Berkeley's students are an embarrassment to progressivism

The rightwing is right when they say those Berkeley student protestors are snowflakes. It's amazing to me how college students rarely have any self-awareness to how hypocritical and nauseating they come across a lot of the time. I do stress, however, that these college students don't represent the leftwing - they are just wannabe lefties.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- "The Friends of Voltaire"

Gee, I suppose you need to move to Telegraph Ave in Berkeley to defend Coulter's right to be an agent provocateur. The fact is, agent provocateurs & anarchists gravitate to CAL, infiltrate peaceful protests and light fires, toss rocks and engage anyone - police or student - sometimes using violence. They are mostly street people, ne'er do wells, who seem to seek some reason for their existence. Getting press makes them feel special.

Coulter has one mission in life, to be seen, to be heard and to make money. She's bright and well educated, but not all bright and well educated people are honest, moral or sincere. There's a sucker born every minute, and Coulter makes use of this trite but truthful expression.

Those who believe this ^^^, exercise their right to peacefully protest, those who don't ask her to speak. A protest is not an effort to censor, it is simply an expression of the right to offer a rebuttal, for her speech is always the same.

Again she was invited...

Of course. By the campus Republican Club. Does it surprise you that CAL is an open public campus? Open to all notwithstanding their color or creed. And that some might enjoy hearing from Coulter, and/or others hoped for the reaction of the press for her appearance.

Face it, she's not a visiting authority/professor or Noble Laureate - CAL has plenty:

UC Berkeley Nobel Prize Winners

She is a rabble-rouser, she speaks with the intention of inflaming the emotions of a crowd of people, typically for political reasons, self aggrandizement and/or money. It's her schtike, like Limbaugh, Alex Jones, et al, who have never put themselves in harms way.

The rightwing is right when they say those Berkeley student protestors are snowflakes. It's amazing to me how college students rarely have any self-awareness to how hypocritical and nauseating they come across a lot of the time. I do stress, however, that these college students don't represent the leftwing - they are just wannabe lefties.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I agree. I don't understand what "ANTIwhatever" is trying to do, but as a leftist I certainly don't support that crap. Some one needs to come down hard on them - violence, distruction etc is not "free speech" nor is prohibiting the right of others to excersize free speech.

Black bloc - Wikipedia
Black bloc - Wikipedia
A black bloc is a name given to groups of protesters who wear black clothing, scarves, sunglasses, ski masks, motorcycle helmets with padding, or other ...
1999 Seattle WTO protests · ‎Autonomism · ‎Red bloc · ‎Green Mountain Anarchist ...
Inside the black bloc militant protest movement as it rises up against ...
www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-black-bloc-20170212-story.html
Feb 12, 2017 - So-called black bloc protesters, long a force in Oakland, bring their radical, violent tactics to the massive protest movement sparked by the ...
Inside the Black Bloc Protest Strategy That Shut Down Berkeley
www.newsweek.com/.../berkeley-protest-milo-yiannopoulos-black-bloc-556264.html
Feb 14, 2017 - It was the first black bloc for Neil Lawrence, a third-year undergraduate student at the University of California, Berkeley. He had demonstrated ...
'Black bloc' protests return for Trump era, leaving flames, broken ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../black-bloc-protests-return-for-trump-era-leaving-fla...
Feb 2, 2017 - Black-clad, black-masked activists have been more visible than usual in recent months, but the “black bloc” protesting is nothing new.
While MSM Focuses on Insignificant Alt-Right, They Should Be All ...
https://townhall.com/.../while-msm-focuses-on-insignificant-altright-they-should-be-al...
3 days ago - Since the election, the Black Bloc has become a major disrupter in our country yet it is barely written or spoken about..04/25/2017 12:45:36PM ...
Unmasking The Black Bloc: Who They Are, What They Do, How They ...
www.occupy.com/.../unmasking-black-bloc-who-they-are-what-they-do-how-they-work
To begin to discuss black blocs, there must first be an understanding of what a black bloc is.

And of the estimated 150 that showed up in their little ninja consumes there was one arrest. The Berkley cops enabled these assholes.
They broke 3 windows and scorched a sidewalk. WAYYY Overblown in dupe world. The dupes think there are riots everywhere lol...

You forgot burning a vehicle and tearing down police barricades. Why were these masked adults not arrested before they ever got close to the event?
BPD: Few injuries, extensive property damage, but no ... - Berkeleyside
www.berkeleyside.com/.../berkeley-police-injuries-extensive-property-damage-no-arr...
Feb 2, 2017 - Property damage in downtown Berkeley after the Milo event was canceled. .... Early estimates of damage at UC Berkeley are at approximately ..... turn what was a non-violent protest into a violent riot, discredit the protestors, then disappear. .... because the police never seem to arrest the actualvandals.

"Later in the night, the agitators rampaged through downtown Berkeley, damaging numerous banks, a Starbucks, and branches of other national chains. John Caner, head of the Downtown Berkeley Association, said there was an estimated $400,000-$500,000 worth of damage to downtown. There was also some vandalism on Telegraph Avenue, including graffiti, according to Stuart Baker, head of the Telegraph Business Improvement District, but it was relatively minor."

FBI investigating identities of black-clad UC Berkeley rioters — Berkeleyside

Peaceful protests don't cause $400-$500K worth of damage, riots do.
Anarchist a-holes, not Dems. And blown out off all proportion so most of the dupes think it it's a nationwide nonstop riot lol...not just crazy anarchists in Berkeley and Seattle and gangstas in ghettos ...

Including GRAFFITTI!!! Stupid a-holes that Dems are against too...like your Nazis, militias etc out destroying Jewish cemeteries and black churches etc etc. Both sides should condemn and fight these a-holes instead of just trying to make political points. Especially the giant RW hate/bs propaganda machine. Which we don't have.

Last edited:
And of the estimated 150 that showed up in their little ninja consumes there was one arrest. The Berkley cops enabled these assholes.
They broke 3 windows and scorched a sidewalk. WAYYY Overblown in dupe world. The dupes think there are riots everywhere lol...

You forgot burning a vehicle and tearing down police barricades. Why were these masked adults not arrested before they ever got close to the event?
www.berkeleyside.com/.../berkeley-police-injuries-extensive-property-damage-no-arr...
Feb 2, 2017 - Property damage in downtown Berkeley after the Milo event was canceled. .... Early estimates of damage at UC Berkeley are at approximately ..... turn what was a non-violent protest into a violent riot, discredit the protestors, then disappear. .... because the police never seem to arrest the actualvandals.

"Later in the night, the agitators rampaged through downtown Berkeley, damaging numerous banks, a Starbucks, and branches of other national chains. John Caner, head of the Downtown Berkeley Association, said there was an estimated $400,000-$500,000 worth of damage to downtown. There was also some vandalism on Telegraph Avenue, including graffiti, according to Stuart Baker, head of the Telegraph Business Improvement District, but it was relatively minor."

Anarchist a-holes, not Dems. And blown out off all proportion so most of the dupes think it it's a nationwide nonstop riot lol...not just crazy anarchists and gangstas...

Including GRAFFITTI!!! Stupid a-holes Dems are against too...like your Nazis, militias etc out destroying Lewish cemeteries and back churches etc etc. Both sides should condemn and fight these a-holes instead of just trying to make political points. Especially the giant RW hate/bs propaganda machine. Which we don't have.

It's been nationwide nonstop riots since Obama's 2nd term started. That's his legacy, more riots in 4 years than the previous 40.

Well, Ann Coulter's not going to Berkeley now, the police there were told to stand down unless someone got killed. I would not want to be a citizen in that city.

Anarchist a-holes, not Dems. And blown out off all proportion so most of the dupes think it it's a nationwide nonstop riot lol...not just crazy anarchists and gangstas...

Including GRAFFITTI!!! Stupid a-holes Dems are against too...like your Nazis, militias etc out destroying Lewish cemeteries and back churches etc etc. Both sides should condemn and fight these a-holes instead of just trying to make political points. Especially the giant RW hate/bs propaganda machine. Which we don't have.

It's been nationwide nonstop riots since Obama's 2nd term started. That's his legacy, more riots in 4 years than the previous 40.

Well, Ann Coulter's not going to Berkeley now, the police there were told to stand down unless someone got killed. I would not want to be a citizen in that city.
Anne's a silly a-hole who'll say or do anything to make a buck. Non stop riots?!? Only on Fox and Rush, dupe, and just a few silly a-holes in Berkeley, Seattle, and ghettos...

When a liberal can't win an argument, he often starts ranting hysterically like that. :itsok:
Look, there goes another one! :biggrin:
Anarchist a-holes, not Dems. And blown out off all proportion so most of the dupes think it it's a nationwide nonstop riot lol...not just crazy anarchists in Berkeley and Seattle and gangstas in ghettos ...

Including GRAFFITTI!!! Stupid a-holes that Dems are against too...like your Nazis, militias etc out destroying Jewish cemeteries and black churches etc etc. Both sides should condemn and fight these a-holes instead of just trying to make political points. Especially the giant RW hate/bs propaganda machine. Which we don't have.

Try the real world sometime.

I didn't know the rioting has been to this extent. I have been exposed to more talks of violence as a solution by the anarchists in more recent days. What's troubling is the anarchy has risen to extensive damage and death, i.e. someone has to die before the police step in. Maybe the right need their own citizen to stand watch.

The rioters are not the only part of this story.

The bigger problem are the adults who enable the behavior of the rioters by not standing up for freedom of expression for ALL.

Until THEY get brave and step in, this continues. The question is whether they WANT to step in. So far, it doesn't look like it.

If they enable it by not coming out clearly for freedom of speech and expression, they are complicit.

Last edited:
When a liberal can't win an argument, he often starts ranting hysterically like that. :itsok:

Nonsense, as usual. Militant left wing groups such as BAMN, are not anarchists.

Not all lefties are militant, but some them damn well are, and that's what we've been watching since election day.

Anarchists, my ass.

Teabaggers like you and the idiot in the white house is an embarrassment, along with his russian connection and hiring his family while they still have vested rights into businesses they are running.
Criminals , the lot.

Um I'm a progressive. I just think Milo and Coulter have a right to an audience If they are invited even if they are both despicable scumbags.

Last edited:

I didn't know the rioting has been to this extent. I have been exposed to more talks of violence as a solution by the anarchists in more recent days. What's troubling is the anarchy has risen to extensive damage and death, i.e. someone has to die before the police step in. Maybe the right need their own citizen to stand watch.
Anarchists and gangstas definitely need to be arrested, like destructive Nazis, anti=semites, and racists on the right. But we don't need huge lying RW bs hate/propaganda machine either.

The rioters are not the only part of this story.

The bigger problem are the adults who enable the behavior of the rioters by not standing up for freedom of expression for ALL.

Until THEY get brave and step in, this continues. The question is whether they WANT to step in. So far, it doesn't look like it.

If they enable it, they are complicit.

Just like the moderate Muslims. They keep pushing and it will not go well for them.

So do the students have the right to protest or not?
Of course they do.

See, I'm happy to answer questions. Cowards like you avoid them.

So the students have every right to protest, but you've made literally hundreds of posts demonizing them as representing everything that is wrong with this country.
Another lie. People like YOU are the problem, not the kids who are being used.

The fact that you lie over and over and over proves the accuracy of my opinions.

Me? All I've been arguing is that people have the right to peacefully, lawfully protest (in contrast to your belief that they are in some cases accessories to murder)

and that my opinion is that Ann Coulter does not have a free speech right to paid performances on campuses or anywhere else

and that no I'm not responsible for cops in NYC getting killed.

True. Free speech is guaranteed by law for public places, not private colleges or private anything else. That's why, for example, this board will take a good liberal post and send it to the cornfield here by the right wing moderators. Happens to my posts all the time, regardless of how relevant they are to the respective forum I put it in.

Do you think it is because it is a good liberal post or because you come off looking like a total moron and they want to save you the embarrassment ?

Free speech is guaranteed by law for public places, not private colleges or private anything else.
This isn't about the First Amendment or guarantees.

This is about an American philosophy that has stood for hundreds of years: Welcome opposing speech, enjoy your freedom of expression without intimidation or threats or violence, let every voice be heard, the more the better.

It isn't until the authoritarian and cowardly Regressive Left took over that this American tradition has been ignored and trashed.

Fortunately, there are still REAL American liberals who understand and appreciate its importance.
23_zpskzgvznaa.gif~original

Obama_zpsyhdanqwz.gif~original

24_zpsofpk5nty.gif~original

Last edited:

Not all lefties are militant, but some them damn well are, and that's what we've been watching since election day.

Anarchists, my ass.
Whatever the hell they are, they're not Dems...

Anarchists, my ass.
Whatever the hell they are, they're not Dems...

Yep, they most definitely ARE dems.

Berkely students remind me of the SDS.

Personally, I agree wholeheartedly that she or other idiots can speak. I hate the kkk and Westboro but yes, they have the right to speak. But, that does not mean I have to listen.

There's no reason why she should be allowed to speak there and no, its not a free speech issue.

Nor is this some kind of indictment of liberals. When was the last time one of the rabid RWNJ fundie christian colleges had a liberal speaker?

It has nothing at all to do with whether its a private or public school.

Read the first five words of the First Amendment.

I would like to see the arrest of those that take their protest to the level of assault and property damage. It may not be a solution in itself but to take necessary action any further it would be beneficial to gather facts on who these people are, such as whether they're students themselves or outside agitators.

I agree. I don't understand what "ANTIwhatever" is trying to do, but as a leftist I certainly don't support that crap. Some one needs to come down hard on them - violence, distruction etc is not "free speech" nor is prohibiting the right of others to excersize free speech.

The problem with your support is you affirm the statement that CAL Students are violent and destructive. If and when one of the masked vandals is arrested and we can determine he or she is a student you might have a point. I personally watched protests which became violent at SFSU, CAL and at City Hall in SF and from that experience know that only a few participate in violent actions, and they are usually there to party, not to protest.

I know one thing for sure, things are almost always peaceful until the press arrive - cameras and microphones are the catalyst which provoke violence.

Forum List

Back