Biden Admits He Will Raise Taxes

The US economy was doing fine under the Obama tax rate,

Not really.
Yes it was, as a matter of fact, Obama gave Trump a sound economy and grow job market and that whore in less than 4 fuckin years ruined everything, I hope he's hung by the balls in NY city

The Obama economy was flat. Trump got it going through eliminating anti-growth regulations put in place by Obama and by cutting taxes.

Prior to Covid, the economy had never been better, particularly for poor black folks.

Now, with a Democratic Senate, there is nothing to stop the Democrats. You Biden lovers might need a second job.
You can also make your kids get a job. Perhaps you should see a stockbroker and ask about tax shelters. You have been warned but you did not listen.
Again, Biden said that he would raise taxes on those making $400,000 or more.
The tax holiday for the super-wealthy will be reversed, as it should be.

Those who choose not to care, as you said.

It's worse than that. They all know. It's not even ignorance. I don't know what you'd call it at that point. Brazen hypocrisy?
Yeah, I've had a difficult time trying to narrow down to a bite-sized adjective. I do know that ideology can be an incredibly powerful thing, and that's the basis of this.

Yeah, I've had a difficult time trying to narrow down to a bite-sized adjective. I do know that ideology can be an incredibly powerful thing, and that's the basis of this.

Sometimes it seems like a sports game to them. They just want to see their team win, and if they don't get what they want they're willing to riot over it. I wonder how many loyal partisans actually hold their side accountable for anything.

Sometimes it seems like a sports game to them. They just want to see their team win, and if they don't get what they want they're willing to riot over it. I wonder how many loyal partisans actually hold their side accountable for anything.
Well, that's the problem on both ends right now: We've become so tribal and binary that virtually no one is willing to hold their own tribe accountable for pretty much ANYTHING.

I honestly don't know how anything can improve or heal unless and until that happens. That is just fundamental, or it USED to be.

That is just fundamental, or it USED to be.

I've never seen it in my lifetime. I wouldn't even call the people here dishonest. That happens a lot. You see your reality and somebody else just refuses to get it so we automatically want to think they're being dishonest. The reality though is everybody is just so lost in their partisan rhetoric and outrage that they're incapable of empathizing with the enemy, even enough to see the world from their perspective. "How bad my side is doesn't matter because YOUR side is evil."

Why are Americans even so angry? Life here is better than almost anywhere on Earth. Anger is out of proportion right now. It's like a bunch of petulant children that have forgotten how good they have it.

Why are Americans even so angry? Life here is better than almost anywhere on Earth. Anger is out of proportion right now. It's like a bunch of petulant children that have forgotten how good they have it.
I don't want to over-simplify it, but I do think the answer to that is pretty specific:

There are a lot of people who have a vested professional interest in making us, and keeping us, as angry and paranoid and aggressive as possible. Then our worst tribal instincts take over and it just multiplies.

There is no doubt that those people are winning right now.

I don't want to over-simplify it, but I do think the answer to that is pretty specific:

There are a lot of people who have a vested professional interest in making us, and keeping us, as angry and paranoid and aggressive as possible. Then our worst tribal instincts take over and it just multiplies.

You don't get the impression that the establishment doesn't want Donald Trump though? Even right wing elites disparaged Trump and wanted him to lose to Ted. I think Trump scares them because he risks throwing things out of balance. Their main goal is to maintain order and illusion.

We are $28 trillion in debt so someone saying "I will raise taxes" is simply saying they are willing to be responsible for our debt.

Problem?
The US economy was doing fine under the Obama tax rate, even then the Debt under Obama doubled. Under Trump the Debt doubled again. Under Biden the Debt will keep going up. The crap hits the fan in 2022 or 2023 when the Fed needs to raise the interest rate and the cost of paying for that borrowed money crushes the US Budget, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth....

Save us Joe Manchin. Stop the Green New Deal and other wasteful spending!

Will Biden actually address the debt? I have my doubts BUT what I asked still stands.

We are $28 trillion in debt. If someone says they are going to raise taxes they are saying they are going to be responsible for the debt.

Problem?

We all should demand we address our debt. We all love our "free stuff" but only like to condemn it out of others. Maybe if the taxes hurt enough they will start condemning "their guy" also.

If those who supported Trump have to pay higher taxes they only have his $8 trillion in new debt and tax cuts to blame.
Your post is confusing?!
1. Will Biden address the Debt? Short answer is NO.
2. If someone raises taxes and increases spending even more, are they addressing the Debt? HELL NO.
3. Problem? The "problem" is spending, and "spending" means entitlements. Much of the Federal Budget is "structural", i.e. "mandatory" spending, such as SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare, and interest on the Debt. (see 2019 Budget below)
4. The Fed can "print money" but that only goes so far, if/when inflation exceeds 2%, the dollar eventually becomes worthless. We're on a very dangerous financial track.
5. Higher income taxes won't hit Trump supporters any more than the democrats. What will hit everyone is Bidens energy policy, with higher gas and electricity costs, and that will increase the cost of everything.

2019 Federal Budget
Mandatory spending $2.74T

Social Security $878b
Medicare $625b
Medicaid $412b
Welfare $462b
Interest on the Debt $363b

Discretionary $1.3T
Defense $893.0b
HHS $70.0b
Education $59.9b
VA $83.1b
Homeland $52.7b
Energy Dept $29.2b
NNSA $15.1b
HUD $29.2b
State Dept $40.3b
NASA $19.0b
Foreign Aid $55.0b
All Other Agencies $78.1

You don't get the impression that the establishment doesn't want Donald Trump though? Even right wing elites disparaged Trump and wanted him to lose to Ted. I think Trump scares them because he risks throwing things out of balance. Their main goal is to maintain order and illusion.
I guess that's possible, but I think it's more possible that there are a lot of people who look at Trump and Trumpism as flagrantly and fundamentally dangerous to the well-being of this country. If those people happen to hold positions in what would be called "the establishment" or the "deep state", it may be more coincidental than conspiratorial.

I guess that's possible, but I think it's more possible that there are a lot of people who look at Trump and Trumpism as flagrantly and fundamentally dangerous to the well-being of this country. If those people happen to hold positions in what would be called "the establishment" or the "deep state", it may be more coincidental than conspiratorial.

In my opinion Trump is one of the most accurate representatives of ordinary right wingers. He believes a lot of the same stuff they do, and he says it the way they do too. He's not bullshitting and that's why they love him. If you want to keep out people like Trump then you want to keep out real right wing representation in government. That's how they feel. That's who they are.

We are $28 trillion in debt so someone saying "I will raise taxes" is simply saying they are willing to be responsible for our debt.

Problem?
The US economy was doing fine under the Obama tax rate, even then the Debt under Obama doubled. Under Trump the Debt doubled again. Under Biden the Debt will keep going up. The crap hits the fan in 2022 or 2023 when the Fed needs to raise the interest rate and the cost of paying for that borrowed money crushes the US Budget, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth....

Save us Joe Manchin. Stop the Green New Deal and other wasteful spending!

Will Biden actually address the debt? I have my doubts BUT what I asked still stands.

We are $28 trillion in debt. If someone says they are going to raise taxes they are saying they are going to be responsible for the debt.

Problem?

We all should demand we address our debt. We all love our "free stuff" but only like to condemn it out of others. Maybe if the taxes hurt enough they will start condemning "their guy" also.

If those who supported Trump have to pay higher taxes they only have his $8 trillion in new debt and tax cuts to blame.
Your post is confusing?!
1. Will Biden address the Debt? Short answer is NO.
2. If someone raises taxes and increases spending even more, are they addressing the Debt? HELL NO.
3. Problem? The "problem" is spending, and "spending" means entitlements. Much of the Federal Budget is "structural", i.e. "mandatory" spending, such as SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare, and interest on the Debt. (see 2019 Budget below)
4. The Fed can "print money" but that only goes so far, if/when inflation exceeds 2%, the dollar eventually becomes worthless. We're on a very dangerous financial track.
5. Higher income taxes won't hit Trump supporters any more than the democrats. What will hit everyone is Bidens energy policy, with higher gas and electricity costs, and that will increase the cost of everything.

2019 Federal Budget
Mandatory spending $2.74T

Social Security $878b
Medicare $625b
Medicaid $412b
Welfare $462b
Interest on the Debt $363b

Discretionary $1.3T
Defense $893.0b
HHS $70.0b
Education $59.9b
VA $83.1b
Homeland $52.7b
Energy Dept $29.2b
NNSA $15.1b
HUD $29.2b
State Dept $40.3b
NASA $19.0b
Foreign Aid $55.0b
All Other Agencies $78.1

If Biden raised taxed 1 Trillion and then spends an extra 2 trillion that won't help BUT it won't be as bad as the one who cuts taxes and then spends an extra 2 trillion.

I'm all for slashing some of the things you list. I'm also for raising taxes to address our debt. Why are you so eager to avoid paying your portion?

In my opinion Trump is one of the most accurate representatives of ordinary right wingers. He believes a lot of the same stuff they do, and he says it the way they do too. He's not bullshitting and that's why they love him. If you want to keep out people like Trump then you want to keep out real right wing representation in government. That's how they feel. That's who they are.
I'm not exactly sure. And I'm not sure that he says what he thinks. My impression is that his presidential campaign, and his presidency, has been based on one very smart marketing tactic: Identify a large-enough target market, one that is easily reachable, and go after it with a vengeance. You'll pick up some peripheral business along the way, but never lose your grip on your target market.

Remember who McDonald's marketed to as it was exploding in size? Not you or me. Children. And the parents came along and ate too, even though the food was shit.

Trump fixated like a laser on the talk radio crowd and has never stopped. What he REALLY thinks about anything, to me, is anyone's guess.

I'm not exactly sure. And I'm not sure that he says what he thinks. My impression is that his presidential campaign, and his presidency, has been based on one very smart marketing tactic: Identify a large-enough target market, one that is easily reachable, and go after it with a vengeance. You'll pick up some peripheral business along the way, but never lose your grip on your target market.

Remember who McDonald's marketed to as it was exploding in size? Not you or me. Children. And the parents came along and ate too, even though the food was shit.

Trump fixated like a laser on the talk radio crowd and has never stopped. What he REALLY thinks about anything, to me, is anyone's guess.

Trump isn't the kind of person that holds back how he really feels. Honestly he's just not smart enough to be as manipulative as a person like Ted Cruz. What you saw at those 2016 Trump rallies was real belief and even real passion. His people sense that and it resonates with them. It's kind of like the impact Bernie Sanders has on the left wing. A lot of people love him because they know he actually means it.

Forum List

Back