Biden Recognizes Armenian genocide

I oppose this move.

I don't.

I don't give a rat's ass what turkey wants or thinks.

I'm tired of our nation coddling such behavior.

Facts are facts if turkey can't deal with it, that's turkey's problem.

Why is it that other nations can and do recognize the genocide and that's ok but it's not ok for the United States to do what most other nations have done?

Most Americans have not even heard of Armenia much less knows about the genocide while people from most other nations do know about Armenians and the genocide.

What changes when the United States does what most other nations have done for decades?
The word 'genocide' wasn't even invented until after WWII and the discovery of the holocaust. It's a post-WWII concept being used to judge earlier wartime actions.
once again you prove how much of an idiot you are,, when the word came about has nothing to do with the act,, and the act was that of a genocide,,,
Are you ready for the world to declare the U.S. a committer of genocide over what we did to the Native Americans?

I oppose this move.

I don't.

Why is it that other nations can and do recognize the genocide and that's ok but it's not ok for the United States to do what most other nations have done?

Most Americans have not even heard of Armenia much less knows about the genocide while people from most other nations do know about Armenians and the genocide.

What changes when the United States does what most other nations have done for decades?
The word 'genocide' wasn't even invented until after WWII and the discovery of the holocaust. It's a post-WWII concept being used to judge earlier wartime actions.
once again you prove how much of an idiot you are,, when the word came about has nothing to do with the act,, and the act was that of a genocide,,,
Which wasn't a condemned practice at that time.
are you saying it was an accepted practice to kill an entire group of people??

I oppose this move.

I don't.

Are you ready for the world to declare the U.S. a committer of genocide over what we did to the Native Americans?
we didnt set out to wipe them out,, if you want to get technical it was a democrat that instituted the manifest destiny that led to what happened,,

I oppose this move.

I don't.

It's happened in war throughout history.

I oppose this move.

I don't.

It's happened in war throughout history.
not sure which wars youre talking about,, most of them werent about wiping out the people,,

I oppose this move.

I don't.

we didnt set out to wipe them out,, if you want to get technical it was a democrat that instituted the manifest destiny that led to what happened,,
As usual, you want to play partisan Party politics because you don't have much of a brain. And we did set to wipe them out. You don't give smallpox infected blankets to people you don't want to kill. Again...your brain...not good.

Indians are on a Rez with a good Govt payout. And most want no part of Anglo-Saxon culture.
Maybe the time has come to do this with Blacks. You get reparations but have to live on a Black Rez!

See, I'm always thinking.

I oppose this move.

I don't.

As usual, you want to play partisan Party politics because you don't have much of a brain. And we did set to wipe them out. You don't give smallpox infected blankets to people you don't want to kill. Again...your brain...not good.
but it was dems that did it,, and the blankets were under jacksons orders,,,

While the Corrupt Joe is out there pandering... the country is more divided than ever with riots and political differences. I just heard President Trump's approval rating go up 5 points for 2024!

Classical Anti-Terrorist operation all whilst Ottomans fought for their survival in other places like Gallipoli at the same.
Maybe there was some collateral damage inflicted, like in Fallujah or Tora-Bora or other ugly scenes like Abu-Ghraib or Guantanamo, but it was in no way something like the Mega-Genocide on the native people of America. Armenians terrorized Eastern-Anatolia and collaborated with the invading enemies.

In the late 1880s, the Ottoman-Armenians formed a number of secret cell-like terrorist revolutionary groups called committees. The well-armed Armenian Revolutionary Committees (the Dashnaks and Hunchaks in particular) actively rebelled against the Ottoman state in 1914 and 1915.

Both the Central Powers and the Allies actively tried to foment rebellions in the Middle East during World War I in order to weaken their enemies. And these Armenian Revolutionary Committees were encouraged to rebel and were supported by the Russians, British, and French. As the war dragged on, prominent Armenians (both Ottoman and Russian Armenian citizens) led Russian-based conventional Armenian military forces against the Ottomans. Famous Armenian leaders such as Andranik and Dro formed Druzhiny (legions) which fought side-by-side with the Russian Army.

They had help from abroad from their diaspora activities. Like the Greek, Serbian, and Bulgarian communities before them, the Armenian diaspora, such as it existed in 1914, actively conspired with the Allies to bring an independent Armenia into existence. This effort continued after the war through 1921.

Great now kick Turkey out of NATO and do something that matters

I oppose this move.

I don't.

So in your opinion is because the word wasn't used at the time it's not right to apply it on what happened?

That's illogical to me.

We use a lot of words that weren't being used at a time. Why is this one genocide any different? We make new words and use them no matter if they existed before or not.

What happened was a genocide. Plain and simple.

In fact, that's where hitler learned a lot of what he did to the jewish people and used the genocide on the Armenians to justify killing as many jewish people possible.

I believe hitler's words were something like " Who today is here to speak about the annihilation of the Armenians?"

I'm here to say I'm here to speak about the annihilation of the Armenians. So are my siblings, my cousins and so many more of us who are here today because the United States took in our grandparents.

It's about time the United States tells truth about what happened. Just as most all other nations in the world have been doing for decades.

Will he recognize the genocide going on RIGHT NOW in China? Or will he continue to excuse "different cultural norms"?

Wow. The only president in my lifetime who came close to recognizing the genocide was reagan.

Past presidents said they would but they didn't and I didn't think that Biden would be any different.

Biden proved me wrong.

Finally a president who at least recognizes it happened. Hopefully all presidents from Biden forward will recognize it for what it was.

A GENOCIDE.

I’m sure a century old event is now important we have a name attached to it.

Wow. The only president in my lifetime who came close to recognizing the genocide was reagan.

Past presidents said they would but they didn't and I didn't think that Biden would be any different.

Biden proved me wrong.

Finally a president who at least recognizes it happened. Hopefully all presidents from Biden forward will recognize it for what it was.

A GENOCIDE.

It's important to Armenian people.

Biden proved me wrong.

A GENOCIDE.

Maybe. But calling some of the ‘massacres’ of Indians by Mexicans 175 years ago may be correct, but has no bearing on today.

Biden proved me wrong.

A GENOCIDE.

I have no doubt someone had to tell him what it was and where armenia is,,,
Actually, Biden might think it was American genocide (Indigenous Peoples and slaves) :rolleyes:
In the end, this move is totally out of the left-field

Biden proved me wrong.

A GENOCIDE.

Maybe. But calling some of the ‘massacres’ of Indians by Mexicans 175 years ago may be correct, but has no bearing on today.
History always has bearing on today.

Yes it's very refreshing.

I didn't think Biden would do it. I know he said he would but a lot of presidents have said they would and didn't.

Hopefully all future presidents will do the same thing.

Hopefully some day, it will be included in world history in our schools.

I'm half Armenian. My family was impacted by that genocide. The only reason why I'm alive is because my grandparents escaped and came to America.

The only people I've ever encountered who knew about the Armenian people and the genocide were people who aren't from America and didn't go to our schools. They learned all about it in their schools.

Hopefully that will change.
I oppose this move.

I don't.

I oppose this move.

I don't.

I am sorry to say that you do not care about Armenia and Armenians as well as Turkey. If you were a rational and humanist Armenian or Turk living in Turkey or Armenia: (We can even add Azerbaijan to this equation.)

- You would know that this countries should respect,good wish each other for humanism, democracy, justice, political power, and a prosperous economy.

- You would know how these 3 countries should cooperate in a balanced way against Russia's huge military power and tough attitude.

- You would know that racing pain would not help.

The most useful criticism is self-criticism. I hope both sides find their own mistakes, criticize them and establish good-lasting friendships.

Biden proved me wrong.

A GENOCIDE.

Good for Biden.

Forum List

Back