Big freaking ruh roh: Intel Chair pretty sure FBI had no warrant to record Flynn

I'm not putting my life on hold to defend Trump. I'm doing it because this country is on the brink of an apocalypse. There is a "nuclear option" to start unwrapping the decades of what proof and evidence for govt missteps and misdeeds in the Intel Comm. Stuff that has blackmailed and stymied Congress Critters and Presidents alike. The 2 parties have colluded to not use this option to hold each in check. And with a desperate embedded partisan insurgency in the Intel Community -- this could be the end of the Republic. I'm not joking about that.
is it better to sweep it under the rug one more time, vs, sunshine?

That's a hard call...

Russia got one of their goals accomplished....destabilizing our Democracy....

but don't fear, we WILL survive it.

I'm not putting my life on hold to defend Trump. I'm doing it because this country is on the brink of an apocalypse. There is a "nuclear option" to start unwrapping the decades of what proof and evidence for govt missteps and misdeeds in the Intel Comm. Stuff that has blackmailed and stymied Congress Critters and Presidents alike. The 2 parties have colluded to not use this option to hold each in check. And with a desperate embedded partisan insurgency in the Intel Community -- this could be the end of the Republic. I'm not joking about that.

That's a hard call...

Oh yeah, I'm sure that Russia's goal. :lol: Would you like to watch Red Dawn?

It's not 1985 anymore.

I'm not sure I see it in that way...quite.

For one thing, I am absolutely convinced Russia was behind the hacks and their purpose was to attempt to influence the election. I don't think you you can get all our diverse intelligence communities on the same page if it wasn't - too much turf fighting and more competition than cooperation.

I think there is another way of looking at what is happening, and that is by the precedents that have been set and the questions they lead to.

Pre-Election
1. Why did Comey do what he did, at those exact times?
2. Why was most of the disinformation and the hacks and leaks pre-election directed towards Clinton?
3. Why did non-political, and traditionally non-partisan agencies/individuals such as military and intelligence come out in favor of Clinton or against Trump?
4. Trump repeatedly insults, dismisses, negates reports from the Intelligence communities.
5. Trump talks about a briefing in a manner which suggests he might lie to politicize it and he might not respect sensitive material in an impulse.
6. Leading figures in Trump's campaign with strong Russian ties.

Post-Election
1. Trump continues to degrade and insult the intelligence community when presented with evidence of Russia's involvement.
2. Trump surrounds himself with a close inner-circle of non-traditional outsider advisors: conspiracy theorists such as Flynn and Bannon, for example.
3. Trump's campaign staff, current advisors and cabinet include a number of people with strong Russian links.
4. Trump's Administration is in crisis mode - he has picked people who are competitive with each other, information is not shared along traditional chanels, if at all, there is internal fighting and a profound lack of trust inside.
5. Anomolies are showing up. Flynn talking with Russia - telling them not to worry about the sanctions - before Trump was even sworn into office.
6. Putin's highly unusual decision to not retaliate tit for tat in typical fashion over the expulsion of Russian spies and diplomats. It was this which flagged the Intelligence services to look over tapes of the wiretapping of Russian diplomats.
7. Flynn had lied to the VP, and the VP had defended him, and the VP was kept IN THE DARK for two weeks about this - a highly unusual lack of communication (and respect for) the man who is supposed to be closest to the President, and the #2 person in charge.

Resulting chaos
1. Leaks leaks leaks
2. Flynn resigns.

How to interpret it?
1. There is a deep distrust and unease of the President and his staff coming from the Intelligence community both civilian and military...and other agencies and a President who doesn't take it seriously. I don't ever recall such a situation before.
2. What if there are people in the Intelligence Agencies who are deeply and sincerely afraid that Trump and/or members of his staff are compromised?

It was a disturbing precedent to see key figures in Intelligence and the Military come out against Trump during the election campaign. They have traditionally been non-partisan. It's disturbing to see the amount of leaking, as well as the involvement of wikileaks (essentially a Russian proxy) and to see now, what could possibly be independent internal actions, like the leaking of this material. It's disturbing to see so many ties to Russia - a autocratic oligarchic regime, who has destabilzied a neighboring country, supported an uprising and is now suffering under sanctions that we have to power to ease.

Is it partisanship or fear for our country that is driving this?

Motive for Russia is easy - the sanctions are hurting.

If comey was ethical he would have recommended an indictment of hillary. He had to contort the law to come up with a reason to not do so. If the russki's were helping anyone it was her. As far as the intel leadership being partisan, there is NO doubt that they did. They were all obama appointments, and they all had a vested interest in hillary being elected. ALL of them.

I don't agree - and here's why.

When the FBI is investigating, they do not release info other then the bare minimum. When it's concluded - then either criminal indictment is handed down or the person is cleared. They never NEVER publically lambaste, go into detail or discuss any part of the investigation before it is concluded. Compare the way Comey handled and publicized Clinton's investigation to how they handled their investigation into Trump's Russian connections and you will see the absolute stark difference.

I also don't buy that because they were "Obama appointments" they would have a vested interest in Clinton's election. Appointments know it's for a term and many, in fact, don't last the whole term or resign in the second term. If this were the case we would have seen a whole lot of this behavior in prior transitions. The other thing is - Comey is a Republican. He is currently serving under Trump. He previously served under G.W. Bush. There is no guarantee he would have served under Clinton. What he did - that last minute email fiasco SHORTLY before the election itself - was in no way favorable to Clinton.

This is, in my opinion, why there are leaks.

Government workers shun Trump, give big money to Clinton
BY JONATHAN SWAN - 10/26/16 06:01 AM EDT

Federal government employees are opening their wallets to help Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump on Nov. 8.

Of the roughly $2 million that federal workers from 14 agencies spent on presidential politics by the end of September, about $1.9 million, or 95 percent, went to the Democratic nominee’s campaign, according to an analysis by The Hill.

Employees at all the agencies analyzed, without exception, are sending their campaign contributions overwhelmingly to Clinton over her Republican counterpart. Several agencies, such as the State Department, which Clinton once led, saw more than 99 percent of contributions going to Clinton.

Employees of the Department of Justice, which investigated Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of State, gave Clinton 97 percent of their donations. Trump received $8,756 from DOJ employees compared with $286,797 for Clinton. From IRS employees, Clinton received 94 percent of donations.

[...]

Anyone found guilty of leaking the contents of those tapes should be made an example of with the most severe sentence possible.
the content of the tapes were not released....by the intel community....

we need congress or special independent committee to find out what was actually said.

Anyone with half a brain would realize that there was absolutely no reason for advisers within the Trump campaign to be continually talking with the Russian Ambassador and other high level RUSSIAN officials during the CAMPAIGN SEASON. Which adds weight to the plot to hack into DNC databases, and spread all kinds of FAKE news on social media outlets, which Putin did.

Collusion with a Foreign adversary to do a cyber attack on the United States is considered TREASON.

Putin stuck his neck out very far to interfere into this election. It's something no other Russian has ever done. I am certain he did not expect to get caught, and he certainly didn't expect this kind of response. There is a reward somewhere in this for him doing this, that is bound to come out.

They have the phone records, they know that there was continual communication between the Trump campaign and Russian officials. There's no denying that.
Trump aides were in constant touch with senior Russian officials during campaign - CNNPolitics.com

So what does this tell us. That Trump continually LIED. He continually denied the intelligence reports. He knew dam good and well that Russia was hacking into DNC databases all along. He's hiding something and it may have something to do with this Dossier file.
How the Trump dossier came to light: secret sources, a retired spy and John McCain

Trump-putin-image.jpg

Flynn's conversations were NOT "during the campaign season".. It was end of December or early January.

read or reread the Logan Act. Rodman didn't break it.

The allegation, is Flynn discussed with the Russian Ambassador, the sanctions put on the Russians by President Obama for interfering in our election process, and Flynn advised the Ambassador to tell Putin that when Trump is president, he would take the sanctions off or be easier on them, and to NOT over react to the sanctions....

When Putin did not retaliate, the intel community was suspicious, because Russia always retaliated when we punished them....and could not figure out why the Russians reacted so differently than the norm...they pulled the eaves dropping records on the Russian envoy to see what they could find out.... in these recordings, there were conversations with Flynn.

Nothing of that sort has been made public. So we'll never know. It's convenient isn't it? Obama leaned over on a hot mic to a Russian Ambassador before he was elected and told him "I'll have more flexible on this issue AFTER the election".. Did you cry and wimper about that "violation"?

PERSONALLY -- I dont trust Putin. Sanctions of SOME SORT seem to be required to keep him out of the Ukraine. The rest of this fairy tale seems more easily explainable as a distraction from the REAL WAR and insurrection going in the Intel community.

The Russians are our ONLY ride to the Space Station. They are NOT a "hot" enemy. And they have SAVED our sorry asses from yet another major MidEast FUBAR in Syria multiple times. Make up your freaking minds. You ridiculed Romney when he said the Russians were the greatest strategic threat to US interests. Changed 180degrees with the "reset button" and NOW --- you've changed again????

Of course you have a LINK to that claim--right?

What claim? I never lie. I never fabricate anything. Not on USMB. Go look it up..

You stated that Obama leaned over an open mic before he was in office and said something to the Russians. I am asking for a link to that.

As you saw, that was in 2012, petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama was discussing his RE-ELECTION.

If comey was ethical he would have recommended an indictment of hillary. He had to contort the law to come up with a reason to not do so. If the russki's were helping anyone it was her. As far as the intel leadership being partisan, there is NO doubt that they did. They were all obama appointments, and they all had a vested interest in hillary being elected. ALL of them.

When the FBI is investigating, they do not release info other then the bare minimum. When it's concluded - then either criminal indictment is handed down or the person is cleared. They never NEVER publically lambaste, go into detail or discuss any part of the investigation before it is concluded. Compare the way Comey handled and publicized Clinton's investigation to how they handled their investigation into Trump's Russian connections and you will see the absolute stark difference.

I also don't buy that because they were "Obama appointments" they would have a vested interest in Clinton's election. Appointments know it's for a term and many, in fact, don't last the whole term or resign in the second term. If this were the case we would have seen a whole lot of this behavior in prior transitions. The other thing is - Comey is a Republican. He is currently serving under Trump. He previously served under G.W. Bush. There is no guarantee he would have served under Clinton. What he did - that last minute email fiasco SHORTLY before the election itself - was in no way favorable to Clinton.

Federal government employees are opening their wallets to help Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump on Nov. 8.

Of the roughly $2 million that federal workers from 14 agencies spent on presidential politics by the end of September, about $1.9 million, or 95 percent, went to the Democratic nominee’s campaign, according to an analysis by The Hill.

Employees at all the agencies analyzed, without exception, are sending their campaign contributions overwhelmingly to Clinton over her Republican counterpart. Several agencies, such as the State Department, which Clinton once led, saw more than 99 percent of contributions going to Clinton.

Employees of the Department of Justice, which investigated Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of State, gave Clinton 97 percent of their donations. Trump received $8,756 from DOJ employees compared with $286,797 for Clinton. From IRS employees, Clinton received 94 percent of donations.

[...]

Anyone found guilty of leaking the contents of those tapes should be made an example of with the most severe sentence possible.

we need congress or special independent committee to find out what was actually said.

Anyone with half a brain would realize that there was absolutely no reason for advisers within the Trump campaign to be continually talking with the Russian Ambassador and other high level RUSSIAN officials during the CAMPAIGN SEASON. Which adds weight to the plot to hack into DNC databases, and spread all kinds of FAKE news on social media outlets, which Putin did. Collusion with a Foreign adversary to do a cyber attack on the United States is considered TREASON.

Putin stuck his neck out very far to interfere into this election. It's something no other Russian has ever done. I am certain he did not expect to get caught, and he certainly didn't expect this kind of response. There is a reward somewhere in this for him doing this, that is bound to come out.

They have the phone records, they know that there was continual communication between the Trump campaign and Russian officials. There's no denying that.
Trump aides were in constant touch with senior Russian officials during campaign - CNNPolitics.com

So what does this tell us. That Trump continually LIED. He continually denied the intelligence reports. He knew dam good and well that Russia was hacking into DNC databases all along.

Trump-putin-image.jpg

Your delusional fantasy is duly noted and dismissed.

I am not impressed with your "lil" Einstein comment. Get your crayons and coloring books out, turn on your FOX News you're in for a hell of a ride.
Senate Committee May Use Subpoenas in Russian Hacking Investigation
McConnell: Flynn investigation 'highly likely' in Senate committee - CNNPolitics.com

th

That's a hard call...

Not up to us anymore. This partisan cold war is going hot right now. There is no committee, no hearing, no public unwinding of this conflict. In fact -- the REAL solution is for all leadership that IS compromised by any secrets kept in the Intel community to leave and get out of the way. Because the partisanship in the Intel community will be rooted out and they will not go quietly.

Time to fix all this was BEFORE the Intel agencies were released to do DOMESTIC SPYING with the Patriot act. And before the 2 DAMAGED candidates became our choices for leadership. It's the 2 parties that have colluded to keep each other in check with enough damaging leaks from the intel community. And the gloves and the agreements are now pretty much history. Only good news might be -- while were sitting in dark with no functional Fed govt -- we MIGHT catch a whiff of who really killed JFK..

Nothing of that sort has been made public. So we'll never know. It's convenient isn't it? Obama leaned over on a hot mic to a Russian Ambassador before he was elected and told him "I'll have more flexible on this issue AFTER the election".. Did you cry and wimper about that "violation"?

PERSONALLY -- I dont trust Putin. Sanctions of SOME SORT seem to be required to keep him out of the Ukraine. The rest of this fairy tale seems more easily explainable as a distraction from the REAL WAR and insurrection going in the Intel community.

The Russians are our ONLY ride to the Space Station. They are NOT a "hot" enemy. And they have SAVED our sorry asses from yet another major MidEast FUBAR in Syria multiple times. Make up your freaking minds. You ridiculed Romney when he said the Russians were the greatest strategic threat to US interests. Changed 180degrees with the "reset button" and NOW --- you've changed again????

What claim? I never lie. I never fabricate anything. Not on USMB. Go look it up..

You stated that Obama leaned over an open mic before he was in office and said something to the Russians. I am asking for a link to that.

As you saw, that was in 2012, petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama was discussing his RE-ELECTION.

That's right. Lame duck ought to play by the same rules as the challenger RIGHT????

[...]

Anyone with half a brain would realize that there was absolutely no reason for advisers within the Trump campaign to be continually talking with the Russian Ambassador and other high level RUSSIAN officials during the CAMPAIGN SEASON. Which adds weight to the plot to hack into DNC databases, and spread all kinds of FAKE news on social media outlets, which Putin did.

Collusion with a Foreign adversary to do a cyber attack on the United States is considered TREASON.

So what does this tell us. That Trump continually LIED. He continually denied the intelligence reports. He knew dam good and well that Russia was hacking into DNC databases all along. He's hiding something and it may have something to do with this Dossier file.
How the Trump dossier came to light: secret sources, a retired spy and John McCain

Trump-putin-image.jpg

Flynn's conversations were NOT "during the campaign season".. It was end of December or early January.
actually, it was the whole campaign season, 3 Trump campaign people, Roger Stone, paul manafort, and gen flynn, kept in constant contact with Russian operatives the whole campaign... excessive contact.... beyond reason contact....during the campaign.

[...]

Trump-putin-image.jpg

There's more--Obama had the Russian phone lines tapped as soon as he was informed that the Russians were hacking into DNC databases. This could have been much earlier than December or January--and that's why they have phone records showing (with date and time recorded) that not just Flynn but others within the Trump campaign were in frequent contact with high level Russian officials during the campaign season, including Flynn.

IOW--this is just the beginning. But I imagine this is also the reason that John McCain & Lindsey Graham and several other Republicans on the Senate intelligence committee have been having a conniption fit over this for the last couple of months. I have been involved in politics for decades, and I never seen such a look of disgust on John McCain's face, when he's talking about this. They know something, they're pissed, and it's all going to come out.

That's right. Lame duck ought to play by the same rules as the challenger RIGHT????

of course not! :rofl:

as president, Obama CAN NOT UNDERMINE himself...

[...]

Trump-putin-image.jpg

actually, it was the whole campaign season, 3 Trump campaign people, Roger Stone, paul manafort, and gen flynn, kept in constant contact with Russian operatives the whole campaign... excessive contact.... beyond reason contact....during the campaign.

Links or quotes on Flynn please. Don't give a damn about the 2 expendables.

No no. You're not getting it. If the lame duck can make winks and nods to the Russians about what he'll do differently AFTER the election (that's what the comment was about) -- Why can't the challenger do the same thing?

Why is HE privileged to discussions about policy changes that MIGHT happen and his challenger is not?

You think Hillary wasn't talking to world leaders CONSTANTLY for the Clinton Foundation as a CIVILIAN during her campaigns????

Once your nominated and your are recieving formal Security Briefings -- the field on discussions with WHOMEVER you choose (except enemies) should be more level..

[...]

Trump-putin-image.jpg

There's more--Obama had the Russian phone lines tapped as soon as he was informed that the Russians were hacking into DNC databases. This could have been much earlier than December or January--and that's why they have phone records showing (with date and time recorded) that not just Flynn but others within the Trump campaign were in frequent contact with high level Russian officials during the campaign season, including Flynn.

IOW--this is just the beginning. But I imagine this is also the reason that John McCain & Lindsey Graham and several other Republicans on the Senate intelligence committee have been having a conniption fit over this for the last couple of months. I have been involved in politics for decades, and I never seen such a look of disgust on John McCain's face, when he's talking about this. They know something, they're pissed, and it's all going to come out.

Don't GIVE a pile of rat shit about the DNC hacks anymore. We're WAY beyond that now.

And McCain and Graham are the spineless wimps who CONSTANTLY wanted to make nice to the other side to avoid major meltdowns like this one. They KNOW the consequences of lighting off a deep state war. You pile up all that compromising info for DECADES and someday -- some really desperate whacked out partisans are gonna start flinging it.

No no. You're not getting it. If the lame duck can make winks and nods to the Russians about what he'll do differently AFTER the election (that's what the comment was about) -- Why can't the challenger do the same thing?

Why is HE privileged to discussions about policy changes that MIGHT happen and his challenger is not?

You think Hillary wasn't talking to world leaders CONSTANTLY for the Clinton Foundation as a CIVILIAN during her campaigns????

Hillary Clinton is out of the picture, all EYEBALLS are focused on Trump. Emails & Benghazi pale in comparison to this. We are talking about collusion with a Foreign Adversary to do a Cyber Attack on the United States. This would be considered TREASON.

It will be a 1000 times worse than Watergate.

Dan Rather: "Trump's Russia Scandal Could Be Bigger Than Watergate" | Zero Hedge

And since you brought up FOUNDATIONS, I am certain you DON'T KNOW that the New York State Attorney Generals office ordered a cease and desist order on the Trump foundation two weeks before the election.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/04/us/politics/trump-foundation-money.html?_r=0
'I've never encountered anything so brazen': Report details shocking new revelations about Trump Foundation

[...]

Trump-putin-image.jpg

Links or quotes on Flynn please. Don't give a damn about the 2 expendables.
i've only heard it on the news, give me a few minutes to find an article

Hillary Clinton is out of the picture, all EYEBALLS are focused on Trump. Emails & Benghazi pale in comparison to this. We are talking about collusion with a Foreign Adversary to do a Cyber Attack on the United States. This is considered TREASON.

Dan Rather: "Trump's Russia Scandal Could Be Bigger Than Watergate" | Zero Hedge

There's no evidence of Trump colluding with Russia to get elected. Get a grip.. The ONLY thing you got is a PARTISAN SELF INQUIRY at the DNC to analyze the PRIMARY evidence of the hack.

Everything AFTER THAT was partisan DOMESTIC Intel propaganda. Golden showers and all...

Hillary Clinton is out of the picture, all EYEBALLS are focused on Trump. Emails & Benghazi pale in comparison to this. We are talking about collusion with a Foreign Adversary to do a Cyber Attack on the United States. This is considered TREASON.

There's no evidence of Trump colluding with Russia to get elected. Get a grip.. The ONLY thing you got is a PARTISAN SELF INQUIRY at the DNC to analyze the PRIMARY evidence of the hack.

Everything AFTER THAT was partisan DOMESTIC Intel propaganda. Golden showers and all...

Again anyone with half a brain would realize that there was absolutely NO justifiable reason to have so much contact with high level Russian officials during the campaign season. They can't vote or make campaign contributions. If you can't connect those dots then it's definitely your issue, not mine.
Donald Trump's Many, Many, Many, Many Ties to Russia

th

i don't think you get it....talking to other foreign nationals is not against the law....trying to undermine, go against, finagle a deal with foreign nationals that goes against USA policy is illegal.

and Obama during his second election, even though he was the President, told the Russian guy, that they would talk AFTER the election...on his plans....

THAT was Obama, respecting our election process, and saying let us wait, and see who wins....in case Obama did not win, he did not want to hamstring the next president.

not yet....emphasis on yet...

personally, I've believed from connecting the dots a half year ago, that he/his team, was involved in the disbursement and timing of the dumping of the emails.... I hope I'm wrong, but it is not looking like I am....

Forum List

Back