Biden unveils latest attempt to kill off gas cars in bid to force all Americans to switch to EVs

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
What a shit show this will be.

Joe Biden has dealt another body blow to America's gas car manufacturers after his stuttering roll out of EV charging points was slammed as 'pathetic'. The Transportation Department told automakers they have eight years to squeeze another 16 miles per gallon out of their cars if they want to stay in business while the fuel efficiency of their trucks will have to double. Friday's edict came just weeks after the EPA slashed the limits on tailpipe emissions as part of the White House pledge to ensure that more than half of all new vehicles sold are electric by 2032.

The latest rules impose average miles per gallon limits across manufacturers' entire product lines, so if they make more electric vehicles they will find it easier to meet the targets. Their passenger cars will have to average 65 miles per gallon by 2031, up from 48.7 miles today. Pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles will have to average 45 miles rather than the 35.1 miles today. But heavy duty pickup trucks and large vans will have to nearly double their fuel efficiency from 18.8 to 35 miles per gallon. The tough new regulations are designed to save nearly eight billion tons of carbon emissions by the middle of the century and have been welcomed by environmentalists and health campaigners.

'Today's final rule is another important step toward reducing carbon pollution and curbing climate change,' said Harold Wimmer of the American Lung Association. But 25 Red states have filed a lawsuit challenging the new tailpipe rules they fear will destroy jobs. 'The Biden Administration is willing to sacrifice the American auto industry and its workers in service of its radical green agenda,' said Kentucky Attorney General Russell Coleman. 'We just aren't buying it. Demand for EVs continues to fall, and even those who want to buy one can't afford it amid historic inflation.'

The latest rules impose average miles per gallon limits across manufacturers' entire product lines, so if they make more electric vehicles they will find it easier to meet the targets. Their passenger cars will have to average 65 miles per gallon by 2031, up from 48.7 miles today. Pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles will have to average 45 miles rather than the 35.1 miles today. But heavy-duty pickup trucks and large vans will have to nearly double their fuel efficiency from 18.8 to 35 miles per gallon.

The tough new regulations are designed to save nearly eight billion tons of carbon emissions by the middle of the century and have been welcomed by environmentalists and health campaigners. 'Today's final rule is another important step toward reducing carbon pollution and curbing climate change,' said Harold Wimmer of the American Lung Association. But 25 Red states have filed a lawsuit challenging the new tailpipe rules they fear will destroy jobs. 'The Biden Administration is willing to sacrifice the American auto industry and its workers in service of its radical green agenda,' said Kentucky Attorney General Russell Coleman.

'We just aren't buying it. Demand for EVs continues to fall, and even those who want to buy one can't afford it amid historic inflation.'

'The electric vehicle market is growing, but consumers have enough reservations about the current options and charging infrastructure challenges to limit more significant growth in the short term,' said analyst Jessica Caldwell. Transport secretary Pete Buttigieg defended the new emissions standards. 'Not only will these new standards save Americans money at the pump every time they fill up, they will also decrease harmful pollution and make America less reliant on foreign oil,' he said in a statement.

'These standards will save car owners more than $600 in gasoline costs over the lifetime of their vehicle.'

We can't get shed of the Biden administration fast enough.....Then we really need to get going on gutting the EPA like a fish.

I mean what a fun way to absolutely crush the American economy.

It took a little more than 20 years for the US to transition from horse and carriage to the automobile.

Back in the 1920, a Model T cost about $280...which is about $9K today. What US made electric car costs $9K?

My 4cyl car gets 28MPG (AC on) 31MPG (AC off) 70%-30% highway-city. Far below 65MPG they seek now.

Since this requirement is AVG, I believe they always get around it by making one car (no one bus it) that gets 1000MPG to bring up a phony AVG? I am certain the Commmees are looking to stop that practice somehow?

These fraudulent busturds will “unload the box” of all the Commee BS they can before 2025 as the see the writing on the wall. Force the opposition to undo it all, wasting time and resources.

Pushing manufacturers to make more efficient cars is a good thing.

We aren't going all electric in any of our life times if ever.

My 4cyl car gets 28MPG (AC on) 31MPG (AC off) 70%-30% highway-city. Far below 65MPG they seek now.

Since this requirement is AVG, I believe they always get around it by making one car (no one bus it) that gets 1000MPG to bring up a phony AVG? I am certain the Commmees are looking to stop that practice somehow?
And the hell of it is I have to pay more ($12) for yearly registration because it gets around the same mileage as yours.....My F-150 is cheaper to register than my KIA Soul.

The best way to beat Biden at his own game is for every American to refuse to buy American made EV's.

The government shouldn't push them.

I have no problem with the government forcing the manufacturers to be responsible.

1. Otherwise manufacturers in other countries will.

2. Manufacturers here will cry and expect bail outs.

3. I'd rather not live with 50 year old technology.

Biden is destroying American automotive manufacturing with this making everyone drive EV's to supposedly save the planet.
While China builds a new coal fired plant every week and the rest of the world doesn't listen to him.

I have no problem with the government forcing the manufacturers to be responsible.

1. Otherwise manufacturers in other countries will.

2. Manufacturers here will cry and expect bail outs.

3. I'd rather not live with 50 year old technology.

LOL! Like your GOVT is Smart enough or not corrupted to make MFG dictates? $34T over-spending? Defense un-auditable? Medicare? Cant count black dots on paper (voting). Clean your own nose you stupid OX.

There are no guaranteed easy answers to anything. The GOVT could just tax the blank out of Gasoline rather than tell FORD how to design Automobiles.

Last edited:
LOL! Like your GOVT is Smart enough or not corrupt to make MFG dictates?

Like it or not, it has worked.

$34T over-spending? Defense un-auditable? Medicare? Cant count black dots on paper (voting). Clean your own nose you stupid OX.

There are no guranteed easy answers to anything. The GOVT could just tax the blank out of Gasoline rather than tell FORD how to design Automobiles.

If you wish to rant on other things there are places to do that.

Like it or not, it has worked.

If you wish to rant on other things there are places to do that.

In the 70s’. The Japanese Cars began to show up with high MPG w/o GOVT demands. People laughed until they actually bought one. So stuff it loon. You know exactly what the commees are doing. I already posted the trick to get around it. Hence the SUV still floods the road right now despite the 45MPG dictate. Chew on that toothless Stain.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back