Bernie: "Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America."

Bernie Sanders sounds a lot like Stalin railing against the Kulaks

Do you listen to Stalin's speeches or just read them in the original Russian? If the former, is it true he never lost the Georgian accent?

Sanders must be channeling Stalin

Do you listen to Stalin's speeches or just read them in the original Russian? If the former, is it true he never lost the Georgian accent?

"The characteristic feature in the work of our Party during the past year is that we, as a Party, as the Soviet power: a) have developed an offensive along the whole front against the capitalist elements in the countryside..."

Sanders or Stalin?
The "Soviet" was kind of a clue.

Now you're supposed to find a passage from Sanders' speeches and do a comparison/contrast.

Make sure you link to the source of the Sanders quote. You wouldn't want to be caught "editing."

" Indeed, in 1927 the kulaks produced over 600 million poods of grain, about 130 million poods of which they marketed outside the rural districts. That was a rather serious power, which had to be reckoned with. How much did our collective farms and state farms produce at that time? About 80 million poods, of which about 35 million poods were sent to the market (marketable grain). Judge for yourselves, could we at that time have replaced the kulak output and kulak marketable grain by the output and marketable grain of our collective farms and state farms? Obviously, we could not.." -- Stalin

"Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America." -- Sanders

What's the difference?

12118679_10156258052655515_5008106026823904097_n.jpg

" Indeed, in 1927 the kulaks produced over 600 million poods of grain, about 130 million poods of which they marketed outside the rural districts. That was a rather serious power, which had to be reckoned with. How much did our collective farms and state farms produce at that time? About 80 million poods, of which about 35 million poods were sent to the market (marketable grain). Judge for yourselves, could we at that time have replaced the kulak output and kulak marketable grain by the output and marketable grain of our collective farms and state farms? Obviously, we could not.." -- Stalin

"Today the Walton family of Walmart own more wealth than the bottom 40 percent of America." -- Sanders

What's the difference?

More than just a language barrier.

What's the difference?

The ideas are the exact same: successful people are frustrating the Progressive Utopia

What's the difference?

The ideas are the exact same: successful people are frustrating the Progressive Utopia

They're exactly the same the way apples and Allen wrenches are the same.

Ya know, at one time, the Rockefellers owned more than anyone else in the nation. I'm sure if you went back into the 1800's, you'd find families like Vanderbilt that owned a lot more than anyone else.

It really makes you wonder why envying those that have materially more than you is so en vogue. It would just depress me.

Having a Presidential Candidate repeat it ad nauseum probably wouldn't endear me to vote for her/him either.

Ya know, at one time, the Rockefellers owned more than anyone else in the nation. I'm sure if you went back into the 1800's, you'd find families like Vanderbilt that owned a lot more than anyone else.

It really makes you wonder why envying those that have materially more than you is so en vogue. It would just depress me.

Having a Presidential Candidate repeat it ad nauseum probably wouldn't endear me to vote for her/him either.
Stupid bitch.....

th

Stupid bitch.....

th

The conservative war on women knows no limits; never ends, shows no signs of stopping or waning....

Good. Women will cast 6 out of every 10 ballots next November. They will remember comments like yours. Can't wait!

Stupid bitch.....

th

The conservative war on women knows no limits; never ends, shows no signs of stopping or waning....

Good. Women will cast 6 out of every 10 ballots next November. They will remember comments like yours. Can't wait!

Stupid bitch, GUESS who ASSAULTS WOMEN?

Well, if you don't think so that's fact, I concede. Thank you for clarifying that. Obviously no one could do middle class on their own, they need it done for them

Well what country has a strong middle class without unions?

the United States before we had unions

Really what years would this be? Link?

You mean to counter your links? which would be ...

No you say we had a strong middle class before unions, what years are you talking about?

Whatever, you know nothing about unions except the marketing pitch

Stupid bitch.....

th

Yes, women aren't like everyone else, liberals know that. The sweet dearies need the bar lowered on their jobs and they need more government handouts. I mean the idea that women don't need more tender care from our benevolent and caring government is just hatred, it's a war on them.

You know about liberalism, you know nothing about women

For one thing, it's not envy. It's a sound bite.

For another, the wealthy of that era were conspicuous in their endowments and donations to charity. They were also part of a class system that was far more stratified than it is today. There was a sense among the "lower" classes that the wealthy were the American equivalent of royalty.

That peasant mentality survives today in the "Must Not Anger the Money Gods or They Will Send All of Us to China" mentality extant in this thread.

Oh, this should be fun...

Describe what you believe the U.S. was like before unions. A few facts interspersed with the opinion might be nice.

I always like how leftists want facts when anyone disagrees with your sweeping, unsupported statements. You first, my dear. Back up your own point. I'm not playing the game where whatever you say (sans support) goes but anyone disagreeing with you has to convince you you're wrong. Pass

For one thing, it's not envy.

For another, the wealthy of that era were conspicuous in their endowments and donations to charity. They were also part of a class system that was far more stratified than it is today. There was a sense among the "lower" classes that the wealthy were the American equivalent of royalty.

That peasant mentality survives today in the "Must Not Anger the Money Gods or They Will Send All of Us to China" mentality extant in this thread.

You're green all over, Holmes. You should look at the Vandies and marvel at what a great country it is instead of wanting to plunder that which you didn't earn. Clearly it is envy

Describe what you believe the U.S. was like before unions. A few facts interspersed with the opinion might be nice.

life in the 1920s was good for most people. It was better than it had ever been for 5000 yrs of recorded history.
The AFL was founded in 1886.

But I'm sure the rum-runners and the investors who caused the Crash of '29 did very well.

Wow, so one union employing one employee was all the union we needed to create the golden age?

Well, you can rest assured then, Holmes. We have way more union and union employees than we did in 1886 or the 1920s

I always like how leftists want facts when anyone disagrees with your sweeping, unsupported statements. You first, my dear. Back up your own point. I'm not playing the game where whatever you say (sans support) goes but anyone disagreeing with you has to convince you you're wrong. Pass

Another one who asks questions and then answers them himself. Excellent.

life in the 1920s was good for most people. It was better than it had ever been for 5000 yrs of recorded history.
The AFL was founded in 1886.

But I'm sure the rum-runners and the investors who caused the Crash of '29 did very well.

Unions were voluntary until the FDR administration. That's when they become toxic to the American economy.

Yep, that's a winner!

The whole point is "voluntary." Of course workers should be free to join a voluntary union. And if they have the market power, they should be able to put the screws to their employer. It is the use of government force that corrupted the system

For one thing, it's not envy.

You're green all over, Holmes. You should look at the Vandies and marvel at what a great country it is instead of wanting to plunder that which you didn't earn. Clearly it is envy

That's very creative. Do another one.

Forum List

Back