• Smokey Robinson

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Elton John

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other (too many to list!)

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
One of my favorite songs...

I saw them at the Perkins Palace in Pasadena on New Years Eve. It was the first time I ever saw a mosh pit.

My wife took an interest in me when I informed her I was a huuuuge Boingo fan as they are her favorite band (she's been backstage several times and knows Danny pretty well) and of course she didn't believe me till i told her that I had loved them since they were the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo! That was proof beyond doubt that I was not lying.

What about the Beastie Boys??? Lol! I love them! Funny guys! Not very good vocalists though!

Love the song, but, no, not a contender for great vocals.... !

My wife took an interest in me when I informed her I was a huuuuge Boingo fan as they are her favorite band (she's been backstage several times and knows Danny pretty well) and of course she didn't believe me till i told her that I had loved them since they were the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo! That was proof beyond doubt that I was not lying.
The Perkins Palace in Pasadena is right off of Colorado Blvd. Before the concert, when I was looking for a place to park, there was nothing but parking lots all around the neighborhoods with these guys charging $5 to park. Some of these places had cars stacked in 5 deep. I told my girlfriend, tomorrow is the parade and most of these cars are staying for that. I AM NOT GOING TO GET BLOCKED IN FOR THE NIGHT!

We were running out of time and I found a spot a couple of blocks away. I told the attendant, "I'm leaving after the show, don't block me in!" He goes, "Okay, I won't. I won't." It didn't seem like he was hearing me, so I said, "Listen, if you block me in, I'm gonna kick your ass!"

After the concert, we get back to my car and I'm in 2 deep. Two cars between me and the street. I was pissed! I told that fucker, "Do you remember what I told you I was going to do, if you blocked me in?" "If you don't get those two cars out of my way..."

When he realized he only had keys for one of them, he started getting scared. The car he didn't have keys for, he jacked up one side and repeatedly pushed the car off the jack to the side, so I could get by. All the time I am threatening him. He got so freaked out, the last time he jacked the car up, he actually pushed it into another car! At that moment, I got into my car and drove off.

That's my Boingo story.

I always preferred the storytellers you don't get better than Johnny Cash.

I've probably heard some of the songs before in movies but just don't/didn't know who sings them.
He doesn't sing, he does the musical score.

But it's obvious when you hear it, that it's Elfman.

Like the first time I heard "3". I said to myself, that's gotta be Britney! It's her style.

Forum List

Back