Ben Stein Stumps Richard Dawkins.

Atheist Scientist Converts To Christianity:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK7g5nz3tUc]Atheist Scientist Becomes Christian After Researching Evidence - Hugh Ross, PhD - YouTube[/ame]

I hate to break it to you, but a PhD doesn't mean someone is a genius; it just means someone got through grad school.

Gerry Bouw has a PhD in astronomy from Case Western Reserve University. He's also a geocentrist. Does his having a PhD and studying mean the sun really orbits the Earth or is the PhD just a non-issue and the guy in a crackpot?

While we're on the subject, is your guy cancelled out if I provide an ex-theist who decided Christianity is just a myth? At the end of the day does the list with the most names win?

Great Video. Creation is a Scientific Fact: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dlsw9wsN60]Creation is a Scientific Fact (MUST SEE!) - YouTube[/ame]

I hate to break it to you, but a PhD doesn't mean someone is a genius; it just means someone got through grad school.

Gerry Bouw has a PhD in astronomy from Case Western Reserve University. He's also a geocentrist. Does his having a PhD and studying mean the sun really orbits the Earth or is the PhD just a non-issue and the guy in a crackpot?

While we're on the subject, is your guy cancelled out if I provide an ex-theist who decided Christianity is just a myth? At the end of the day does the list with the most names win?

You're just jealous. Pray for truth. Knock and the door shall be opened unto you.

You're just jealous. Pray for truth. Knock and the door shall be opened unto you.

Of course it will.

Of course it will.

Did for me. Christ promises that if you sincerely seek Him He is faithful to answer your prayer.

A song of the Israelites against Edom and the Babylonians who had persecuted her (Israel). It sings of God's wrath against the enemies of His chosen. It's not a command for Christians under the New Covenant.

Nevertheless, you change the subject of the OP -- that is, an avowed atheist believes in the possibility of God.

Did you ever get around to finding evidence of energy creating a universe? I'm still waiting.

However it is an example from the bible where it is not wrong to kill babies.

How about another one that even YOU can't deny is a command:

Ez 9: 5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women

First, I didn't make that statement. Second, comparing abortion to an Old Testament song is apples and oranges. The tenets of the Old Covenant are very different than the tenets of the New Covenant. The New replaced the Old. That truth is found throughout the New Testament.
So now there are two different Gods, the old and the new replacement, and only the New Testament is true and the Old Testament is false.

However it is an example from the bible where it is not wrong to kill babies.

How about another one that even YOU can't deny is a command:

Ez 9: 5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women

First, I didn't make that statement. Second, comparing abortion to an Old Testament song is apples and oranges. The tenets of the Old Covenant are very different than the tenets of the New Covenant. The New replaced the Old. That truth is found throughout the New Testament.
So now there are two different Gods, the old and the new replacement, and only the New Testament is true and the Old Testament is false.

No, God just changed his mind. Although it does beg the question why God wouldn't have made a decision and stuck with it prior to making the universe. Instead of giving humans free will and then punishing humans for using the free will God gave them and then sacrificing Himself to Himself to appease Himself for our using the free will he gave us, why not just skip the whole process and give us forgiveness right from the beginning.

No, God just changed his mind. Although it does beg the question why God wouldn't have made a decision and stuck with it prior to making the universe. Instead of giving humans free will and then punishing humans for using the free will God gave them and then sacrificing Himself to Himself to appease Himself for our using the free will he gave us, why not just skip the whole process and give us forgiveness right from the beginning.

He changed His Covenant agreement. He showed His merciful side and opened the door to salvation to all of mankind (not just Israel) and He paid the price for our sin and paid our penalty which was death.

Atheist Scientist Converts To Christianity:

Encyclopedia of American Loons: Search results for Hugh Ross

Ross has even granted that Intelligent Design per today is not a scientific hypothesis and should not be taught in schools. Luckily, he does have his own “testable” version at hand. His view of testability is peculiar, by the way: He claims that “UFO's come from the Devil”, and points out that it can be tested as follows: “according to the Bible” demons only attack people who dip into the occult and make themsleves vulnerable. Hence, “[a]ll that is necessary to further prove the conclusions of demonic involvement […] is to continue surveying people to ascertain who has encounters with residual UFO's and who does not.

Great Video. Creation is a Scientific Fact: Creation is a Scientific Fact (MUST SEE!) - YouTube

Did you ever notice when Creationists debate both sides of a question, the Creationist always wins?

There were so many errors, falsehoods and misrepresentations in that video that I don't know where to begin.

Let us start with one I already nailed you on earlier in this thread. No thing created everything from nothing is YOUR position, not science. Science does not claim the universe began from nothing, science claims the universe of energy can neither be created nor destroyed and this universe of energy is what went bang at the Big Bang causing time to begin. Time has a beginning not energy.

Your video also misrepresents the Second Law of Thermodynamics to claim that the universe will eventually die a heat death when all the energy of the universe will be converted to heat and there will be no energy to do work. For this heat death to occur all motion must stop as kinetic energy, the energy of motion, can do work. However the Third Law of Thermodynamics says that there is no temperature at which all motion stops (absolute zero).

Another fallacy is the crap about all explosions causing a reduction in order. While something in the path of the force released by an explosion may be damaged to the point of greater disorder, many times the product produced by the explosion is more complex and more highly ordered. For example, if you mix H2 and O2 together there is an explosion and H2O is produced, a molecule more complex than either of its components.

I could go on, but I know I'm wasting my time with you, but I would say that to me, the fact that Creationists have to deliberately misrepresent science to "disprove" it is by far and away the best argument for the validity of science!!!!

Forum List

Back