Ben Sasse has an important message for Trump supporters

So "white privilege" is something that has been gone for well over 100 years.
I don't like the term white privilege, I see it as inflammatory. Do you really not understand what it is referring to? No it hasn't been gone for well over 100 years. Civil Rights act was in the 60's. The effect of centuries of oppression doesn't just magically go away when a new law is passed
The term "white privilege" is intended to imply that I'm guilty of some kind of crime simply because I'm white.

Take your "white privilege" and stick it where the sun don't shine. The entire south suffers to this day from the crimes committed during the Civil War. You don't see anyone blubbering about "Yankee privilege," now do you?
No you are not guilty of a crime for being white. Just guilty of being a dumbshit but thats because of your posts here on the board.
That's what the term "white privilege" means, asshole. It means you should feel guilty simply because you are white. Otherwise, why use it?

Not only do you accuse white people of having committed a crime of some kind, you deny that you are accusing them of it.

Why should anyone give a fuck about "white privilege" if it doesn't mean white people are guilty of something that they need to make amends for?
I view the term as this way. When we play basketball and someone sprains an ankle and cannot move as well do I have two leg privilege? No, he has one leg disadvantage. We are all born with advantages and disadvantages in life. The only true privilege in America is economic privilege. As I always tell my kids, this country is not systemically racist and they don't have white privilege. There is nothing that a black young person cannot legally do in this country that they can.
Do you think the sport of Golf is dominated by whites because whites are inherently better at the game or because of another reason? I'll save the back and forth and assume we both know that money and social class play a large roll in it. This is a better example of how privilege plays into our society. Elements of our society that require money or higher education are largely dominated by whites. While laws have been put in place to try and eliminate the system oppression that was quite literally in our nations laws from its inception till the 1960's you have to be able to recognize that things don't all just change. with the signing of legislation. Right?
#1) I hate Golf. Best ever golfer = Tiger Woods. I guess? I do not watch Golf. It is a VERY expensive sport. I would state that very few white players if any come from a working class family background. It is a game for the wealthy just like polo.
#2) 6% of the US population consists of black males but they represent 85% of the NBA and 70% of the NFL, respectively. Some people are just better at sports than others. There are more Jewish NFL owners than players. We all have our core competencies I guess? But statistics can also be misleading.
#3) The primary reason for black disadvantage is the single family unit. In the 60s only 20% of Black Families had one parent, today it is 75%. We are not more racist today than we were in the 60s, I don't think so anyway but Gov't programs and such have festered to create this dynamic. In fact a black child with two parents is more likely to be successful than a white child with one parent. This is why Jews and Asians are the most successful, lowest number of single family homes. Close knit family structures.
#4) We have racist people in America and the world but blacks are the most affluent in America. This is the best place for black and white folks IMO but especially for black folks. Europe is dangerously racist.
#5) I believe if we treated everyone equally and not provide special programs for blacks, Hispanics, women, Asians, etc., we would all be better off. I am a Jew and I do not want any programs to help specifically Jews. I would find that abominable. Just treat everyone fairly. I believe capitalism does that as best it can. Notice how many no longer consider Asians to be minorities and even Harvard is turning them away because of the level of wealth and prosperity they achieved in America...wealthiest class.
Fair points... I brought up golf exactly for the reasons you laid out. You are wrong though it is an amazing game... But it is expensive and it takes a lot of time and thats largely why it is dominated by whites. Yes, Tiger Woods is perhaps the best golfer ever and he is Black. Most other major sports in this country are dominated by Blacks so we know they have incredible athletic ability but they dominate in sports that they can play in their neighborhoods, that don't require expensive equipment, polo shirts, and the kind of expenses that golf and other sports require. It is an example of how money and power effect social standing, access, and opportunity.

I agree with you in the most part when it comes to race specific programs. I think it better to focus programs on income level and impoverished areas. Infrastructure and education being the most important elements. I agree on the importance of the family unit, and I agree that America is still a country that represents equal opportunity for all. That doesn't mean we don't have problems and that we can't do better.

I will make one more point. For generations the power structure has been held by whites. That means whites has the most control over making our laws and regulations and shaping the course of our society. Minorities were systematically oppressed for a long time and have not had the opportunity to grow into the positions of power and wealth as whites. These things take time and often generations to get there. I do support programs that can give voice to these minorities. The kind of voice that those who do have money, wealth and power have. So in that aspect I so support racially focused programs.

Do you not thing that Biden will be speaking out for those minorities?
Yes I think he will make an effort to give them voice. He already has through the people he has appointed into power within his administration. Kudos for that

So, why the need for "racially focused programs" when Biden is giving them a voice, a very powerful voice and policies and money and blah, blah, blah, already?
Do you think all inequality problems are solved in this nation? Do you think there is equal voice, power and representation in local communities all over this nation? You ask why have racially focused programs... well cause a few presidential appointments doesn't solve the issues. Its a good step but many other steps need to be taken.
I think they exist because we keep pointing them out and yelling that its racism. Could it be cultural? Could it be due to lack of a two parent household? Why are immigrant blacks on par with whites when it comes to income and wealth generation? It has less to do with color and a lot more with culture. Namely the aforementioned single parenthood. Something it seems as though our politicians want as it keeps poor people dependent on them and forces them to vote for them.
I agree that there is much in the culture that proagates problems. I don't know how politicians effect the amount of parents in a household. Again to me, education and infrastructure are the most important areas of focus. Representation is also important though especially for people who have felt ignored, oppressed, minimized, prejudged and overlooked.
Easy...they give you free money for having kids and being unemployed. Self fulfilling prophecy. One of my best friends who is also black told me this about the political parties.

"One group wants to treat blacks like infants and tell them what's best while using them as a weapon. The other wants to pretend like they don't exist as a distinct group and they are just worse of as a group because of incompetence"

My response was "Which is worse"

His retort: "The first but both suck"

I don't like the term white privilege, I see it as inflammatory. Do you really not understand what it is referring to? No it hasn't been gone for well over 100 years. Civil Rights act was in the 60's. The effect of centuries of oppression doesn't just magically go away when a new law is passed
The term "white privilege" is intended to imply that I'm guilty of some kind of crime simply because I'm white.

Take your "white privilege" and stick it where the sun don't shine. The entire south suffers to this day from the crimes committed during the Civil War. You don't see anyone blubbering about "Yankee privilege," now do you?
No you are not guilty of a crime for being white. Just guilty of being a dumbshit but thats because of your posts here on the board.
That's what the term "white privilege" means, asshole. It means you should feel guilty simply because you are white. Otherwise, why use it?

Not only do you accuse white people of having committed a crime of some kind, you deny that you are accusing them of it.

Why should anyone give a fuck about "white privilege" if it doesn't mean white people are guilty of something that they need to make amends for?
I view the term as this way. When we play basketball and someone sprains an ankle and cannot move as well do I have two leg privilege? No, he has one leg disadvantage. We are all born with advantages and disadvantages in life. The only true privilege in America is economic privilege. As I always tell my kids, this country is not systemically racist and they don't have white privilege. There is nothing that a black young person cannot legally do in this country that they can.
Do you think the sport of Golf is dominated by whites because whites are inherently better at the game or because of another reason? I'll save the back and forth and assume we both know that money and social class play a large roll in it. This is a better example of how privilege plays into our society. Elements of our society that require money or higher education are largely dominated by whites. While laws have been put in place to try and eliminate the system oppression that was quite literally in our nations laws from its inception till the 1960's you have to be able to recognize that things don't all just change. with the signing of legislation. Right?
#1) I hate Golf. Best ever golfer = Tiger Woods. I guess? I do not watch Golf. It is a VERY expensive sport. I would state that very few white players if any come from a working class family background. It is a game for the wealthy just like polo.
#2) 6% of the US population consists of black males but they represent 85% of the NBA and 70% of the NFL, respectively. Some people are just better at sports than others. There are more Jewish NFL owners than players. We all have our core competencies I guess? But statistics can also be misleading.
#3) The primary reason for black disadvantage is the single family unit. In the 60s only 20% of Black Families had one parent, today it is 75%. We are not more racist today than we were in the 60s, I don't think so anyway but Gov't programs and such have festered to create this dynamic. In fact a black child with two parents is more likely to be successful than a white child with one parent. This is why Jews and Asians are the most successful, lowest number of single family homes. Close knit family structures.
#4) We have racist people in America and the world but blacks are the most affluent in America. This is the best place for black and white folks IMO but especially for black folks. Europe is dangerously racist.
#5) I believe if we treated everyone equally and not provide special programs for blacks, Hispanics, women, Asians, etc., we would all be better off. I am a Jew and I do not want any programs to help specifically Jews. I would find that abominable. Just treat everyone fairly. I believe capitalism does that as best it can. Notice how many no longer consider Asians to be minorities and even Harvard is turning them away because of the level of wealth and prosperity they achieved in America...wealthiest class.
Fair points... I brought up golf exactly for the reasons you laid out. You are wrong though it is an amazing game... But it is expensive and it takes a lot of time and thats largely why it is dominated by whites. Yes, Tiger Woods is perhaps the best golfer ever and he is Black. Most other major sports in this country are dominated by Blacks so we know they have incredible athletic ability but they dominate in sports that they can play in their neighborhoods, that don't require expensive equipment, polo shirts, and the kind of expenses that golf and other sports require. It is an example of how money and power effect social standing, access, and opportunity.

I agree with you in the most part when it comes to race specific programs. I think it better to focus programs on income level and impoverished areas. Infrastructure and education being the most important elements. I agree on the importance of the family unit, and I agree that America is still a country that represents equal opportunity for all. That doesn't mean we don't have problems and that we can't do better.

I will make one more point. For generations the power structure has been held by whites. That means whites has the most control over making our laws and regulations and shaping the course of our society. Minorities were systematically oppressed for a long time and have not had the opportunity to grow into the positions of power and wealth as whites. These things take time and often generations to get there. I do support programs that can give voice to these minorities. The kind of voice that those who do have money, wealth and power have. So in that aspect I so support racially focused programs.

Yes I think he will make an effort to give them voice. He already has through the people he has appointed into power within his administration. Kudos for that

So, why the need for "racially focused programs" when Biden is giving them a voice, a very powerful voice and policies and money and blah, blah, blah, already?
Do you think all inequality problems are solved in this nation? Do you think there is equal voice, power and representation in local communities all over this nation? You ask why have racially focused programs... well cause a few presidential appointments doesn't solve the issues. Its a good step but many other steps need to be taken.

I do not think that Biden will be speaking for me. In fact, i think Biden thinks of me as a problem, not a citizen who needs or deserves anything.

Discrimination in favor of one race, is discrimination AGAINST other races, when you are discriminating with limited resources, such as money or access.

You want me to wait until ALL other inequality problems are solved until I am allowed to have a turn at having my interests represented? And that is a qualified maybe anyways?

Biden talks shit about unity. We cannot have unity when government policy is to shit on huge blocs of people, in favor of other large blocs of people.

That is a plan for civil war, not healing.
What are your top 3 interests?

At this point,

1. That the very idea of me having interests, is not taboo.

2. Freedom of speech, so that as oppression increases, we can call it out for what it is.

3. Justice for our political prisoners.
wow, thats very interesting. Doesn't seem like any of those have a tangible effect on the day to day life issues that most people deal with... employment, income, taxes, resources, education, crime, etc.

I'm not dismissing your priorities, just wasn't expecting those to top the list

I personally am financially ok and making my goals.

I do care about the financial outlook for my peers, family and friends who are less secure.

I lumped those more general and less personal interests under number one, in that over the last four years it has been demonstrated that in our society today, it is taboo for me to even state that I have interests as a group that should be considered in policy.

Those minorities you talk of? It is great for them to speak out, or to have someone speak out for them and their interests.

Me? If I say ANYTHING, even simply identifying myself or my group, I am immediately smeared as a wacist and marginalized and shouted down.

Why did you ask your question? What point were you angling towards?

I do not think that Biden will be speaking for me. In fact, i think Biden thinks of me as a problem, not a citizen who needs or deserves anything.

Discrimination in favor of one race, is discrimination AGAINST other races, when you are discriminating with limited resources, such as money or access.

You want me to wait until ALL other inequality problems are solved until I am allowed to have a turn at having my interests represented? And that is a qualified maybe anyways?

Biden talks shit about unity. We cannot have unity when government policy is to shit on huge blocs of people, in favor of other large blocs of people.

At this point,

2. Freedom of speech, so that as oppression increases, we can call it out for what it is.

wow, thats very interesting. Doesn't seem like any of those have a tangible effect on the day to day life issues that most people deal with... employment, income, taxes, resources, education, crime, etc.

I do care about the financial outlook for my peers, family and friends who are less secure.

I lumped those more general and less personal interests under number one, in that over the last four years it has been demonstrated that in our society today, it is taboo for me to even state that I have interests as a group that should be considered in policy.

Those minorities you talk of? It is great for them to speak out, or to have someone speak out for them and their interests.

Me? If I say ANYTHING, even simply identifying myself or my group, I am immediately smeared as a wacist and marginalized and shouted down.

Therein lies the problem. Open communication is frowned upon.

apparently you havent seen recent tuition of higher education.

I have an Sc.D., I am well aware what education costs. There is no excuse for it either, too many professors live like rock stars on obscene salaries while deriding America for "income inequality" and promoting socialism.

Put in a stipulation that any student unable to obtain a job that will fully pay all student debt within 10 years may sue the institution for the full amount.

Watch how fast gender and ethnic studies programs would vanish.

apparently you havent seen recent tuition of higher education.

I have an Sc.D., I am well aware what education costs. There is no excuse for it either, too many professors live like rock stars on obscene salaries while deriding America for "income inequality" and promoting socialism.

Put in a stipulation that any student unable to obtain a job that will fully pay all student debt within 10 years may sue the institution for the full amount.

Watch how fast gender and ethnic studies programs would vanish.
Its pricey because lending companies and the Gov't give loans out like candy. If they stopped doing so then the price of tuition would go down.

Its pricey because lending companies and the Gov't give loans out like candy. If they stopped doing so then the price of tuition would go down.

True. However, the level of compensation of most professors is not consistent with the contribution they provide. A 7 figure annual salary is difficult to justify in the vast majority of cases.

True. However, the level of compensation of most professors is not consistent with the contribution they provide. A 7 figure annual salary is difficult to justify in the vast majority of cases.
100% correct. Those who can't do teach.

There is a difference between spraining your ankle and somebody contributing to it getting sprained. Do you think the sport of Golf is dominated by whites because whites are inherently better at the game or because of another reason? I'll save the back and forth and assume we both know that money and social class play a large roll in it. This is a better example of how privilege plays into our society. Elements of our society that require money or access or higher education are largely dominated by whites. While laws have been put in place to try and eliminate the systemic oppression that was quite literally in our nations laws from its inception till the 1960's you have to be able to recognize that things don't all just change with the signing of legislation. Right?
Do you actually believe that we won't have justice in this country until the black representation in every sport is the same as white representation? Do you imagine we should have quotas in basketball, baseball and football so that white representation is exactly equal to their representation in the general population? That is never going to happen. If you take a look around the world you'll see that different cultures have different skills and abilities. The idea that we all have exactly the same representation is idiotic.

Your premise is fucking stupid, which is just one reason we're tired of your schemes to improve society. They are based on ideas that are clearly wrong, irrational and unjust. They are also oppressive to innocent people who have done nothing to apologize for.

Playing gold doesn't oppress anyone. Neither does playing basketball.

Go fuck yourself, NAZI.
No and No to answer your questions. My point is going over your head and I don't have the patience to explain it to you right now as you always seem to have difficulties understanding basic ideas.
Your point isn't going over my head, NAZI. I'm just not fooled by your bullshit.
Of course that's what you believe. That's why you brought up the fact that black people don't win golf tournaments. Now you're ashamed that you mentioned it.
Did I say Black people don't win golf tournaments?! haha, can you post that quote? No you can't because you're lying again. Go away troll, you're not good at this game.
You're changing the subject because you're ashamed of your blatant racism.
Seriously dude... get a life
ROFL! That's loser talk, NAZI.
I don't really care if the troll with the hitler photo in his footer thinks im a loser. I'd actually prefer you think I'm a loser. Means I'm on the right side.
You're on the wrong side, loser. You're on the side of the Reich.

The Nebraska GOP can censure him - But at their own peril.
And he is SO right ... Many Trump supporters have abandoned their religion for politics.

Personality cults aren't conservative
Conspiracy theories aren't conservative
Lying that an election has been stolen is not conservative
Acting like politics is a religion isn't conservative
Politics isn't about the weird worship of one dude
We're going to have to choose between conservatism and madness

If you want to know who the DemoKKKrats have dirt on, look to these anti-Trump Republicans. We already found out the Trump haters at the Lincoln Project are pedophiles.

I think they exist because we keep pointing them out and yelling that its racism. Could it be cultural? Could it be due to lack of a two parent household? Why are immigrant blacks on par with whites when it comes to income and wealth generation? It has less to do with color and a lot more with culture. Namely the aforementioned single parenthood. Something it seems as though our politicians want as it keeps poor people dependent on them and forces them to vote for them.
I agree that there is much in the culture that proagates problems. I don't know how politicians effect the amount of parents in a household. Again to me, education and infrastructure are the most important areas of focus. Representation is also important though especially for people who have felt ignored, oppressed, minimized, prejudged and overlooked.
Easy...they give you free money for having kids and being unemployed. Self fulfilling prophecy. One of my best friends who is also black told me this about the political parties.

"One group wants to treat blacks like infants and tell them what's best while using them as a weapon. The other wants to pretend like they don't exist as a distinct group and they are just worse of as a group because of incompetence"

My response was "Which is worse"

His retort: "The first but both suck"
Haha, I’d agree with your friends statement.... but I really don’t think people are making life decisions like having kids and getting married based on what politicians do.

At this point,

I didn't have an angle. I was just curious about what your priorities were. I am still a little confused though. Lets say your number 1 and 2 were resolved and you could speak out freely and openly without feeling judged or censored... What would you be speaking out for? Number 3? Political prisoners?

At this point,

What elements of our society/politics do you think are discouraging open communication and why?

There is a difference between spraining your ankle and somebody contributing to it getting sprained. Do you think the sport of Golf is dominated by whites because whites are inherently better at the game or because of another reason? I'll save the back and forth and assume we both know that money and social class play a large roll in it. This is a better example of how privilege plays into our society. Elements of our society that require money or access or higher education are largely dominated by whites. While laws have been put in place to try and eliminate the systemic oppression that was quite literally in our nations laws from its inception till the 1960's you have to be able to recognize that things don't all just change with the signing of legislation. Right?
Do you actually believe that we won't have justice in this country until the black representation in every sport is the same as white representation? Do you imagine we should have quotas in basketball, baseball and football so that white representation is exactly equal to their representation in the general population? That is never going to happen. If you take a look around the world you'll see that different cultures have different skills and abilities. The idea that we all have exactly the same representation is idiotic.

Your premise is fucking stupid, which is just one reason we're tired of your schemes to improve society. They are based on ideas that are clearly wrong, irrational and unjust. They are also oppressive to innocent people who have done nothing to apologize for.

Go fuck yourself, NAZI.
No and No to answer your questions. My point is going over your head and I don't have the patience to explain it to you right now as you always seem to have difficulties understanding basic ideas.
Your point isn't going over my head, NAZI. I'm just not fooled by your bullshit.
Of course that's what you believe. That's why you brought up the fact that black people don't win golf tournaments. Now you're ashamed that you mentioned it.
Did I say Black people don't win golf tournaments?! haha, can you post that quote? No you can't because you're lying again. Go away troll, you're not good at this game.
I don't really care if the troll with the hitler photo in his footer thinks im a loser. I'd actually prefer you think I'm a loser. Means I'm on the right side.
Thanks for letting me know... I don't believe you

At this point,

What elements of our society/politics do you think are discouraging open communication and why?
#1) Social Media. If I go on FB and or Twitter and post "DJT was a great President" I will likely get called a racist like 100x and maybe worse.

#2) Places of employment. My wife cannot say how she feels unless it's leftist mantra.

#3) Even families have been torn apart. My niece won't speak with her dad because he voted for Trump.

Three examples right there

These idiots throw the word "Nazi" around so much and so inaccurately that it loses all meaning

They do the same with "Marxist" and "commie"

They might as well be saying "doodoo head".
Oh, it's entirely accurate. The paralels are uncanny. Just take the Democrat's Reichstag fire. We're hearing all the same hysterical rhetoric the NAZIs spewed after the original Reichstag fire. The Democrat Reich has repeatedly threatened to lock up anyone who disputes its version of the facts.

The only people involved in the Jan 6 terrorist attack was right wing Trump terrorists. There is no doubt what happened. You are enemies of this country.
There was no terrorist attack. The hysteria Dems are drumming up is utterly absurd. We all know it's fake, and they know it.

You are the faker. Trump used the same lines Hitler did in his rise to power.

Last edited:

Go fuck yourself, NAZI.
Thanks for letting me know... I don't believe you
The Reich is long dead thanks to my ancestors

These idiots throw the word "Nazi" around so much and so inaccurately that it loses all meaning

Oh, it's entirely accurate. The paralels are uncanny. Just take the Democrat's Reichstag fire. We're hearing all the same hysterical rhetoric the NAZIs spewed after the original Reichstag fire. The Democrat Reich has repeatedly threatened to lock up anyone who disputes its version of the facts.

The only people involved in the Jan 6 terrorist attack was right wing Trump terrorists. There is no doubt what happened. You are enemies of this country.
You and the Biden admin are the enemies of this country. Now you're trying to pull a coup and impose a one party state.

No one is fooled, NAZI.

You are the ones doing that. Georgia is a swing state now. Arizona is a swing state now. Democrats knocked another point and a half off in Texas.

You just tried a coup. NAZI.

There was no terrorist attack. The hysteria Dems are drumming up is utterly absurd. We all know it's fake, and they know it.

You are the4 faker. Trump used the same lines Hitler did in his rise to power.

DERP.

1612823679562.png

At this point,

#1) Social Media. If I go on FB and or Twitter and post "DJT was a great President" I will likely get called a racist like 100x and maybe worse.

#2) Places of employment. My wife cannot say how she feels unless it's leftist mantra.

#3) Even families have been torn apart. My niece won't speak with her dad because he voted for Trump.

Three examples right there

Trump has done a very good job of dividing this country.

Forum List

Back