privilege, I see it as inflammatory. Do you really not understand what it is referring to? No it hasn't been gone for well over 100 years. Civil Rights act was in the 60's. The effect of centuries of oppression doesn't just magically go away when a new law is passed
The term "white privilege" is intended to imply that I'm guilty of some kind of crime simply because I'm white.

Take your "white privilege" and stick it where the sun don't shine. The entire south suffers to this day from the crimes committed during the Civil War. You don't see anyone blubbering about "Yankee privilege," now do you?
No you are not guilty of a crime for being white. Just guilty of being a dumbshit but thats because of your posts here on the board.
That's what the term "white privilege" means, asshole. It means you should feel guilty simply because you are white. Otherwise, why use it?

Not only do you accuse white people of having committed a crime of some kind, you deny that you are accusing them of it.

Why should anyone give a fuck about "white privilege" if it doesn't mean white people are guilty of something that they need to make amends for?
I view the term as this way. When we play basketball and someone sprains an ankle and cannot move as well do I have two leg privilege? No, he has one leg disadvantage. We are all born with advantages and disadvantages in life. The only true privilege in America is economic privilege. As I always tell my kids, this country is not systemically racist and they don't have white privilege. There is nothing that a black young person cannot legally do in this country that they can.
Do you think the sport of Golf is dominated by whites because whites are inherently better at the game or because of another reason? I'll save the back and forth and assume we both know that money and social class play a large roll in it. This is a better example of how privilege plays into our society. Elements of our society that require money or higher education are largely dominated by whites. While laws have been put in place to try and eliminate the system oppression that was quite literally in our nations laws from its inception till the 1960's you have to be able to recognize that things don't all just change. with the signing of legislation. Right?
#1) I hate Golf. Best ever golfer = Tiger Woods. I guess? I do not watch Golf. It is a VERY expensive sport. I would state that very few white players if any come from a working class family background. It is a game for the wealthy just like polo.
#2) 6% of the US population consists of black males but they represent 85% of the NBA and 70% of the NFL, respectively. Some people are just better at sports than others. There are more Jewish NFL owners than players. We all have our core competencies I guess? But statistics can also be misleading.
#3) The primary reason for black disadvantage is the single family unit. In the 60s only 20% of Black Families had one parent, today it is 75%. We are not more racist today than we were in the 60s, I don't think so anyway but Gov't programs and such have festered to create this dynamic. In fact a black child with two parents is more likely to be successful than a white child with one parent. This is why Jews and Asians are the most successful, lowest number of single family homes. Close knit family structures.
#4) We have racist people in America and the world but blacks are the most affluent in America. This is the best place for black and white folks IMO but especially for black folks. Europe is dangerously racist.
#5) I believe if we treated everyone equally and not provide special programs for blacks, Hispanics, women, Asians, etc., we would all be better off. I am a Jew and I do not want any programs to help specifically Jews. I would find that abominable. Just treat everyone fairly. I believe capitalism does that as best it can. Notice how many no longer consider Asians to be minorities and even Harvard is turning them away because of the level of wealth and prosperity they achieved in America...wealthiest class.
Fair points... I brought up golf exactly for the reasons you laid out. You are wrong though it is an amazing game... But it is expensive and it takes a lot of time and this largely why it is dominated by whites. Tiger woods is perhaps the best golfer ever and he is Black. Most other major sports in this country are dominated by Blacks but those are sports that they can play in their neighborhoods, that don't require expensive equipment, polo shirts, and the kind of expenses that golf and other sports require. It is an example of how money and power effect social standing, access, and opportunity.
Enough with the lies man, you are taking too much liberty and I'm reaching my BS saturation point. Im not here to keep correcting your lies and mischaracterizations of things I stand for. I don't hold forth that America is the worst nation in history, thats horseshit. I think America is an amazing country and I am so lucky to have been born here and have the ability to be part of such an incredible nation. Piss off if you're going to keep trying to define me. Tell me I'm a Nazi and hate America. Seriously, fuck off.

EVERYTHING you post supports my contentions.
no not doesn't. You hear what you want to hear and ignore the real things that I say. You're game is obvious and you’re not playing it very well. Trolling is lazy and easy. See how you do with honest debate. I don’t think you would fair too well.
Golf is a game not a sport, correct. There is no defense and the etiquette is annoying. I suck at it but its because I won't waste time playing it to learn it more. I broke a 100 once and was super lucky. I can hit it off the tee but the short game blows.

Blacks are better athletes. Same for former Yugoslavians. No idea why. Their genetic makeup perhaps?

True the ugliness has extended to all areas of this world throughout history. This isn't a contest about which nation is better and which is worse. It is just a matter of history and fact. People with integrity don't blame others and ignore recognizing their own inappropriate actions... They take responsibility and address the issues in an honest way. You seem to want to ignore and deflect.

This is a matter of demagoguery and defamation. The application of the double standard. "America is evil because they stole land from the Indians." This is of course utter bullshit, there is not one grain of sand that wasn't taken by force anywhere on this earth. The so called Indians crossed from Siberia (during a warm spell - that we pretend never existed - praise Gaia). Despite the misconceptions promoted by the left, when the Asians invaded the Americas, the lands were not devoid of inhabitants. America was peopled by Australoid Aboriginal people. The Asians as a more advanced culture, wiped the Aborigines out in a near total genocide. Obviously the Toltecs included Aborigine bloodlines, but overall, the inhabitants of America were far more brutally slaughtered by the Indians than anything the Europeans did later.

You seek to demonize Western Culture, and particularly the hated white scapegoats. But this is a house built on a foundation of bullshit.

Western Culture is demonstrably superior to any culture on earth. Don't like it? Too fucking bad, the fact remains that Western Culture has provided a better life for the greatest number of people than any other culture in the history of this planet.
I don't want to demonize anything. I just want to be able to honestly talk about issues and our history. If you want to ignore the ugly stuff that happened or try to excuse it because other nations did something worse then you go right ahead but I don't see that as being honest.
The "ugly stuff" that happened 160 years ago is irrelevant to me or any current election. Turds like you want to keep it alive so you can keep your black slaves in line.
Yes, past slavery is obviously irrelevant to you. I a lot of what is discussed is irrelevant to you, but that doesn't mean much
The only thing relevant to me is the fact that scumbags like you are trying to blame me for slavery. Sorry, asshole, but my ancestors weren't even in this country before the Civil War. Even if they were, that doesn't make me responsible for what they did. That's an idea that only a NAZI would support, like blaming the Jews for Germany's problems.
Hahaha, Mister defensive here thinks I'm blaming him for slavery, thats funny. Could you be any more of a drama queen? I don't think so.
That's exactly what you're doing, NAZI. The left has been doing that for at least 80 years. That's what the term "white privilege" means.

I don't like the term white privilege, I see it as inflammatory. Do you really not understand what it is referring to? No it hasn't been gone for well over 100 years. Civil Rights act was in the 60's. The effect of centuries of oppression doesn't just magically go away when a new law is passed
The term "white privilege" is intended to imply that I'm guilty of some kind of crime simply because I'm white.

Take your "white privilege" and stick it where the sun don't shine. The entire south suffers to this day from the crimes committed during the Civil War. You don't see anyone blubbering about "Yankee privilege," now do you?
No you are not guilty of a crime for being white. Just guilty of being a dumbshit but thats because of your posts here on the board.
That's what the term "white privilege" means, asshole. It means you should feel guilty simply because you are white. Otherwise, why use it?

Not only do you accuse white people of having committed a crime of some kind, you deny that you are accusing them of it.

Why should anyone give a fuck about "white privilege" if it doesn't mean white people are guilty of something that they need to make amends for?
I view the term as this way. When we play basketball and someone sprains an ankle and cannot move as well do I have two leg privilege? No, he has one leg disadvantage. We are all born with advantages and disadvantages in life. The only true privilege in America is economic privilege. As I always tell my kids, this country is not systemically racist and they don't have white privilege. There is nothing that a black young person cannot legally do in this country that they can.
Do you think the sport of Golf is dominated by whites because whites are inherently better at the game or because of another reason? I'll save the back and forth and assume we both know that money and social class play a large roll in it. This is a better example of how privilege plays into our society. Elements of our society that require money or higher education are largely dominated by whites. While laws have been put in place to try and eliminate the system oppression that was quite literally in our nations laws from its inception till the 1960's you have to be able to recognize that things don't all just change. with the signing of legislation. Right?
#1) I hate Golf. Best ever golfer = Tiger Woods. I guess? I do not watch Golf. It is a VERY expensive sport. I would state that very few white players if any come from a working class family background. It is a game for the wealthy just like polo.
#2) 6% of the US population consists of black males but they represent 85% of the NBA and 70% of the NFL, respectively. Some people are just better at sports than others. There are more Jewish NFL owners than players. We all have our core competencies I guess? But statistics can also be misleading.
#3) The primary reason for black disadvantage is the single family unit. In the 60s only 20% of Black Families had one parent, today it is 75%. We are not more racist today than we were in the 60s, I don't think so anyway but Gov't programs and such have festered to create this dynamic. In fact a black child with two parents is more likely to be successful than a white child with one parent. This is why Jews and Asians are the most successful, lowest number of single family homes. Close knit family structures.
#4) We have racist people in America and the world but blacks are the most affluent in America. This is the best place for black and white folks IMO but especially for black folks. Europe is dangerously racist.
#5) I believe if we treated everyone equally and not provide special programs for blacks, Hispanics, women, Asians, etc., we would all be better off. I am a Jew and I do not want any programs to help specifically Jews. I would find that abominable. Just treat everyone fairly. I believe capitalism does that as best it can. Notice how many no longer consider Asians to be minorities and even Harvard is turning them away because of the level of wealth and prosperity they achieved in America...wealthiest class.
Fair points... I brought up golf exactly for the reasons you laid out. You are wrong though it is an amazing game... But it is expensive and it takes a lot of time and thats largely why it is dominated by whites. Yes, Tiger Woods is perhaps the best golfer ever and he is Black. Most other major sports in this country are dominated by Blacks so we know they have incredible athletic ability but they dominate in sports that they can play in their neighborhoods, that don't require expensive equipment, polo shirts, and the kind of expenses that golf and other sports require. It is an example of how money and power effect social standing, access, and opportunity.

I agree with you in the most part when it comes to race specific programs. I think it better to focus programs on income level and impoverished areas. Infrastructure and education being the most important elements. I agree on the importance of the family unit, and I agree that America is still a country that represents equal opportunity for all. That doesn't mean we don't have problems and that we can't do better.

I will make one more point. For generations the power structure has been held by whites. That means whites has the most control over making our laws and regulations and shaping the course of our society. Minorities were systematically oppressed for a long time and have not had the opportunity to grow into the positions of power and wealth as whites. These things take time and often generations to get there. I do support programs that can give voice to these minorities. The kind of voice that those who do have money, wealth and power have. So in that aspect I so support racially focused programs.

There is a difference between spraining your ankle and somebody contributing to it getting sprained. Do you think the sport of Golf is dominated by whites because whites are inherently better at the game or because of another reason? I'll save the back and forth and assume we both know that money and social class play a large roll in it. This is a better example of how privilege plays into our society. Elements of our society that require money or access or higher education are largely dominated by whites. While laws have been put in place to try and eliminate the systemic oppression that was quite literally in our nations laws from its inception till the 1960's you have to be able to recognize that things don't all just change with the signing of legislation. Right?
Do you actually believe that we won't have justice in this country until the black representation in every sport is the same as white representation? Do you imagine we should have quotas in basketball, baseball and football so that white representation is exactly equal to their representation in the general population? That is never going to happen. If you take a look around the world you'll see that different cultures have different skills and abilities. The idea that we all have exactly the same representation is idiotic.

Your premise is fucking stupid, which is just one reason we're tired of your schemes to improve society. They are based on ideas that are clearly wrong, irrational and unjust. They are also oppressive to innocent people who have done nothing to apologize for.

Playing gold doesn't oppress anyone. Neither does playing basketball.

Go fuck yourself, NAZI.
No and No to answer your questions. My point is going over your head and I don't have the patience to explain it to you right now as you always seem to have difficulties understanding basic ideas.

Fair points... I brought up golf exactly for the reasons you laid out. You are wrong though it is an amazing game... But it is expensive and it takes a lot of time and this largely why it is dominated by whites. Tiger woods is perhaps the best golfer ever and he is Black. Most other major sports in this country are dominated by Blacks but those are sports that they can play in their neighborhoods, that don't require expensive equipment, polo shirts, and the kind of expenses that golf and other sports require. It is an example of how money and power effect social standing, access, and opportunity.
Enough with the lies man, you are taking too much liberty and I'm reaching my BS saturation point. Im not here to keep correcting your lies and mischaracterizations of things I stand for. I don't hold forth that America is the worst nation in history, thats horseshit. I think America is an amazing country and I am so lucky to have been born here and have the ability to be part of such an incredible nation. Piss off if you're going to keep trying to define me. Tell me I'm a Nazi and hate America. Seriously, fuck off.

no not doesn't. You hear what you want to hear and ignore the real things that I say. You're game is obvious and you’re not playing it very well. Trolling is lazy and easy. See how you do with honest debate. I don’t think you would fair too well.

I laid out detail and logic of why I view your shameful party as Nazis, you respond with "nuhn uhn."
No, you mischaracterize and lie about the things I say. Thats not laying out logic, that's just trolling.

Side note. Whats with the Nazi obsession?? I've been seeing you and a few others on this board spitting out the nazi commie terms like y'all have Tourettes. Are you thinking it is landing effective insults? Because it just makes you all sound like low IQ dumbasses that need to use insults instead of logic to debate. Its the equivalent to the left overusing the race card. Is that really who you want to emulate? Step it up kid

I have a standard reply to this idiocy, but I'll go beyond it this time.

My grandparents fled Germany in 1928. As a child I would ask why the German people let the Nazis rise. Were people blind? Did they not see what was going on? My grandmother explained that there was comfort. That people feared losing their jobs, their homes, and the comforts of life so would not speak up. And a great many viewed the Nazis as a source of prosperity and pride. The loss of liberty and the violence on the streets was less important than a stable currency and heat in their homes.

Hitler used an old trope to consolidate power, a scapegoat. He chose the Jews, but it could be anyone, who it is doesn't matter, just as long as people can be focused on one group as the cause of all problems.

Around 2010, I observed that Obama was using the same trope, and not just Obama, but the party and the the utterly corrupt press. Whites have been the safe group to lampoon and set as the butt of all jokes for decades. But this was different, uglier, meaner. By 2015 open hatred of whites was part of everyday life. The halls of education railed against the new Juden, the whites, Hollywood changed the tone and amped up the vitriolic anti-White crusade. And the party became openly hostile to anything white, culture and people.

The democrats had become the new Nazi party.

Now the standard response.

Slade, you follow a Reich that seeks the central planning and control of the economy under an authoritarian, central ruler where liberty is snuffed out in favor of group privilege, where the party has absolute control of the press who are nothing more than propaganda for the Reich, where a race (whites) are singled out as a scapegoat and painted by the Reich press as the enemy of the people to be reviled and oppressed by both social and governmental powers. Where religion is forcibly suppressed and permitted only where it promoted the goals of the Reich, where political opposition is violently suppressed and any challenge to the party is termed "sedition" or "treason." Where speech against the party or Reich is a criminal act. Where expression is controlled by the party and any speaking against the party are cancelled.

Go ahead and lie to me, Slade, but don't lie to yourself. You ARE a Nazi; you are part of the Nazi party.
white oppressed?

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression.

Golf is a game not a sport, correct. There is no defense and the etiquette is annoying. I suck at it but its because I won't waste time playing it to learn it more. I broke a 100 once and was super lucky. I can hit it off the tee but the short game blows.

Blacks are better athletes. Same for former Yugoslavians. No idea why. Their genetic makeup perhaps?
golf is both a game and a sport. You play against yourself which is why it is so difficult and self revealing. The defense is built into the course design and your own abilities to execute. Congrats on breaking 100, that isn't easy. It is definitely all about the short game and it will eat up a persons patience. The struggle is what makes the game great IMO.

There is a difference between spraining your ankle and somebody contributing to it getting sprained. Do you think the sport of Golf is dominated by whites because whites are inherently better at the game or because of another reason? I'll save the back and forth and assume we both know that money and social class play a large roll in it. This is a better example of how privilege plays into our society. Elements of our society that require money or access or higher education are largely dominated by whites. While laws have been put in place to try and eliminate the systemic oppression that was quite literally in our nations laws from its inception till the 1960's you have to be able to recognize that things don't all just change with the signing of legislation. Right?
Do you actually believe that we won't have justice in this country until the black representation in every sport is the same as white representation? Do you imagine we should have quotas in basketball, baseball and football so that white representation is exactly equal to their representation in the general population? That is never going to happen. If you take a look around the world you'll see that different cultures have different skills and abilities. The idea that we all have exactly the same representation is idiotic.

Your premise is fucking stupid, which is just one reason we're tired of your schemes to improve society. They are based on ideas that are clearly wrong, irrational and unjust. They are also oppressive to innocent people who have done nothing to apologize for.

Go fuck yourself, NAZI.
No and No to answer your questions. My point is going over your head and I don't have the patience to explain it to you right now as you always seem to have difficulties understanding basic ideas.
Your point isn't going over my head, NAZI. I'm just not fooled by your bullshit.
Of course that's what you believe. That's why you brought up the fact that black people don't win golf tournaments. Now you're ashamed that you mentioned it.

golf is both a game and a sport. You play against yourself which is why it is so difficult and self revealing. The defense is built into the course design and your own abilities to execute. Congrats on breaking 100, that isn't easy. It is definitely all about the short game and it will eat up a persons patience. The struggle is what makes the game great IMO.
But since only white people play it, you should be ashamed that you do, right?

Side note. Whats with the Nazi obsession?? I've been seeing you and a few others on this board spitting out the nazi commie terms like y'all have Tourettes. Are you thinking it is landing effective insults? Because it just makes you all sound like low IQ dumbasses that need to use insults instead of logic to debate. Its the equivalent to the left overusing the race card. Is that really who you want to emulate? Step it up kid

My grandparents fled Germany in 1928. As a child I would ask why the German people let the Nazis rise. Were people blind? Did they not see what was going on? My grandmother explained that there was comfort. That people feared losing their jobs, their homes, and the comforts of life so would not speak up. And a great many viewed the Nazis as a source of prosperity and pride. The loss of liberty and the violence on the streets was less important than a stable currency and heat in their homes.

Hitler used an old trope to consolidate power, a scapegoat. He chose the Jews, but it could be anyone, who it is doesn't matter, just as long as people can be focused on one group as the cause of all problems.

Around 2010, I observed that Obama was using the same trope, and not just Obama, but the party and the the utterly corrupt press. Whites have been the safe group to lampoon and set as the butt of all jokes for decades. But this was different, uglier, meaner. By 2015 open hatred of whites was part of everyday life. The halls of education railed against the new Juden, the whites, Hollywood changed the tone and amped up the vitriolic anti-White crusade. And the party became openly hostile to anything white, culture and people.

Slade, you follow a Reich that seeks the central planning and control of the economy under an authoritarian, central ruler where liberty is snuffed out in favor of group privilege, where the party has absolute control of the press who are nothing more than propaganda for the Reich, where a race (whites) are singled out as a scapegoat and painted by the Reich press as the enemy of the people to be reviled and oppressed by both social and governmental powers. Where religion is forcibly suppressed and permitted only where it promoted the goals of the Reich, where political opposition is violently suppressed and any challenge to the party is termed "sedition" or "treason." Where speech against the party or Reich is a criminal act. Where expression is controlled by the party and any speaking against the party are cancelled.

Go ahead and lie to me, Slade, but don't lie to yourself. You ARE a Nazi; you are part of the Nazi party.
white oppressed?

Forced equality is oppression, NAZI.

Fair points... I brought up golf exactly for the reasons you laid out. You are wrong though it is an amazing game... But it is expensive and it takes a lot of time and thats largely why it is dominated by whites. Yes, Tiger Woods is perhaps the best golfer ever and he is Black. Most other major sports in this country are dominated by Blacks so we know they have incredible athletic ability but they dominate in sports that they can play in their neighborhoods, that don't require expensive equipment, polo shirts, and the kind of expenses that golf and other sports require. It is an example of how money and power effect social standing, access, and opportunity.

I agree with you in the most part when it comes to race specific programs. I think it better to focus programs on income level and impoverished areas. Infrastructure and education being the most important elements. I agree on the importance of the family unit, and I agree that America is still a country that represents equal opportunity for all. That doesn't mean we don't have problems and that we can't do better.

I will make one more point. For generations the power structure has been held by whites. That means whites has the most control over making our laws and regulations and shaping the course of our society. Minorities were systematically oppressed for a long time and have not had the opportunity to grow into the positions of power and wealth as whites. These things take time and often generations to get there. I do support programs that can give voice to these minorities. The kind of voice that those who do have money, wealth and power have. So in that aspect I so support racially focused programs.
So what you're saying is that it's OK if blacks are over represented in sports because they are just better than us. Is that about right?

Do you not thing that Biden will be speaking out for those minorities?

Go fuck yourself, NAZI.
Your point isn't going over my head, NAZI. I'm just not fooled by your bullshit.
Of course that's what you believe. That's why you brought up the fact that black people don't win golf tournaments. Now you're ashamed that you mentioned it.
Did I say Black people don't win golf tournaments?! haha, can you post that quote? No you can't because you're lying again. Go away troll, you're not good at this game.

Not at all... Again, the point goes right over your head. I'm a high school golf coach by the way.

So what you're saying is that it's OK if blacks are over represented in sports because they are just better than us. Is that about right?
Enough with the "So" arguments. They are not effective and only make you look like a troll. Try honest debate for a change.

white oppressed?

Forced equality is oppression, NAZI.
yes forced equality is.
But also forced inequality is oppression.

Yes I think he will make an effort to give them voice. He already has through the people he has appointed into power within his administration. Kudos for that

Go fuck yourself, NAZI.
Did I say Black people don't win golf tournaments?! haha, can you post that quote? No you can't because you're lying again. Go away troll, you're not good at this game.
You're changing the subject because you're ashamed of your blatant racism.

Yes I think he will make an effort to give them voice. He already has through the people he has appointed into power within his administration. Kudos for that

So, why the need for "racially focused programs" when Biden is giving them a voice, a very powerful voice and policies and money and blah, blah, blah, already?

Not at all... Again, the point goes right over your head. I'm a high school golf coach by the way.
ROFL! Even more reason for you to be ashamed. You're an oppressor who is enforcing inequality.

Forum List

Back