Berkeley's students are an embarrassment to progressivism

Black bloc - Wikipedia
Black bloc - Wikipedia
A black bloc is a name given to groups of protesters who wear black clothing, scarves, sunglasses, ski masks, motorcycle helmets with padding, or other ...
1999 Seattle WTO protests · ‎Autonomism · ‎Red bloc · ‎Green Mountain Anarchist ...
Inside the black bloc militant protest movement as it rises up against ...
www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-black-bloc-20170212-story.html
Feb 12, 2017 - So-called black bloc protesters, long a force in Oakland, bring their radical, violent tactics to the massive protest movement sparked by the ...
Inside the Black Bloc Protest Strategy That Shut Down Berkeley
www.newsweek.com/.../berkeley-protest-milo-yiannopoulos-black-bloc-556264.html
Feb 14, 2017 - It was the first black bloc for Neil Lawrence, a third-year undergraduate student at the University of California, Berkeley. He had demonstrated ...
'Black bloc' protests return for Trump era, leaving flames, broken ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../black-bloc-protests-return-for-trump-era-leaving-fla...
Feb 2, 2017 - Black-clad, black-masked activists have been more visible than usual in recent months, but the “black bloc” protesting is nothing new.
While MSM Focuses on Insignificant Alt-Right, They Should Be All ...
https://townhall.com/.../while-msm-focuses-on-insignificant-altright-they-should-be-al...
3 days ago - Since the election, the Black Bloc has become a major disrupter in our country yet it is barely written or spoken about..04/25/2017 12:45:36PM ...
Unmasking The Black Bloc: Who They Are, What They Do, How They ...
www.occupy.com/.../unmasking-black-bloc-who-they-are-what-they-do-how-they-work
To begin to discuss black blocs, there must first be an understanding of what a black bloc is.

And of the estimated 150 that showed up in their little ninja consumes there was one arrest. The Berkley cops enabled these assholes.
They broke 3 windows and scorched a sidewalk. WAYYY Overblown in dupe world. The dupes think there are riots everywhere lol...

You forgot burning a vehicle and tearing down police barricades. Why were these masked adults not arrested before they ever got close to the event?
BPD: Few injuries, extensive property damage, but no ... - Berkeleyside
www.berkeleyside.com/.../berkeley-police-injuries-extensive-property-damage-no-arr...
Feb 2, 2017 - Property damage in downtown Berkeley after the Milo event was canceled. .... Early estimates of damage at UC Berkeley are at approximately ..... turn what was a non-violent protest into a violent riot, discredit the protestors, then disappear. .... because the police never seem to arrest the actualvandals.

"Later in the night, the agitators rampaged through downtown Berkeley, damaging numerous banks, a Starbucks, and branches of other national chains. John Caner, head of the Downtown Berkeley Association, said there was an estimated $400,000-$500,000 worth of damage to downtown. There was also some vandalism on Telegraph Avenue, including graffiti, according to Stuart Baker, head of the Telegraph Business Improvement District, but it was relatively minor."

FBI investigating identities of black-clad UC Berkeley rioters — Berkeleyside

Peaceful protests don't cause $400-$500K worth of damage, riots do.

[

If that were the case, the left would probably go right along with it. Hitler was a progressive. He'd fit right in to today's world.

See? With the above, you can understand why I'm now of the opinion that every forum on USMB has become the rubber room.

Fariness doctrine that's what you want so bad.

No that's what you're implying you want.

You keep on saying Ann doesn't have a 1st amendment right.

And she was born here

You don't have to be born here to exercise your right to free speech. But I guess you didn't know that. The wobble room in the 1st A is that you can't shout "Fire!" in a crowded theater. Otherwise that theater, and all other privately owned properties, CAN dictate who says what and when.

So it's all going to Court.

If Coulter wins the RWnuts will say they told you so.

If she loses, the RWnuts will say that 'unelected' judges have no business deciding such things in the first place.

What's going to court..?

Ann is speaking at Berkeley tomorrow

Keep in mind the RW'ers attack every form of liberal protest no matter what the form.

You can go back to the Iraq war, when protesters were attacked as traitors, terrorist sympathizers, etc., etc.

this is not new.

[

If that were the case, the left would probably go right along with it. Hitler was a progressive. He'd fit right in to today's world.

See? With the above, you can understand why I'm now of the opinion that every forum on USMB has become the rubber room.

And she was born here

You don't have to be born here to exercise your right to free speech. But I guess you didn't know that. The wobble room in the 1st A is that you can't shout "Fire!" in a crowded theater. Otherwise that theater, and all other privately owned properties, CAN dictate who says what and when.

You silly little girl the 1st only implies to Americans..Try saying that in great Britain or Germany...Jail time

Keep in mind the RW'ers attack every form of liberal protest no matter what the form.

You can go back to the Iraq war, when protesters were attacked as traitors, terrorist sympathizers, etc., etc.

this is not new.

Yup. We went to two anti-war rallies on the National Mall in D.C. when Bush was trying his best to help the bottom lines of the military industrial base from 2003-2008. The Capitol Police were assholes. They came buzzing out on these big tricycle-style motorcycles and started trying to run over the feet of protestors who were marching up the street towards the Capitol building. They were doing nothing more than marching and carrying a banner. This didn't make television news, the cameras were trained on the speakers in the middle of the Mall.

this is not new.

Who is using the 9th ? As a tool ...As Eric Holder

this is not new.

Yup. We went to two anti-war rallies on the National Mall in D.C. when Bush was trying his best to help the bottom lines of the military industrial base from 2003-2008. The Capitol Police were assholes. They came buzzing out on these big tricycle-style motorcycles and started trying to run over the feet of protestors who were marching up the street towards the Capitol building. They were doing nothing more than marching and carrying a banner. This didn't make television news, the cameras were trained on the speakers in the middle of the Mall.

So you telling us you didn't have a job?

Who was paying you to March?

And she was born here

You silly little girl the 1st only implies to Americans..Try saying that in great Britain or Germany...Jail time

No, it doesn't. You don't have to be a born in the States to exercise freedom of speech here.
And I've spent lots of time in GB and Germany and they don't arrest people for speaking out there, either. Obama had 200,000 at the Brandenburg Gates to here his speech in 2008.
Get out of your trailer park once in a while, it will do you good.

this is not new.

So you telling us you didn't have a job?

Who was paying you to March?

What's it like living in Trump's ass? Can you tell us what he had for breakfast?

So your a paid poster and losing?

Check mate..

So do the students have the right to protest or not?
Of course they do.

See, I'm happy to answer questions. Cowards like you avoid them.

So the students have every right to protest, but you've made literally hundreds of posts demonizing them as representing everything that is wrong with this country.
Another lie. People like YOU are the problem, not the kids who are being used.

The fact that you lie over and over and over proves the accuracy of my opinions.

Me? All I've been arguing is that people have the right to peacefully, lawfully protest (in contrast to your belief that they are in some cases accessories to murder)

and that my opinion is that Ann Coulter does not have a free speech right to paid performances on campuses or anywhere else

and that no I'm not responsible for cops in NYC getting killed.

But you are

Let's remember who these people are. They are the same people who:
  • Refer to those who wrote the Constitution as "old rich white men" and "slave rapists"
  • Spin and deflect for the most barbaric religion on the planet, one that would LOVE to destroy this country
  • Constantly say this is a racist country
  • Ignore immigration law and actively battle against it
  • Divide into grievance groups and pit us directly against each other
  • Are doing everything they can to erase many long-held American public traditions
Is it any wonder they are against freedom of speech and expression, rights at the very core of this country?

And she was born here

No, it doesn't. You don't have to be a born in the States to exercise freedom of speech here.
And I've spent lots of time in GB and Germany and they don't arrest people for speaking out there, either.
Apparently you missed all the censorship that's conducted by the German Government while you were there ....

Anything deemed to be unconstitutional in Germany is banned and subject to fines and/or imprisonment, next time you go back stand at the Brandenburg Gate and start talking about the NASDP and watch how fast the Polizei throw your ass in Jail.

And she was born here

And I've spent lots of time in GB and Germany and they don't arrest people for speaking out there, either.
Apparently you missed all the censorship that's conducted by the German Government while you were there ....

Anything deemed to be unconstitutional in Germany is banned and subject to fines and/or imprisonment, next time you go back stand at the Brandenburg Gate and start talking about the NASDP and watch how fast the Polizei throw your ass in Jail.
Another ignorant poster who wants to take me on...

Sad... Pathetic

this is not new.

Since when?

And she was born here

And I've spent lots of time in GB and Germany and they don't arrest people for speaking out there, either. Obama had 200,000 at the Brandenburg Gates to here his speech in 2008.
Get out of your trailer park once in a while, it will do you good.

Liar

You have not even been to Canada

Ha! I lived in Canada, in Toronto and Sudbury and a few months in Vancouver, B.C. Worked in Ft McMurray, Alberta, too.
And in the Frontera (Baja) of Mexico, too, as well as Peru and Chile.
You're very typical of most Americans...The media can bait you with a single story and you think it's exploding throughout the entire universe because your world view is so fucking tiny.

I love the irrational illogic of the RW'ers here: Berkeley students have no right to protest Ann Coulter's performance because Coulter has the right of FREE SPEECH!!! LOL
And this is how USMB's King of the Straw Man always collapses.

No one said "Berkeley students have no right to protest Ann Coulter's performance".

He's a liar and a coward.

No one said that? So now suddenly you've decided that the students have every right to protest and therefore those attacking them should fuck off?

whoa, a major flip flop.
No one said that. You lied. As always.

So do the students have the right to protest or not?

Yes they have the right to protest.

However, they do NOT have the right to shut down speakers and/or rallies especially with the use violence.

Why can't the left grasp that simple concept?

Your first two sentences are spot on; the last is foolish.

Extremists on both sides are violent, they are a minority most of the time as history attests. They're are the anarchists or revolutionists; the former because they thrive on violence not debate and usually include a rag tag collection of disaffected persons & ne'er do wells, with nothing better to do; the latter committed ideologues who want change immediately at whatever cost.

Then there are the state sponsored (Revolutionary Guard in Iran, Brownshirt's in Germany, Blackshirt's in Italy) who hope to benefit personally: propagandasts and paramilitary forces which keep the people in ORDER, by laws which may be by fiat or executive orders.

The rightwing is right when they say those Berkeley student protestors are snowflakes. It's amazing to me how college students rarely have any self-awareness to how hypocritical and nauseating they come across a lot of the time. I do stress, however, that these college students don't represent the leftwing - they are just wannabe lefties.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- "The Friends of Voltaire"

It's one university out of HOW MANY in this country? My god, the rightwing idiots act like it's 1968 all over again. But that's because they're nothing but sponges and Fox is their bucket of water.

People like Ann Coulter and other high profile authors and pundits go to MANY college campuses to speak. But that doesn't make news on Fox Noise because there's no protestors or fights.

You rely on cable news for your information, you're being spoon-fed what they want you to know.
Period, the end.

Yup. One university.

The rightwing is right when they say those Berkeley student protestors are snowflakes. It's amazing to me how college students rarely have any self-awareness to how hypocritical and nauseating they come across a lot of the time. I do stress, however, that these college students don't represent the leftwing - they are just wannabe lefties.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- "The Friends of Voltaire"

I agree that Ann Walking Scarecrow Coulter should have been able to speak and still may at a later date. But these students exercised their freedom of speech as well, just very loudly. Violence? Yeah better to have as little of that as possible. One only needs to look at the various Trump rallies where his followers sucker punched people including old women and beat anyone that exercised their free speech in opposition to drumpf. You can play both sides of the card, either you are for free speech for all or you aren't.

Forum List

Back