Best US States to live in??

New York State has long been the wrong place for a conservative to live in. But where can I move? I need to move to a state with maximum liberties and yet with vibrant economy and infrastructure.

I did some researching online, but to no avail. There's a state reviews website at US States - Rate & Review Places at Rate A Place, but it looks like a new website and, despite a good approach, there are no ratings/reviews.

So what do you think are the top states from such prospective? :confused:

California

New York

Illinois

All the rest are freeloaders. Especially texas.

:rofl: Hell, H-nut, I had no idea you had such a terrific sense of humor... :lol:

Nevada!

No State Tax!
Prostitution is legal!
Electric rates went down due to solar!
A ton of cheap houses!
Sugar Babies flock here!
Smoking ban was over turned!
You can spank your kids!
Everyone in music plays here at least once per year!
It's NOT Arizona!

I really don't know anybody who bases where they live upon how conservative or liberal their neighbors are. The wingnuttiest states are probably in the south, some of which are doing relatively well economically. Alabama has non union auto industry, so the wages probably aren't as good but may be livable. Florida has a good economy and is a beautiful state. Just watch out for the hurricanes and gators. Then there is Texas. Even in so called "blue" states, there are lots of conservative folk. I live in Oregon. Once you get away from the larger cities, it's pretty conservative. I guess it depends on what you want and what you do for a livelihood.

You haven't maybe.

CA and IL have wonderful, guarded, gated areas and some rural/secluded areas. Most of the rest are crap.

TEXAS_Letters_Bumper_sticker.png

:thup:

Texas (and most of the Southwest) is nothing but barren wasteland broken up by characterless sub-divisions, strip malls, and chain restaurants.

You couldn't pay me enough to live there.

Last edited:
Texas (and most of the Southwest) is nothing but barren wasteland broken up by characterless sub-divisions, strip malls, and chain restaurants.

Glad your skankee ass is in NJ. Please stay there. :cool:

TX is a great place to visit but I would never live there, either.
Houston: 44% Hispanic, 24% Negro.
Austin: 35% Hispanic
Dallas: 39% Hispanic, 23% Negro
San Antonio: 63% Hispanic
Fort Worth: Hispanic 34%, 18% Negro
El Paso: 81% Hispanic
Arlington: 30% Hispanic, 20% Negro

Crime rates through the roof. UGH!!

we don't need you anyway.....we have the illegals to clean out bathrooms.....so don't worry about it....

I have lived in both Iowa and Pennsylvania. If you want to find a good place to live, seek such a place as far away from both of these states that you can possibly get!

What is wrong with them?

Well, as an example, let's start with alcohol laws. I think this may have finally changed, but when I lived in Pittsburg in 1992, one could not go into a store and buy a 6 pack of beer. One went to a (I am NOT making this up!) drive through beer store. They were kind of like barns. You would drive through the front door and stop, and tell them what kind of beer you wanted, and open the trunk. In Penn., you could not buy beer by the 6 pack, you had to buy it by the CASE! After you loaded up your trunk, you drive out the other side. Also, in Pittsburg, there was one day of sunshine for every 6 days of cloudy overcast, as well as a 50% chance of rain on any day. Look it up on Google.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa was the armpit of the Midwest. First of all, Cargil was cooking all of the nation's corn syrup right outside of town, making the whole town stink like burned molassis where someone failed to turn off the range burner for 2 or 3 days.

If you were single, and looking for entertainment back in 1977, you had a choice of going bowling or to a sawdust floor country and western bar with chicken wire protecting the stage. The were three state owned liquor stores in the city, and you had to approach the counter and ask for what you wanted. You were not allowed past the counter. It was damned near impossible to tell the difference between the women and the pigs. The local network cancled "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman", because it was "Not wholesome". I went out to start my car one morning in Early Feb. and the wind chill factor was -51 degrees..

Last edited:

Besides....Texas is seceding soon. Or at least they keep promising to.

California keeps promising to fall off into the ocean...wish it would hurry up. Hopefully San Deigo and San Francisco will be the first cities to fall in.

In Texas we burn coal hoping to hurry up global warming to melt the polar caps and flood both east and west coasts to git rid of the vermin.

New York State has long been the wrong place for a conservative to live in. But where can I move? I need to move to a state with maximum liberties and yet with vibrant economy and infrastructure.

I did some researching online, but to no avail. There's a state reviews website at US States - Rate & Review Places at Rate A Place, but it looks like a new website and, despite a good approach, there are no ratings/reviews.

So what do you think are the top states from such prospective? :confused:

California

New York

Illinois

All the rest are freeloaders. Especially texas.

That's funny, calling Texas a "freeloader" when California and Illinois can't even pay their bills because of their budget deficits and other fiscal issues.

Forum List

Back