Bible = female castration

.. But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die.

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city

- Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with [her] head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.

It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.

likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands,

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones

Like I said and have always said....it was written BY man FOR man.

images

.. But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die.

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with [her] head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.

It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.

likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands,

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones

Women too, the true half anyway :) And there are apocryphal gospels written by women but not canonized. Gospel of Mary et al.

Apocrypha: the Missing Books of the Bible : Interfaith

Of course Mary could not be in the bible with her story. She is...gasp...a woman. Jesus kissed her more than he did the apostles. How dare she come between Him and them? Hussy!

Blech

Through the most famous and popular book (the Bible) women were told that they came from a man's rib. That god was male. That Eve received Knowledge by eating a fruit from the Tree of Knowledge and therefore does not need to study anything. Through this image women have the idea that they, daughters of Eve, are born with knowledge and that they are very wise from the start. Don’t you think that this is a horrible lie? That this was done so that women worship men forever?

Women castrate themselves when they cease to be women in an effort to be more like men. The Bible affords women to be the very best that they were designed to be - that is - women. I, as a man, believe that femininity is a fabulous trait of the female's DNA. As a man, I've never looked down upon women who enjoy being women. On the flip side of the coin, I find women who practice masculinity to be somewhat of a turn-off. Just my 2 pennies.

The Bible was written by God (through men and - in some cases - women) for His creation. He often used women to further His cause and His message. In the New Testament He commands men to love and cherish their wives as Christ loved and cherished the church. The Bible makes it pretty clear that a man isn't complete without a woman to bring balance and stability. Together, they become one.

The Bible was written by God (through men and - in some cases - women) for His creation. He often used women to further His cause and His message. In the New Testament He commands men to love and cherish their wives as Christ loved and cherished the church. The Bible makes it pretty clear that a man isn't complete without a woman to bring balance and stability. Together, they become one.

You're absolutely right that man is incomplete without woman and vice versa. Neither is the man without the woman, nor the woman without the man in the Lord.

That won't stop some people from pretending otherwise.

It was less than 100 yrs ago that the US passed the 19th Amendment.

"The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged
by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation".

In the scope of history 100 yrs is a relatively short time. And when I was young the vestiges of institutionalized Patriarchy were still palpable and ugly in their effect. It wasn't "legal" to beat your wife, but it certainly wasn't something that would get you ostracized from "decent" society. And young girls were still encouraged to follow a path that would make them attractive to a good husband. Math in school?? No, No, "Home Economics", or typing. I'm sure a lot of you remember those days.

And of course America has still not rid itself of the trappings of Patriarchy. Old men are still enforcing or trying to enact new laws that dictate to women the decisions they can or cannot make regarding their own bodies.
The coat hanger solution and going off to visit "Aunt May" for a few months are horrors many women still relive every day. If you want to see the tragic results of one of societies solutions to the illegitimacy problem for thousands of otherwise innocent young girls see "Philomena". I watched it the other day not having anything else new on my list. I prejudged it as "chick flick" and expected to turn it off after a few minutes. Turned out to be one of the most enthralling and heartbreaking dramas I have seen for a very long time.

And of course America has still not rid itself of the trappings of Patriarchy. Old men are still enforcing or trying to enact new laws that dictate to women the decisions they can or cannot make regarding their own bodies.
The coat hanger solution and going off to visit "Aunt May" for a few months are horrors many women still relive every day.
You are so full of it. About half the population is against abortion, some totally, most unless it's medical. Many of those that oppose it are women.

CNN Poll: Majority of Americans Want Abortions Prohibited | LifeNews.com
CNN has released the results of a new poll showing a majority of Americans want all or most abortions prohibited — a clear pro-life majority.

The survey asked: “Do you think abortion should be legal under any circumstances, legal under only certain circumstances, or illegal in all circumstances?” Some 62 percent want abortions illegal in all cases or legal only in certain instances while just 35% want abortions legal for any reason.

No, the bible was written by men claiming to have heard the voice of "God". Not exactly a difficult claim to make since it can't be proven.
Why even now, Elvis is feeding me these words. Thank you vurra much.

Last edited:
The coat hanger solution and going off to visit "Aunt May" for a few months are horrors many women still relive every day.
You are so full of it. About half the population is against abortion, some totally, most unless it's medical. Many of those that oppose it are women.

CNN Poll: Majority of Americans Want Abortions Prohibited | LifeNews.com
CNN has released the results of a new poll showing a majority of Americans want all or most abortions prohibited — a clear pro-life majority.

The survey asked: “Do you think abortion should be legal under any circumstances, legal under only certain circumstances, or illegal in all circumstances?” Some 62 percent want abortions illegal in all cases or legal only in certain instances while just 35% want abortions legal for any reason.

From the poll;
"Here, 52 percent took a pro-life view saying abortion should be illegal in all (15%) or most circumstances (37%) while just 44 percent took a pro-abortion view saying abortions should be legal in all (35%) or most (9%) circumstances."

81% said abortion should be legal in at least some circumstances. Don't get the idea I "support" abortion. I hate it as I imagine most pro-women's right supporters do along with the vast majority of women who feel it is their last resort. What we support is their right to choose. And it's why we support education and the availability of birth control. The fewer abortions the better, nobody is disputing that.

Of course Mary could not be in the bible with her story. She is...gasp...a woman. Jesus kissed her more than he did the apostles. How dare she come between Him and them? Hussy!

Blech

That's what Reformation did to the people - it took Mary from their view.

It is interesting to observe how people differ ( as a majority) depending from where are they from - culturally. People from Catholic and Orthodox countries view women and relationships with them quite in a different way.

What does any of this have to do with they fact that the OP never read the source?

81% said abortion should be legal in at least some circumstances. Don't get the idea I "support" abortion. I hate it as I imagine most pro-women's right supporters do along with the vast majority of women who feel it is their last resort. What we support is their right to choose. And it's why we support education and the availability of birth control. The fewer abortions the better, nobody is disputing that.
Those "some circumstances" would be rape or incest. If 52% of the population took a pro-life stance there's no way 81% is giving it thumbs up.

I was responding to your charge that it was an oldboy thing keeping women down. That's just wrong. I believe it should be a state issue decided at the voting booth. If the majority wants it, fine. Let the folks decide.

Women in the Judeo-Christian tradition are in no way *inferior*.

That's just the way progressive yahoos see them, and thus they believe this is reflected in everything they perceive.

Women in the Bible are afforded more dignity and respect than any secular organization has ever been able to give them. They are viewed as pillars of strength. The first person Christ appeared to after his resurrection was a female.

Submission and humility are valued tenets of every religion. Submit to God, and to each other. And they are good tenets. Submission, loyalty, humility are indications of great character, honor and strength.

Arrogance is nothing but pure stupidity.

And the idea that women who practice humility and submission are somehow inferior is nothing but hubris, elitist superiority and on the part of the women who condemn them for it. It is demeaning and bigoted.

As it is when you apply the term "female castration". The implication being that women should have balls to be respected, and that if they behave in accordance with their faith, they are somehow something less than men.

No, the bible was written by men claiming to have heard the voice of "God". Not exactly a difficult claim to make since it can't be proven.
Why even now, Elvis is feeding me these words. Thank you vurra much.

Sure it can be proven. You can ask God for yourself.

and yet so few do.

That's just the way progressive yahoos see them, and thus they believe this is reflected in everything they perceive.

Women in the Bible are afforded more dignity and respect than any secular organization has ever been able to give them. They are viewed as pillars of strength. The first person Christ appeared to after his resurrection was a female.

Submission and humility are valued tenets of every religion. Submit to God, and to each other. And they are good tenets. Submission, loyalty, humility are indications of great character, honor and strength.

And the idea that women who practice humility and submission are somehow inferior is nothing but hubris, elitist superiority and on the part of the women who condemn them for it. It is demeaning and bigoted.

As it is when you apply the term "female castration". The implication being that women should have balls to be respected, and that if they behave in accordance with their faith, they are somehow something less than men.

But but but they said differently! It's not like people who are completely ignorant of the scriptures and have an agenda against Christianity would get it wrong:)

Depends on the religious culture.

Forum List

Back