Besty DeVoss making college affordable for millionaires

I think the federal gov't needs to get out of the student loan business altogether. That's one reason why the costs of going to college are so high and going higher, too many people are getting loans that they have no intention of paying off. And the US taxpayer ends up paying the bill. Again.

I think the federal gov't needs to get out of the student loan business altogether. That's one reason why the costs of going to college are so high and going higher, too many people are getting loans that they have no intention of paying off. And the US taxpayer ends up paying the bill. Again.
How does the US taxpayer pay the bill if these kids can't file bankruptcy like Don and the substantial people do repeatedly?

Say Thank You Obama!

You can never get out from under a federal student loan, it is like a tax levy when you don't pay, the govt. will go after your relatives also....

Is this another liberal hate wealthy people thread? I ask because the left seems obsessed with punishing and vilifying successful wealthy people, for whatever weird reason.

How does the US taxpayer pay the bill if these kids can't file bankruptcy like Don and the substantial people do repeatedly?

Doesn't matter who files bankruptcy and who doesn't, it's a gov't loan that the US taxpayer has to cover if the person who received the loan doesn't pay the money back.

/---- Why take on debt you can't repay or have no intentions of repaying?
free stuff.jpg

Say Thank You Obama!
Yeah, there were no student loans before him.

You can never get out from under a federal student loan, it is like a tax levy when you don't pay, the govt. will go after your relatives also....

If they co-signed, yes. Just like any other loan, and why should anyone get out from under a financial obligation that they agreed to undertake?
Unless you're one of the substantial people - bankruptcy. Take Don for example

That program isn't about making college affordable for millionaires. It's about encouraging people to pursue post collegiate careers that are in demand.
Of course, useful little Eichmans dumbed down and willing to carry out the power structure's wishes sans any pesky questioning or push back.
I don't know why you've not until now you and your conspiratorial way of seeing damn near everything has not until now landed you on my ignore list. I assure you, however, I've corrected for that oversight.

Forum List

Back