Bill Taylor's opening statement- quid pro quo

I recommend everyone read Bill Taylor's opening statement today.
Top US diplomat to Ukraine testifies there was a quid pro quo

I suggest reading the entire thing because there is great perspective in his statement.

While it confirms the quid pro quo that had been suspected- what is perhaps even more disturbing is his description of a shadow diplomacy being led by Rudy Giuliani- the President's private attorney- in leading America's diplomatic conversation with Ukraine.

I know that the Trump supporters will reflexively attack Bill Taylor.....but for anyone who thinks that they are objective- read his statement.

Read it.
I'm not a trump supporter, but I do lean to the right. I wont attack him, rather, I say, lets get this thing started. The dems.have the evidence, let's get the articles drawn up and sent to the house for a full vote so we can get this thing moving.

Did you read Bill Taylor's statement? You can certainly have an opinion on what he said.
No, I didnt read it, so I have no opinion. I'm just saying, let's do this thingy. If the evidence is there, let's get it started.

It is started.
And why didn't you read Bill Taylor's statement?
Is it just that you prefer to be ignorant?

Nothing has started. This is a sham./

The Trumpettes have just cycled back to their usual name calling and obfuscation.

This thread is about Bill Taylor's opening statement. I am going to ignore the rest of the attempts to derail the thread by Trump's idiotic band of clowns.

Bill Taylor had nothing to offer. The process is a joke. Political theater. There is zero chance Trump will be removed from office just months before a general election. They are trying to soften Trump up to help Clinton or whoever else becomes the Dem nominee. In some ways, I don't blame the Democrats on strategy. Anyone currently running would crushed by Trump. And, Hillary..she would have a chance. But, I think the map would mirror 2016 for her.

Bill Taylor's statement was quite informative- but it did have lots of words and that is challenging for Trumpettes.

Hillary will not get the nomination, but we will see what further dirty tricks the Trump campaign tries to use to attack the Democratic nominees- will he enlist Russia too? He has already reached out to China and Ukraine.

Why is Schiff the only one leaking into to the media?

Why do you fantasize that is true?
I don't fantasize! I know. It was reported within the last hour. NOW answer my question you've been cowardly dodging all afternoon. Are you an American citizen?

Citation please.

Are you actually a Russian troll like we all believe?
You know you've been dodging my questions to you. Just answer it...,...Are you an American citizen?

You know you've been dodging my questions to you. Just answer it.....are you a Russian troll like we believe? Or just a Nazi sympathizer?
I'm neither. I'm a proud conservative American natural born Citizen. So, with that said, are you an American citizen?

I suggest reading the entire thing because there is great perspective in his statement.

While it confirms the quid pro quo that had been suspected- what is perhaps even more disturbing is his description of a shadow diplomacy being led by Rudy Giuliani- the President's private attorney- in leading America's diplomatic conversation with Ukraine.

I know that the Trump supporters will reflexively attack Bill Taylor.....but for anyone who thinks that they are objective- read his statement.

Read it.
I read his statement earlier. It's completely hearsay! He has bias against Trump.
Sigh. So very predictable.

He certainly did repeat what he heard. That is what is so damning.

Please feel free to show his bias against Trump in his opening statement.

You guys need to get a life.

Trump could have openly traded slaves and you'll not get a conviction in the senate.

When you get just one side doing all the talking because your locking out the other side,
you tend to get this kind of BS. Carry on sheep

How many alleged criminals or their lawyers get to take part in a police investigation?
This is a police investigation? Really?

It is an analogy. I'm trying to help you understand the process. The accused will get his trial in the Senate. The House is like a Grand Jury. Accused criminals and their lawyers don't get to participate in that either. Wait for the Senate trial.
Rules have been made up specifically for this one occasion. Never before has it been handled as it is now.
You might think that's right and I know you do because you have a case of TDS. But, to real America the dems
are fooling no one. It's known as desperation, and in football it's known as a Hail Mary.

That is correct. This IS different because there is no Archibald Cox or Kenneth Starr to conduct the investigation. The House is doing the investigation. Still, despite Ken Starr leaking like a sieve, those investigations were not conducted in public.

The Stalinists under Traitor Schitt are conducting Soviet Style Star Chamber secret tribunals.

Why would America let you get away with it? You're no different than the Nazis in 1928 were - we still have the power to tell you "no" to use an "AR-15 veto" of your coup if needed.

Never again.

Read it.
I did there was no quid pro quo.. just a deep stater that got exposed.. go away haters

LOL god you Trumpettes are so predictable.

During this same phone call I had with Mr. Morrison, he went on to describe a

conversation Ambassador Sondland had with Mr. Yermak at Warsaw. Ambassador

Sondland told Mr. Yermak that the security assistance money would not come until

President Zelenskyy committed to pursue the Burisma investigation. I was alarmed by

what Mr. Morrison told me about the Sondland-Yermak conversation. This was the first

time I had heard that the security assistance—not just the White House meeting—was

conditioned on the investigations.

Ambassador Sondland also told me that he now recognized that he had made a mistake

by earlier telling the Ukrainian officials to whom he spoke that a White House meeting

with President Zelenskyy was dependent on a public announcement of investigations-in

fact, Ambassador Sondland said, “everything” was dependent on such an

announcement, including security assistance. He said that President Trump wanted

President Zelenskyy “in a public box” by making a public statement about ordering such

investigations.

My Daughters girlfriend said she heard from her brother that their neighbor had a friend who had a cousin that talked to an assistant to the ambassadors gardener who said that he heard a guy at the bar say that Trump engaged in quid pro quo.

IMPEACH

Wow I didn't know your Daughter was an Ambassador or that her girlfriend was an Ambassador who was recounting what the President of the United States had told her.

Ambassador Sondland also told me that he now recognized that he had made a mistake

by earlier telling the Ukrainian officials to whom he spoke that a White House meeting

with President Zelenskyy was dependent on a public announcement of investigations-in

announcement, including security assistance. He said that President Trump wanted

President Zelenskyy “in a public box” by making a public statement about ordering such

investigations.

What I think is funny is this cry of 'hearsay' when we all know- if Bill Taylor said he had heard the words straight from Trump's mouth you would still be defending Trump's quid pro quo.

Hearsay, rumor, slander, conjecture. ALL presented in the Capital Basement where the Stalinist thugs hold a Soviet Style Star Chamber.

(Mark Levin, give me credit for using my material!)

I did there was no quid pro quo.. just a deep stater that got exposed.. go away haters

Sondland told Mr. Yermak that the security assistance money would not come until

President Zelenskyy committed to pursue the Burisma investigation. I was alarmed by

what Mr. Morrison told me about the Sondland-Yermak conversation. This was the first

time I had heard that the security assistance—not just the White House meeting—was

investigations.

My Daughters girlfriend said she heard from her brother that their neighbor had a friend who had a cousin that talked to an assistant to the ambassadors gardener who said that he heard a guy at the bar say that Trump engaged in quid pro quo.

IMPEACH

Wow I didn't know your Daughter was an Ambassador or that her girlfriend was an Ambassador who was recounting what the President of the United States had told her.

investigations.

What I think is funny is this cry of 'hearsay' when we all know- if Bill Taylor said he had heard the words straight from Trump's mouth you would still be defending Trump's quid pro quo.
What did sonland say!? No pro quid quo lol

yeah- Sonland did say no quid pro quo.....and then went on to say"

investigations.

If I am the mayor of a small town and I tell you that the only way you get the town's garbage contract is to give $50K to my election fund- but I tell you that it isn't a 'quid pro quo'- does that mean it isn't a quid pro quo and is therefore legal?

How about; "You're an employee of McDonalds and your boss tells you that the only way you get your paycheck on Friday is to show up to work every day."

QUID PRO QUO - WAHHHHHHH

Putting strings on foreign aid is done 100% of the time.

Sigh, remember the old days (last year) when the Stalinists claimed they WANTED to know about the tampering with the 2016 election? Now it's impeachable to investigate it... (because the real Russian collusion was always the dims.)

investigations.

IMPEACH

investigations.

What did sonland say!? No pro quid quo lol

yeah- Sonland did say no quid pro quo.....and then went on to say"

investigations.

If I am the mayor of a small town and I tell you that the only way you get the town's garbage contract is to give $50K to my election fund- but I tell you that it isn't a 'quid pro quo'- does that mean it isn't a quid pro quo and is therefore legal?

How about; "You're an employee of McDonalds and your boss tells you that the only way you get your paycheck on Friday is to show up to work every day."

QUID PRO QUO - WAHHHHHHH

Putting strings on foreign aid is done 100% of the time..)

Way to avoid the actual subject.

Putting strings on foreign aid is done all the time- no disagreement.

Putting strings on foreign aid for the specific and personal benefit of the President of the United States is not.

Read it.
I'm not a trump supporter, but I do lean to the right. I wont attack him, rather, I say, lets get this thing started. The dems.have the evidence, let's get the articles drawn up and sent to the house for a full vote so we can get this thing moving.

Did you read Bill Taylor's statement? You can certainly have an opinion on what he said.
No, I didnt read it, so I have no opinion. I'm just saying, let's do this thingy. If the evidence is there, let's get it started.

It is started.

I know the inquiry has started, what I mean is, let's get the articles written, sent to the house, get them voted on, passed, and the start the trial.

What's the point of reading his statement? Is he being honest? Yes? How can you be sure? If i read it and come to a different conclusion, and then come here and explain it to you, are you going to believe me? Likely not.

Here's what it boils down to, I'm tired of all this nonsense. It really doesnt matter what I think. He is either guilty or he is not. So, rather than keep this side show going, let's just get on with it.

The dems are convinced beyond a doubt that he is guilty, the repubs are convinced beyond a doubt he is innocent. The only way this is going to end is to just get to it. Write the articles, take the vote, hold the trial.

I'm sorry, I wish my feelings on it went deeper than that, but, they dont. So, if the dems got him, I mean truly got him, then I'm with ya, so dont delay any longer, make a move.

Read it.
I read his statement earlier. It's completely hearsay! He has bias against Trump.
Sigh. So very predictable.

He certainly did repeat what he heard. That is what is so damning.

Please feel free to show his bias against Trump in his opening statement.

You guys need to get a life.

Trump could have openly traded slaves and you'll not get a conviction in the senate.

With this Senate- unfortunately you are probably correct.

Doesn't mean we should ignore his crimes.

Read it.

It is started.

I know the inquiry has started, what I mean is, let's get the articles written, sent to the house, get them voted on, passed, and the start the trial.

What's the point of reading his statement? Is he being honest? Yes? How can you be sure? If i read it and come to a different conclusion, and then come here and explain it to you, are you going to believe me? Likely not.

Here's what it boils down to, I'm tired of all this nonsense. It really doesnt matter what I think. He is either guilty or he is not. So, rather than keep this side show going, let's just get on with it.

The dems are convinced beyond a doubt that he is guilty, the repubs are convinced beyond a doubt he is innocent. The only way this is going to end is to just get to it. Write the articles, take the vote, hold the trial.

I'm sorry, I wish my feelings on it went deeper than that, but, they dont. So, if the dems got him, I mean truly got him, then I'm with ya, so dont delay any longer, make a move.

The House will vote on it when it is ready to. We are still in the very early days of the investigation.

What is the point of reading his statement? What is the point of reading anything? Hell what is the point of you posting here?

What Bill Taylor's statement does is recount what he was told by several people regarding the hold on Ukrainian funds and the push to get Ukraine to publicly announce an investigation into the Biden's.

Next comes interviewing the people who Bill Taylor said told him these things- including getting Ambassador Sondland back and under oath to address the very specific claims that Bill Taylor said he had made.

The threads need to be followed- and then the vote will come before the House.

Another fake news thread, about some guy some guy named Bill.

If Trump denied that the sun rose in the East, and the New York Times posted the sunrise times, you Trumpettes would claim it was Fake News.

Read it.
And now the story is that Ukraine's President felt the prrssure. And the judges are stepping in:

Judge orders State Department to release Ukraine records in 30 days

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/23/politics/judge-orders-state-department-to-release-ukraine-records/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

It is started.

The House will vote on it when it is ready to. We are still in the very early days of the investigation.

What is the point of reading his statement? What is the point of reading anything? Hell what is the point of you posting here?

What Bill Taylor's statement does is recount what he was told by several people regarding the hold on Ukrainian funds and the push to get Ukraine to publicly announce an investigation into the Biden's.

Next comes interviewing the people who Bill Taylor said told him these things- including getting Ambassador Sondland back and under oath to address the very specific claims that Bill Taylor said he had made.

The threads need to be followed- and then the vote will come before the House.

You're right, why do any of us post here? We enjoy the torture I suspect? If you think that any amount of posting on these forums will ever convince the other side, or sway them to your way of thinking, you are kidding yourself. We here, are locked in perpetual disagreement....again, I suppose we all like the torture.

You believe his testimony, I have no problem with that, and for every fact you lay out, you'll have 20 Repubs with facts of their own to refute it. See my point? This is all a game, a game meant to never be won. We just go round and round from one game to the next. Sometimes the game is fun, there is always excitement in debate, trying to out "fact" the other side, out wit them, and try to win....but I've realized, you cant win...because nobody is willing to concede. We are all so divided, partisan, and hate filled, our egos and pride wont allow us to admit defeat, and when we are wrong...so, the game continues.

On this particular issue, for some reason, I've just thrown my hands up and said "go for it dude, whatever makes ya happy".

There will be one of two outcomes, and they are the same outcome, someone will have egg on their face....and then the next game starts. Can ya guess what that game is? I already know....its the "your side cheated/lied/obstructed/faked/conspired" game.

So....yeah, I've said way too much I guess. On this topic, I just dont care anymore, my opinion isnt relevant, my facts are irrelevant, and my thoughts on the matter are irrelevant. My opinions will have zero impact on the outcome of what happens, or doesnt happen, to trump.

[emoji2957]

Another fake news thread, about some guy some guy named Bill.

If Trump denied that the sun rose in the East, and the New York Times posted the sunrise times, you Trumpettes would claim it was Fake News.

Some parrot babbling about some guy named Bill who said a bunch of stuff that didn't amount to anything is now calling people 'Trumpettes', and whining that they're making fun of the fake news about some guy named Bill, who said a bunch of stuff.

Read it.
And now the story is that Ukraine's President felt the prrssure. And the judges are stepping in:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/23/politics/judge-orders-state-department-to-release-ukraine-records/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

Then Uncle Joe Biden should do the right thing and tell his kid to return their money to them. Of course, that would require character, and to do so would bring the wrath of you assorted sicko deviants down on them,.

Read it.

Then Uncle Joe Biden should do the right thing and tell his kid to return their money to them. Of course, that would require character, and to do so would bring the wrath of you assorted sicko deviants down on them,.
Hey, get the house back and investigate Biden, then. You know, like they did with Hillary for 25 years. Knock yourselves out.

Until then...have a seat. You like the hardball, now?

Forum List

Back