Bernie Sanders does not understand economics

f0lGcAa.jpg

The problem with your level playing field claim is jealousy. A level playing field comes from taking opportunities that come your way, knowing that life isn't and can't be made fair by any level of redistribution, and realizing that not taking those opportunities isn't the same as those opportunities not existing.

I find it hilarious that a white male who gets every advantage in our society is the first one to scream "life isn't fair!!!!" when they've never encountered any real prejudice against them in their entire lives.

Born on third base and thought you hit triple.

I could have told you he didn't have Clue One about economics, just by that (D) after his name.

It's an (I), actually.

The fixation on that tweet aside, what is it in his 30-year track record that highlights his experience in economic issues, IYO?

Oh, Bernie Boy is running for the Independents nomination? I could have SWORN he was running for the DEMOCRAT candidacy.

Gee whiz, why did all of you let me go on thinking he wanted to be the DEMOCRAT nominee instead of Hillary? :oops-28:

You're wrong on all counts, and your punctuation's failing you.

I could have told you he didn't have Clue One about economics, just by that (D) after his name.

It's an (I), actually.

The fixation on that tweet aside, what is it in his 30-year track record that highlights his experience in economic issues, IYO?

Oh, Bernie Boy is running for the Independents nomination? I could have SWORN he was running for the DEMOCRAT candidacy.

Gee whiz, why did all of you let me go on thinking he wanted to be the DEMOCRAT nominee instead of Hillary? :oops-28:

Bernie isnt running on the Democrat ticket? Wow, who knew?

But under the right circumstances, you'll get more out of those than you'll paid into them. That's the point. You guys are fine with money YOU get out of the government.

Reg SSI. if they had let/forced us to put it into a Target date fund this money would be millions and it would be ours. I suppose the GOVT could have kept the employer half and we still be way ahead? I think GWB tried to get younger SSI players some percentage privatized and got lit up by RINO/DEM. I would have to be forced but it would be yours. Yes it could have worked.

Medicare..........bleah. I am not sure what to do about that dinosaur. We pay a lot for that also.

Actually, all we need to do is get the president to sign an executive order. Problem solved.

It not nice to Smug SOB to others when you pimp BHO. We had guy at work, not well liked. his nickname became SMF. yep. Smug Mother...........be nicer next year.

oh. I forgot. now I hate him again.

It's an (I), actually.

That's not what my reply to Cecilie said or implied, but I want to wait for one of her usual condescending rants where she DEMANDS to know what I'm talking about before I reply. ;)

It's an (I), actually.

That's not what my reply to Cecilie said or implied, but I want to wait for one of her usual condescending rants where she DEMANDS to know what I'm talking about before I reply. ;)
She wrote she could have sworn Bernie was running on the Dem ticket. You responded she was wrong on all counts.
Do you not understand English?

Bush was sworn in a month before the 2001 recession began. What did he do to cause that recession?

Pissed away the savings by giving another worthless tax cut to the rich.
Ignored a warning we were about to be attacked on 9/11. (which probably turned a minor recession into an ordeal.)
Generally being a complete fuckup. That's why I'm grateful for Jeb. He fucked things up before he got into office.

Bush gave a tax cut to the rich after the recession started. 9/11 happened after the recession started.

So tell us, how was Bush responsible for the recession?

How was Bush responsible for the tech bubble which collapsed, and the increase in the Fed funds rate from 3% to 6.5%, which economists generally agree was responsible for the recession?

Bush was sworn in a month before the 2001 recession began. What did he do to cause that recession?

Pissed away the savings by giving another worthless tax cut to the rich.
Ignored a warning we were about to be attacked on 9/11. (which probably turned a minor recession into an ordeal.)
Generally being a complete fuckup. That's why I'm grateful for Jeb. He fucked things up before he got into office.

Bush gave a tax cut to the rich after the recession started. 9/11 happened after the recession started.

So tell us, how was Bush responsible for the recession?

How was Bush responsible for the tech bubble which collapsed, and the increase in the Fed funds rate from 3% to 6.5%, which economists generally agree was responsible for the recession?
Which economists say that? The opposite. The Fed kept rates too low for too long, fueling the housing bubble. Once the sub prime mortgage market gave way the rest was going to follow.
But I agree Bush was not responsible for the recession.

Tax cuts are supposed to put more money into economy and jobs for regular Joe. this was happening until the Mortgage meltdown. sigh. I know I know....

We just want stuff fixed. Not wasted. Just somebody to fix it.

It's an (I), actually.

She wrote she could have sworn Bernie was running on the Dem ticket. You responded she was wrong on all counts.

See post #233. She claimed there was a (D) after his name. I replied that it was actually an (I).

Then she went off on her rant about the "Democrat party."

There is no "Democrat party" in the U.S.

See post #233. She claimed there was a (D) after his name. I replied that it was actually an (I).

HE is a Democrat. Thats why he's running on the Democratic Party ticket. That's he's been in Independent in the Senate is irrelevant. He caucused with the Democrats during that time anyway
The rest of your post is the usual weaseling people do to make themselves look better. Hint: It's not workng.

HE is a Democrat. Thats why he's running on the Democratic Party ticket. That's he's been in Independent in the Senate is irrelevant. He caucused with the Democrats during that time anyway

No, he's an independent running on the Democratic ticket.

Evidently he has no clue how collateral works, the man is obviously a few cards shy on the ole economic deck. A home has actual value...a women's study degree? Not so much. The man is running on an economics platform? Scary shit

Bernie Sanders

✔@SenSanders

You have families out there paying 6, 8, 10 percent on student debt but you can refinance your homes at 3 percent. What sense is that?
10:39 AM - 26 Dec 2015

Student loans can not be discharged via bankruptcy . Unlike mortgages .

They are actually pretty good loans to bank on .
Student loan default rate: 11.8%
Mortgage loan default rate: 5.45%.

We can add banking to what little Timmy knows nothing about.

And ? What's the comparison on bankruptcy forgiveness ?
Student loans can actually be forgiven sometimes in bankruptcy.
But it is irrelevant. Student loans are more risky because 1) there is no collateral to take, and 2) their default rate runs twice what mortgage loans do. Ergo student loans charge higher rates of interest to make up for the increased risk.

The government also brings in a lot of money wh student loans . Interest payments , the loans itslef goes to pay public school most of the time , and the government decides you can never discharge the loan .

Plus the gov benefits from a public that's highly educated . We shouldn't be discouraging the loans .

Plus the gov benefits from a public that's highly educated .

Then why does Obama keep bringing in millions of illiterate illegals?

Forum List

Back