Biden on Gun Control

Illegal to yell 'Fire' in a theater, same reason hate speech is actionable.

Sawed off shotguns are illegal.

Fully automatic weapons need special licenses.

I have no problem with reasonable restrictions.

Banning AK 47s, AR 15s, magazines over 10 rounds?

NOT reasonable

So you admit the whole "shall not be infringed" argument is a bullshit excuse to oppose common sense regulation. Good for you.

oppose common sense regulation.

I don't oppose 'common sense regualtion'.

I just explained that.

banning so called 'assault' weapons is NOT common sense.

Let me know when someone shows up at your house to take your guns.

Like this guy?

Did Beto come to your house?

Did Beto come to your house?

Did he state he would?

Stop trolling.

They should ban any and all magazines that carry more than 10 shells, and enforce it to make sure you only allowed 1 to buy every 15 years , if you lose it to bad.
SHELLS? SHELLS? Famous last words from another clueless twit on how far not to go from someone who never left.

If you prefer round.

It's not what I "prefer," Twinkie, it is what they are called.

View attachment 310065

Once a bullet is spent or empty needing reloaded, the part left over that holds the charge is called a casing.

SHELLS, Dear, refer to artillery and mortar shells you bombard people with. They don't go in a magazine and you're not likely to find any on the street.

View attachment 310066

How anal of you!!

They should ban any and all magazines that carry more than 10 shells, and enforce it to make sure you only allowed 1 to buy every 15 years , if you lose it to bad.
SHELLS? SHELLS? Famous last words from another clueless twit on how far not to go from someone who never left.

If you prefer round.

View attachment 310065

Once a bullet is spent or empty needing reloaded, the part left over that holds the charge is called a casing.

SHELLS, Dear, refer to artillery and mortar shells you bombard people with. They don't go in a magazine and you're not likely to find any on the street.

View attachment 310066

How anal of you!!

how foo9lish of you.

only someone that has NO clue about firearms would call a bullet a 'shell'.

If you prefer round.

View attachment 310065

View attachment 310066

How anal of you!!

What's that? You want to stick an artillery shell up your ass?!

BE MY GUEST.

Broad?

I've always found the 2A to be narrow and succinct.

"shall not be infringed" can't be any clearer and narrower.
Quit quoting half of the pertinent sentence. That is dishonest. Of course, we all know what the part says that you left out.
What part that is missing, makes it dishonest? If anything, it backs up his point.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Since we no longer have a militia and have no need for one, the right is no longer necessary either.

Actually you are wrong as usual...

National Guard along with Reservists are the Regulated Militia of today, so the Amendment words still hold.

I wish people would actually study what they are discussing before making asinine comments!
I know what the militia was. I've plowed through enough early town meeting minutes and records to know that all able bodied men between 16 and 40-ish were required to come to regular training sessions and bring their own guns. Everyone was actually required by law to own a firearm but it wasn't strictly enforced. There was no standing military and guns were not supplied except during the Revolutionary War when an army was formed. The militia was called up as needed during the French and Indian War, King Philips War, etc. The civilian militia fought both of the battles here during the Revolution--they marched from home CARRYING THEIR WEAPONS and engaged the British.

We do not have a similar situation now. We have a standing army (which Washington was deathly afraid of) with plenty of guns.

Broad?

Quit quoting half of the pertinent sentence. That is dishonest. Of course, we all know what the part says that you left out.
What part that is missing, makes it dishonest? If anything, it backs up his point.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Since we no longer have a militia and have no need for one, the right is no longer necessary either.

Broad?

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,

Not the right of the militia, the right of the people
the right of the people to keep and bear arms for the sake of a well regulated Militia.

the right of the people to keep and bear arms for the sake of a well regulated Militia.

:haha:

You just stated it yourself.

"all able bodied men between 16 and 40-ish were required to come to regular training sessions and bring their own guns."

by YOUR logic, males under the age of 16, over the age of 40ish, and women were not allowed to own weapons.

the 2nd gave it to ALL

That is too broad a subject to fully discuss on the open board. If you are really interested in what I think, then IM me.

Broad?

The militia was the people. Are you claiming we dont have people?

That is too broad a subject to fully discuss on the open board. If you are really interested in what I think, then IM me.

Broad?

Except when you are talking about fully automatic weapons.

Oh....so then you are fine with all other semi-automatic weapons in private hands, including AR-15s.....right?

I see you are confused again about what has been said. Don't worry. I won;t point at you and laugh this time.

Broad?

With rare exceptions, Americans don't own fully automatic weapons.

Why do you think that is?

National Guard along with Reservists are the Regulated Militia of today, so the Amendment words still hold.

I wish people would actually study what they are discussing before making asinine comments!
I know what the militia was. I've plowed through enough early town meeting minutes and records to know that all able bodied men between 16 and 40-ish were required to come to regular training sessions and bring their own guns. Everyone was actually required by law to own a firearm but it wasn't strictly enforced. There was no standing military and guns were not supplied except during the Revolutionary War when an army was formed. The militia was called up as needed during the French and Indian War, King Philips War, etc. The civilian militia fought both of the battles here during the Revolution--they marched from home CARRYING THEIR WEAPONS and engaged the British.

We do not have a similar situation now. We have a standing army (which Washington was deathly afraid of) with plenty of guns.

The Standing Army was what the Founders were afraid of....which is why they enshrined the 2nd Amendment.........

If you prefer round.

View attachment 310065

View attachment 310066

How anal of you!!

how foo9lish of you.

Even an $8,000 - $12,000 Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifle, about the biggest rifle anyone is likely to ever buy still fires ROUNDS.

Even a Mini Gun doesn't fire shells! :auiqs.jpg:

Screen shot 2013-02-02 at 4.06.13 PM.png

About the smallest shell I can think of is a 60mm bazooka shell.

download _OP_89_CP__1485463221170_7935604_ver1.0.jpg

Still, no magazine. But at least she didn't call it a clip.

If you prefer round.

View attachment 310065

View attachment 310066

How anal of you!!

how foo9lish of you.

Even an $8,000 - $12,000 Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifle, about the biggest rifle anyone is likely to ever buy still fires ROUNDS.

View attachment 310068

View attachment 310069

shotgun shells?

Nothing different now. We had army since constitution was ratified in 1781.

Nothing different now. We had army since constitution was ratified in 1781.

No we didn't.

Broad?

And you have to go through a lot of paper work.

The left would ban water guns if they knew they could get away with it...

Every weapon can be used for defense or offense. Only difference, we keep and bear arms for our defense from them.

Their ultimate goal is to change the definition and name every weapon an "assault weapon", so they can take it away. It start with semi-auto, later with hand guns, and we gonna end up like UK, where you need to show ID to buy butter knife.

If you prefer round.

View attachment 310065

View attachment 310066

How anal of you!!

how foo9lish of you.

View attachment 310068

View attachment 310069

shotgun shells?

I stand corrected, I only shot the M16 in the NG. But the constitution didn't tell you what kind of gun or rifle you might have nor did it tell you anything about what kind of accessories you might have, or anything about future laws.

The public safety overrides the individual rights.

It's weird, I don't see "sake of militia" in 2A. It must be hidden behind the word healthcare.

Broad?

And you have to go through a lot of paper work.

The left would ban water guns if they knew they could get away with it...

Every weapon can be used for defense or offense. Only difference, we keep and bear arms for our defense from them.

Their ultimate goal is to change the definition and name every weapon an "assault weapon", so they can take it away. It start with semi-auto, later with hand guns, and we gonna end up like UK, where you need to show ID to buy butter knife.

I'm sure you can still get a butter knife without an ID at a gun show.

View attachment 310065

View attachment 310066

How anal of you!!

how foo9lish of you.

View attachment 310068

View attachment 310069

shotgun shells?

I stand corrected, I only shot the M16 in the NG. But the constitution didn't tell you what kind of gun or rifle you might have nor did it tell you anything about what kind of accessories you might have, or anything about future laws.

The public safety overrides the individual rights.

the 2nd doesnt mention guns you ignorant twit,,,it was for any arms needed to resist any threat,,,

Forum List

Back