Blacks are more often criminal is just a myth. Whites account for most violent crimes by over 2:1

People of the world don't trust white people, watch your back when you are around them.
Who was it that said, “There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

THere are other differences.

None of which you can substantiate which is why you are a racist.

Do you really need a link proving that blacks have a vastly higher rate of illegitimacy?

If so, why not demand it, challenge me on the merits, or lack their of, of my position?

Oh, because you know that it is true.

You know that it is you who cannot defend your position.

THat is why you rely so heavily on Appeal to Ridicule, and the Race Card.

Your political agenda is greatly served by the status quo.

THus you support it.

Even though it is literally killing blacks by the thousands every year.

If your denial every fails, and you realize the human costs of your hypocrisy and lies...

I would almost pity you.

Almost.

If you weren't such an unpleasant person.

You are fallaciously claiming that illegitimacy is causing crime.

In essence you are trying to use a correlation to claim causation that has no factual basis.

That is dishonest, and in this instance racist too, since illegitimacy is not confined to any single race. You cannot establish that it is the cause of crime amongst blacks.

You are dishonest. I already pointed out that illegitimacy is far higher in the black community, which it is, and which you well know. I specifically did NOT claim that it was unique to the black community. That is a strawman on your part.

You are also dishonest in that your claims of poverty being the cause of crime is just as much correlation as mine.

YOu cannot establish that poverty is the cause of crime among blacks, or anyone else for that matter.

Unless the OP has claimed that the average white person is more than twice as likely as the average black person to commit a crime.

That stat I'd like to see.

This thread is a perfect example of how we can't have an honest conversation about race in this country. Tragic.

All things being equal there is no significant difference as to who is more likely to commit crimes between the various races.
Read this:

Why Crime Rates Have Little to do with Poverty

The article is based upon the fallacy of comparing rural white poverty with urban black poverty.

Comparing apples to oranges results in fruit salad, not valid data.

Equal lack of opportunity for escaping from poverty.

Equal living conditions in a crime ridden area.

Equal treatment by the authorities.

Opportunities are equal. All one has to do is avail oneself of them.

Poor whites, blacks and Hispanics in crime ridden areas have equal living conditions.

Authorities will treat everyo0ne the same unless and until you resist arrest or rush the officer and try to disarm him.

I would bet there is a more direct correlation to the attitude of an arrestee than his skin color.

Unequal Opportunity Race and Education Brookings Institution

Land Of Unequal Opportunity - Businessweek

https://www.vsb.org/publications/valawyer/dec00/dunnaville.pdf

Do you really need a link proving that blacks have a vastly higher rate of illegitimacy?

If so, why not demand it, challenge me on the merits, or lack their of, of my position?

THus you support it.

If your denial every fails, and you realize the human costs of your hypocrisy and lies...

I would almost pity you.

Almost.

In essence you are trying to use a correlation to claim causation that has no factual basis.

That is dishonest, and in this instance racist too, since illegitimacy is not confined to any single race. You cannot establish that it is the cause of crime amongst blacks.

You are dishonest. I already pointed out that illegitimacy is far higher in the black community, which it is, and which you well know. I specifically did NOT claim that it was unique to the black community. That is a strawman on your part.

You are also dishonest in that your claims of poverty being the cause of crime is just as much correlation as mine.

YOu cannot establish that poverty is the cause of crime among blacks, or anyone else for that matter.

So far I am the only one of us that has provided credible links to substantiate my position. All you have are your racist lies.

Your posts prove that you erroneously claimed that illegitimacy amongst blacks was the cause of poverty and crime.

Have a nice day!

Unless the OP has claimed that the average white person is more than twice as likely as the average black person to commit a crime.

This thread is a perfect example of how we can't have an honest conversation about race in this country. Tragic.

All things being equal there is no significant difference as to who is more likely to commit crimes between the various races.
Read this:

The article is based upon the fallacy of comparing rural white poverty with urban black poverty.

You said poverty was that cause.

Read this:

YOu like using words like fallacy.

Just because you don't agree doesn't make it a fallacy.

You claim poverty causes crime.

Now you claim that there are differences between the white rural poverty and black urban poverty.

YOu don't mention what they are, you just call the argument a "fallacy" without explanation.

Your support for your position consists solely of calling the opposing argument a fallacy.

THus you support it.

I would almost pity you.

Almost.

So far I am the only one of us that has provided credible links to substantiate my position. All you have are your racist lies.

Your posts prove that you erroneously claimed that illegitimacy amongst blacks was the cause of poverty and crime.

Have a nice day!

I already responded to that link by pointing out that it was attempting to correlate poverty and crime, but that as illegitimacy causes poverty, that apparent correlation is false.

YOu ignored that, as you had no answer.

Want a link? Sure.

The Real Root Causes of Violent Crime The Breakdown of Marriage Family and Community

"Douglas Smith and G. Roger Jarjoura, in a major 1988 study of 11,000 individuals, found that "the percentage of single-parent households with children between the ages of 12 and 20 is significantly associated with rates of violent crime and burglary." The same study makes clear that the widespread popular assumption that there is an association between race and crime is false. Illegitimacy is the key factor. It is the absence of marriage, and the failure to form and maintain intact families, that explains the incidence of high crime in a neighborhood among whites as well as blacks. This contradicts conventional wisdom.

Bolstering the Smith-Jarjoura study, University ofIllinois sociologist Robert J. Sampson, in a study on the differential effects of poverty and family disruption on crime, states:

Overall the analysis shows that rates of black violent offending, especially by juveniles, are strongly influenced by variations in family structure. Independent of the major candidates supplied by prior criminological theory (e.g. income, region, size, density, age and race composition) black family disruption has the largest effects on black juvenile robbery and homicide.... The effects of family structure are strong and cannot be easily dismissed by reference to other structural and cultural features of urban environments.... The effect of family disruption on black violence is not due to the effect of black violence on family structure.
Sampson adds: "the predictors of white robbery are in large part identical in sign and magnitude to those for blacks."

HOW CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR DEVELOPS

Propensity to crime develops in stages associated with major psychological and sociological factors. The factors are not caused by race or poverty, and the stages are the normal tasks of growing up that every child confronts as he gets older. In the case of future violent criminals these tasks, in the absence of the love, affection, and dedication of both his parents, become perverse exercises, frustrating his needs and stunting his ability to belong.

The stages are:"

Bolding added.

Read this:

Read this:

Now you claim that there are differences between the white rural poverty and black urban poverty.

YOu don't mention what they are, you just call the argument a "fallacy" without explanation.

Your support for your position consists solely of calling the opposing argument a fallacy.

Which part of "all things being EQUAL" do you need an adult to explain to you?

Read this:

Read this:

Which part of "all things being EQUAL" do you need an adult to explain to you?

Save your self serving blather.

What is the difference that drives the difference in crime rates?

YOu said poverty.

BUt now there is something about the white rural setting vs the black urban setting that counter acts that.

If poverty is somehow not effecting rural poor whites as strongly as urban poor blacks, then why not? What is NOT equal?

IMO, it's illegitimacy.

YOu? Instead of explaining the difference you like to use words like fallacy and racist.

Have I complemented you on your choice of Avatar yet? It's perfect for you.

THus you support it.

I would almost pity you.

Almost.

Have a nice day!

I already responded to that link by pointing out that it was attempting to correlate poverty and crime, but that as illegitimacy causes poverty, that apparent correlation is false.

Want a link? Sure.

The Real Root Causes of Violent Crime The Breakdown of Marriage Family and Community

"Douglas Smith and G. Roger Jarjoura, in a major 1988 study of 11,000 individuals, found that "the percentage of single-parent households with children between the ages of 12 and 20 is significantly associated with rates of violent crime and burglary." The same study makes clear that the widespread popular assumption that there is an association between race and crime is false. Illegitimacy is the key factor. It is the absence of marriage, and the failure to form and maintain intact families, that explains the incidence of high crime in a neighborhood among whites as well as blacks. This contradicts conventional wisdom.

Bolstering the Smith-Jarjoura study, University ofIllinois sociologist Robert J. Sampson, in a study on the differential effects of poverty and family disruption on crime, states:

Overall the analysis shows that rates of black violent offending, especially by juveniles, are strongly influenced by variations in family structure. Independent of the major candidates supplied by prior criminological theory (e.g. income, region, size, density, age and race composition) black family disruption has the largest effects on black juvenile robbery and homicide.... The effects of family structure are strong and cannot be easily dismissed by reference to other structural and cultural features of urban environments.... The effect of family disruption on black violence is not due to the effect of black violence on family structure.
Sampson adds: "the predictors of white robbery are in large part identical in sign and magnitude to those for blacks."

Propensity to crime develops in stages associated with major psychological and sociological factors. The factors are not caused by race or poverty, and the stages are the normal tasks of growing up that every child confronts as he gets older. In the case of future violent criminals these tasks, in the absence of the love, affection, and dedication of both his parents, become perverse exercises, frustrating his needs and stunting his ability to belong.

Bolding added.

Thank you for admitting that you are wrong.

All things being equal the crime resulting from poverty is not influenced by race.

I was going to point out that you had go back 20 years to find a discredited article from the extreme rightwing Heritage Foundation and provide you with current studies exposing it as fallacious but then I saw your following post and realized that it was futile.

Like all racists you are immune to facts and reality.

Poverty and crime are closely intertwined and only racists like you try to find ways to blame blacks for both the poverty and the crime when whites in identical poverty circumstances are just as prone to crime.

To believe otherwise is racist because people everywhere behave in similar manners in similar circumstances. We the People are equal when it comes to both good and bad.

That you are incapable of grasping this basic concept proves that you lack the cognitive abilities necessary to learn and comprehend.

And equally so you lack the basic level of honesty and integrity to admit this about yourself.

Both of these shortcomings are common to all racists so you have plenty of company, albeit bad.

THus you support it.

I would almost pity you.

Almost.

Have a nice day!

Want a link? Sure.

Bolding added.

Thank you for admitting that you are wrong.

All things being equal the crime resulting from poverty is not influenced by race.

I was going to point out that you had go back 20 years to find a discredited article from the extreme rightwing Heritage Foundation and provide you with current studies exposing it as fallacious but then I saw your following post and realized that it was futile.

Like all racists you are immune to facts and reality.

Poverty and crime are closely intertwined and only racists like you try to find ways to blame blacks for both the poverty and the crime when whites in identical poverty circumstances are just as prone to crime.

To believe otherwise is racist because people everywhere behave in similar manners in similar circumstances. We the People are equal when it comes to both good and bad.

That you are incapable of grasping this basic concept proves that you lack the cognitive abilities necessary to learn and comprehend.

And equally so you lack the basic level of honesty and integrity to admit this about yourself.

Both of these shortcomings are common to all racists so you have plenty of company, albeit bad.

I did not "admit I was wrong" you lying asshole.

I am not trying to blame blacks. I am trying to discuss the reasons for the relatively higher crime rates among blacks.

THat you are trying to deny.

THe fact that whites in poverty do not have the same crime rates as blacks in poverty disproves your claim.

THe fact that Illegitimate whites DO have the same crime rates as illegitimate blacks proves my claim.

YOu still haven't presented YOUR opinion on what the difference is between urban poor blacks and rural poor whites that makes poverty NOT cause as much crime among the poor whites.

And you are NOT going to do it in your next post either.

You've certainly said "Racist" a lot. Is that meant to be your argument?

I am not trying to blame blacks. I am trying to discuss the reasons for the relatively higher crime rates among blacks.

Really?

Then why not try commenting on these FACTS?

ARE Blacks A Criminal Race Surprising Statistics Van Jones

Or these FACTS?

Criminal Justice Fact Sheet NAACP

Drug Sentencing Disparities

• About 14 million Whites and 2.6 million African Americans report using an illicit drug
  • 5 times as many Whites are using drugs as African Americans, yet African Americans are sent to prison for drug offenses at 10 times the rate of Whites
  • African Americans represent 12% of the total population of drug users, but 38% of those arrested for drug offenses, and 59% of those in state prison for a drug offense.
  • African Americans serve virtually as much time in prison for a drug offense (58.7 months) as whites do for a violent offense (61.7 months). (Sentencing Project)
Contributing Factors

• Inner city crime prompted by social and economic isolation
  • Crime/drug arrest rates: African Americans represent 12% of monthly drug users, but comprise 32% of persons arrested for drug possession
  • "Get tough on crime" and "war on drugs" policies
  • Mandatory minimum sentencing, especially disparities in sentencing for crack and powder cocaine possession
  • In 2002, blacks constituted more than 80% of the people sentenced under the federal crack cocaine laws and served substantially more time in prison for drug offenses than did whites, despite that fact that more than 2/3 of crack cocaine users in the U.S. are white or Hispanic

Really?

Or these FACTS?

• About 14 million Whites and 2.6 million African Americans report using an illicit drug
  • 5 times as many Whites are using drugs as African Americans, yet African Americans are sent to prison for drug offenses at 10 times the rate of Whites
  • African Americans represent 12% of the total population of drug users, but 38% of those arrested for drug offenses, and 59% of those in state prison for a drug offense.
  • African Americans serve virtually as much time in prison for a drug offense (58.7 months) as whites do for a violent offense (61.7 months). (Sentencing Project)
Contributing Factors

• Crime/drug arrest rates: African Americans represent 12% of monthly drug users, but comprise 32% of persons arrested for drug possession
  • Mandatory minimum sentencing, especially disparities in sentencing for crack and powder cocaine possession
  • In 2002, blacks constituted more than 80% of the people sentenced under the federal crack cocaine laws and served substantially more time in prison for drug offenses than did whites, despite that fact that more than 2/3 of crack cocaine users in the U.S. are white or Hispanic

I would be happy to.

Just drop the Shot Gun Fallacy approach and focus on the one you think is most important. For a start.

Really?

Or these FACTS?

Contributing Factors

I would be happy to.

Just drop the Shot Gun Fallacy approach and focus on the one you think is most important. For a start.

There is no "Shot Gun Fallacy"!

All of the above are valid. If you cannot refute any of them trying to pick holes in just one of them is irrelevant.

Either you can refute those facts or you can't.

Which is it?

Really?

Or these FACTS?

Contributing Factors

I would be happy to.

All of the above are valid. If you cannot refute any of them trying to pick holes in just one of them is irrelevant.

Which is it?

List of fallacies - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

• Shotgun argumentation – the arguer offers such a large number of arguments for their position that the opponent can't possibly respond to all of them. (See "Argument by verbosity" and "Gish Gallop", above.)

Pick the one you think is strongest. Go ahead. If you don't I will.

I also note that, as I predicted, you've dropped the whole question of why rural poor whites, just as poor as poor urban blacks have lower crime.

Really?

Or these FACTS?

Contributing Factors

I would be happy to.

Which is it?

• Shotgun argumentation – the arguer offers such a large number of arguments for their position that the opponent can't possibly respond to all of them. (See "Argument by verbosity" and "Gish Gallop", above.)

I also note that, as I predicted, you've dropped the whole question of why rural poor whites, just as poor as poor urban blacks have lower crime.

Looks like you just shot your credibility down in flames with this racist post! #38

Another White on White crime not reported featuring an Open Carry Teaper Gun Nut Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

So now that you established your racist credentials in more than one thread we can take that as a given and move on from there.

As far as your ignorance regarding the difference between urban and rural poverty goes that confirms that you are appallingly ignorant just like your fellow racists.

No, you weren't "overwhelmed" with arguments.

You were given 4 points with 5 contributing factors.

If that overwhelmed your solitary functioning synapse you have just disqualified yourself from any further meaningful participation on this topic.

Have a nice day.

Really?

Or these FACTS?

Contributing Factors

I would be happy to.

Which is it?

Looks like you just shot your credibility down in flames with this racist post! #38

Another White on White crime not reported featuring an Open Carry Teaper Gun Nut Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

So now that you established your racist credentials in more than one thread we can take that as a given and move on from there.

As far as your ignorance regarding the difference between urban and rural poverty goes that confirms that you are appallingly ignorant just like your fellow racists.

If that overwhelmed your solitary functioning synapse you have just disqualified yourself from any further meaningful participation on this topic.

Have a nice day.
Please explain what you see as "racist" in that post..... Other than the fact you have no cogent reply.

Really?

Or these FACTS?

Contributing Factors

I would be happy to.

Which is it?

Have a nice day.

Drama queen much?

There was nothing racist about my posts in that other thread.

You still haven't given the reason for the POverty stricken Rural White POor to have lower crime than the poverty stricken urban Black Poor. Do you think that if you spew enough blather that I will forget about that?

Since you are afraid to focus on the points your raised (don't understand them well enough?) i will pick

this one.

"5 times as many Whites are using drugs as African Americans, yet African Americans are sent to prison for drug offenses at 10 times the rate of Whites"

NOtice how the number being discussed switches from "use" in absolute terms to "drug offense" as a rate of the population, the type of dishonest misleading statistic that liberalism needs to support it's mythological world view and it's indefensible policies.

Usage is far less likely to result in jail time than dealing.

IMO, that was the strongest of your points.

Crushed unless you can show that "Drug offenses" is limited to just users, and not dealers.

Really?

Or these FACTS?

Contributing Factors

I would be happy to.

Which is it?

Have a nice day.
Please explain what you see as "racist" in that post..... Other than the fact you have no cogent reply.

Not wasting my time on a reply doesn't mean that I don't have one.

The figures stated in that post were racist assumptions rather than based upon any sound data. It has already been established by the FBI themselves that drawing such erroneous assumptions from their data is invalid.

Really?

Or these FACTS?

Contributing Factors

I would be happy to.

Which is it?

Have a nice day.

Drama queen much?

There was nothing racist about my posts in that other thread.

You still haven't given the reason for the POverty stricken Rural White POor to have lower crime than the poverty stricken urban Black Poor. Do you think that if you spew enough blather that I will forget about that?

Since you are afraid to focus on the points your raised (don't understand them well enough?) i will pick

this one.

"5 times as many Whites are using drugs as African Americans, yet African Americans are sent to prison for drug offenses at 10 times the rate of Whites"

NOtice how the number being discussed switches from "use" in absolute terms to "drug offense" as a rate of the population, the type of dishonest misleading statistic that liberalism needs to support it's mythological world view and it's indefensible policies.

Usage is far less likely to result in jail time than dealing.

IMO, that was the strongest of your points.

Crushed unless you can show that "Drug offenses" is limited to just users, and not dealers.

Rofl.gif

When all you have are semantics you have just admitted defeat.

Thanks for playing. You can pick up your consolation prize from the table next to the exit.

Forum List

Back