blacks are pissed the do not get juneteenth off

Philosophy is not "a science", first. Second, historians accept the truth of history.

again. wow.
If philosophy isn't a scientific discipline then what is it? As I understand it philosophy is the study of the fundamental truths of ourselves, of humanity, of nature and our relationship to each other. Arriving at the truth requires one to be able to discern reality from fiction. That is the difference between the objective and the subjective. Sounds like science to me.

What is the "truth of history"? How do we know something truly happened? Can we rely solely on eyewitness accounts? If an entire community in 1692 Massachusetts swear that witchcraft has taken over their town and they execute a bunch of people for it, does that prove witchcraft a "historical truth"?

Hey Moron, the world is FULL of evidence that isn't scientific nor can be verified scientifically! Damn, stupid AND jive. Typical tard.

Marriage licenses.
Birth certificates.

Accepted as evidence everywhere--of your marriage and basically, your existence. But not "scientific".

Geeeeez

If philosophy isn't a scientific discipline then what is it? As I understand it philosophy is the study of the fundamental truths of ourselves, of humanity, of nature and our relationship to each other. Arriving at the truth requires one to be able to discern reality from fiction. That is the difference between the objective and the subjective. Sounds like science to me.

What is the "truth of history"? How do we know something truly happened? Can we rely solely on eyewitness accounts? If an entire community in 1692 Massachusetts swear that witchcraft has taken over their town and they execute a bunch of people for it, does that prove witchcraft a "historical truth"?

Philosophy is considered a humanity.

Hey Goathead, take a holiday. Next June I authorize you to take one off--- without pay. Now do please tell me more jive! I love to hear you talk.
I'm my own boss so I can take whatever time I want off. Usually we take a month off out of the year so my wife can volunteer as a nurse in Africa with a really great group called Nurses with Purpose. This year was Zimbabwe and next year I think we're going to Ghana, don't think it's in June though.

What I love is that you think repeating "jive" makes up for your incredibly stupid and visible mistake of thinking only some holidays are made up. 😆

Hey Moron, the world is FULL of evidence that isn't scientific nor can be verified scientifically! Damn, stupid AND jive. Typical tard.
Which "evidence" can't be verified scientifically and what exactly do you imagine this none verified thing to be "evidence" of? Have an example?

your incredibly stupid and visible mistake of thinking only some holidays are made up.

Not half as stupid as you thinking that "juneteenth" comports with real, national holidays like New Years, 4th, Thanksgiving and Christmas, or the celebration of a person's birthday who is historically significant like MLK.

But you go right on telling yourself otherwise, that is what you do best.

Not half as stupid as you thinking that "juneteenth" comports with real, national holidays like New Years, 4th, Thanksgiving and Christmas, or the celebration of a person's birthday who is historically significant like MLK.

But you go right on telling yourself otherwise, that is what you do best.
Explain to me the difference between real holidays and made up ones in a way that adequately disguises that this all about your very sensitive feelings. 😆

Hate to butt in here but that is complete and utter nonsense.
Science is simply the way we discern truth from supposition. If you're studying humanities, or anything for that matter, hopefully your studying things that have some measure of discernable truth in them.

Explain to me the difference between real holidays and made up ones in a way that adequately disguises that this all about your very sensitive feelings. 😆

Sorry, I don't do First Grade material. Especially when it has already been covered. Come back and see me if you ever manage to get out of grade school.

Meantime, don't hold your breath hoping juneteenth will ever be anything but a pipe dream.

Forum List

Back