Biden Admits He Will Raise Taxes

I'm not exactly sure. And I'm not sure that he says what he thinks. My impression is that his presidential campaign, and his presidency, has been based on one very smart marketing tactic: Identify a large-enough target market, one that is easily reachable, and go after it with a vengeance. You'll pick up some peripheral business along the way, but never lose your grip on your target market.

Remember who McDonald's marketed to as it was exploding in size? Not you or me. Children. And the parents came along and ate too, even though the food was shit.

Trump fixated like a laser on the talk radio crowd and has never stopped. What he REALLY thinks about anything, to me, is anyone's guess.

Trump isn't the kind of person that holds back how he really feels. Honestly he's just not smart enough to be as manipulative as a person like Ted Cruz. What you saw at those 2016 Trump rallies was real belief and even real passion. His people sense that and it resonates with them. It's kind of like the impact Bernie Sanders has on the left wing. A lot of people love him because they know he actually means it.

Trump was acting on a TV show. That's why he didn't realize what the results of his actions would be. He is used to living in a scripted world.

Trump was acting on a TV show. That's why he didn't realize what the results of his actions would be. He is used to living in a scripted world.

I think he means the things he says about China, immigration and the troops.

Now, with a Democratic Senate, there is nothing to stop the Democrats. You Biden lovers might need a second job.
You can also make your kids get a job. Perhaps you should see a stockbroker and ask about tax shelters. You have been warned but you did not listen.
Again, Biden said that he would raise taxes on those making $400,000 or more.
The tax holiday for the super-wealthy will be reversed, as it should be.

The Trump tax cut helped every taxpayer and Jojo dimwit will eliminate it. The Dumbocrats have been babbling about that $400,000 for decades and never made it law. It's not even mentioned in the IR Code. It's a lie.

I'm not exactly sure. And I'm not sure that he says what he thinks. My impression is that his presidential campaign, and his presidency, has been based on one very smart marketing tactic: Identify a large-enough target market, one that is easily reachable, and go after it with a vengeance. You'll pick up some peripheral business along the way, but never lose your grip on your target market.

Remember who McDonald's marketed to as it was exploding in size? Not you or me. Children. And the parents came along and ate too, even though the food was shit.

Trump fixated like a laser on the talk radio crowd and has never stopped. What he REALLY thinks about anything, to me, is anyone's guess.

Trump isn't the kind of person that holds back how he really feels. Honestly he's just not smart enough to be as manipulative as a person like Ted Cruz. What you saw at those 2016 Trump rallies was real belief and even real passion. His people sense that and it resonates with them. It's kind of like the impact Bernie Sanders has on the left wing. A lot of people love him because they know he actually means it.
That could be. He also definitely strikes me as one of those people who will pretty much anything in the moment, but then immediately and completely believe every single syllable. I just can't take people like that seriously.

But on a larger and far more important scale, I've said many times here that Trump is not really the problem. One person never is. The problem is the people who enable him. Cruz and Pence and all of them. His followers. That's the damn problem.

We are $28 trillion in debt so someone saying "I will raise taxes" is simply saying they are willing to be responsible for our debt.

Problem?
The US economy was doing fine under the Obama tax rate, even then the Debt under Obama doubled. Under Trump the Debt doubled again. Under Biden the Debt will keep going up. The crap hits the fan in 2022 or 2023 when the Fed needs to raise the interest rate and the cost of paying for that borrowed money crushes the US Budget, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth....

Save us Joe Manchin. Stop the Green New Deal and other wasteful spending!

Will Biden actually address the debt? I have my doubts BUT what I asked still stands.

We are $28 trillion in debt. If someone says they are going to raise taxes they are saying they are going to be responsible for the debt.

Problem?

We all should demand we address our debt. We all love our "free stuff" but only like to condemn it out of others. Maybe if the taxes hurt enough they will start condemning "their guy" also.

If those who supported Trump have to pay higher taxes they only have his $8 trillion in new debt and tax cuts to blame.
Your post is confusing?!
1. Will Biden address the Debt? Short answer is NO.
2. If someone raises taxes and increases spending even more, are they addressing the Debt? HELL NO.
3. Problem? The "problem" is spending, and "spending" means entitlements. Much of the Federal Budget is "structural", i.e. "mandatory" spending, such as SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare, and interest on the Debt. (see 2019 Budget below)
4. The Fed can "print money" but that only goes so far, if/when inflation exceeds 2%, the dollar eventually becomes worthless. We're on a very dangerous financial track.
5. Higher income taxes won't hit Trump supporters any more than the democrats. What will hit everyone is Bidens energy policy, with higher gas and electricity costs, and that will increase the cost of everything.

2019 Federal Budget
Mandatory spending $2.74T

Social Security $878b
Medicare $625b
Medicaid $412b
Welfare $462b
Interest on the Debt $363b

Discretionary $1.3T
Defense $893.0b
HHS $70.0b
Education $59.9b
VA $83.1b
Homeland $52.7b
Energy Dept $29.2b
NNSA $15.1b
HUD $29.2b
State Dept $40.3b
NASA $19.0b
Foreign Aid $55.0b
All Other Agencies $78.1

If Biden raised taxed 1 Trillion and then spends an extra 2 trillion that won't help BUT it won't be as bad as the one who cuts taxes and then spends an extra 2 trillion.

I'm all for slashing some of the things you list. I'm also for raising taxes to address our debt. Why are you so eager to avoid paying your portion?
1. The GOP economic assumption as shown in their Budgets is to grow the GDP at 4% or more with the tax cuts. We can say that is just plain STUPID, but that was their plan. Obama and Trump actually grew the economy at about 2%, so their rosy growth assumption failed.
2. The bad news is that we need to "fix" entitlements or they go bankrupt. SS will be bankrupt about 2030, and Medicare will be insolvent in 2026, and the democrats talk about "Medicare for all", WTF???
3. So Biden needs to "fix" SS & Medicare ASAP. (raise retirement age, raise co-pays, remove caps, etc.)
4. Why do you say I'm eager to avoid paying taxes? I pay whatever I owe. Look at the wealthy who buy their loopholes.

Now, with a Democratic Senate, there is nothing to stop the Democrats. You Biden lovers might need a second job.
You can also make your kids get a job. Perhaps you should see a stockbroker and ask about tax shelters. You have been warned but you did not listen.
Again, Biden said that he would raise taxes on those making $400,000 or more.
The tax holiday for the super-wealthy will be reversed, as it should be.

The Trump tax cut helped every taxpayer and Jojo dimwit will eliminate it. The Dumbocrats have been babbling about that $400,000 for decades and never made it law. It's not even mentioned in the IR Code. It's a lie.
Would you like to comment on post 3 of this thread?

I think he means the things he says about China, immigration and the troops.

He meant none of them because he didn't actually do anything about any of it. He knew what slogans would go over well on television.

That could be. He also definitely strikes me as one of those people who will pretty much anything in the moment, but then immediately and completely believe every single syllable. I just can't take people like that seriously.

But on a larger and far more important scale, I've said many times here that Trump is not really the problem. One person never is. The problem is the people who enable him. Cruz and Pence and all of them. His followers. That's the damn problem.

I think it would be a good thing if we had more right wingers like Trump and less right wingers like Ted Cruz.

He meant none of them because he didn't actually do anything about any of it. He knew what slogans would go over well on television.

He almost started a trade war by himself. His power to act unilaterally is very limited. Not a lot of Republicans want to piss off China, bring the troops home or even make big moves with immigration.

We are $28 trillion in debt so someone saying "I will raise taxes" is simply saying they are willing to be responsible for our debt.

Problem?
The US economy was doing fine under the Obama tax rate, even then the Debt under Obama doubled. Under Trump the Debt doubled again. Under Biden the Debt will keep going up. The crap hits the fan in 2022 or 2023 when the Fed needs to raise the interest rate and the cost of paying for that borrowed money crushes the US Budget, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth....

Will Biden actually address the debt? I have my doubts BUT what I asked still stands.

We are $28 trillion in debt. If someone says they are going to raise taxes they are saying they are going to be responsible for the debt.

Problem?

We all should demand we address our debt. We all love our "free stuff" but only like to condemn it out of others. Maybe if the taxes hurt enough they will start condemning "their guy" also.

If those who supported Trump have to pay higher taxes they only have his $8 trillion in new debt and tax cuts to blame.
Your post is confusing?!
2. If someone raises taxes and increases spending even more, are they addressing the Debt? HELL NO.
3. Problem? The "problem" is spending, and "spending" means entitlements. Much of the Federal Budget is "structural", i.e. "mandatory" spending, such as SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare, and interest on the Debt. (see 2019 Budget below)
4. The Fed can "print money" but that only goes so far, if/when inflation exceeds 2%, the dollar eventually becomes worthless. We're on a very dangerous financial track.
5. Higher income taxes won't hit Trump supporters any more than the democrats. What will hit everyone is Bidens energy policy, with higher gas and electricity costs, and that will increase the cost of everything.

2019 Federal Budget

Social Security $878b
Medicare $625b
Medicaid $412b
Welfare $462b

Discretionary $1.3T
Defense $893.0b
HHS $70.0b
Education $59.9b
VA $83.1b
Homeland $52.7b
Energy Dept $29.2b
NNSA $15.1b
HUD $29.2b
State Dept $40.3b
NASA $19.0b
Foreign Aid $55.0b
All Other Agencies $78.1

If Biden raised taxed 1 Trillion and then spends an extra 2 trillion that won't help BUT it won't be as bad as the one who cuts taxes and then spends an extra 2 trillion.

I'm all for slashing some of the things you list. I'm also for raising taxes to address our debt. Why are you so eager to avoid paying your portion?
1. The GOP economic assumption as shown in their Budgets is to grow the GDP at 4% or more with the tax cuts. We can say that is just plain STUPID, but that was their plan. Obama and Trump actually grew the economy at about 2%, so their rosy growth assumption failed.
2. The bad news is that we need to "fix" entitlements or they go bankrupt. SS will be bankrupt about 2030, and Medicare will be insolvent in 2026, and the democrats talk about "Medicare for all", WTF???
3. So Biden needs to "fix" SS & Medicare ASAP. (raise retirement age, raise co-pays, remove caps, etc.)
4. Why do you say I'm eager to avoid paying taxes? I pay whatever I owe. Look at the wealthy who buy their loopholes.

AND we need to raise taxes. Also, take out the money the Fed simply created out of nothing and we are negative growth. It's all a paper mirage. We have to address the debt.

I think it would be a good thing if we had more right wingers like Trump and less right wingers like Ted Cruz.
Well, I'd rather have fewer of both.

Another poster here used a great word to describe Cruz: "Craven".

He almost started a trade war by himself. His power to act unilaterally is very limited. Not a lot of Republicans want to piss off China, bring the troops home or even make big moves with immigration.

A trade war benefits no one. He said negotiating with the Chinese would be easy. He enacted tariffs and slithered away while China strengthened their position around the world. Do you consider that MAGA?

Problem?

Problem?

Your post is confusing?!

2019 Federal Budget

Social Security $878b
Medicare $625b
Medicaid $412b
Welfare $462b

Discretionary $1.3T
Defense $893.0b
HHS $70.0b
Education $59.9b
VA $83.1b
Homeland $52.7b
Energy Dept $29.2b
NNSA $15.1b
HUD $29.2b
State Dept $40.3b
NASA $19.0b
Foreign Aid $55.0b
All Other Agencies $78.1

AND we need to raise taxes. Also, take out the money the Fed simply created out of nothing and we are negative growth. It's all a paper mirage. We have to address the debt.
How should we address our $27T Debt? The last time we had a Balanced Budget was when Newt had his "Contract with America".
So where would you cut spending, and where would you raise revenue?
Here are my recommendations:

• A. Hire another "Grace Commission" to audit and fix the Federal budget deficit
  • B. Cut Spending: [CUT $625b a year]
    1. Cut defense to 2017 levels of $600b until the Debt is reduced, saving $150b
    2. Cut foreign aid $55b (until Debt is paid we can't borrow to give money away)
    3. Cut Welfare $200b & Medicaid $200b (about half)
    4. Cut education $20b (state responsibility)

US Government Defense Spending History with Charts - a www.usgovernmentspending.com briefing
  • C. To cover the budget deficit the following taxes need to be raised:
    1. Raise the top tax rate ~7% above 2016 levels +$400b
    2. Implement a new ~3% Fed sales tax +$400b
    3. Implement a new transaction tax on all stocks & bonds
    Impose a Tax on Financial Transactions | Congressional Budget Office +$100b
    4. Implement a new remittances tax/fee on all money sent out of the US
    Taxing Remittances Can Build the Wall 2% of $140b is +$3b a year
  • D. Reform "fix" entitlements, Medicare & Social Security, currently projected to be insolvent:

Problem?

Problem?

Your post is confusing?!

2019 Federal Budget

Social Security $878b
Medicare $625b
Medicaid $412b
Welfare $462b

Discretionary $1.3T
Defense $893.0b
HHS $70.0b
Education $59.9b
VA $83.1b
Homeland $52.7b
Energy Dept $29.2b
NNSA $15.1b
HUD $29.2b
State Dept $40.3b
NASA $19.0b
Foreign Aid $55.0b
All Other Agencies $78.1

How should we address our $27T Debt? The last time we had a Balanced Budget was when Newt had his "Contract with America".
So where would you cut spending, and where would you raise revenue?
Here are my recommendations:

• A. Hire another "Grace Commission" to audit and fix the Federal budget deficit
  • B. Cut Spending: [CUT $625b a year]
    1. Cut defense to 2017 levels of $600b until the Debt is reduced, saving $150b
    2. Cut foreign aid $55b (until Debt is paid we can't borrow to give money away)
    3. Cut Welfare $200b & Medicaid $200b (about half)
    4. Cut education $20b (state responsibility)

US Government Defense Spending History with Charts - a www.usgovernmentspending.com briefing
  • C. To cover the budget deficit the following taxes need to be raised:
    1. Raise the top tax rate ~7% above 2016 levels +$400b
    2. Implement a new ~3% Fed sales tax +$400b
    3. Implement a new transaction tax on all stocks & bonds
    Impose a Tax on Financial Transactions | Congressional Budget Office +$100b
    4. Implement a new remittances tax/fee on all money sent out of the US
    Taxing Remittances Can Build the Wall 2% of $140b is +$3b a year
  • D. Reform "fix" entitlements, Medicare & Social Security, currently projected to be insolvent:

I'm going to cut the military and foreign aid. I'm going to cut the bail outs. I'm going to raise taxes. I'm going to make sure the poor does not suffer more than they do now.

P.S. We are $28 trillion in debt.

A trade war benefits no one. He said negotiating with the Chinese would be easy. He enacted tariffs and slithered away while China strengthened their position around the world. Do you consider that MAGA?

We could bring China to its knees economically if we wanted to. Again, Trump doesn't have the power to make big decisions unilaterally.

We could bring China to its knees economically if we wanted to. Again, Trump doesn't have the power to make big decisions unilaterally.

No we can't. Or at least not without crashing the markets and we are not going to do that.

And what does anyone benefit by doing that?

Gee...and just yesterday a leftie I reminded of this denied it was ever said.

Problem?

so tell me where is the government going to get 28 trillion dollars?

It ain't just the so called rich.

No we can't. Or at least not without crashing the markets and we are not going to do that.

We absolutely could. We buy a lot of the stupid shit they make. We'd probably cripple Walmart in the process. Win?

Problem?

so tell me where is the government going to get 28 trillion dollars?

It ain't just the so called rich.

If I had all the answers it would take thousands of pages and I would be in office.

We are going to have to raise taxes.

Forum List

Back