Bible criticism

The whole story of Moses is full of improbabilities that do not fit the facts we know. For example Deuteronomy 29.5 says the tribe wandered in the wilderness for forty years. But the whole area is of a size that could have been crossed in a matter of weeks. Did they go round in circles ?
If you read the Torah you would know that God told them where to camp.

they were engaged in wars and they went around in circles

:disagree:Another nutter.
:cuckoo:

How does one escapt from Egypt when they are in Egypt. The Egypt empire! included Canaan.
If one believes the exodus as depicted in OT, one needs their brain examined.

Canaan was not part of the empire of Egypt------Egypt did move around the area in their ongoing fights with the Assyrians etc-----but did not occupy Canaan---EVER. Anyone who believes that CANAAN was part of Egypt-----needs to have its head examined

irosie91 you are correct thank you for pointing this out to our token idiot Penelope .

Canaan was a no man's land between Egypt, Babylonia, Assyria, and Hati (land of the Hittites).

There were even some Greek "Philistines" there. Notice the Greek name.
You have to learn some history:

The Phoenician alphabet is derived from Egyptian hieroglyphs [4] and became one of the most widely used writing systems, spread by Phoenician merchants across the Mediterranean world, where it evolved and was assimilated by many other cultures. The Paleo-Hebrew alphabet was directly derived from Phoenician. Another derivative script is the Aramaic alphabet, which was the ancestor of the modern Arabic script. The Modern Hebrew script is a stylistic variant of the Aramaic script. The Greek alphabet (and by extension its descendants such as the Latin, the Cyrillic, and the Coptic) was also derived from Phoenician.

Phoenician alphabet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The information which you got from wiki is so incorrect
that I have been laughing for three minutes. ---the one correct
statement is the Hebrew script adapted to what amounts to a stylized form of the Aramaic form of writing-----that situation developed over time ------there was a prior script-----a bit more similar to Phonecian than the Aramaic influenced latter thing. The Arabic script was developed from farsi script---but like Hebrew (and all the other scripts) it also went thru permutations----with a bit of influence from phonecian Aramaic.. I did not read your idiot citation but I am guessing that what it actually (and correctly) states is that the phonecian script developed from
primitive PICTOGRAPHS which are LIKE HIEROGLYPHICS-----not specifically the Egyptian Hieroglyphics------gee you is dim. The phonecian alphabet was not developed from Egyptian Hieroglyphics. Arabic has gone thru all sorts of permutations-----Aramaic being a minor 'contributor'---the major one being FARSI
Ezra changed the script for kabbalistic reasons.
It signalled the end of manipulating matter.

The whole story of Moses is full of improbabilities that do not fit the facts we know. For example Deuteronomy 29.5 says the tribe wandered in the wilderness for forty years. But the whole area is of a size that could have been crossed in a matter of weeks. Did they go round in circles ?

They also spent 40 years learning the halachas of how to develop a civilization.

:disagree:Another nutter.

How does one escapt from Egypt when they are in Egypt. The Egypt empire! included Canaan.

Canaan was not part of the empire of Egypt------Egypt did move around the area in their ongoing fights with the Assyrians etc-----but did not occupy Canaan---EVER. Anyone who believes that CANAAN was part of Egypt-----needs to have its head examined

irosie91 you are correct thank you for pointing this out to our token idiot Penelope .

Canaan was a no man's land between Egypt, Babylonia, Assyria, and Hati (land of the Hittites).

The Phoenician alphabet is derived from Egyptian hieroglyphs [4] and became one of the most widely used writing systems, spread by Phoenician merchants across the Mediterranean world, where it evolved and was assimilated by many other cultures. The Paleo-Hebrew alphabet was directly derived from Phoenician. Another derivative script is the Aramaic alphabet, which was the ancestor of the modern Arabic script. The Modern Hebrew script is a stylistic variant of the Aramaic script. The Greek alphabet (and by extension its descendants such as the Latin, the Cyrillic, and the Coptic) was also derived from Phoenician.

statement is the Hebrew script adapted to what amounts to a stylized form of the Aramaic form of writing-----that situation developed over time ------there was a prior script-----a bit more similar to Phonecian than the Aramaic influenced latter thing. The Arabic script was developed from farsi script---but like Hebrew (and all the other scripts) it also went thru permutations----with a bit of influence from phonecian Aramaic.. I did not read your idiot citation but I am guessing that what it actually (and correctly) states is that the phonecian script developed from
primitive PICTOGRAPHS which are LIKE HIEROGLYPHICS-----not specifically the Egyptian Hieroglyphics------gee you is dim. The phonecian alphabet was not developed from Egyptian Hieroglyphics. Arabic has gone thru all sorts of permutations-----Aramaic being a minor 'contributor'---the major one being FARSI

I don't think so, same stuff is everywhere, wiki has become fairly accurate, one must follow the footnotes and external links to really knows where it comes from.

OH I did not know----Ezra shoved that ARAMAIC style down our throats? DAMN----no wonder he is so CONTROVERSIAL a figure-----the Yemenites are STILL
arguing with him. If jews were anything like muslims----they would do a Shiite/sunni type feud and Iraqi jews and Yemenite jews would be KILLING EACH OTHER

I don't think so, same stuff is everywhere, wiki has become fairly accurate, one must follow the footnotes and external links to really knows where it comes from.
Vatevah yoo say dahlink.

not impressed-----I refuse to read it------it is bull crap-----at least the stuff in your post is bull crap. My sense is that you got it wrong

OH I did not know----Ezra shoved that ARAMAIC style down our throats? DAMN----no wonder he is so CONTROVERSIAL a figure-----the Yemenites are STILL
arguing with him. If jews were anything like muslims----they would do a Shiite/sunni type feud and Iraqi jews and Yemenite jews would be KILLING EACH OTHER
After 70 years in Babylon the original script had also become forgotten by the masses.

not impressed-----I refuse to read it------it is bull crap-----at least the stuff in your post is bull crap. My sense is that you got it wrong
Sense doesn't apply to Penelope.

They also spent 40 years learning the halachas of how to develop a civilization.

Good lord they did not, all the people couldn't even fit in the Sinai, let alone have food or water. Besides there is no sign of mass exodus out of Egypt or that civilization in the Sinai desert.

Take the example of Thanksgiving, a few Puritans had a harvest and gave thanks and centuries later we have Thanksgiving. So a few Canaanites or Hittites or even some of those in Egypt may of come to the land of Canaan and tried to push monotheism on them, the Levites say, left Egypt after the reign of Akhenaten and ventured into Canaan from east of the Jordan River , and from there it grew into a huge story.

Isra El, followers of EL, the high Canaanite God.

Sense doesn't apply to Penelope.

Only common sense. Irrational I don't do.

:disagree:
The Hebrews took over the language of the Canaanites, well they mainly are the Canaanites. They were not slaves the there never was an exodus like described in the bible. There were lots of different sects in the land of canaan, says so in the bible and history.
Another nutter.

How does one escapt from Egypt when they are in Egypt. The Egyptian empire! included Canaan.
Yeah, like everyone in SoCal speaks English because they are in America. :cuckoo:

:disagree:
The Hebrews took over the language of the Canaanites, well they mainly are the Canaanites. They were not slaves the there never was an exodus like described in the bible. There were lots of different sects in the land of canaan, says so in the bible and history.
Another nutter.

How does one escapt from Egypt when they are in Egypt. The Egyptian empire! included Canaan.
Yeah, like everyone in SoCal speaks English because they are in America. :cuckoo:

Exactly and this is the 21st century.

After 70 years in Babylon the original script had also become forgotten by the masses.

I don't know how Iraqi jews feel about it----but the Yemenites never forgot the feud of circa 500 BC------I have been told that they refuse to name their children Ezra (????). Yemenites never forget------

Forum List

Back