Biden Recognizes Armenian genocide

I oppose this move.

I don't.

I don't give a rat's ass what turkey wants or thinks.

I'm tired of our nation coddling such behavior.

Facts are facts if turkey can't deal with it, that's turkey's problem.

Why is it that other nations can and do recognize the genocide and that's ok but it's not ok for the United States to do what most other nations have done?

Most Americans have not even heard of Armenia much less knows about the genocide while people from most other nations do know about Armenians and the genocide.

What changes when the United States does what most other nations have done for decades?
The word 'genocide' wasn't even invented until after WWII and the discovery of the holocaust. It's a post-WWII concept being used to judge earlier wartime actions.
once again you prove how much of an idiot you are,, when the word came about has nothing to do with the act,, and the act was that of a genocide,,,
Are you ready for the world to declare the U.S. a committer of genocide over what we did to the Native Americans?
we didnt set out to wipe them out,, if you want to get technical it was a democrat that instituted the manifest destiny that led to what happened,,
As usual, you want to play partisan Party politics because you don't have much of a brain. And we did set to wipe them out. You don't give smallpox infected blankets to people you don't want to kill. Again...your brain...not good.
but it was dems that did it,, and the blankets were under jacksons orders,,,

Political parties switched back and forth at least 3 times in that year period you are crossing, so there is no point to any partisan comment,

Jackson is what republican are now.
But we can ignore parties and just say that genocide, greed, lies, and war are all bad.
you cant just make shit up and expect people to believe you,,

When Lincoln started the Republican party, he was a progressive liberal, against slavery of the wealthy over the poor masses.
By 1880, the Republicans were corrupt representatives of the wealthy elite, attempting to create abusive monopolies and letting Blacks be put back into virtual slavery by Jim Crow laws.
In theory Democrats became the progressive liberals under FDR and LBJ, but I think they were cynical and did not really care. Under Clinton, the democrats went back to being the puppets of the big banks again.
Bush was as greedy as they come, borrowing trillions and fighting illegal wars over oil profits.
Trump tried to come off as a populist, like with his trade war with China. But he never achieved much.
thanks for your opinion but I will stick with reality,,

Will he recognize the genocide going on RIGHT NOW in China? Or will he continue to excuse "different cultural norms"?
Trump wouldn't even recognize Putin paying bounties for killing our military. Your concern-trolling is transparent.

Hey, dumb ass...you really need to catch up on democrat party lies...that one was exposed as fake already...

U.S. intelligence backpedaled Thursday on last summer's reports of Russia placing bounties on the heads of U.S. soldiers.

A senior Biden administration official said the intelligence community only had "low to moderate" confidence in the Russian bounty story, meaning it is unproven and possibly untrue.

However, we DO know that the CIA was paying bounties on Soviet soldiers killed by the Mujahideen as far back as 1978.

So?

So the CIA was unethical, and corrupted our whole country.
We would deserve to have bounties paid for those who kill our soldiers, due to our own lack of ethic previously.
:fu: :fu: :fu:

Wow. The only president in my lifetime who came close to recognizing the genocide was reagan.

Past presidents said they would but they didn't and I didn't think that Biden would be any different.

Biden proved me wrong.

Finally a president who at least recognizes it happened. Hopefully all presidents from Biden forward will recognize it for what it was.

A GENOCIDE.

This is probably the only thing I've agreed with Biden on so far.

Now, the challenge is to see if he will formally recognize what China is doing to the Uyghurs as a genocide.

Will he recognize the genocide going on RIGHT NOW in China? Or will he continue to excuse "different cultural norms"?
Trump wouldn't even recognize Putin paying bounties for killing our military. Your concern-trolling is transparent.

Hey, dumb ass...you really need to catch up on democrat party lies...that one was exposed as fake already...

U.S. intelligence backpedaled Thursday on last summer's reports of Russia placing bounties on the heads of U.S. soldiers.

A senior Biden administration official said the intelligence community only had "low to moderate" confidence in the Russian bounty story, meaning it is unproven and possibly untrue.

However, we DO know that the CIA was paying bounties on Soviet soldiers killed by the Mujahideen as far back as 1978.

So?

So the CIA was unethical, and corrupted our whole country.
We would deserve to have bounties paid for those who kill our soldiers, due to our own lack of ethic previously.
In terms of ethics, yes. If Russia did such things in retaliation, that would be fair, all things considered.

I oppose this move.

I don't.

Why is it that other nations can and do recognize the genocide and that's ok but it's not ok for the United States to do what most other nations have done?

Most Americans have not even heard of Armenia much less knows about the genocide while people from most other nations do know about Armenians and the genocide.

What changes when the United States does what most other nations have done for decades?
The word 'genocide' wasn't even invented until after WWII and the discovery of the holocaust. It's a post-WWII concept being used to judge earlier wartime actions.
once again you prove how much of an idiot you are,, when the word came about has nothing to do with the act,, and the act was that of a genocide,,,
Are you ready for the world to declare the U.S. a committer of genocide over what we did to the Native Americans?
we didnt set out to wipe them out,, if you want to get technical it was a democrat that instituted the manifest destiny that led to what happened,,
As usual, you want to play partisan Party politics because you don't have much of a brain. And we did set to wipe them out. You don't give smallpox infected blankets to people you don't want to kill. Again...your brain...not good.
but it was dems that did it,, and the blankets were under jacksons orders,,,

Political parties switched back and forth at least 3 times in that year period you are crossing, so there is no point to any partisan comment,

Jackson is what republican are now.
But we can ignore parties and just say that genocide, greed, lies, and war are all bad.
you cant just make shit up and expect people to believe you,,

When Lincoln started the Republican party, he was a progressive liberal, against slavery of the wealthy over the poor masses.
By 1880, the Republicans were corrupt representatives of the wealthy elite, attempting to create abusive monopolies and letting Blacks be put back into virtual slavery by Jim Crow laws.

Both parties were representatives of the corrupt elite by that time, actually. As far as Jim Crow laws go, however, that became a foregone conclusion when Democratic President Andrew Johnson was able to reverse the progress of the Radical Republicans. Democrats held most of the power in the South at the time, so it took federal involvement to protect blacks. When Johnson neutered that, things slowly reverted back to Democrat control in the South.

Wow. The only president in my lifetime who came close to recognizing the genocide was reagan.

Past presidents said they would but they didn't and I didn't think that Biden would be any different.

Biden proved me wrong.

Finally a president who at least recognizes it happened. Hopefully all presidents from Biden forward will recognize it for what it was.

A GENOCIDE.

I have no doubt someone had to tell him what it was and where armenia is,,,

Because you are an idiot that doesn't understand a defference between fact and your own little day dreaming.
you mean like the fact biden gave china approval to enslave and harvest the muslims for body parts??

Well, there you go again.

That's true. Nevertheless the German Bundestag (comparable with the congress of the USA ) also decided to call the mass-murder on Armenians "genocide" and memorizes every year this genocide, because it was a war against civilists with the target to eliminate all people, who were Armenians. It's said in generell that Hitler used this part of history also for his ideas in context of the holocaust. The Nazis argued like this: "'The winners write the history books, what we can see very well in the allies after world war 1. They had ignored the mass-murder on the Armenian people - but they call all Germans honorless criminals. We have to accept that nothing will be a crime as long as someone will win and everything will be a crime if someone is a loser. So not "moral" but "terror" will be the base of our decisions."

The best is to call crimes crimes and to analyze with a clear mind what had happened and how it had happened. That's the only way how everyone is able to learn how to avoid such crimes - and the only way to heal the wounds of such crimes. The victims need a voice. The word "genocide" describes the will to like to kill all people of a special population - here in this case the will to murder all Armenians. This is the common element with the holocaust and other genocides.

Last edited:
I oppose this move.

I don't.

While presentism is logically problematic, it's not exactly presentist to suggest that genocide is wrong. When Turkey did what it did to Armenia, it was still considered wrong by many nations at the time. So, it can't really be seen as anachronistic or unfair to judge them.

I oppose this move.

I don't.

Which wasn't a condemned practice at that time.
Uh, yes it was. Certain Muslim nations didn't condemn it, but it was most certainly condemned by many others. Even certain Ottoman officials condemned it, but they met harsh fates for doing so.

I oppose this move.

I don't.

I don't have a problem with it. If Biden were to do so, I wouldn't condemn him for it. Now, I doubt he would do it, and if he did, he would face a lot of criticism for it, but doing what's right isn't always popular.

I oppose this move.

I don't.

are you saying it was an accepted practice to kill an entire group of people??
It's happened in war throughout history.
Not every war is a genocide. You could characterize what we did to the Native Americans and the Philippines as genocides. These fit the bill because of the ethnic motivation involved.

Genocide is specific enough to make distinctions between wars, because it has a very clear definition of motivation.

I oppose this move.

I don't.

So in your opinion is because the word wasn't used at the time it's not right to apply it on what happened?

That's illogical to me.

We use a lot of words that weren't being used at a time. Why is this one genocide any different? We make new words and use them no matter if they existed before or not.

What happened was a genocide. Plain and simple.

In fact, that's where hitler learned a lot of what he did to the jewish people and used the genocide on the Armenians to justify killing as many jewish people possible.

I believe hitler's words were something like " Who today is here to speak about the annihilation of the Armenians?"

I'm here to say I'm here to speak about the annihilation of the Armenians. So are my siblings, my cousins and so many more of us who are here today because the United States took in our grandparents.

It's about time the United States tells truth about what happened. Just as most all other nations in the world have been doing for decades.
But it's not being acknowledged as a statement of fact, i.e. 'a genocide occurred'. It's being used as a condemnation, weaponized, and I just don't believe you can use the enlightenment of today to condemn a country for utilizing the tools of that time period, the morals of the day, the sophistication of warfare that existed in 1915.

I think if it was acknowledged as a simple statement of fact Türkiye would be more amenable. But not much.
I'm not sure why you're taking Turkey's side on this. The only "weaponization" going on right now is by Turkey itself.

Armenia just had a war with Azerbaijan recently. Turkey aided Azerbaijan in this war, and this is because of the historical enmity between Turkey and Armenia.

If anything, pushing Turkey on the genocide issue should drive home the point that we don't accept their aggression towards Armenia.

Biden proved me wrong.

A GENOCIDE.

The only reason he is doing this....you dumb ass.....is because he want to ignore the current genocide his Chinese buddies are committing against muslim Chinese...you idiot............

How about he calls out his buddies on the forced sterilization of muslim chinese women...you idiot....or the slave labor in china.....?

You are such a slave...
There is no Chinese Muslim genocide happening. There are grave Human Rights violations.

4i6Ckte.gif

I oppose this move.

I don't.

While presentism is logically problematic, it's not exactly presentist to suggest that genocide is wrong. When Turkey did what it did to Armenia, it was still considered wrong by many nations at the time. So, it can't really be seen as anachronistic or unfair to judge them.
But they also did it to the Greeks, although on a much smaller scale. And, also much smaller, Armenians did it to Turkish communities. And the Japanese did it to the Chinese. And the Koreans.

I oppose this move.

I don't.

are you saying it was an accepted practice to kill an entire group of people??
It's happened in war throughout history.
Not every war is a genocide. You could characterize what we did to the Native Americans and the Philippines as genocides. These fit the bill because of the ethnic motivation involved.

Genocide is specific enough to make distinctions between wars, because it has a very clear definition of motivation.
The Crusades were most definitely a genocide.

Biden proved me wrong.

A GENOCIDE.

The only reason he is doing this....you dumb ass.....is because he want to ignore the current genocide his Chinese buddies are committing against muslim Chinese...you idiot............

How about he calls out his buddies on the forced sterilization of muslim chinese women...you idiot....or the slave labor in china.....?

You are such a slave...
There is no Chinese Muslim genocide happening. There are grave Human Rights violations.
FUCK YOU. There is absolutely a genocide going on if that term means anything at all. You are a fucking disgrace to humanity.

Forum List

Back