Bible criticism

You have to learn some history:

The Phoenician alphabet is derived from Egyptian hieroglyphs [4] and became one of the most widely used writing systems, spread by Phoenician merchants across the Mediterranean world, where it evolved and was assimilated by many other cultures. The Paleo-Hebrew alphabet was directly derived from Phoenician. Another derivative script is the Aramaic alphabet, which was the ancestor of the modern Arabic script. The Modern Hebrew script is a stylistic variant of the Aramaic script. The Greek alphabet (and by extension its descendants such as the Latin, the Cyrillic, and the Coptic) was also derived from Phoenician.

Phoenician alphabet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The information which you got from wiki is so incorrect
that I have been laughing for three minutes. ---the one correct
statement is the Hebrew script adapted to what amounts to a stylized form of the Aramaic form of writing-----that situation developed over time ------there was a prior script-----a bit more similar to Phonecian than the Aramaic influenced latter thing. The Arabic script was developed from farsi script---but like Hebrew (and all the other scripts) it also went thru permutations----with a bit of influence from phonecian Aramaic.. I did not read your idiot citation but I am guessing that what it actually (and correctly) states is that the phonecian script developed from
primitive PICTOGRAPHS which are LIKE HIEROGLYPHICS-----not specifically the Egyptian Hieroglyphics------gee you is dim. The phonecian alphabet was not developed from Egyptian Hieroglyphics. Arabic has gone thru all sorts of permutations-----Aramaic being a minor 'contributor'---the major one being FARSI
Ezra changed the script for kabbalistic reasons.
It signalled the end of manipulating matter.

OH I did not know----Ezra shoved that ARAMAIC style down our throats? DAMN----no wonder he is so CONTROVERSIAL a figure-----the Yemenites are STILL
arguing with him. If jews were anything like muslims----they would do a Shiite/sunni type feud and Iraqi jews and Yemenite jews would be KILLING EACH OTHER
After 70 years in Babylon the original script had also become forgotten by the masses.

I don't know how Iraqi jews feel about it----but the Yemenites never forgot the feud of circa 500 BC------I have been told that they refuse to name their children Ezra (????). Yemenites never forget------
My daughter's husband is half Iraqi; I'll ask.

If one believes the exodus as depicted in OT, one needs their brain examined
For someone who thinks there is a Jew behind every corner and defends the Koran with vengeance, we know how healthy your brain is.

I'm RC, and I don't defend any zealots or orthodox , in Judaism , Islam or Christianity.
RC? That explains your lack of Bible knowledge and anti semitism.

How is that. I know the bible and I also know the bible is not a historical collection of books, although there is some history in the OT, but most is myths and theology and psychology. Remember no one walked around with a Bible in ancient days. We were all basically told what to believe for many centuries.

The bible has nothing to do with the way I feel about Israel or the semites.

For someone who thinks there is a Jew behind every corner and defends the Koran with vengeance, we know how healthy your brain is.

I'm RC, and I don't defend any zealots or orthodox , in Judaism , Islam or Christianity.

How is that. I know the bible and I also know the bible is not a historical collection of books, although there is some history in the OT, but most is myths and theology and psychology. Remember no one walked around with a Bible in ancient days. We were all basically told what to believe for many centuries.

You have demonstrated time and again that your post is a lie.
Either you're delusional or a deliberate liar.

"myths, theology and psychology" <<<< of those which do you not "take seriously" the most? For the record---I take
all three SERIOUSLY

Ok ! hands up, how many of you actually believe Noah lived to be 950 years old?
I do.

Really? I am surprised by how many people on this thread take the bible seriously.

what is there about the bible that you do not "take seriously"----
do you take the ODYSSEY seriously? how about the Koran?

I find the bible full of unlikely myths, I regard the Quran as deliberate fabrication largely stolen from the bible.

I do.

Really? I am surprised by how many people on this thread take the bible seriously.

I find the bible full of unlikely myths, I regard the Quran as deliberate fabrication largely stolen from the bible.
Wow! You take God's word for unlikely myths?
Did you think the Bible would be just another episode of 60 Minutes?
And please don't insinuate you ever studied it.

I do.

I not surprised at how little you know it.
You're a Bible sound bite kind of guy.
Picked up a little here and there on anti-religion sites?

I was in a bible class in the 1960s and I discovered that the other members of the class all agreed that God throws people into hellfire. I decided on the spot that I would not worship or even believe in such a God and walked out of the class.
I have spent the subsequent fifty years involved in various cults and a study of practical occultism, theosophy and spiritualism.

I do.

Well I dispute that God had anything to do with the bible, or any of the events it claims as history of the Jews.

I do.

I not surprised at how little you know it.
You're a Bible sound bite kind of guy.
Picked up a little here and there on anti-religion sites?

I was in a bible class in the 1960s and I discovered that the other members of the class all agreed that God throws people into hellfire. I decided on the spot that I would not worship or even believe in such a God and walked out of the class.
I have spent the subsequent fifty years involved in various cults and a study of practical occultism, theosophy and spiritualism.
Just shows you to avoid TNT.

I do.

One has to kind of take it seriously, its justifies just about everything and anything. They use it to justify what is happening in Israel, if they believe it or not, and its a huge business, and many think it was wrote by the creator itself. There are many who believe in Armageddon as well, even some in our congress. If you read Paul closely he tells you how to be a real good slave, God sees everything you do.

Well I dispute that God had anything to do with the bible, or any of the events it claims as history of the Jews.
Disputes are based on study.
What's the first verse you have a problem with?

Genesis 1.3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

That was day one of creation. Where did the light come from? because God did not create the sun until the fourth day.

I do.

So why do you put so much effort into something that shouldn't be taken seriously? Could it be you're just a troll?

I prefer to think of myself as a seeker of truth, and when I think something is not true I try to show it.

I do.

So why do you put so much effort into something that shouldn't be taken seriously? Could it be you're just a troll?

I prefer to think of myself as a seeker of truth, and when I think something is not true I try to show it.
Nah....that's not it.

Unless you do word for word and one word at a time your translation is subject to too much literary license.

- your translation is subject to too much literary license.

for a written document that does not exist as an original copy your concern may be the reason the veracity of those followers of the demi publications without physical verification's is at best self ingratiating and needlessly burdensome to society as a whole.

particularly the demagoguery.

I suppose you tried to say something in the English language but you were not too concerned about being cryptically vague.

I know Germans like you who in German can speak and not be understood for a single word.

I though until now that this character flaw was strictly Aryan but apparently not ... unless you too are Aryan ?!

:D
I suppose you tried to say something in the English language but you were not too concerned about being cryptically vague.

Oldest known Bible goes online - CNN.com

The oldest known copy of the Bible (complete Bible) in the world is the Codex Sinaiticus, dating from the 3rd or 4th century A.D.

the handwritten Codex Sinaiticus includes two books that are not part of the official New Testament and at least seven books that are not in the Old Testament.

Unless you do word for word and one word at a time your translation is subject to too much literary license.

- your translation is subject to too much literary license. .:banana:

just mussing the literary licensing being your concern when comparing an original scroll to an unverified document that is not an original, which does not exist and that it is a diversion from the oldest known publication dated Three to Four centuries past the event ....

your desired accuracy is beyond reproach.

Genesis 1.3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

That was day one of creation. Where did the light come from? because God did not create the sun until the fourth day.
That was spiritual light, not physical light.
If you could read Hebrew you would see what's happening in verses 3 and 4.
In verse 3, when God draws the Light from the darkness, it's NOT a creation, it was pulled out of the Choshek (more palpable than darkness).
Darkness is NOT lack of light.
That initial light, in verse 4, is withdrawn into the spiritual realm and it's OUR job to draw it back.
And yes, this explanation precedes your question by a few thousand years.

I do.

As long as your thinking is based on study.

Forum List

Back