Blacks have been voting for Dems for over a hundred years!

Good for you, I’m sure you’d also be cheering him on if you heard him say that at his rally. That shit just makes me laugh in a sad kind of way. #pathetic

I've got the 15th Amendment, passed in Feb 1870, you?

We playing word games now? Do you not recognize the barriers that were in place from 1870s - 1965. Do you not understand my point or do I need to spell it out for you?

No word games, you tried to deride me for pointing out a fact. Blacks have a very short memory on who was responsible for Jim Crow laws, and who pushed the VRA across the finish line in spite of commiecrat opposition. Hell racist Woodrow Wilson got massive black support for his time, it was only about 7% but that was big back then. BTW that was the 1912 election, more than 100 years ago.

President Woodrow Wilson: Pro-Segregationist Democrat--African-Americans & the Presidency

Do you really not see the irony in criticizing the black vote for partisan purposes during a time when their rights were being restricted? A time when they were being lynched, and blocked from fair education, job opportunities, and even use of public facilities? Are you that tone deaf? I wasn’t trying to deride you, but when you ignore my point to pick on details like you are and then call me ignorant for that, then you are setting a hostile tone to the conversation.

Hey, your the one that got all holier than thou over political rhetoric. Politicians embellish, get over it.

I’m far from holly. And I don’t see a problem with criticizing tone deaf statements like this. They do zero good for our country and the sick divide that’s happening.

We playing word games now? Do you not recognize the barriers that were in place from 1870s - 1965. Do you not understand my point or do I need to spell it out for you?

No word games, you tried to deride me for pointing out a fact. Blacks have a very short memory on who was responsible for Jim Crow laws, and who pushed the VRA across the finish line in spite of commiecrat opposition. Hell racist Woodrow Wilson got massive black support for his time, it was only about 7% but that was big back then. BTW that was the 1912 election, more than 100 years ago.

President Woodrow Wilson: Pro-Segregationist Democrat--African-Americans & the Presidency

I did some digging and found that there were approx 10 million blacks living in America in 1912 (year of Woodrow’s election) and at that time there were about 600k who were elibable to vote. Couldn’t find stats for how many actually voted or who they voted for.
so trump was correct.

not absolute but correct.

correct?
technically there have been blacks voting for Dems for over 100 years, so that part is correct. But the entire statement is completely tone deaf and irresponsible considering the state of our union and the circumstances surrounding those votes until 1965. To reference that time period as a critique to their voting record for a political demonization sound bite is absurd in my opinion.
the fact is you lied. you posted it like trump lied and was a boob. you're just a leftist liar that is disingenuous. we know. Thread should be deleted.

I did some digging and found that there were approx 10 million blacks living in America in 1912 (year of Woodrow’s election) and at that time there were about 600k who were elibable to vote. Couldn’t find stats for how many actually voted or who they voted for.
so trump was correct.

correct?
technically there have been blacks voting for Dems for over 100 years, so that part is correct. But the entire statement is completely tone deaf and irresponsible considering the state of our union and the circumstances surrounding those votes until 1965. To reference that time period as a critique to their voting record for a political demonization sound bite is absurd in my opinion.
so - he was correct.

this really comes across as looking for a reason to get upset.

Did you all hear Trump say this at his last rally? Another brilliant tag line from our dear leader :)
#clueless

Which of Obama's 57 states did he say that in?
I get it we all mess up at times... the difference between stating the wrong number and criticizing the way an oppressed race was voting is rather large
well expect now you're kinda playing games so you can say trump said something stupid.

on paper have blacks had the right to vote since 1870?
yes.
was trump correct in what he said?
yes.
has reality made exercising that amendment difficult?
yes.
1965 was done to ensure that the 1870 actions were enforced.

were ALL BLACKS denied voting between 1870 to 1965? you seem to be saying, in order to bash trump, that no black person was legally able to vote before 1965.

that wouldn't be very accurate from what i can tell.
Fair critique, I’m not saying that none could vote. There were a small percentage that could vote and a large percentage restricted by law, which is why critiquing their voting history during that time seems both tone deaf and disingenuous as they didn’t exactly have a fair and free voice during that time. That very significant fact seems glossed over to make a cheap dig on blacks and the democrats.

I hear a sound bite from Trumps rally that made me laugh and shake my head at how oblivious he is about certain issues and I posted about it. In a different thread I also gave Trump kudos for the medical bill he signed yesterday, FYI.

It is just very interesting to me that in the heat of all this controversy with race going on that careless statements like these get made.
if true, it's not careless is it?

couldn't the controversy be that we nitpick so much that we find things to get mad at cause we expect to be mad at someone?
Yes, there is a lot of oversensitivity happening. And this statement isn’t the end of the world, I’m not calling for impeachment or a protest over it. I’m not calling him a racist, I’m calling him oblivious, and as our POTUS he needs to do better. It wouldn’t hurt if somebody could whisper in Trumps ear how a statement like the one I mentioned gets reacted to in this climate. Statements like those are inflammatory and unnecessary. We can all make better choices about the things we say and how we say them. That goes for you, me, Trump, and everybody else.

so trump was correct.

correct?
the fact is you lied. you posted it like trump lied and was a boob. you're just a leftist liar that is disingenuous. we know. Thread should be deleted.
why are we lost in binaryland?

from his perspective and what he views to be important, blacks really didn't appreciate the same level of voting rights as whites until 1965 and honestly, not even then.

while i do agree it's getting mad out of habit, his point is still valid.

so trump was correct.

correct?
so - he was correct.

thread should be deleted. It was a dishonest post. It was based on a lie.

Did you all hear Trump say this at his last rally? Another brilliant tag line from our dear leader :)
#clueless
When did they start voting democrat?
Well they didn’t receive the right to vote until 1965 so it would be sometime after that... right?

#Clueless!!
Yeah, I should have taken more time with that statement. I’ve since explained it
:auiqs.jpg:only a leftist:auiqs.jpg: no apology, just an aw-shit, look what I did. So kill the thread right?
You’re not paying attention

so trump was correct.

correct?
so - he was correct.

The thread is a quote from the mouth of Trump to be interpreted and discussed. You can call that a lie if you want but you just sound like a fool

so trump was correct.

correct?

from his perspective and what he views to be important, blacks really didn't appreciate the same level of voting rights as whites until 1965 and honestly, not even then.

no, he lied. he stated 1965. Well there was a civil war in this country. and well, that won them the right to vote. maybe not full vote, but still a right to vote. that is all the president said. So his premise is a lie.

so trump was correct.

correct?
so - he was correct.

The thread is a quote from the mouth of Trump to be interpreted and discussed. You can call that a lie if you want but you just sound like a fool
yes it was and factual. so, your point was that he lied and was stupid cause he didn't know when blacks started voting. Tell me I'm wrong. And that is pure bullshit.

Wrong man, blacks voted in the inbetween years, if they could jump through the hoops, and who put up those barriers? hint:NOT conservative republicans
Maybe not republicans but yes conservatives. Efforts to free slaves and progress their rights was a Liberal effort by definition. And the actions by the southern states, and yes southern Democrats, and Jim Crow laws were not a result of the way blacks were voting. Like I said a few posts ago, that is completely tone deaf
Wrong, we've been over this
there were conservatives in lincolns time. Watch the movie
if you don't like that
then what did Horace Greeley run as and what year? Who did he run against? What party were they?
And of course let me know the last democrat more conservative than the republican for President?
I think most republicans were more Liberal than their democratic counter parts back in Lincoln’s day. Southern democrats were absolutely conservative during Jim Crow. Those roles flip flopped during the mid 1900s
You are wrong, that's the point. It is propaganda
Again which Democrat was more conservative than the republican in a presidential election?
Guys they talked about the republicans as a conservative party during mckinley
who was that conservative faction? Rockerfeller, Carnegie and all the captains of industry, but it was there during Lincolns time.
no it's a lie. the thread should be shut down. I thought this place had morals. Lying hacks to make a point isn't allowed.
Which part of the OP is a lie? Quote me and explain why. You can’t... so beat it

Which of Obama's 57 states did he say that in?
I get it we all mess up at times... the difference between stating the wrong number and criticizing the way an oppressed race was voting is rather large
well expect now you're kinda playing games so you can say trump said something stupid.

on paper have blacks had the right to vote since 1870?
yes.
was trump correct in what he said?
yes.
has reality made exercising that amendment difficult?
yes.
1965 was done to ensure that the 1870 actions were enforced.

were ALL BLACKS denied voting between 1870 to 1965? you seem to be saying, in order to bash trump, that no black person was legally able to vote before 1965.

that wouldn't be very accurate from what i can tell.
Fair critique, I’m not saying that none could vote. There were a small percentage that could vote and a large percentage restricted by law, which is why critiquing their voting history during that time seems both tone deaf and disingenuous as they didn’t exactly have a fair and free voice during that time. That very significant fact seems glossed over to make a cheap dig on blacks and the democrats.

I hear a sound bite from Trumps rally that made me laugh and shake my head at how oblivious he is about certain issues and I posted about it. In a different thread I also gave Trump kudos for the medical bill he signed yesterday, FYI.

It is just very interesting to me that in the heat of all this controversy with race going on that careless statements like these get made.
if true, it's not careless is it?

couldn't the controversy be that we nitpick so much that we find things to get mad at cause we expect to be mad at someone?
Yes, there is a lot of oversensitivity happening. And this statement isn’t the end of the world, I’m not calling for impeachment or a protest over it. I’m not calling him a racist, I’m calling him oblivious, and as our POTUS he needs to do better. It wouldn’t hurt if somebody could whisper in Trumps ear how a statement like the one I mentioned gets reacted to in this climate. Statements like those are inflammatory and unnecessary. We can all make better choices about the things we say and how we say them. That goes for you, me, Trump, and everybody else.
to a point i agree.

where i disagree is "in this climate" it doesn't matter what he says, people are going to get mad.

hell roseanne gets stupid and people demand trump apologizes.

i think if you hate trump - these matter. if you don't hate trump, you don't care and likely didn't watch him cause you hate hearing him talk (guilty) if you love trump, you jump to defend what he says from his perspective.

i don't think anyone is wrong in their views here, just wrong to think people will think like we do and talk accordingly.

our differences should be where conversations begin, not arguments.

When did they start voting democrat?
Well they didn’t receive the right to vote until 1965 so it would be sometime after that... right?

#Clueless!!
Yeah, I should have taken more time with that statement. I’ve since explained it
:auiqs.jpg:only a leftist:auiqs.jpg: no apology, just an aw-shit, look what I did. So kill the thread right?
You’re not paying attention
dude, I've already explained.

so trump was correct.

correct?
so - he was correct.

yes it was and factual. so, your point was that he lied and was stupid cause he didn't know when blacks started voting. Tell me I'm wrong. And that is pure bullshit.
if it's perspective that blacks have been voting since 1870 so trump was correct, i agree.
if it's perspective that blacks really didn't enjoy that right in the manner intended until AT LEAST 1965, that perspective would still be correct.

Good for you, I’m sure you’d also be cheering him on if you heard him say that at his rally. That shit just makes me laugh in a sad kind of way. #pathetic

I did some digging and found that there were approx 10 million blacks living in America in 1912 (year of Woodrow’s election) and at that time there were about 600k who were eligable to vote. Couldn’t find stats for how many actually voted or who they voted for.

i'm going by a couple of articles I read, I posted a link to one of them.

I read it, thanks for posting it. It’s what led me to dig into the numbers as %s don’t mean anything unless you know what they are measuring.

Maybe not republicans but yes conservatives. Efforts to free slaves and progress their rights was a Liberal effort by definition. And the actions by the southern states, and yes southern Democrats, and Jim Crow laws were not a result of the way blacks were voting. Like I said a few posts ago, that is completely tone deaf
Wrong, we've been over this
there were conservatives in lincolns time. Watch the movie
if you don't like that
then what did Horace Greeley run as and what year? Who did he run against? What party were they?
And of course let me know the last democrat more conservative than the republican for President?
I think most republicans were more Liberal than their democratic counter parts back in Lincoln’s day. Southern democrats were absolutely conservative during Jim Crow. Those roles flip flopped during the mid 1900s
You are wrong, that's the point. It is propaganda
Again which Democrat was more conservative than the republican in a presidential election?
Guys they talked about the republicans as a conservative party during mckinley
who was that conservative faction? Rockerfeller, Carnegie and all the captains of industry, but it was there during Lincolns time.
no it's a lie. the thread should be shut down. I thought this place had morals. Lying hacks to make a point isn't allowed.
Which part of the OP is a lie? Quote me and explain why. You can’t... so beat it
Another brilliant tag line from our dear leader :)
#clueless

so - he was correct.

if it's perspective that blacks have been voting since 1870 so trump was correct, i agree.
if it's perspective that blacks really didn't enjoy that right in the manner intended until AT LEAST 1965, that perspective would still be correct.
well, that is purely subjective and not in the OP. not at all.

so trump was correct.

correct?

no, he lied. he stated 1965. Well there was a civil war in this country. and well, that won them the right to vote. maybe not full vote, but still a right to vote. that is all the president said. So his premise is a lie.
and if you ask why he said that, you find out why and have a better understanding where he's coming from. this is an example of digging in the shades of gray.

FUCK YOU YOU LIED - well that's binary YES / NO and i just don't see the world like that.

so trump was correct.

correct?

and if you ask why he said that, you find out why and have a better understanding where he's coming from. this is an example of digging in the shades of gray.

FUCK YOU YOU LIED - well that's binary YES / NO and i just don't see the world like that.
i do. it's my opinion and not what this forum is for. move it then. cause the OP is not what was intended.

so trump was correct.

correct?

I understand why he said it. He is making a point that Dems are bad for blacks and Trump is good for blacks and blacks have been idiotically voting for Dems for over a hundred years and they need to wise up and vote republican now. Am I wrong?

Forum List

Back