Biden got a prosecutor in Ukraine fired for investigating his son...

...please someone explain why Trump is in trouble? I'm not following...
Biden’s guilt is irrelevant to the point. It is illegal for a public official to gain anything of value from a foreign power for the sake of undermining anyone within the country.
Really? I'm a lawyer so I'd like to see what case, statute, rule or regulation you are citing to support that statement.
You’re a lawyer? You have got to be fucking kidding me lol.

What Is the Emoluments Clause?

The foreign emoluments clause also broadly encompasses any kind of profit, benefit, advantage, or service, not merely gifts of money or valuable objects. Thus, it would prohibit a federal officeholder from receiving special consideration in business transactions with a foreign state (or with a corporation owned or managed by a foreign state) that gave the officeholder a competitive advantage over other businesses. Arguably, as the legal scholar Laurence Tribe and others have suggested, the clause would forbid even competitively fair transactions with foreign states, because the profit accruing to the officeholder would fall within the ordinary meaning of “emolument,” and because such arrangements would threaten exactly the kind of improper influence that the clause was intended to prevent.

The Emoluments clause is for receiving gifts or money, not releasing public information or enforcing the law.

I would say nice try, but it was really wasn’t.
So you’re just choosing to ignore the actual text? Got it.
You need to explain where you're going with this. You can't just cite the law and then not explain why you cited it.

The foreign emoluments clause also broadly encompasses any kind of profit, benefit, advantage, or service, not merely gifts of money or valuable objects. Thus, it would prohibit a federal officeholder from receiving special consideration in business transactions with a foreign state (or with a corporation owned or managed by a foreign state) that gave the officeholder a competitive advantage over other businesses. Arguably, as the legal scholar Laurence Tribe and others have suggested, the clause would forbid even competitively fair transactions with foreign states, because the profit accruing to the officeholder would fall within the ordinary meaning of “emolument,” and because such arrangements would threaten exactly the kind of improper influence that the clause was intended to prevent.
The Emoluments Clause?

Really?

You're that desperate?

Good show Blackrook. A little contribution to the conversation.

What do you two jokers think this video shows?

I think it illuminates the hypocrisy present in the SYSTEM. Biden was completely transparent on openly working to eliminate the Ukrainian prosecutor pivotal in the investigation of his son and the elements supporting his son...yet "orange man bad!"

Biden’s guilt is irrelevant to the point. It is illegal for a public official to gain anything of value from a foreign power for the sake of undermining anyone within the country.
Really? I'm a lawyer so I'd like to see what case, statute, rule or regulation you are citing to support that statement.
Knowing your posting history I'm gonna hafta call "bullshit" here.
Unlike you, I don't lie on this forum. When I say I'm a lawyer, I am.
Perhaps you can explain Campaign Finance Law. Start with 52 U.S.C. 30121
You explain it. I've had a long day looking up the law and I'm tired.
Why did you ask for it? 52 U.S.C. 302121 makes soliciting a favor or gift as a campaign contribution from a foreign government or national a felony. Plain enough for you now?

Why did you ask for it? 52 U.S.C. 302121 makes soliciting a favor or gift as a campaign contribution from a foreign government or national a felony. Plain enough for you now?
You stupid fuck that didn't happen.

I'm just wondering when all the insanity stops.
I'm thinking shortly after you stop posting it.
Well, I'm not the one saying we have to impeach Trump for the billionth time.
I'm not either.

First, a billion is a whole lotta times. In fact, if they tried to impeach him once per second for the next 30 years they wouldn't quite get to a billion. Now how do you feel about a little bit of exaggeration for effect?

Second, I've been against impeachment all along. It's pointless as long as the Senate is populated by Moscow Mitch's meatpuppets.
That's McCarthyism to call him that. I thought Democrats were against McCarthyism. Not anymore.
Ah, the good old conservitard subject change. A sure sign you know you are outmatched.

And it's only McCarthyism if the accusations are unfounded. Sadly Mitch really does seem to have Putin's best interests at heart.

I think it illuminates the hypocrisy present in the SYSTEM. Biden was completely transparent on openly working to eliminate the Ukrainian prosecutor pivotal in the investigation of his son and the elements supporting his son...yet "orange man bad!"

The prosecutor was fired and your Russian sourced video all happened before Biden's kid ever went to work in Ukraine.

The prosecutor was fired and your Russian sourced video all happened before Biden's kid ever went to work in Ukraine.

How could the video exist before the issues they reported on existed? You liberals are rock fuckin stupid.

The Emoluments Clause?

Really?

You're that desperate?
Lol stop pretending you even knew this existed before I posted it.

In other words, the ends justify the means, except when it involves another top democratic contender again mired in crime. Then no matter how great the crime, no means matter. It is only OK for a public official to gain value from a foreign power to undermine an opponent when that opponent is Trump. Then the alleged guilt is EVERYTHING.

Course, I'm still waiting for one person to show me what Trump "gained," or how Biden has been undermined.

That liar is not a lawyer.

Actually Billy you jackass, there was no business transaction between Trump and Ukraine. You just inadvertently made the case against Biden, whose son was up to his neck in business and Big Daddy Joe was trying to lean on Ukraine to save his ass.

That's right, Creep. Everyone here is a liar. Everything they say is a lie. No one ever makes a factual statement about themselves! Everyone here are actually door greeters at Walmart. That means all your claims of owning a business were a lie too. Thanks for just discrediting 10,000 threads here! :21:

I can prove I'm a lawyer:

Res ipsa loquitor.

I know what it means, do you?

Biden did no such thing. The international community wanted the prosecutor removed. This has been explained to you conservatives over and over. Try to keep up please.
The international community didn't want Hunter Biden to be prosecuted?

Why?
Hunter Biden wasn't unter investigation. The prosecutors removal had nothing to do with him. These things have been explained to you repeatedly.

Didn't you just claim to be a lawyer? If so how can you possibly not understand this?

So then Shokin's official statement about Biden, that was a lie too? :cuckoo: Just how far does your delirium of denial go?

That's right, Creep. Everyone here is a liar. Everything they say is a lie. No one ever makes a factual statement about themselves! Everyone here are actually door greeters at Walmart. That means all your claims of owning a business were a lie too. Thanks for just discrediting 10,000 threads here! :21:
hqdefault.jpg

Biden did no such thing. The international community wanted the prosecutor removed. This has been explained to you conservatives over and over. Try to keep up please.
The international community didn't want Hunter Biden to be prosecuted?

Why?
Hunter Biden wasn't unter investigation. The prosecutors removal had nothing to do with him. These things have been explained to you repeatedly.

Didn't you just claim to be a lawyer? If so how can you possibly not understand this?

So then Shokin's official statement about Biden, that was a lie too? :cuckoo: Just how far does your delirium of denial go?
Wait, the guy that was so corrupt the whole international community wanted him sacked says it isn't true?

Well stop the presses!!!!

Forum List

Back