Ben Stein Stumps Richard Dawkins.

So now there are two different Gods, the old and the new replacement, and only the New Testament is true and the Old Testament is false.

No, God just changed his mind. Although it does beg the question why God wouldn't have made a decision and stuck with it prior to making the universe. Instead of giving humans free will and then punishing humans for using the free will God gave them and then sacrificing Himself to Himself to appease Himself for our using the free will he gave us, why not just skip the whole process and give us forgiveness right from the beginning.

He changed His Covenant agreement. He showed His merciful side and opened the door to salvation to all of mankind (not just Israel) and He paid the price for our sin and paid our penalty which was death.
And what or who is to stop him from changing it yet again?

Isn't it morally bankrupt for a person to allow an innocent to be punished, especially by death, in the guilty person's place?

Can anything be more Satanic than punishing an innocent in place of the guilty, no matter how much the innocent is willing????

Ben Stein is a economist and a humorist. Jewish. Why doesn't he explore this same line with devout Muslims? Yeah. Question faith. I do.

Last edited:

I hate to break it to you, but a PhD doesn't mean someone is a genius; it just means someone got through grad school.

Gerry Bouw has a PhD in astronomy from Case Western Reserve University. He's also a geocentrist. Does his having a PhD and studying mean the sun really orbits the Earth or is the PhD just a non-issue and the guy in a crackpot?

While we're on the subject, is your guy cancelled out if I provide an ex-theist who decided Christianity is just a myth? At the end of the day does the list with the most names win?

The "winners" are them who enter into eternal life.

The list of them who don't enter is much greater than the list of them who do.

Matthew 7:13-14, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

I hate to break it to you, but a PhD doesn't mean someone is a genius; it just means someone got through grad school.

Gerry Bouw has a PhD in astronomy from Case Western Reserve University. He's also a geocentrist. Does his having a PhD and studying mean the sun really orbits the Earth or is the PhD just a non-issue and the guy in a crackpot?

While we're on the subject, is your guy cancelled out if I provide an ex-theist who decided Christianity is just a myth? At the end of the day does the list with the most names win?

Matthew 7:13-14, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

So your God fails more than he succeeds!

Ben Stein is a economist and a humorist. Jewish. Why doesn't he explore this same line with devout Muslims? Yeah. Question faith. I do.

Perhaps he has. But Muslims would claim to believe in God so that would defeat the purpose of this particular thread -- to cause an avowed, renowned atheist to admit the possibility of God.

Richard Dawkins believes that the liklihood of God's non-existence is somewhere between 49% and 98% (although he stammered all over the place when pressed for a precise number). So even in his mind he leaves a possibility that God may very well exist and he's the A-number-one spokesman for all atheists.

So your God fails more than he succeeds!

His creation fails far more than it succeeds. He gave them a chance to choose wisely but they chose the foolish path. He's never forced anyone to follow His path.

No, God just changed his mind. Although it does beg the question why God wouldn't have made a decision and stuck with it prior to making the universe. Instead of giving humans free will and then punishing humans for using the free will God gave them and then sacrificing Himself to Himself to appease Himself for our using the free will he gave us, why not just skip the whole process and give us forgiveness right from the beginning.

He changed His Covenant agreement. He showed His merciful side and opened the door to salvation to all of mankind (not just Israel) and He paid the price for our sin and paid our penalty which was death.

Isn't it morally bankrupt for a person to allow an innocent to be punished, especially by death, in the guilty person's place?

Can anything be more Satanic than punishing an innocent in place of the guilty, no matter how much the innocent is willing????

He's God. He could change it any time He wants. But the first Mosaic Covenant was conditional from the very start. He promised certain blessings IF the Israelites would follow His specific laws. They failed to do so. Therefore, He kept His promise to remove His blessings if they turned from Him.

Perhaps he has. But Muslims would claim to believe in God so that would defeat the purpose of this particular thread -- to cause an avowed, renowned atheist to admit the possibility of God.

An avowed, renowned atheist might admit the possibility of a god or gods, just not your gods.

Richard Dawkins believes that the liklihood of God's non-existence is somewhere between 49% and 98% (although he stammered all over the place when pressed for a precise number). So even in his mind he leaves a possibility that God may very well exist and he's the A-number-one spokesman for all atheists.
It could be that the A-number-one spokesman for all atheists leaves open the possibility of a god or gods, just not your gods.

You may wish to check with Jimmy "let me pull my pants up" Swaggert, the A-number-one spokesman for all young earth creationists for advise on the above.

Last edited:
Another strike.
Transubstantiation isn't in the bible.
It's a Catholic doctrine.
You are a disaster.
I don't recall saying it was in the Bible......look closer, can you see me saying that anywhere?......now, here's an important one for you......how many animals were in the Garden of Eden......(personally I don't care, but Hollie really wants to know)......on this issue rests the entire doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church......

Then this is a totally senseless post of yours, as we were talking about your obvious unfamiliarity with scripture.
What is your point, then, of posting a completely random post? To try to change the subject?
Well, I guess I can't blame you.

I'm quite certain....(wait, let me check).....yes, quite certain that my point was that there is absolutely no relevance to any doctrine of my faith that rests on who Sarah's father was.....nor on how many horses Solomon owned or how many animals there were in the Garden.....thus your claims of my unfamiliarity with Scriptures carries less weight than the typical butterfly flapping its wings in Brazil, because its efforts will at least cause a hurricane somewhere, someday......

I'm a young earth Christian (Bible literalist) and believe that the first pure religion was Adam's relationship with God, the Creator. There were no barriers or traditions to separate Adam from God. The Bible states that the Creator is Christ (Colossians 1:16). The Bible also states that Christ is the Word and that "in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word WAS God" (John 1:1). Therefore, Christ was from the beginning which means that Adam believed in Christ.

Also, the God that the Israelites followed was also Christ:

1 Corinthians 10:1-4, "Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

No other religion on earth preceded God's first contact with man which occurred in the Garden of Eden.
And before Eve was created there was no sin separating Adam from God either! Adam, a biblical archetype who represents all mankind in Genesis, was the only man to know what it's like to be without sin, in a state of physical perfection, and one with God in paradise.

Which brings up an interesting situation.

As you know Adam as the agent of original sin represents all mankind.
And mankind did not fall and become separated from God by sin through Adam's eating the forbidden fruit until AFTER Eve was created.

So if we go back chronologically to a time BEFORE Eve was created we have a period of time where Adam was in a heavenly state of physical perfection, without sin, in paradise and in spiritual oneness with God.

But even though Adam was without sin and one with God, God himself said that Adam was so "alone" it was "not good."

Gen 2: 18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

So how could Adam have been so "alone" it was "not good" BEFORE he was separated from God by sin??????
God saw Adam was lacking a mate and created Eve, but how could Adam have been lacking anything while he was without sin and one with God??????

Now as you know, we will not have a mate in heaven, only sinless oneness with God.

Matthew 22: 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

So who in their right mind would want to spend an eternity in heaven so "alone" it's "not good?"

Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate.
- David Pratt

Heaven will be no heaven to me if I do not meet my wife there.
Andrew Jackson

I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.
- Isaac Asimov

Yep. Another of the deep contradictions that define genesis. Similar to the gods creating a test for A&E that he knew they would fail, the fable later suffers from internal contradictions by different authors.

lol....

Why doesn't Ed Stein interview rabbis about where god was during the holocaust? What was that all about anyway? Jews put god on trial during the holocaust. And, well, it didn't matter. You believe in spite. But Muslims on the other hand, they REQUIRE you believe. There is no freedom of religion in Muslim countries. Meanwhile back at the ranch...God gave us free will, then condemns us for using it. That is what Catholicism teaches. I don't care anymore. If there really is a GOD, the proof is subtle and hard to find. A stuttering atheist isn't proof. Pedophile priests, suicidal jihadist Muslims kidnapping innocent girls...speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Matthew 22: 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

So who in their right mind would want to spend an eternity in heaven so "alone" it's "not good?"

oh look, apple!....there's an orange!.....

before Adam, there were no humans....before Eve, there was one.....one person can be alone......unless there is only one human in heaven, that human will not be alone.....the fact that there is no need for "marriage" in heaven doesn't mean that we will be alone.....

And before Eve was created there was no sin separating Adam from God either! Adam, a biblical archetype who represents all mankind in Genesis, was the only man to know what it's like to be without sin, in a state of physical perfection, and one with God in paradise.

Which brings up an interesting situation.

As you know Adam as the agent of original sin represents all mankind.
And mankind did not fall and become separated from God by sin through Adam's eating the forbidden fruit until AFTER Eve was created.

So if we go back chronologically to a time BEFORE Eve was created we have a period of time where Adam was in a heavenly state of physical perfection, without sin, in paradise and in spiritual oneness with God.

But even though Adam was without sin and one with God, God himself said that Adam was so "alone" it was "not good."

Gen 2: 18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

So how could Adam have been so "alone" it was "not good" BEFORE he was separated from God by sin??????
God saw Adam was lacking a mate and created Eve, but how could Adam have been lacking anything while he was without sin and one with God??????

Now as you know, we will not have a mate in heaven, only sinless oneness with God.

Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate.
- David Pratt

Heaven will be no heaven to me if I do not meet my wife there.
Andrew Jackson

I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.
- Isaac Asimov

Yep. Another of the deep contradictions that define genesis. Similar to the gods creating a test for A&E that he knew they would fail, the fable later suffers from internal contradictions by different authors.

lol....

Your usual meaningless, piffle.

before Adam, there were no humans....before Eve, there was one.....one person can be alone......unless there is only one human in heaven, that human will not be alone.....the fact that there is no need for "marriage" in heaven doesn't mean that we will be alone.....

It's a fable. Get over it.

By the way Holly, is "energy" your god like it seems to be for everyone else?

All you have done is taken energy and given it a human personality and called it God.

Energy has always existed and everything in the universe comes from it.
Energy exists in three forms, kinetic (the father), potential (the son), and heat (the spirit).

So your God is nothing but personified energy.

nailing energy to a cross....now THAT would be an interesting science experiment!........

Psalms 137: 9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

A song of the Israelites against Edom and the Babylonians who had persecuted her (Israel). It sings of God's wrath against the enemies of His chosen. It's not a command for Christians under the New Covenant.

Nevertheless, you change the subject of the OP -- that is, an avowed atheist believes in the possibility of God.

Did you ever get around to finding evidence of energy creating a universe? I'm still waiting.

However it is an example from the bible where it is not wrong to kill babies.

actually no....it would be an example of an Israelite king extremely angry at the Babylonians.....that verse isn't the voice of God speaking....its the voice of someone entreating God to exact revenge on his enemies.....

science claims the universe of energy can neither be created nor destroyed and this universe of energy is what went bang at the Big Bang causing time to begin. Time has a beginning not energy.

/raises hand.....if all we needed for the Big Bang was energy and the energy was there before the Big Bang, why didn't the Big Bang happen before the Big Bang?......I put it to you that in fact, something had to change in order for there to be a Big Bang........

recall that the innocent you are referring to is the guy you're blaming for the act.....

It's a fable. Get over it.

go away, child...I'm having a conversation with someone who's posted something new....I'm bored with your repetitive dribble.....

Forum List

Back