Black in Latin America PBS's Hypocritical Excuse for Latinos

brokenarrow

Rookie
Apr 20, 2011
I watched the episode about Blacks in Mexico and Peru. It was interesting to learn that slavery began in Mexico in 1520, almost 100 years before it arrived in North America. But they don't really point this out. I did the math.

Then Henry Louis Gates Jr., a black Harvard educated professor bragged about how slavery ended in Mexico 35 years before it ended with the American Civil War in 1865.

Now let's do some math

Slavery in Mexico 1520-1830 or 310 years

Slavery in the US 1619-1865 or 246 years.

What is to applaude? Slavery lasted 64 years longer in Mexico?

Even the Mexicans were giving the Professor funny looks.

I guess Harvard really lowered their standards.

Last edited:
I believe that the first University in the Western Hemisphere was also in Mexico. That unisersity was about a century old before the settlement at Jamestown, if memory serves

I also believe that the oldest slave market in what is now the United States was in Spanish Saint Augustine Florida. That was founded in 1598 according to Wiki.

The first European owned slaves were those natives captured by Christopher Colombus on his first voyage in 1492, FYI.

Of course those slave owners were not "latino" or " Mexicans" they were pure-blood SPANIARDS.

=editec;3629730]I believe that the first University in the Western Hemisphere was also in Mexico. That unisersity was about a century old before the settlement at Jamestown, if memory serves
And slavery appeared there a century before Jamestown. By HISPANICS!

I also believe that the oldest slave market in what is now the United States was in Spanish Saint Augustine Florida. That was founded in 1598 according to Wiki.
And Florida was a HISPANIC colony. It became a US state in 1845.

The first European owned slaves were those natives captured by Christopher Colombus on his first voyage in 1492, FYI.

And Christopher Columbus was an Italian working for HISPANICS!!!!

Of course those slave owners were not "latino" or " Mexicans" they were pure-blood SPANIARDS.
And Spaniads are HISPANICS!!!!!!

http://www.pinzler.com/ushistory/timeline5.html

Last edited:
=editec;3629730]I believe that the first University in the Western Hemisphere was also in Mexico. That unisersity was about a century old before the settlement at Jamestown, if memory serves
And slavery appeared there a century before Jamestown. By HISPANICS!

And Florida was a HISPANIC colony.

And Christopher Columbus was an Italian working for HISPANICS!!!!

And Spaniads are HISPANICS!!!!!!

are you this breathtakingly stupid in real life?

:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back