Beyonce Can't Get Cops to Provide Security for Her Concert

What I would do is pull every patrol in black neighborhoods and use those officers as the security.
Then you would be submitting your resignation after they asked you why on earth would you do something retarded like that and you admitted you were a racist.
If off duty officers refuse, the commander has only one option. Use the officers on duty. Since black people are far less inclined to lawbreaking and violence than are whites, it only makes sense to use on duty officers from the more peaceful areas.
You have a point there but thats not how it works. I know whites are violent and break the law all the time but they rarely go to jail or get arrested anyway so why not use those cops from the white area?
To get those miscreants off the streets. Black neighborhoods can get along quite well with no police. Most of them don't want police anyway.
Its a concert not the street. White neighborhoods need no police since they never do their job anyway. If you leave the good cops in Black neighborhoods then they are well respected.

was she in on "don't go chasin' waterfalls" I remember hearing way back?

second: why does a music concert "they" pay to get into need so much security? why is "they" always on edge of riot? would you let your 13 yr old daughter out into this "bash"?

second: why does a music concert "they" pay to get into need so much security? why is "they" always on edge of riot? would you let your 13 yr old daughter out into this "bash"?
No she had nothing to do with that song. That was TLC.

Concerts always need security. In her case she draws a very large crowd. No one said anyone was on the edge of a riot.

I wouldnt let my 13 yr old go to any concert unless an adult was with her.

Her fan base is primarily white teenage girls. And I wouldn't let a 13 year old go to a big concert like that unless an adult went with them.

Her fan base is primarily white teenage girls. And I wouldn't let a 13 year old go to a big concert like that unless an adult went with them.

She is beautiful and talented. No denying that. She's also a **** so I don't have to like her. But....cops should and will end up protecting her. They'll get the order from the chief....and it's the right call to order it.

I support the cops 100% in their act of simply not volunteering for it. But...they'll be ordered to do it. And they'll do a good job as usual.
There are only certain circumstances in which mass overtime can be ordered. This isn't it. All he can do is order active cops to be taken from regular assignments to provide security.

And you know that...how?

I have never been to a concert-regardless of who was performing-that did not have security provided by the police. My wife (who has been to more concerts than I have) agrees with me: there is ALWAYS a police detail there!

From the article:

“We’re going to staff it because we have a responsibility to do that regardless of how controversial it might be, who the artist might be, or the politician might be,” Hegarty explained. “This is a couple of months away, so we’ve still got plenty of time to fill those slots.”

So it looks as they will force the off duty police to work the show.

Darn those unions...

I think that is a wonderful attitude. It is their jobs. If they can't do their jobs because of Beyonce, then they shouldn't be officers anymore.

Working security for a concern is not their job. It's generally a perk.

From the article:

“We’re going to staff it because we have a responsibility to do that regardless of how controversial it might be, who the artist might be, or the politician might be,” Hegarty explained. “This is a couple of months away, so we’ve still got plenty of time to fill those slots.”

Darn those unions...

I think that is a wonderful attitude. It is their jobs. If they can't do their jobs because of Beyonce, then they shouldn't be officers anymore.

They volunteer. There's no job requirement to volunteer.

From the article:

Darn those unions...

Exactly.

And none of them want to volunteer.

So, IMO, it's on Beyonce's promoter to find private security.

From the article:

Darn those unions...

If they are of duty it is not their job. The fact that no one wants to make extra money working her concert is very telling!

However this issues goes to show how many people do not understand how such events are done!

From the article:

Darn those unions...

Exactly.

And none of them want to volunteer.

So, IMO, it's on Beyonce's promoter to find private security.

She has private security and there will be event security and by law in most areas, these events must have a certain amount of police coverage as well as other emergency services..

From the article:

Darn those unions...

If they are of duty it is not their job. The fact that no one wants to make extra money working her concert is very telling!

However this issues goes to show how many people do not understand how such events are done!

Well to be fair, NOT knowing the details of how off duty cops benefit from doing private security gigs is not really something to be embarrassed about.

For all those black lives matter anti cop protesters, don't call the police when you need help, call one of those protestors instead, they will cover your back. Yeah.
NEWS FLASH; BLM members don't call the cops. They are afraid they'll get shot,silly!

From the article:

Darn those unions...

Well to be fair, NOT knowing the details of how off duty cops benefit from doing private security gigs is not really something to be embarrassed about.

Many off duty cops pick up extra money by working these events, as well as many other ways, but it is not their duty when they are off duty..

If she cannot provide proof of security, the normal way it's handled is the permit to have the event is pulled.

Forum List

Back