Biden's America: Burger King to close up to 400 Restaurants

I wouldn't say it's Biden's fault but his policies certainly didn't help. The costs for food and labor shot up during his few years in office with no remedy in sight.

The quality of BK has been sinking for the past few years. Only us older folks remember what a real Whopper tasted like. If people today could have a Whopper like when they first came out and have a Whopper today, it's like two totally different burgers. What I wouldn't pay for an original Whopper today, but most people wouldn't. That's why they kept using less and less quality of ingredients.
The current Whoppers today are saturated with mustard and ketchup making the buns soggy as hell. The buns fall apart as you eat it with condiments dripping everywhere.

Still cheaper than a bag of groceries.

Yes but a bag of groceries will last you more than one meal. I got breakfast at McDs a few weeks ago and it cost me close to $10.00. For $10.00 I can buy a pound of bacon, a half dozen eggs and a loaf of bread for toast and make four breakfasts.

Yes but a bag of groceries will last you more than one meal. I got breakfast at McDs a few weeks ago and it cost me close to $10.00. For $10.00 I can buy a pound of bacon, a half dozen eggs and a loaf of bread for toast and make four breakfasts.
Absolutely.

For 6-8 dollars I can buy an entire rotisseried chicken at any decent supermarket.

I can make a great dinner for < $3/serving.

People just assume that cooking is "beneath" them.

It's a fundamental survival skill.

Fast Foods chains closing is not political.
They are, however, a reflection of the economic climate. When inflation drives costs up too high for fast food chains to maintain dirt cheap prices, their business model can't be sustained. I thought you knew that.

Absolutely.

For 6-8 dollars I can buy an entire rotisseried chicken at any decent supermarket.

I can make a great dinner for < $3/serving.

People just assume that cooking is "beneath" them.

It's a fundamental survival skill.

I hate cooking. If I have to microwave a hot dog for 60 seconds I'm bitching. I used to eat FF all the time until I became ill and now I can't eat 95% of the things I used to love, otherwise I'd still be eating it all the time.

If you look at the HD website, the trimmer under 200 bucks clearly says "Tool only".

You are blaming Biden for your lack of reading skills
Ironically, about 2 years ago, I went to HD to buy a tool. I already had a battery and charger and didn't need another. HD, however, would not sell me just the tool, they all came with batteries and chargers.

I hate cooking. If I have to microwave a hot dog for 60 seconds I'm bitching. I used to eat FF all the time until I became ill and now I can't eat 95% of the things I used to love, otherwise I'd still be eating it all the time.
And it kills people.

I'm nearly 66...I don't do much business with the medical establishment. I see my PC once a year

a) because she is a great human being

b) if I don't she withholds my doxy prescription when I get Lyme..

This year I followed a couple of snowboarders a third my age past a boundary sign in Utah.

You could probably fit all the "processed foods" I've eaten in the past 40 years in a small suitcase.

Because I make 90% of my own food, from fresh ingredients, I know what's in it.

Its different when the higher prices are deliberate as they are under biden
He won't be president forever. and things will change again

Like I said the president doesn't have as much power over the economy as you think he does.

Oh please. Fuel going up ten or twenty cents a gallon before a holiday is much different than hitting new US records for fuel costs. Our electric company announced that prices for electricity will nearly double this summer. It has everything to do with Biden.
It has a lot more to do with Ukraine but hey who cares about facts

Forum List

Back