Best US States to live in??

I have lived in New York, California, New Jersey and Maryland and spent a lot of time in Arizona, Florida and Texas.

I would rank them
New York
Arizona
New Jersey
California
Maryland
Florida
Texas

Texas (and most of the Southwest) is nothing but barren wasteland broken up by characterless sub-divisions, strip malls, and chain restaurants.

You couldn't pay me enough to live there.

Besides....Texas is seceding soon. Or at least they keep promising to.

California keeps promising to fall off into the ocean...wish it would hurry up. Hopefully San Deigo and San Francisco will be the first cities to fall in.

Silly ignorant little bootlicker.....California's faults don't run East to West.

:lol:

New York State has long been the wrong place for a conservative to live in. But where can I move? I need to move to a state with maximum liberties and yet with vibrant economy and infrastructure.

I did some researching online, but to no avail. There's a state reviews website at US States - Rate & Review Places at Rate A Place, but it looks like a new website and, despite a good approach, there are no ratings/reviews.

So what do you think are the top states from such prospective? :confused:

Move to Texas or Florida. Texas has all the jobs, but Florida has the best quality of life. Both are cheap and have no income tax.

I have lived in New York, California, New Jersey and Maryland and spent a lot of time in Arizona, Florida and Texas.

I would rank them
New York
Arizona
New Jersey
California
Maryland
Florida
Texas

And I have lived in New York, Florida, Rhode Island, Texas, Delaware, Arkansas and California.

I would rank them

New York
California
Rhode Island
Delaware
Florida
Arkansas

and Texas

I would rank them
New York
Arizona
New Jersey
California
Maryland
Florida
Texas

And I have lived in New York, Florida, Rhode Island, Texas, Delaware, Arkansas and California.

I would rank them

New York
California
Rhode Island
Delaware
Florida
Arkansas

and Texas

You must be a commie. You are obviously ignoring trivial issues like the level of taxation and the cost of living.

I would rank them
New York
Arizona
New Jersey
California
Maryland
Florida
Texas

I would rank them

New York
California
Rhode Island
Delaware
Florida
Arkansas

and Texas

I've lived in (in order) Connecticut, New Mexico, Florida and Alabama.

I would rank them in reverse order
Alabama
Florida
New Mexico
Connecticut.

I would rank them
New York
Arizona
New Jersey
California
Maryland
Florida
Texas

I would rank them

New York
California
Rhode Island
Delaware
Florida
Arkansas

and Texas

You must be a commie. You are obviously ignoring trivial issues like the level of taxation and the cost of living.

Actually, I'm retired Navy...a few of those are places I was stationed.

I would rank them
New York
Arizona
New Jersey
California
Maryland
Florida
Texas

I would rank them

New York
California
Rhode Island
Delaware
Florida
Arkansas

and Texas

It's all relative. You make a lot, you spend a lot

Beyond that, it's all quality of life.
New York has everything depending on where you want to live. Arizona is beautiful, great weather and it's cities are developing

Texas and Florida.....
Texas is brown, flat and uninspiring.
Florida is flat, humid and is transplanted from NY. Beaches are great though

I would rank them

New York
California
Rhode Island
Delaware
Florida
Arkansas

and Texas

New York has everything depending on where you want to live. Arizona is beautiful, great weather and it's cities are developing

Texas and Florida.....

For $1200/mo I can get a 3 bedroom house with a yard and a garage in Florida. In New York, I can't get a 500 sq/ft studio apartment for that amount. Plus, the weather sucks in New York. Plus, the local government there taxes whatever money you have left-over after paying your rent. In Florida I can live minutes away from a nice beach with white sand. The water is 75 degrees - just right for swimming.

The quality of life is better in Florida, any way you look at it.

I feel stupid for even telling New Yorkers this stuff because the last thing I want is a bunch of New York assholes invading my little slice of paradise.

Texas and Florida.....

For $1200/mo I can get a 3 bedroom house with a yard and a garage in Florida. In New York, I can't get a 500 sq/ft studio apartment for that amount. Plus, the weather sucks in New York. Plus, the local government there taxes whatever money you have left-over after paying your rent. In Florida I can live minutes away from a nice beach with white sand. The water is 75 degrees - just right for swimming.

I feel stupid for even telling New Yorkers this stuff because the last thing I want is a bunch of New York assholes invading my little slice of paradise.

You have never been to NY
NYC you won't get that. Upstate NY, no problem. Beautiful lakes, mountains, farms. Real weather

NY has some of the most beautiful beaches in the country.

Texas and Florida.....

NYC you won't get that. Upstate NY, no problem. Beautiful lakes, mountains, farms. Real weather

Ya ain't never gonna see 75* water temp, and you ain't going swimming New Years Day.

Ya ain't never gonna see 75* water temp, and you ain't going swimming New Years Day.

You might be right about not swimming on New Years Day, but I've seen 80 degree water here on LI this year.

You can have flat, steamy Florida. Upstate NY is cheap and has the same population it had in 1950. NYC is the greatest city in the USA, great place to visit lol.

Forum List

Back