Biden got a prosecutor in Ukraine fired for investigating his son...

...please someone explain why Trump is in trouble? I'm not following...
Biden’s guilt is irrelevant to the point. It is illegal for a public official to gain anything of value from a foreign power for the sake of undermining anyone within the country.
Really? I'm a lawyer so I'd like to see what case, statute, rule or regulation you are citing to support that statement.
You’re a lawyer? You have got to be fucking kidding me lol.

What Is the Emoluments Clause?

The foreign emoluments clause also broadly encompasses any kind of profit, benefit, advantage, or service, not merely gifts of money or valuable objects. Thus, it would prohibit a federal officeholder from receiving special consideration in business transactions with a foreign state (or with a corporation owned or managed by a foreign state) that gave the officeholder a competitive advantage over other businesses. Arguably, as the legal scholar Laurence Tribe and others have suggested, the clause would forbid even competitively fair transactions with foreign states, because the profit accruing to the officeholder would fall within the ordinary meaning of “emolument,” and because such arrangements would threaten exactly the kind of improper influence that the clause was intended to prevent.

The Emoluments clause is for receiving gifts or money, not releasing public information or enforcing the law.

I would say nice try, but it was really wasn’t.

You mean Billy pulled another boner out of his ass? I'm shocked.

Biden did no such thing. The international community wanted the prosecutor removed. This has been explained to you conservatives over and over. Try to keep up please.
The international community didn't want Hunter Biden to be prosecuted?

Why?
Hunter Biden wasn't unter investigation. The prosecutors removal had nothing to do with him. These things have been explained to you repeatedly.

Didn't you just claim to be a lawyer? If so how can you possibly not understand this?

So then Shokin's official statement about Biden, that was a lie too? :cuckoo: Just how far does your delirium of denial go?
Wait, the guy that was so corrupt the whole international community wanted him sacked says it isn't true?

Well stop the presses!!!!

By your idiot reasoning, since most of America wanted MLK sacked to the point that someone finally murdered him, then I guess that proves King was wrong and corrupt too.

Good show Blackrook. A little contribution to the conversation.

What do you two jokers think this video shows?

I think it illuminates the hypocrisy present in the SYSTEM. Biden was completely transparent on openly working to eliminate the Ukrainian prosecutor pivotal in the investigation of his son and the elements supporting his son...yet "orange man bad!"

How did Biden removing a prosecutor help his son?

Biden’s guilt is irrelevant to the point. It is illegal for a public official to gain anything of value from a foreign power for the sake of undermining anyone within the country.
Really? I'm a lawyer so I'd like to see what case, statute, rule or regulation you are citing to support that statement.
You’re a lawyer? You have got to be fucking kidding me lol.

What Is the Emoluments Clause?

The foreign emoluments clause also broadly encompasses any kind of profit, benefit, advantage, or service, not merely gifts of money or valuable objects. Thus, it would prohibit a federal officeholder from receiving special consideration in business transactions with a foreign state (or with a corporation owned or managed by a foreign state) that gave the officeholder a competitive advantage over other businesses. Arguably, as the legal scholar Laurence Tribe and others have suggested, the clause would forbid even competitively fair transactions with foreign states, because the profit accruing to the officeholder would fall within the ordinary meaning of “emolument,” and because such arrangements would threaten exactly the kind of improper influence that the clause was intended to prevent.

The Emoluments clause is for receiving gifts or money, not releasing public information or enforcing the law.

I would say nice try, but it was really wasn’t.
Favors and gifts are the same as money. Trump specifically asked for a favor. or a thing of value.

President Trump gets nothing in return.

Unlike Biden, who got his son off the hook.

I think it illuminates the hypocrisy present in the SYSTEM. Biden was completely transparent on openly working to eliminate the Ukrainian prosecutor pivotal in the investigation of his son and the elements supporting his son...yet "orange man bad!"

lol...maybe because the Ukrainian government was investigating the actions of Hunter Biden and Burisma Holdings a Ukrainian petro trading company..

If you’re a lawyer, Donald Trump is a brain surgeon. Your utter lack of knowledge of basic legal principles tells me that this is a lie.

If you really were a lawyer, you wouldn’t be asking what law did Trump break because you’d know that he doesn’t have to break a law to be impeached. In this case, there is no law, it’s the actual Constitution that Trump violated.

If you were really a lawyer, you’d know that.

lol...maybe because the Ukrainian government was investigating the actions of Hunter Biden and Burisma Holdings a Ukrainian petro trading company..

Except that the Ukrainian government wasn’t investigating Burisma or Hunter Biden. And worse for you, the prosecutor was fired because he WASN’T investigating Burisma, not because he was.

Except that the Ukrainian government wasn’t investigating Burisma or Hunter Biden. And worse for you, the prosecutor was fired because he WASN’T investigating Burisma, not because he was.

talkin out yer ass again cat lady.

"But Ukrainian officials tell me there was one crucial piece of information that Biden must have known but didn’t mention to his audience: The prosecutor he got fired was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into the natural gas firm Burisma Holdings that employed Biden’s younger son, Hunter, as a board member."

Joe Biden's 2020 Ukrainian nightmare: A closed probe is revived

Burisma WAS under investigation and...Hunter Biden...as a board member was a subject of inquiry as well.

How could the video exist before the issues they reported on existed? You liberals are rock fuckin stupid.
Well maybe because the video was made a YEAR after the fact.
And YOU have the gall to call anyone "rock fuckin' STUPID!
Yeah inquiries into past matters tend to involve studies conducted after the fact...douche nozzle.
Read your OWN words :asshole:
I think we are talking about two different videos. Please elaborate.

How could the video exist before the issues they reported on existed? You liberals are rock fuckin stupid.
Yeah inquiries into past matters tend to involve studies conducted after the fact...douche nozzle.
I'm talking about the RUSSIAN video YOU posted!

"But Ukrainian officials tell me there was one crucial piece of information that Biden must have known but didn’t mention to his audience: The prosecutor he got fired was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into the natural gas firm Burisma Holdings that employed Biden’s younger son, Hunter, as a board member."

Burisma WAS under investigation and...Hunter Biden...as a board member was a subject of inquiry as well.

Well the New Republic doesn’t think much of your article:

The Beltway Rot Of "The Hill," DC's Dodgiest Newspaper

I'm talking about the RUSSIAN video YOU posted!
So Hunter Biden was involved with Burisma...Joe Biden worked with the Ukrainian government to get the Attorney General of the Ukraine fired...then it was exposed by Russian media.

Right?

What is your issue?

Well the New Republic doesn’t think much of your article:

The Beltway Rot Of "The Hill," DC's Dodgiest Newspaper
Oh great...attack the source by another source...but don't address the issue...how very 'shitlib' of you cat lady.

I have an idea...address the Burisma scandal?

OH!
That would take constructive, critical, thinking.

Libs suck at that.

Why don't i cut it to the quick

Go fuck yourself.

The guy was supposed to be investigating Burisma but the case was dormant... the US and U.K. wanted the guy gone because he was doing a piss poor job standing up to corruption. Where do you get your news?

Forum List

Back