Ben Stein Stumps Richard Dawkins.

Family-Feud-Richard-Dawson.jpg

How hard is it to stump this guy?

Richard Dawkins is arguably one of the most anti-God individuals on planet earth (although there's even hope for him). I enjoyed this short clip of Ben Stein causing Dawkins to stammer and stutter. Dawkins ultimately leaves an opening (even using his logic) for the existence of God.

Richard Dawkins not sure if God exists - YouTube

You left out the part where Dawkins was lured to the interview under false pretenses (he doesn't appear in pro-creationist fluff and was lied to by Ben Stein to get on camera in the first place) as were the rest of the scientists in that film. Dawkins reaction is less Stein stumping Dawkins so much as it is Dawkins realizing what's going on.

Expelled Exposed: Why Expelled Flunks » Questionable Interview Tactics

Has no bearing on the fact that Dawkins admitted a possibility of God. I can't speak to Ben Stein's methodology.

Richard Dawkins is arguably one of the most anti-God individuals on planet earth (although there's even hope for him). I enjoyed this short clip of Ben Stein causing Dawkins to stammer and stutter. Dawkins ultimately leaves an opening (even using his logic) for the existence of God.

Richard Dawkins not sure if God exists - YouTube

You left out the part where Dawkins was lured to the interview under false pretenses (he doesn't appear in pro-creationist fluff and was lied to by Ben Stein to get on camera in the first place) as were the rest of the scientists in that film. Dawkins reaction is less Stein stumping Dawkins so much as it is Dawkins realizing what's going on.

Has no bearing on the fact that Dawkins admitted a possibility of God. I can't speak to Ben Stein's methodology.
There is a possibility for many gods. You have one version of gods which predominate in your familial surroundings and geographic location. Others within different surroundings and geographic locations have vastly different configurations of gods.

All of those gods and to include gods that will eventually replace your gods are all possible.

It's false to suggest your gods are the only possible gods.

There is a possibility for many gods. You have one version of gods which predominate in your familial surroundings and geographic location. Others within different surroundings and geographic locations have vastly different configurations of gods.

All of those gods and to include gods that will eventually replace your gods are all possible.

I only have one God as there can only be one God. All else and others falls under Him and His jurisdiction.

There can only be one First Cause. The First Cause could not have been caused else it would be the second cause. So, there can only be one that that One is eternal.

I only have one God as there can only be one God. All else and others falls under Him and His jurisdiction.

There can only be one First Cause. The First Cause could not have been caused else it would be the second cause. So, there can only be one that that One is eternal.

I think you will find that believers in other gods will make the same argument for their gods as you have for yours. In addition, there's no reason to accept your claim that there can only be one God. History proves you wrong as there have been many gods who have served their tenures and eventually retired or were let go. All of those gods as "real" as your gods.

There's no reason why your gods can't be subordinate to and under the jurisdiction of Ganesha, Shiva, Lakshmi, etc.

Created gods are gods created by man. Lennox argument gives legitimacy to ever god and goddess ever thought up by man. That includes nativist spirits, the 100 or so Hindu gods, and the gods of greek mythology. The problem with this argument is that I can go out, and redefine god as anything I want and Lennox argument will hold for me even if I know that I made this god up.

Yes, a created god is a delusion, Lennox. What Dawkins is suggesting is that the God of Abraham was a creation of Abraham! In other words, the Gods that Jews, Christians and Muslims believe in is a delusion. Remember, because you may believe other people gods were created does not exclude the idea that your god was created as well.

By the way, I liked the discussion Lennox made about "2 marks on a cave wall". However, I disagree with Lennox argument based on the fact that an unfounded assumption was made. His argument concerning symbolism and detecting it suggests that every pattern we see has a conscious intelligence behind its creation. Not true. We are assuming an intelligence behind it. That is a belief, and may not reflect the actual reality of why we are able to see a pattern.

In other words, 2 marks on the wall could just be two random marks on the wall in which we see a pattern in, but has no other purpose than they just exist.

Great listen! Dawkins vs. Lennox Debate (very short version): WHO CREATED GOD ?? LENNOX OBLITERATES DAWKINS AND HIS 2006 BEST SELLER

Did you notice that the video was edited so that any comments by Richard Dawkins were never included?

Do you consider a debate that only provides a one-sided presentation of data to be a debate?

Don't you think it's fraudulent and dishonest that your claim to present a debate edits out half the discussion?

I think you will find that believers in other gods will make the same argument for their gods as you have for yours. In addition, there's no reason to accept your claim that there can only be one God. History proves you wrong as there have been many gods who have served their tenures and eventually retired or were let go. All of those gods as "real" as your gods.

There's no reason why your gods can't be subordinate to and under the jurisdiction of Ganesha, Shiva, Lakshmi, etc.
Have any returned the dead back to life? Christ came back from the dead. Can you name anyone that was brought back from the dead by any other gods?

One God took away the sins of the world, then came back to prove He was God. What have all the other gods accomplished? What good have they done for you lately?

Last edited:

I've actually spoken (debated) with pagans in the past and they haven't made such arguments. But if you really study pagan religions you will find that many of their believes were borrowed from the ancient Mosaic religion as well as modern Christianity.

I've actually spoken (debated) with pagans in the past and they haven't made such arguments. But if you really study pagan religions you will find that many of their believes were borrowed from the ancient Mosaic religion as well as modern Christianity.
And others predate those traditions. Others have no semblance of those traditions. What you WILL find is many of the stories in the bible have their roots in ancient pagan religions and are simply regurgitated anew.
Fail.

Last edited:

Have any returned the dead back to life? Christ came back from the dead. Can you name anyone that was brought back from the dead by any other gods?

One God took away the sins of the world, then came back to prove He was God. What have all the other gods accomplished? What good have they done for you lately?

10 Resurrected Religious Figures - Listverse

This will show you ten resurrection myths.

You can deny that there were fully formed religions and many gods before your religion and your gods but that would indicate you're living a delusion.

You have your rather confused version of reality inverted. Modern Christianity is the distillation and incorporation of Greek theology, Roman paganism, co-option of Hebrew texts, etc.

If you believe otherwise, then you simply have no clue regarding any religion other than your own. Of course, that would be no surprise. But I assure you, you cannot just arbitrarily declare that Christianity was not preceded by Buddhism, or Hinduism or a long list of other religions and gods.

The Romans had no less faith in the auspices found in lighting from a clear sky or the conformation of the entrails of a goat than you have in Arks. Go figure.

And Muhammad ascended to heaven on a golden staircase.

"Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat."

Actually, there are more than just 10. When Christ rose from the dead many graves were opened:

Matthew 27:52, "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,"

Then, there are many cases of folks who were declared dead on the operating table but came back to life so those types of phenomena do happen. In fact, it's scientifically proven. That being the case, science actually defends Christ's resurrection as being scientifically possible.

There were eyewitness accounts of Christ's resurrection and, later, His ascension.

There were eyewitness accounts of Christ's resurrection and, later, His ascension.

Yep. And there are eyewitness accounts of Bigfoot, Nessie, space alien abductions, too.

Actually, there are more than just 10. When Christ rose from the dead many graves were opened:

Matthew 27:52, "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,"

Then, there are many cases of folks who were declared dead on the operating table but came back to life so those types of phenomena do happen. In fact, it's scientifically proven. That being the case, science actually defends Christ's resurrection as being scientifically possible.

That's so silly.

Forum List

Back