Blacks have been voting for Dems for over a hundred years!

technically there have been blacks voting for Dems for over 100 years, so that part is correct. But the entire statement is completely tone deaf and irresponsible considering the state of our union and the circumstances surrounding those votes until 1965. To reference that time period as a critique to their voting record for a political demonization sound bite is absurd in my opinion.
the fact is you lied. you posted it like trump lied and was a boob. you're just a leftist liar that is disingenuous. we know. Thread should be deleted.
why are we lost in binaryland?

from his perspective and what he views to be important, blacks really didn't appreciate the same level of voting rights as whites until 1965 and honestly, not even then.

while i do agree it's getting mad out of habit, his point is still valid.
no, he lied. he stated 1965. Well there was a civil war in this country. and well, that won them the right to vote. maybe not full vote, but still a right to vote. that is all the president said. So his premise is a lie.
and if you ask why he said that, you find out why and have a better understanding where he's coming from. this is an example of digging in the shades of gray.

FUCK YOU YOU LIED - well that's binary YES / NO and i just don't see the world like that.
I understand why he said it. He is making a point that Dems are bad for blacks and Trump is good for blacks and blacks have been idiotically voting for Dems for over a hundred years and they need to wise up and vote republican now. Am I wrong?

Sure sounds like a good idea, especially since so many blacks now have jobs.

so - he was correct.

this really comes across as looking for a reason to get upset.
thread should be deleted. It was a dishonest post. It was based on a lie.
The thread is a quote from the mouth of Trump to be interpreted and discussed. You can call that a lie if you want but you just sound like a fool
yes it was and factual. so, your point was that he lied and was stupid cause he didn't know when blacks started voting. Tell me I'm wrong. And that is pure bullshit.
if it's perspective that blacks have been voting since 1870 so trump was correct, i agree.
if it's perspective that blacks really didn't enjoy that right in the manner intended until AT LEAST 1965, that perspective would still be correct.
well, that is purely subjective and not in the OP. not at all.
that's why you ask follow up questions.

or get bent to hell and start screaming and end up with no resolution.

your call.

Blacks have a very short memory on who was responsible for Jim Crow laws

No, blacks remember quite well it was right wing reactionaries who were responsible.

Yeah, LBJ was a right wing reactionary. LMAO

LBJ was whatever got him ahead. Just like Trump.

Trump was a "Bush Lied, People Died", pro-abortion, pro-Clinton, anti-war, Impeach Bush, Assault Weapons Ban, cut-and-run Democrat just a few years ago.

LBJ and Trump are opportunists. World class hucksters.

Huckster or not, the only thing I care about Trump is what he's doing now. I agree with him about 90-95% of the time, if he keeps it up, he'll get my vote again.

No, blacks remember quite well it was right wing reactionaries who were responsible.

Trump was a "Bush Lied, People Died", pro-abortion, pro-Clinton, anti-war, Impeach Bush, Assault Weapons Ban, cut-and-run Democrat just a few years ago.

Huckster or not, the only thing I care about Trump is what he's doing now. I agree with him about 90-95% of the time, if he keeps it up, he'll get my vote again.

I did not vote for either Trump or Clinton, because I believe our federal debt to be the greatest threat to our country, and I knew they were both big spenders.

Neither one of them deserved my vote, and Trump never will. He is ensuring either we or our children are going to pay a heavy price for his recklessness.

technically there have been blacks voting for Dems for over 100 years, so that part is correct. But the entire statement is completely tone deaf and irresponsible considering the state of our union and the circumstances surrounding those votes until 1965. To reference that time period as a critique to their voting record for a political demonization sound bite is absurd in my opinion.
the fact is you lied. you posted it like trump lied and was a boob. you're just a leftist liar that is disingenuous. we know. Thread should be deleted.

from his perspective and what he views to be important, blacks really didn't appreciate the same level of voting rights as whites until 1965 and honestly, not even then.

no, he lied. he stated 1965. Well there was a civil war in this country. and well, that won them the right to vote. maybe not full vote, but still a right to vote. that is all the president said. So his premise is a lie.
and if you ask why he said that, you find out why and have a better understanding where he's coming from. this is an example of digging in the shades of gray.

FUCK YOU YOU LIED - well that's binary YES / NO and i just don't see the world like that.
i do. it's my opinion and not what this forum is for. move it then. cause the OP is not what was intended.
so 1 person should be able to - based on their views - dictate conversations of others?

kinda what you just said.

I understand why he said it. He is making a point that Dems are bad for blacks and Trump is good for blacks and blacks have been idiotically voting for Dems for over a hundred years and they need to wise up and vote republican now. Am I wrong?
nope. that would do it. 100+ years makes a stronger case than 48.

kinda like when obama was saying how many guns were bought illegally and he used the highest number he could find on the internet. was it true? no. but it sure fit his agenda.

thread should be deleted. It was a dishonest post. It was based on a lie.
The thread is a quote from the mouth of Trump to be interpreted and discussed. You can call that a lie if you want but you just sound like a fool
yes it was and factual. so, your point was that he lied and was stupid cause he didn't know when blacks started voting. Tell me I'm wrong. And that is pure bullshit.
if it's perspective that blacks have been voting since 1870 so trump was correct, i agree.
if it's perspective that blacks really didn't enjoy that right in the manner intended until AT LEAST 1965, that perspective would still be correct.

your call.
it is. I made it.

at this point i'd vote for him again.

still won't watch him talk unless i have to, but i'd vote for him again. :)

i do. it's my opinion and not what this forum is for. move it then. cause the OP is not what was intended.
so 1 person should be able to - based on their views - dictate conversations of others?

no post facts, his information should have been in the OP then. again. it starts one down the wrong path and is disingenuous.

your call.
it is. I made it.
have fun storming the castle.

no post facts, his information should have been in the OP then. again. it starts one down the wrong path and is disingenuous.
i started on the same path you did and handled it differently and we came to a consensus or common ground.

it goes where you drive it.

your call.
it is. I made it.
done. my time, not yours.

i started on the same path you did and handled it differently and we came to a consensus or common ground.

yep. you did a nice job. thanks. but again, the intent of a thread is based on the OP. I 've been hand slapped enough for not staying on the OP.

your call.
it is. I made it.
done. my time, not yours.
MY TIME MY TIME!!!!

heh.

yep. you did a nice job. thanks. but again, the intent of a thread is based on the OP. I 've been hand slapped enough for not staying on the OP.
i'd hate to be a mod here. well on any political forum actually.

most people want to be right. not learn.

what's to learn on a message board is how disingenuous people really are. Lie to lie. again, you did a nice job, with OK he got the 100 years. so he's still wrong with his OP intentions of making the president look like he was clueless. just saying.

what's to learn on a message board is how disingenuous people really are. Lie to lie. again, you did a nice job, with OK we got the 100 years. so he's still wrong with his OP intentions of making the president look like he was clueless. just saying.
depends on why you go to message boards. i filter out most of the canned trolling and people who obviously are here to get on others nerves. it was fun banter back when i was drunk every evening but never got anywhere.

common ground isn't easy to find. esp these days. but i'd have to say it's the one thing we need the most these days. you can't scream someone into submission online. i've yet to see it happen and i've been here since doing <marquee>hi i rock!</marquee> was new.

we will eventually get back to it. everything changes and goes in cycles. til then, it is what we make it. nothing more, nothing less.

I've got the 15th Amendment, passed in Feb 1870, you?

We playing word games now? Do you not recognize the barriers that were in place from 1870s - 1965. Do you not understand my point or do I need to spell it out for you?

No word games, you tried to deride me for pointing out a fact. Blacks have a very short memory on who was responsible for Jim Crow laws, and who pushed the VRA across the finish line in spite of commiecrat opposition. Hell racist Woodrow Wilson got massive black support for his time, it was only about 7% but that was big back then. BTW that was the 1912 election, more than 100 years ago.

President Woodrow Wilson: Pro-Segregationist Democrat--African-Americans & the Presidency

Do you really not see the irony in criticizing the black vote for partisan purposes during a time when their rights were being restricted? A time when they were being lynched, and blocked from fair education, job opportunities, and even use of public facilities? Are you that tone deaf? I wasn’t trying to deride you, but when you ignore my point to pick on details like you are and then call me ignorant for that, then you are setting a hostile tone to the conversation.

Hey, your the one that got all holier than thou over political rhetoric. Politicians embellish, get over it.

I’m far from holly. And I don’t see a problem with criticizing tone deaf statements like this. They do zero good for our country and the sick divide that’s happening.

Of course making a big deal over political rhetoric brings everyone closer together, right? I bet most people didn't even see the speech, I didn't.

what's to learn on a message board is how disingenuous people really are. Lie to lie. again, you did a nice job, with OK we got the 100 years. so he's still wrong with his OP intentions of making the president look like he was clueless. just saying.
depends on why you go to message boards. i filter out most of the canned trolling and people who obviously are here to get on others nerves. it was fun banter back when i was drunk every evening but never got anywhere.

common ground isn't easy to find. esp these days. but i'd have to say it's the one thing we need the most these days. you can't scream someone into submission online. i've yet to see it happen and i've been here since doing <marquee>hi i rock!</marquee> was new.

we will eventually get back to it. everything changes and goes in cycles. til then, it is what we make it. nothing more, nothing less.
I come to see how accurate people really are in what they post for the most part. Inaccuracies cause all of the hate in here. I at least can apologize if I got it wrong. not waste ten pages of troll news to say otherwise. that happens more than not. Just be honest. Be factual. that's all. it isn't rocket science. you hate trump, fine, I can live with that, I didn't like obammies agenda though. Then the man doubled down. called for riots in the street and I then I didn't like him. I give two shits trump tells white lies cause of his ego. it's who he is. I accept them. I want his agenda. he has more blacks working than previous two presidents. That's news and it isn't highlighted by the left media. sad. I thought they were for blacks, guess that shows how not they are. I voted trump for a change and disruption. I got all of it.

Forum List

Back