'Big nothing burger': Fani Willis hearing failed to turn up evidence of corruption

She put her lover on the payroll for a job that he was obviously not qualified for at a wage that was obviously out of line with the other prosecutors who she hired that WERE qualified and then went on lavish vacations with him paid for by Wade. The conflict of interest is that she is benefiting from this case being litigated because she was benefiting from the inflated wages that her lover was paid.

#1 There was no evidence presented that the DA paid Wade a rate as a contract prosecutor any different than any other contract prosecutor.

#2 There was testimony that Wade's partners at their firm did receive contract pay for less than Wade was paid for as a contract prosecutor ($250 an hour), but that was due to the other attorney's doing NON-prosecutor work. Specifically First Appearance ($60 an hour) and Taint/Filter ($150 an hour).

WW

#1 There was no evidence presented that the DA paid Wade a rate as a contract prosecutor any different than any other contract prosecutor.

#2 There was testimony that Wade's partners at their firm did receive contract pay for less than Wade was paid for as a contract prosecutor ($250 an hour), but that was due to the other attorney's doing NON-prosecutor work. Specifically First Appearance ($60 an hour) and Taint/Filter ($150 an hour).

WW
You hire 3 attorney's...2 of which have RICO experience and 1 that has none but you have the 2 that have RICO experience handle "NON-prosecutor" work while you have the 1 with no RICO experience concentrate on that? But you don't see the problem?

Come on, WW...it's obvious what happened here and I think you know it!

You hire 3 attorney's...2 of which have RICO experience and 1 that has none but you have the 2 that have RICO experience handle "NON-prosecutor" work while you have the 1 with no RICO experience concentrate on that? But you don't see the problem?

Come on, WW...it's obvious what happened here and I think you know it!

You have yet to source where Wades partners have this RICO experience you keep mentioning and have been asked multiple time for.

So you have a creditable source or is it something you made up?
Different attorney's like or specialize in different areas of the law. My daughter loves litigation. She's done both defense and prosecution. She has no desire for real estate, trusts and wills, business contracts, etc. But if you are in a small firm, you take what you can get to pay the bills and keep the lights on.

Come on, Oldestyle...you keep making claims, they get shot down, and you haven't supported them and I think you know it!

WW

You have yet to source where Wades partners have this RICO experience you keep mentioning and have been asked multiple time for.

Different attorney's like or specialize in different areas of the law. My daughter loves litigation. She's done both defense and prosecution. She has no desire for real estate, trusts and wills, business contracts, etc. But if you are in a small firm, you take what you can get to pay the bills and keep the lights on.

Come on, Oldestyle...you keep making claims, they get shot down, and you haven't supported them and I think you know it!

WW

WW
To be blunt, WW? I don't think you know that much about the lawyers involved. John Floyd is a noted RICO lawyer. Wade was basically a personal injury lawyer with zero RICO experience. So AGAIN why would you pay Wade more than Floyd? Why would you even have Wade ON a RICO case?

Na dude, you have been talking about the lawyers in Wades firm having RICO experience and being paid less that Wade.

Not some rando Google search and you found some other lawyer with the word RICO in their curriculum vitae.

And you've ignored that Roy Barnes (ex-Governor and ex-GA prosecutor) was offered the prosecution contract as the first choice and turned it down because the AG rate was so low.

WW

To be blunt, WW? I don't think you know that much about the lawyers involved. John Floyd is a noted RICO lawyer. Wade was basically a personal injury lawyer with zero RICO experience. So AGAIN why would you pay Wade more than Floyd? Why would you even have Wade ON a RICO case?

Because other lawyers wouldn't take the law rate. That was testified to - in court and in front of the judge - by an experience attorney that was offered the job prior to Wade. He turned it down because he wouldn't take the reduction in income based on a low hourly rate.

And I think you make up stuff not before the court.

WW

Na dude, you have been talking about the lawyers in Wades firm having RICO experience and being paid less that Wade.

Not some rando Google search and you found some other lawyer with the word RICO in their curriculum vitae.

And you've ignored that Roy Barnes (ex-Governor and ex-GA prosecutor) was offered the prosecution contract as the first choice and turned it down because the AG rate was so low.

WW
John Floyd is one of the other two lawyers that Willis hired, WW. You claimed he didn't have RICO experience. It's OBVIOUS that he has EXTENSIVE experience with RICO cases!

WW
Would you be shocked to know that Wade was sitting in the room when that offer was made to Roy Barnes? So was Barnes REALLY the first choice if Wade was already working on that case?

John Floyd is one of the other two lawyers that Willis hired, WW. You claimed he didn't have RICO experience. It's OBVIOUS that he has EXTENSIVE experience with RICO cases!

So now you are saying she DID hire a RICO expert. Before you were saying she DIDN'T hire a RICO expert over Wade.

(Psst - She's hired BOTH. However Floyd role is consulting, not the the lead on a specific case.)

WW

Would you be shocked to know that Wade was sitting in the room when that offer was made to Roy Barnes? So was Barnes REALLY the first choice if Wade was already working on that case?

No, wouldn't suprise me at all that he was part of the recruiting effort. Why would it shock you?

You do know that large cases like this have teams of attorney's that typically work on them? This isn't a Perry Mason episode, this is real world.

WW

Explain what the conflict of interest is and tell us what the corruption is since it was not shown in court. Sorry Trump Humpers, she is not going to be removed.
She has bigger problems, because it's about to be proven that she and Wade perjured themselves when they described the timeline of their relationship.

Not to mention, if her and Wade's relationship was no big deal they wouldn't have tried hide it and they damn sure wouldn't have lied about it under oath.

So now you are saying she DID hire a RICO expert. Before you were saying she DIDN'T hire a RICO expert over Wade.

(Psst - She's hired BOTH. However Floyd role is consulting, not the the lead on a specific case.)

WW
When did I ever say she didn't hire a RICO expert? You're the one who claimed that the reason Wade was paid more than the other two is that they weren't doing RICO work and he was!

So did you want to take a crack at explaining why Wade would get 100 more per hour than Floyd...someone considered an EXPERT on RICO cases?

No, wouldn't suprise me at all that he was part of the recruiting effort. Why would it shock you?

You do know that large cases like this have teams of attorney's that typically work on them? This isn't a Perry Mason episode, this is real world.

WW
It doesn't shock me at all. It tells me that Willis wanted her boyfriend on this case despite his not being qualified to handle a case of this magnitude. So was that offer to Barnes the same pay rate that she gave to Floyd? If so then no wonder he turned it down.

When did I ever say she didn't hire a RICO expert? You're the one who claimed that the reason Wade was paid more than the other two is that they weren't doing RICO work and he was!

So did you want to take a crack at explaining why Wade would get 100 more per hour than Floyd...someone considered an EXPERT on RICO cases?

This is false. I never claimed Wade paid more than the other two is that they weren't doing RICO work and he was!

What I said was testimony before the court was that Wade partners were doing First Appearance and Taint/Filter work at lower rates ($60 per hour and $150 per hour respectively) and Wade was contracted as a prosecutor ($250 per hour).

I made no claim having anthing to do with "RICO", I pointed out the rates testified to before the court.

If you can't respond about what I actually said instead of trying to put words in my mouth I think we are about done.

WW

It doesn't shock me at all. It tells me that Willis wanted her boyfriend on this case despite his not being qualified to handle a case of this magnitude. So was that offer to Barnes the same pay rate that she gave to Floyd? If so then no wonder he turned it down.
Your argument, on its face, reveals the irrationality at the heart of it. Having an unqualified prosecutor on the case would of already have worked itself out in the favor of the defense and they wouldn't be complaining about an unqualified, incompetent prosecutor trying to put them on trial.

She has bigger problems, because it's about to be proven that she and Wade perjured themselves when they described the timeline of their relationship.

Not to mention, if her and Wade's relationship was no big deal they wouldn't have tried hide it and they damn sure wouldn't have lied about it under oath.
Why is it we always here that it's about to be proven and then nothing ever happens.

Your argument, on its face, reveals the irrationality at the heart of it. Having an unqualified prosecutor on the case would of already have worked itself out in the favor of the defense and they wouldn't be complaining about an unqualified, incompetent prosecutor trying to put them on trial.
There is little question that Fani Willis' soap opera of a DA's office works in favor of the defense, Curried. That doesn't mean that Willis and Wade should be given a pass on committing perjury. They're Officer's of the Court. They know full well the seriousness of lying to the court.

There is little question that Fani Willis' soap opera of a DA's office works in favor of the defense, Curried. That doesn't mean that Willis and Wade should be given a pass on committing perjury. They're Officer's of the Court. They know full well the seriousness of lying to the court.
They didn't prove any perjury. :dunno: Your argument about qualifications are a non starter. And Wade actually made less working for the county than he would of in his private practice. If Fani wanted to get some benefits from her man she would of steered him clear of a job that paid him less.

Forum List

Back